Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) (35432 Views)

Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! / Please Help My PC Is Displaying Another Person Bitcoin Address / What Laptop (pc)is Best For Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Tbasicme: 1:20pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:
So, I've been using this pc for quite some time now apart from the back up that it does not have, everything else is working perfectly until last year around June when I discovered that it's enter button and some other 2/3 buttons ain't functional again but since there's screen keyboard, I don't necessarily bother much about it as I can still be managing it.. So it wasn't in used as I do use it frequently again, so there's nothing to worry about until around December last year that I wanna use it and it started displaying this BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND

I don't know what's wrong with it maybe it's software problems or hardware.. Please any solution would be highly appreciated.

Check the connector of your hard disk. It has disconnected or it is bad
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by gab4cha: 1:22pm On Feb 26, 2023
Your OS boot files appear to corrupted
Get a bootable drive connected and boot from it and go on to fixing your boot files
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:24pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:
So, I've been using this pc for quite some time now apart from the back up that it does not have, everything else is working perfectly until last year around June when I discovered that it's enter button and some other 2/3 buttons ain't functional again but since there's screen keyboard, I don't necessarily bother much about it as I can still be managing it.. So it wasn't in used as I do use it frequently again, so there's nothing to worry about until around December last year that I wanna use it and it started displaying this BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND

I don't know what's wrong with it maybe it's software problems or hardware.. Please any solution would be highly appreciated.
D hard disk don shift, or hard disk don crash. First set d hard disk, if it doesn't show get a new one
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Mydazz(m): 1:24pm On Feb 26, 2023
Your system is not seeing your drive, hence it cannot boot since you OS is on the drive. If your drive is okay, it's a minor issue.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Mcslize: 1:25pm On Feb 26, 2023
@ ROYH

Watch this video to fix your issue.

Fix Boot Device not found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaeXI4Vaf-4

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Jeterry(m): 1:29pm On Feb 26, 2023
You need a new hard drive. That's all
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Lexzov1: 1:38pm On Feb 26, 2023
Remove your hard drive and fix it tightly, if possible pad it to be firm. I had similar issues, and that's how I solved it

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Sirmikky1(m): 1:49pm On Feb 26, 2023
Noble3264:
I can help, but it has to be through a video call session.(the process is somehow tricky).

Hi

I need help with my desktop (running on Win7) as well, please.

The screen goes black after about 2minutes of booting.
The sleep timeout is set at NEVER
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by just2endowed: 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2023
Greyworld:

Yes. I actually traveled with it but was on my body the whole time

Open the pc and try reinsert the hdd. It's not sitting well. If it fails to detect your hdd then try another hdd
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by phemmyfour: 2:04pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

Hardware crashed. Reinstall the Operating system if you don't have vital documents on the system.

2. Alternatively, remove the HDD and slave it to another system to copy out your vitals. Format the HDD and put it back in your system. Then, perform fresh OS installation
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 26, 2023
Revolution2022:
You dey use am watch xxxvideos.
God don shut the pc to safe his soul and body πŸ˜‚
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 2:10pm On Feb 26, 2023
You see that second option would have been the best I'd performed had it been the arrow keys and enter key are functioning right now but unfortunately, it's not and it's sadden because every loopholes I could explore couldn't be done because of this problem.
post=121259393:

2nd option : Perform Hard Reset

When you reset the device, it forces the system to clear and reestablish the software connections between the BIOS and the hardware.
To perform a hard reset, follow the below-listed steps:

Turn off the computer and remove it from any port replicator or docking station.
Then, disconnect all external devices from your computer and unplug the AC adapter.
Remove the battery as well.Press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds.
Then, insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the computer.

Note:Β Don’t connect any of the peripheral devices, such as USB storage devices, external displays, printers, etc.

Now, turn on the computer. When the start menu opens, select Start Windows Normally with arrow keys and press Enter

Goodluck.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by obua: 2:17pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

do you carry your laptop around? Your hard drive might be loose and not properly fixed
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2023
Have actually watched similar video solutions to such problem after the post was created, but unfortunately, I'm strapped in between faulty keyboard that's making me halt any suggestions that requires pressing the arrow keys and the enter key!
webosky:

I had same issues, go to YouTube you will find solution, just follow the steps, its easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W3FqaJGtPU

The best possible trial for now is to hope that the HDD should shake from its connector and get it fixed by just RE - INSERTING
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Greyworld: 2:21pm On Feb 26, 2023
just2endowed:

Open the pc and try reinsert the hdd. It's not sitting well. If it fails to detect your hdd then try another hdd
Yea I that and it worked

Thnks all the same

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 2:32pm On Feb 26, 2023
Thank you very much for this input..
brightk:

First check if your hard drive connection is intact

Did u or ur engineer downgrade your operating system say windows 10 to windows 7? if yes u have disabled UEFI BOOTING options to legacy to support older windows operating system.

