Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) - Computers (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) (35513 Views)

Did Your Computer Suddenly Stop Displaying? Here Is The Fix! / Please Help My PC Is Displaying Another Person Bitcoin Address / What Laptop (pc)is Best For Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by udemzyudex(m): 4:05pm On Feb 26, 2023
hustla:

Chei

This used to be the fix for my old school HP 530 back then

udemzy, how far? u still dey go betting thread? I remember you from back in the day

grin

Lol.. i don comot hand for anything wey concern betting tey tey.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by SUXXI(m): 4:08pm On Feb 26, 2023
Your laptop is having bios configuration issue. You meed to buy USB keyboard.Then goto your bios,goto boot option and disable secure boot and enable legacy option. Save your settings and it will detect your hard disk and boot to desktop. You also need to change your cmos battery in your laptop. The battery is dead so all settings have returned to default settings. Most laptop cmos battery have been causing such issues. I have fixed lots of hp and dell laptop with such problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ElijahIme1992(m): 4:22pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:
So, I've been using this pc for quite some time now apart from the back up that it does not have, everything else is working perfectly until last year around June when I discovered that it's enter button and some other 2/3 buttons ain't functional again but since there's screen keyboard, I don't necessarily bother much about it as I can still be managing it.. So it wasn't in used as I do use it frequently again, so there's nothing to worry about until around December last year that I wanna use it and it started displaying this BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND

I don't know what's wrong with it maybe it's software problems or hardware.. Please any solution would be highly appreciated.
Boss ur hard disk drive has shifted from the connection, open it and fix it firmly...

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by PARTYNEXTDOOR: 4:26pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:
So, I've been using this pc for quite some time now apart from the back up that it does not have, everything else is working perfectly until last year around June when I discovered that it's enter button and some other 2/3 buttons ain't functional again but since there's screen keyboard, I don't necessarily bother much about it as I can still be managing it.. So it wasn't in used as I do use it frequently again, so there's nothing to worry about until around December last year that I wanna use it and it started displaying this BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND

I don't know what's wrong with it maybe it's software problems or hardware.. Please any solution would be highly appreciated.

I'd like to know if you dropped it. Probably your system hard drive is protected and pulled.

You can check that and try to boot it again

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 4:28pm On Feb 26, 2023
PARTYNEXTDOOR:

I'd like to know if you dropped it. Probably your system hard drive is protected and pulled.

You can check that and try to boot it again
I never dropped it for once.. It has it on table and chair for itself.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by babaegun(m): 4:32pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

Do you have a flash disk inserted to the USB port of the pc? Remove it immediately and reboot. Else, you may need to ensure the harddrive is well connected and reload the OS.

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Olumiday15: 4:41pm On Feb 26, 2023
Last time this happened with my Lenovo…I had to hit the back hard then power on before it worked … something done shift …your pc fit don fall before ..or just take to Ikeja
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Chickensoup: 4:41pm On Feb 26, 2023
Go to you boot settings in bios, you will see the boot order. Select the device in which the windows was installed (your hard disk) and place it first in the boot order. Save and restart the system.

If the boot order is wrongly placed or your windows files is corrupted or windows has been deleted, you will get that error message.

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by litaninja(m): 4:48pm On Feb 26, 2023
You want to chop with a bios setting that the user will easily toggle by themself?

jomarick:
All the answer I have been seeing here are not the likely solution. Your pc shows no boot device found because "legacy support" has been turned off. Go give it to a competent engineer, we must to chop nah!
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by litaninja(m): 4:48pm On Feb 26, 2023
He didn't effect any change. Drive was booting fine before.

SUXXI:
Your laptop is having bios configuration issue. You meed to buy USB keyboard.Then goto your bios,goto boot option and disable secure boot and enable legacy option. Save your settings and it will detect your hard disk and boot to desktop. You also need to change your cmos battery in your laptop. The battery is dead so all settings have returned to default settings. Most laptop cmos battery have been causing such issues. I have fixed lots of hp and dell laptop with such problem.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by dante12412(m): 5:02pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

Good evening,I had an exact issue with my laptop and I directed my question(how to fix the BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND on my HP laptop) to YouTube videos and I went through a couple of short videos.
So my advice is if you have an Android phone,just get ready and apply the same method the YouTuber is displaying on the screen of your phone one after the other,in a situation where by you don't understand any part,you can pause and go back to that particular place you went confused and replay it again till you get it right,that's how I did mine and it worked,so guy try it and thank me later wink.
The truth is nobody can really give you the real directions through this medium for you to get it right, you need to be physically present so as to fix it.so because it's a software issue and not mechanical,your best bet for now is to consult Youtube and follow steps to get it right but on a second thought,you can take it to a any software repairs you know and that means you must pay for workmanship..lol grin.
It happened to me I no pay shishi and I'm still using the laptop till tomorrow even though it keeps coming back after some days but no worries,since I have the cure grin.

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by klarry79: 5:04pm On Feb 26, 2023
Your hard drive is likely crashed. You need to have it replaced and the OS installed.
Contact me for further assist.

ROYH:

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by hustla(m): 5:24pm On Feb 26, 2023
udemzyudex:

Lol.. i don comot hand for anything wey concern betting tey tey.

