Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:55 PM

CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP (4770 Views)

Buhari’s Statements De-marketing Nigeria, PDP Says / Buhari Lacks Clear Cut Direction On How To Govern Nigeria – PDP / Seized $5.7million: APC Used By ‘Foreign Interests’ To Destroy Nigeria — PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Beaf: 12:34am On Sep 13, 2011
Buhari’s party plots to destabilise govt -PDP •PDP wants to give us a bad name -CPC
Written by Leon Usigbe and Okey Muogbo
Tuesday, 13 September 2011

THE Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) says it has uncovered a plot by the opposition Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) to destabilise the Federal Government and cause instability in the country.

It alleged in Abuja, on Monday, that the CPC was working in consonance with some fringe opposition groups on methods to adopt to cause instability in the system, including discrediting the judiciary and launching impeachment attack on the activities of President Goodluck Jonathan.

A statement issued by the National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Professor Rufai Ahmed Alkali, linked the plot to those the party said were behind post-election violence in parts of the North that led to the death of many and destruction of property.

According to the statement, “this time round, the CPC, along with other fringe political association, has devised a three-pronged approach to destabilise the country. These methods include a concerted campaign to discredit the judiciary, flying dangerous kites like impeachment of the president, and a so-called mass action to tarnish the image of the Federal Government if these options fail.”

The PDP, which said it wanted to draw the attention of Nigerians to “yet another threat to the peace and stability of Nigeria by members of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC),” recalled that “the unfortunate cycle of violence that broke out in the country after the last general election was incited by inflammatory statements by leaders of the CPC during their campaigns.”

The ruling party added: “We earlier had cause to question the CPC's interest in the internal affairs of the judiciary when indeed they had demonstrated an absolute lack of faith in this arm of government. This disrespect has been further amplified by the pronouncements of its defeated gubernatorial candidate in Jigawa State, who recently declared publicly that they had no faith in the judiciary but were only waiting for an unfavourable decision in their petition in order to take the next appropriate action.”

“Their declared lack of faith in the judiciary clearly shows that they have a bad case at the tribunal ab initio,” the PDP noted.

The party accused members of the CPC of mobilising other parties “to commence impeachment proceedings against the president over some imaginary allegations, saying, “we find this proposed action by the CPC curious. Otherwise, how can the CPC, with only 35 out of 360 members in the House of Representatives and seven out of 109 senators meaningfully initiate an impeachment move against PDP Government with an overwhelming majority in both chambers of the National Assembly?”

[size=14pt]The PDP recalled a statement made by a chieftain of the CPC at the weekend, quoting a defeated CPC governorship candidate as saying “we do not start violence without reasons to do that and we do not instigate acts of lawlessness without reasons to do that,  I am telling you that when it is time, all of us will act. I am willing to lead a revolt against this government, ”[/size]

The PDP said it viewed CPC’s current posturing seriously and, therefore, called on law enforcement agencies “to be alert and closely monitor the subversive activities of this group, especially against the background of present security challenges in the country.”

It, therefore, called on Nigerians to “be steadfast in defending those they have freely elected and to resist those whose sole agenda is to make our country ungovernable for their selfish interests.”

Reacting to the allegation, the national secretary of the CPC, Alhaji Buba Galadinma, dismissed it as an attempt by the PDP to give CPC a bad name.

According to Alhaji Galadima, the motive of the PDP is to spoil the chances of the CPC at the presidential election petition tribunal where the opposition party is challenging the victory of the PDP in the last presidential election.

He insisted that what the PDP needed to do to achieve peace in Nigeria was to give the people good government and quality leadership.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/28101-buharis-party-plots-to-destabilise-govt-pdp-pdp-wants-to-give-us-a-bad-name-cpc
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Beaf: 12:38am On Sep 13, 2011
Boko haram is not enough for Buhari? That dude is certainly a clown who's going down. cool

Who doesn't know that CPC's foolish election challenge case is simply a cover to stop CPC people getting arrested. Because they will claim to be political prisoners. IMHO, as soon as their case gets crushed, all their bastards involved in boko haram should be arrested and jailed.
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Beaf: 2:14am On Sep 13, 2011
Galadima wrongly adopted Momoh’s statements on oath and the latter adopted Galadima’s as his.

Effort by counsel to the petitioner, Abubakar Malami (SAN), to convince the tribunal that the error arose during the arrangement of the witnesses, was resisted by the respondents’ counsel.

Galadima was the first petitioner witness (PW1) and he had adopted the statement on oath on pages 17 to 55 as his own on sighting his signature. He was cross-examined based on the depositions.

