Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday (35205 Views)

White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Millimann: 12:03pm On Feb 24, 2023
You loose guard no e small.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by inoki247: 12:04pm On Feb 24, 2023
Sorry bro..
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by blaquebelle: 12:04pm On Feb 24, 2023
😳
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by sofeo(m): 12:07pm On Feb 24, 2023
Oooppss

Sorry

Check my Signature
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by GloriousGbola: 12:07pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:
So I have been trying to sell off my old watches which I have been advertising here and on jiji. I been able to sell two of the watches and two smartbands, and all the payments were via transfer.

This guy called me yesterday that he saw my ad on jiji and wanted to buy my Galaxy Watch 3 for his son. We bargained 100k. He said he was in the office and would call me once he's done.

After about an hour, he called that he's on his way to Lugbe shoprite in Abuja (I stay around there).

When he got to shoprite, he described he's car, and they were three guys in the car. The guy I have been talking with was sitting at the back. He said I should come inside.

The guy inspected the watch, and confirmed everything was fine. He said he has transferred my money, and then showed me his phone that he has been debited. I wasn't even concerned about the debit alert, I'm very aware of fake alert.

Based on trust, I just told him he could go with the watch while I expect my credit alert (based on network, I dont know if it will take 24hrs or more).

He told me thank you and left, and that was the end.

From there I went to get fuel, I stayed 30 minutes at the filling station, no alert. I started calling this thief and he didn't pick.

I have called him over 50 times with my both lines, but the shameless he-goat refused picking my calls, instead he switched off the phone. I realised I have been scammed, I deleted his number so I'm not tempted to call him again. The last thing I want now is distraction. If 100k makes him happy so be it.

I feel very angry because I allowed him go based on trust. I thought I was dealing with a gentle man.

Moreover this month has been very tough for me, Amazon out of the blues closed my associates account for a mistake I made in 2020, and withheld my $1400.

I now realise why the driver of the bus I took while coming back to Abuja turned to a mad man at lokoja simply because 6hrs later the transfer I did to him has not reflected on his account. He said before we continue our journey to Abuja, I must pay him his money in cash. I was forced to withdraw 20k from POS at 3k charge. He eventually saw the alert by 7pm after we arrived Abuja, and I was given back my cash.

Henceforth, I no see alert for my phone with all the marks from my bank, no deal.

Be warned, some Nigerians can be so daft. I couldn't understand why a grown ass man will be so useless.

The successful scammer usually looks wealthy, handsome and gentle. He can also flow very well. This already puts you off guard

13 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by twilliamx(m): 12:08pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:
So I have been trying to sell off my old watches which I have been advertising here and on jiji. I been able to sell two of the watches and two smartbands, and all the payments were via transfer.

This guy called me yesterday that he saw my ad on jiji and wanted to buy my Galaxy Watch 3 for his son. We bargained 100k. He said he was in the office and would call me once he's done.

After about an hour, he called that he's on his way to Lugbe shoprite in Abuja (I stay around there).

When he got to shoprite, he described he's car, and they were three guys in the car. The guy I have been talking with was sitting at the back. He said I should come inside.

The guy inspected the watch, and confirmed everything was fine. He said he has transferred my money, and then showed me his phone that he has been debited. I wasn't even concerned about the debit alert, I'm very aware of fake alert.

Based on trust, I just told him he could go with the watch while I expect my credit alert (based on network, I dont know if it will take 24hrs or more).

From there I went to get fuel, I stayed 30 minutes at the filling station, no alert. I started calling this thief and he didn't pick.

I have called him over 50 times with my both lines, but the shameless he-goat refused picking my calls, instead he switched off the phone. I realised I have been scammed, I deleted his number so I'm not tempted to call him again. The last thing I want now is distraction. If 100k makes him happy so be it.

I feel very angry because I allowed him go based on trust. I thought I was dealing with a gentle man.

Moreover this month has been very tough for me, Amazon out of the blues closed my associates account for a mistake I made in 2020, and withheld my $1400.

I now realise why the driver of the bus I took while coming back to Abuja turned to a mad man at lokoja simply because 6hrs later the transfer I did to him has not reflected on his account. He said before we continue our journey to Abuja, I must pay him his money in cash. I was forced to withdraw 20k from POS at 3k charge. He eventually saw the alert by 7pm after we arrived Abuja, and I was given back my cash.

Henceforth, I no see alert for my phone with all the marks from my bank, no deal.

Be warned, some Nigerians can be so daft. I couldn't understand why a grown ass man will be so useless.

You for post his number here. You fuckkk up

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

Make sure you vote Obi of labor party. We need a leader people can copy good values from.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Menclothing: 12:09pm On Feb 24, 2023
We run payment on delivery within Lagos and nationwide delivery daily
Jeans 6500
Shirts 4500
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Sidmond: 12:09pm On Feb 24, 2023
Ahmed0336:
100%✓

I don't know why some people behaves this way.
Yesterday my wife bought some groceries and made transfer only to realize the money later reversed.
Now she is on her way back to the shop to pay the man his money.

There's no harm in being good, let the bad ones change their ways.

OP, don't worry, that's some of the sh*t life sometimes throws at us

Your wife is exceptional sir, only few will return, they simply believe it's their luck.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by bigdammyj: 12:09pm On Feb 24, 2023
Reading...
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by DropsMic(m): 12:10pm On Feb 24, 2023
Tokskob2008:
Bank transfers are pretty bad right now because of the cashless policy no doubt but you just trusting a guy you just met online with that kind of cash is so wrong. If he was one of your old customers I would said you did the right thing by trusting him but you don't know the guy from anywhere at all and that was the first time of doing business with him so what's up with that kind of sudden trust

He trusted a complete stranger he met online. I would have understood why he left without first seeing his alert if he had met him in his place of business. Dude is a naive individual. That's all there is to it.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by superCleanworks(m): 12:10pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

He said he has transferred my money, and then showed me his phone that he has been debited. I wasn't even concerned about the debit alert, I'm very aware of fake alert.

you clearly CHOSE to bend over and get fucxed.
so what the hell is your wailing for?