Hand don touch u be that cheesy
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by udemzyudex(m): 5:30pm On Feb 26, 2023
hustla:

Hand don touch u be that cheesy

Lol.. that thing no be for the weak. cheesy grin
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by kayyk(m): 5:33pm On Feb 26, 2023
Affordable Desktops and monitors available
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Nyanabo(m): 5:56pm On Feb 26, 2023
Did your system fall off or something hard was placed on it? It's seems the HDD is not connected securely.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by oniga6: 6:06pm On Feb 26, 2023
Go to bios and select secure boot enable and ....disable

Save and exit.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by oniga6: 6:13pm On Feb 26, 2023
dante12412:

Good evening,I had an exact issue with my laptop and I directed my question(how to fix the BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND on my HP laptop) to YouTube videos and I went through a couple of short videos.
So my advice is if you have an Android phone,just get ready and apply the same method the YouTuber is displaying on the screen of your phone one after the other,in a situation where by you don't understand any part,you can pause and go back to that particular place you went confused and replay it again till you get it right,that's how I did mine and it worked,so guy try it and thank me later wink.
The truth is nobody can really give you the real directions through this medium for you to get it right, you need to be physically present so as to fix it.so because it's a software issue and not mechanical,your best bet for now is to consult Youtube and follow steps to get it right but on a second thought,you can take it to a any software repairs you know and that means you must pay for workmanship..lol grin.
It happened to me I not pay shishi and I'm still using the laptop till tomorrow even though it keeps coming back after some days but no worries,since I have the cure grin.

Select secure boot enable from the bios as usually done and copy your file then format the system with a bootable flash. That error message will never display again. It will affect your drive if this was not done on time. If the error message persists you may need to change the HDD.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by jomarick(m): 6:16pm On Feb 26, 2023
litaninja:
You want to chop with a bios setting that the user will easily toggle by themself?

I have provided him the solution, he was still talking about os and hdd. Not me, cos am not available for his service. Sometimes we're ignorantly of the most basic things and we have no choice but to seek help
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Princelumide: 6:16pm On Feb 26, 2023
Remove your harddisk and reinsert it back and if it's the same, just reinstall the windows.

Hope you partition your harddisk from the onset?
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by MeineMutter: 6:21pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

Check your hard disk connection cable. It could have removed and not pinned well. Your on board system is not able to communicate with the OS installed on your hard disk. It happens when you shake your laptop or carry it around ANYHOW a lot.

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by MeineMutter: 6:23pm On Feb 26, 2023
icn121:
The laptop in question probably fell from a height or it received an external shock (an object hit it).

Either of these could be the resultant effect:

-- the hard drive may've lost contact with the motherboard.
-- the hard drive may've crashed.

The hard drive is just the cynosure.

Exactly what I said. That’s what happened. Laptop users enjoy flinging and tossing around their systems a lot and this could cause some cables to fall off or not clip well again.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Fantazy(m): 6:36pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

Hard disk issue

1 Like

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by hustla(m): 7:03pm On Feb 26, 2023
udemzyudex:

Lol.. that thing no be for the weak. cheesy grin

cheesy cheesy
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by zeestone99(m): 7:15pm On Feb 26, 2023
Your hdd has shifted. Open it, reconnect and screw it.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by kollinxx(m): 8:24pm On Feb 26, 2023
The HDD hard disk drive, is no longer intact, pls open the slot where the HDD is and ensure its firmly placed. Once that is done it should work fine.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by Bfly: 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2023
Check your hard disk
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by CutSoap(m): 9:19pm On Feb 26, 2023
Hard Drive missing or corrupt
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by zetel95(m): 10:38pm On Feb 26, 2023
ROYH:

Solution
Check ur hard disk if it had shifted, try to push to tighten, if it does not work.
Try and FORMAT it, if FORMAT does not go well, just try and replace the Hard Disk Drive. That's my contribution as a system engineer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 10:48pm On Feb 26, 2023
Thank you chef. Your contribution is greatly appreciated.. But then as a system engineer, please how much is the cost of used Samsung SSD would be and did you suggest I get an external keyboard for the original keyboard that's already malfunctioning or I should just work (get the keyboard fixed)? I'd be awaiting your response.. Thanks once again
zetel95:

Solution
Check ur hard disk if it had shifted, try to push to tighten, if it does not work.
Try and FORMAT it, if FORMAT does not go well, just try and replace the Hard Disk Drive. That's my contribution as a system engineer.
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by litaninja(m): 10:54pm On Feb 26, 2023
Hmmm, okay.
But again, did he make changes to the boot settings? It appears the thing is just not booting after the last use. Hence my troubleshooting steps.
jomarick:
I have provided him the solution, he was still talking about os and hdd. Not me, cos am not available for his service. Sometimes we're ignorantly of the most basic things and we have no choice but to seek help
Re: My Pc Is Displaying This, How Do I Solve It (with Picture) by ROYH(m): 11:16pm On Feb 26, 2023
jomarick:
Is this the possible solution you're taking here that you said you've provided?
jomarick:
Your pc shows no boot device found because "legacy support" has been turned off. Go give it to a competent engineer, we must to chop nah!
I never make changes to the boot system, even if I wanted to, I couldn't due to fact the the key to use in selecting and carrying out the actions isn't working
litaninja:

Hmmm, okay.
But again, did he make changes to the boot settings? It appears the thing is just not booting after the last use. Hence my troubleshooting steps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mtn F@stlink Software Download / Avoid Buying Etisalat Nigeria 200mb Bundle Plan It Is A Pure Scam / Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.