Problems arose when Momoh, who came in as the second petitioner witness (PW2), adopted his statement on oath after confirming his signature. But it turned out that his signature appeared against the statement of Galadima.

It was also discovered that Galadima’s signature appeared against Momoh’s depositions.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/19367-presidential-tribunal-rejects-cpc%E2%80%99s-witnesses%2C-evidence.html

Its silly tricks like the above, asking for the entire INEC database etc, that make you know that CPC is in court merely to pass time and use the place as insurance against arrest for fomenting bloodshed in the country.
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by aljharem3: 2:17am On Sep 13, 2011
guy stop wanking about buhari each day

GEJ is already the president so what is ur fixation on buhari
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Beaf: 2:20am On Sep 13, 2011
alj_harem:

guy stop wanking about buhari each day

GEJ  is already the president so what is your fixation on buhari

Why don't you continue wanking the dog you impregnated?
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Relax101(m): 2:23am On Sep 13, 2011
Buhari should be in jail. Big jail in sao tome. cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Depointer1: 2:35am On Sep 13, 2011
Na lie. In every part of the world we have criminals. But it take a President who has clues to protect his citizens. You keep shouting Buhari bla bla bla, then tell your clueless and irritating president of yours to to arrest him. Does he not know where he lives? afterall he doesnt even has securities surrounding him and still he walks about freely like other honest man like me. tongue tongue
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by maga1: 2:44am On Sep 13, 2011
useless people afraid of buhari. buhari is not ur problem, u already rigged the election and u r now the president. oya work make we see na.
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Beaf: 2:46am On Sep 13, 2011
Depointer1:

Na lie. In every part of the world we have criminals. But it take a President who has clues to protect his citizens. You keep shouting Buhari bla bla bla, then tell your clueless and irritating president of yours to to arrest him. Does he not know where he lives? afterall he doesnt even has securities surrounding him and still he walks about freely like other honest man like me. tongue tongue

The only reason Buhari is running that foolish case in court is so he cannot be arrested. Ok?
Thats why they are not even serious with their own case.

Don't worry, his case cannot last forever, at some point soon, the stup!dity they are exhibiting in court would get it thrown out.
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Beaf: 2:50am On Sep 13, 2011
maga1:

useless people afraid of buhari. buhari is not your problem, u already rigged the election and u r now the president. oya work make we see na.

Lol! I wonder who is actually losing? The South is getting a whole load of projects and investments, while you guys are boko haraming foolishly. Aside from that, the US announced direct help against boko haram yesterday. So mek una de bomb una sef de go, hand go soon meet una.
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by BetaThings: 4:06am On Sep 13, 2011
Relax101:

Buhari should be in jail. Big jail in sao tome. cool cool cool cool cool cool
Yes for daring to commit the treasonable felony of contesting the presidency!
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Nobody: 4:07am On Sep 13, 2011
Same PDP that has been destabilizing Nigeria since. Ironic!
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by BabaEleko(m): 4:24am On Sep 13, 2011
@Beaf. . . . Not until u bring proof that Buhari is behind GEJ's incapability to run the country. U should go suck a dlck bro, with a condom though.
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by birdman(m): 4:55am On Sep 13, 2011
Beaf and fellow GEJ apologists

Your man in power is getting exposed daily. Instead of admitting to mistakes he loves to deflect blame on (surprise, surprise) his political opponents. GEJ is in full control of the FG - if he indeed had proof of Buhari's wrongdoing, he would have produced it by now, to decimate his biggest rivals. How did this guy get a PhD, such incompetence ought to be criminal.
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Exponental(m): 6:35am On Sep 13, 2011
What of Atiku of PDP? his statement after losing d prys shld be investigated too.
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 13, 2011
gej all talk and no action

arrest him already - or is this just another case of 'na we do am?'
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Onlytruth(m): 7:05am On Sep 13, 2011
hehe! I said the same thing yesterday in the Helen Ukpabio thread and some idiots were foaming in the mouth thinking they were abusing me.