You made mention of no backup (battery). Most laptops now dont come with a cmos battery.. settings stored on bios are being backed up by the laptop battery. so if the battery is dead, there is no way the bios setting can be saved hence it results to going back to factory settings which is UEFI booting and ur pc is set to legacy boot..

my take here is this replace laptop battery and go into bios setting and allow legacy boot options.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 2:34pm On Feb 26, 2023
Thanks Man. I actually believe to be that the HDD shiffed from its motherboard nih.. Getting it unscrew right now seems to be the priority for me
BigCowHornn:

Get a keyboard and plug it in a port and you are good to go.

The only problem is I don't see you HDD listed in that svreensjot. Chances are it has shifted and that's what is causing this

Open up the back of your PC
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Proffdada: 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2023
Bad hard drive

Or it's shaken off contact
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by bamasite2: 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

Most likely your hard drive(the boot device) has shifted such that the system cannot see the OS to boot.

Simply ensure the hard drive is snugly fit in its compartment.

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 2:43pm On Feb 26, 2023
Wow! I'm happy you've got yours fixed!
I'll definitely work my way around this one too one way or another other..
Greyworld:

Yea I that and it worked

Thnks all the same
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Pixtech: 2:53pm On Feb 26, 2023
Check your HDD if it didn't pulled out a bit, then if it's, it can cause it.

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by jomarick(m): 2:55pm On Feb 26, 2023
All the answer I have been seeing here are not the likely solution. Your pc shows no boot device found because "legacy support" has been turned off. Go give it to a competent engineer, we must to chop nah!
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by EngrOloye: 3:06pm On Feb 26, 2023
Pls look for a competent engr to help u fix d hard disk back. It has bin removed from from d board.... Contact me if u can't do it. 07082078843
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by fkj950ax(m): 3:08pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

Boot device not found.
The PC cannot read the Hard Drive.

The OS is on the Hard Drive.

Your Hard Drive has crashed or the partition with the OS is corrupted and won't load.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 3:16pm On Feb 26, 2023
Wow, just wow.. Almost everyone on this thread solutions points to two things and narrow down to the one main thing which is HDD even if it is the legacy support, that is the simplest thing cause it was mentioned and ways to go around it was posted too
jomarick:
All the answer I have been seeing here are not the likely solution. Your pc shows no boot device found because "legacy support" has been turned off. Go give it to a competent engineer, we must to chop nah!
Yeah, from every indication, the OS is on the HDD but I don't think the HDD has crashed yet but rather slightly moved from its motherboard
fkj950ax:

Boot device not found.
The PC cannot read the Hard Drive.

The OS is on the Hard Drive.

Your Hard Drive has crashed or the partition with the OS is corrupted and won't load.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Greyworld: 3:16pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:
Wow! I'm happy you've got yours fixed!
I'll definitely work my way around this one too one way or another other..

Okay. Whats up with yours??
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by stillme231: 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

ur hard disk dn shift so it can't boot... sometimes hitting the bottom where d hard disk it can fix it... Better ... Get a new hardisk n format with window 10 or any

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by greatseo(m): 3:29pm On Feb 26, 2023
Check if your hard drive is firmly connected
If not, connect it again and let it be tight but if it doesn't work then reload the OS without formatting the hard drive so you won't lose your old files.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 3:31pm On Feb 26, 2023
Unfortunately it Seems The HDD isn't connecting properly to the mother hence why the system can't load the OS from the HDD cause that's its root drive
Greyworld:

Okay. Whats up with yours??
or the HDD itself has crashed and needs replacement.. But then I don't think it's crashed but rather shiffed from its motherboard

cause the system is in fine condition the last time I run it.. So, I think it's during the process of moving it during packing that got the HDD possibly shiffed from its rightful position
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2023
Please how do I reload the OS without losing the files?
greatseo:
Check if your hard drive is firmly connected
If not, connect it again and let it be tight but if it doesn't work then reload the OS without formatting the hard drive so you won't lose your old files.
I utmost believe the HDD isn't firmly connected, that can only be the possible cause because I don't expect the hard drive to have crashed or fry..
Thanks
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Igbokwechika101(m): 3:45pm On Feb 26, 2023
Boss on your PC issues.sometimes it might from the hardisk.it might shake which you need put back in his position of the PC.or maybe the hardisk is bad.and you can still press does keys.showing on the keyboard.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by FireUpNow(m): 3:54pm On Feb 26, 2023
OP take it to a computer engineer to get it fixed don't DIY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / How To Give Your Usb Devices A Background Image / Mtn F@stlink Software Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.