Buhari is partly responsible (through his utterances to his illiterate followers) for the current "Boko Haram" we are dealing with. FACT.
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by sucnif(m): 7:21am On Sep 13, 2011
Buhari should be held responsible. he said he would make the country ungovernable for GEJ. An adage said a witch cried yesterday nd a child died today u dont need anybody to tell u that the witch that cried is the one that killed the child. Buhari remember u gave birth to children. the unborn generation would not 4give u if u continue this way.
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 13, 2011
and the desperate spin and spell continues
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by bedia01: 7:30am On Sep 13, 2011
maga1:

useless people afraid of buhari. buhari is not your problem, u already rigged the election and u r now the president. oya work make we see na.
It is evident to note that Buhari publicly declared that if he did not win the elections, he will make the country ungovernable. This public declaration has  being in practical immediately the elections result was declared. Bomb blast at Eaggle square, Niger state, Bauchi, Borno state and other placess in the name of boko haram. I thank God people have known the sources of insecurity in this country. What is left now for government to do is to act accordingly. I have always asked, where were the top security officers from the Northern part of the country when Buhari made open declaration to make this country ungovernable if he did not win election?. Who are those behind boko haram?. Where are the boko haram suspects who were taken on bail by some Northern political and religious leaders?. The arrested boko haram suspects who were taken on bail by these people have jumped bail and are now causing more harm to lifes and property. Can these top security officers claim innocent. The statement of this man quoted above has proved that all of them are behind insecurity in Nigeria. Something should be done.Buhari and his cohorts should be held responsible.
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Gbawe: 7:36am On Sep 13, 2011
birdman:

Beaf and fellow GEJ apologists

Your man in power is getting exposed daily. Instead of admitting to mistakes he loves to deflect blame on (surprise, surprise) his political opponents. GEJ is in full control of the FG - if he indeed had proof of Buhari's wrongdoing, he would have produced it by now, to decimate his biggest rivals. How did this guy get a PhD, such incompetence ought to be criminal.

You guys are minding Beaf? If he had any iota of shame, he would not be here on Nairaland !!! He spammed the forum about the "beyond damning" evidence that was going to send IBB and Dokpesi to jail for "life". Sadly for him , GEJ went on to hail IBB as a father and appoint Dokpesi to his campaign team !!!! Very few would do what GEJ has done, because it reeks of desperation and total lack of morals,  but Beaf would never admit that. He is always looking for the next 'bogeyman' to blame for GEJ's poor performances. GEJ is easily the most hamstrung and compromised President in recent memory. No empty talk , by paid propagandist, on the net will change that.

Beaf has no shame to note the extreme disgrace of being shown up as totally clueless and obscenely sycophantic . He pencilled down IBB for life in prison while GEJ, his hero, had a totally different agenda of sucking up to the retired General !!!! Guys,  Buhari , if unprincipled and materialistic, would have sold out in the struggle and joined the AGIP team who are only concerned with controlling Nigeria's wealth. If that had happened Beaf would never mention Buhari again same as he never mentions Dokpesi . Beaf is easily the most unprincipled Nairalander I know. A chap who stands for nothing and swallows his rancid vomit several times a day.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-525179.96.html

A lot of unschooled folk here don't seem to realise that. But its the digital age and such evidence is almost beyond damning.
Old screws like IBB don't know how to function in the digital era, now the volumes of blood he has spilt must catch up with him.
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by bedia01: 7:49am On Sep 13, 2011
All the top Northern security officers should be mandated to go back to their various constituency and arrest those behind insecurity esspecially in the North.They know where the boko harams originated from, they know where boko haram live and they know where they can get them if really they are loyal and sincere to this present administrattion. If these top security officers fail to do it and continue paying lip service in the name of fighting boko haram, it means they are conspirators and they should be treated as such and be replaced.
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by reindeer: 7:57am On Sep 13, 2011
CPC plans to destabilise Nigeria. . . .and PDP and Jonathan plan to sleep through it all! grin grin
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Abagworo(m): 8:11am On Sep 13, 2011
You guys should observe the blame game tactics being adopted by PDP.The Judiciary has already been discredited with the sack of Salami.I will not be surprised if opposition parties and some die hard Lawyers refuse to recognise the new puppet NJC.

We do not need a Prophet to tell us that there might be mass action with the way the country is going.The PDP led government should try their best to win the heart of the people without inciting ethno-religious sentiments.
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Demdem(m): 8:45am On Sep 13, 2011
Useless PDP, Cursed Poster.

I thought PDP is the party in power. if indeed these their allegations are true, why cant they simply take proactive steps in dealing with the situation before its escalate instead of this complaint. Keep the security agents on the know and let them take action.
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Pukkah: 8:50am On Sep 13, 2011
sucnif:

Buhari should be held responsible. he said he would make the country ungovernable for GEJ. An adage said a witch cried yesterday nd a child died today u dont need anybody to tell u that the witch that cried is the one that killed the child. Buhari remember u gave birth to children. the unborn generation would not 4give u if u continue this way.

The oft quoted 'witch cried' adage is highly fallacious and preposterous. Where is it used as the basis to convict a suspect?
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Godmann(m): 8:51am On Sep 13, 2011
[size=2pt]BEAF:[/size]

Please I honestly will like to know who you are. What's your political ideology? Which Ideology do you think PDP represents? Also let know what you do. I strongly suspect you are either a dirty PDP agent or a dump character. Period.

As for PDP, it was not Buhari that ran Nigeria aground for the past 12 years. If they have evidence against Buhari sponsoring Boko Haram, let them take him to court.

The guy that said something about INEC database, should tell me which is a greater breach of National security: Giving out our biometrics data to a foreign agent or using our biometrics to establish the fraud in the last election.

I have every evidence on how the election was rigged in Enugu state because I traveled down to help in changing my country. As early as 8.30 am people were voting against the rule. It was a ploy to get enough multiple votes. As I talk to you, I have a copy of my Local government election result. I made myself CPC's agent at the local government. I was not paid, rather I spent my little saving recruiting agents in my town for CPC. MY little brother rejected financial inducement to help PDP rig election. He was threatened, but because they know him being our hometown, they could not touch him. Of all the people I sent out, half compromised, the other half maintained their ground.

The other was helped in mobilising his friends, and should have joined us as agents, but had to rush to UNIBEN to sort out his clearance as he called it. So I risked my family helping to change Nigeria. If we had delivered, the shame we are in today would have been avoided. So I am proud that I was intelligent enough to recognize how incapable Jonathan is when fools took him for a messiah. I wrote an article on 5th or 6th July last year when trying to reveal who he is, but you guys are dump. I was the first person that called him fake messiah when I saw through their plan. Today, you guys that elected him as a messiah can judge yourselves.

On the election, the Enugu state speaker mobilised the army and police against me that they effectively stopped me from controlling my agents that day. That was why some of them compromised. At the end of the day, even four wards (all from outside my town) returned result where all registered people voted. I don't know what you will call that.

For me, it was my contribution to humanity. Trying to make the world a better place. To make it was better than the fake offerings people like you give in the churches. You destroy the country and goes to church and mosque to pretend as angels.

Don't worry, we will all meet that God and see what will happen. It is going to be fun when every thing hidden will be exposed.

Evil men.
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Pukkah: 9:03am On Sep 13, 2011
Beaf:

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/19367-presidential-tribunal-rejects-cpc%E2%80%99s-witnesses%2C-evidence.html

Its silly tricks like the above, asking for the entire INEC database etc, that make you know that CPC is in court merely to pass time and use the place as insurance against arrest for fomenting bloodshed in the country.

Beaf:

The only reason Buhari is running that foolish case in court is so he cannot be arrested. Ok?

Don't worry, his case cannot last forever, at some point soon, the stup!dity they are exhibiting in court would get it thrown out.

It's difficult to believe that this is the reason why CPC people have not been arrested. Do you really think this position is correct or there's just no evidence to link the CPC folks to the Boko Haram debacle? Nigeria is bigger than Buhari and I don't expect any leader who is serious about protecting lives and properties to favour this position. If there is a case against Buhari, let them arrest him forthwith and stop vacillating.

I tell you, no reasonable person (no matter how much anti-GEJ he is) would defend Buhari if it's proved that he is the one behind the crises, apart from hearsay and wild speculations.
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by maclatunji: 9:10am On Sep 13, 2011
I don't get this, the ruling party is reporting the CPC to me and other citizens- to do what with them? Should it not be the other way round? In essence, it is like my barber asking me: oga , how will I use this clipper on your hair? After I have told him to give me a low cut. If I have any sense, I will know that the barber is useless and stupid!
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Demdem(m): 9:13am On Sep 13, 2011
Beaf:

Idiotic talk from Accursed. grin grin grin
Re: CPC Plots To Destabilize Nigeria - PDP by Pukkah: 9:29am On Sep 13, 2011
There is no sincere Nigerian that is not concerned about the way Mr Jonathan has been handling the security situation in the country. This is not about the CPC/ACN/PDP divide or argument. There's a serious problem. Mr President, solve it! Simple.

The Catholic Bishops of Nigeria at the weekend even blamed the Federal Government for laxity for failing to solve the Boko Haram problem. Similarly, the same position was echoed by the PFN. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/boko-haram-catholic-bishops-blame-fg-others-for-laxity/

More and more people are becoming concerned but surprisingly, some people are still playing politics with the lives and properties of Nigerians. Isn't this ridiculous?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Makes You A Nigerian? / Court Sets Aside Warrant For Saraki’s Arrest ! / See What Tinubu Said At SW APC Peace Meeting Yesterday That Shows He Is A Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.