3 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by TradeTime: 12:10pm On Feb 24, 2023
In Summary, You learns not to trust the hard way.

This goes in all aspects of life.

Rule number one trust no one.

Rule number two: remember rule number one.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by brain54(m): 12:11pm On Feb 24, 2023
jared007:
'Cause' and 'effects' controls all events. In the nearest future when this man is killed by a strange sickness, accident or stray bullet we put the blame on enemies.
Life is spiritual you don't need to place a curse on someone before 'cause' and 'effects' is activated.
I believe in this so much…

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Lolachef(f): 12:11pm On Feb 24, 2023
God will replenish you and shame the man.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Positivepoint(m): 12:13pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

If you have digital copy of a chart that indicated the transaction pls don't allow it to go. Report him at the nearest police station

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Curious345: 12:13pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

The truth is that I trust so easily. I didn't get alert when I sold my Watch 7. The alert came in 1hr later.

I learnt my lesson. I'm very certain I can never make this type of foolish mistake again.
drop the guys number .. we can track him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by boldsleek: 12:14pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

Sorry about your loss.

you are just like me, I trust easily and it has made me suffer loss a lot of time or get me into trouble.

I now got married, and, my husband is someone who has trust issues, whenever I want to be mumu in the name of "Trust" he shouts my senses back to me. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by IranianSea: 12:14pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

Well, I will blame you for this mistake made. When you're dealing with a Nigerian, first remove trust from it, well, only if you're not in for business, just wanna do give away. I will never trust anyone not even my old customers. This is what I do in shop, I'm using Opay and it's the fastest mobile money in Nigeria so far, it has never take it a minute before I get credited before, regardless the bank you're sending money to my Opay, regardless how bad or poor that bank network is, you will be credited within seconds. You should have use Opay account to receive urgent money. Once again, don't ever trust or do anything base on trust. No one in Nigeria can be trusted not even a well known pastor.

10 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Neverlosemoney: 12:15pm On Feb 24, 2023
jared007:
'Cause' and 'effects' controls all events. In the nearest future when this man is killed by a strange sickness, accident or stray bullet we put the blame on enemies.
Life is spiritual you don't need to place a curse on someone before 'cause' and 'effects' is activated.
There is no injustice in creation!!! The op, the man who cheated the Op and everyone of us are all bound to the laws of creation. At every point in time, we will all reap the works of our thoughts, words and deeds.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Sholaco: 12:15pm On Feb 24, 2023
Sorry for this bitter experience bro. In Nigeria, please don't trust your business to anybody. So many of him are out there. May God almighty expose them

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by greggng: 12:15pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

I have no sympathy for you . When you are desperate to sell your stuff ..you end up being the victim . I sell cars but over the years I realise only desperate and greedy people enter one chance . Someone called me from South Africa..all arrangement made on how he will buy the car ..The next step for him is to ask me to drive the car down to shop rite ...I agreed ...but when I was going I hired 2 plane cloth police officers to accompany me ...my guess was right ...immediately he started asking me to raise my hand up to Indicate My location .. the officer left the car to position themselves ...he started asking are you alone or you came with someone...I said I came with two of my friends they wanna buy stuff from shop rite ...You can't believe what the person did next ...he switched off the phone till date ...you even made a mistake going alone to visit a stranger .Entering his car could ve marked your end ...some of you are too desperate to sell that you forgot we are in strange times . Yes I paid the police officers but they gave me the needed Confidence .. those Theif could ve snatch my car if I had gone alone .

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by MrigweC(m): 12:15pm On Feb 24, 2023
Can I have his number ??
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by nonhuman(m): 12:16pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:
Funny enough, while we were packed in front of shoprite, an army guy and police man stationed there looked at the car and said you guys look like bad people. The guy at the front said they are not, that they are just trying to close a deal.

That was the first sign, I could remember someone saying these force men are very spiritual and can easily detect evil when they see it. I waved it off with the taught that the force men might be looking for bribe.

There was something off about these guys. They didn't really look like people who could buy that watch. I said you don't judge people wealth by appearance.

The guy should be around 40-45, and he said he wanted to buy the watch for his son. I was wondering why get a watch for a small child. Perhaps, he married very early was my taught.

Anyways, it's past tense.

Because of the recent cash scarcity, transfer and POS is now the order of the day, so you all be very careful.
we are to advise you to be very careful next it's seems you just came in from abroad you don't live in Nigeria, I think you don't have the wisdom to live in Nigeria so is better you go back to Canada, here even your pastor can't be trusted not to talk of a total stranger

8 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by marsup: 12:16pm On Feb 24, 2023
You just can't let your guard down for anything, even your siblings can dupe you, and trust me, it's not just a Nigerian thing.

It hurts when you trust someone, and they betray that trust.
Sorry.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by html14java(f): 12:16pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

He might be genuine initially and might have done the transfer. But once he got a reversal due to network issues, he'll remember how he has was once scammed and will want to try it out.
We all need to be careful.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Isabi4lov: 12:16pm On Feb 24, 2023
Oh my gosh shocked , you shouldn't have given him the watch without seeing any alert , it should be payment before delivery.

You don't go about trusting people especially strangers.

Had it been you've his number and pix , you'll just post it on Rant on Facebook, you'll see your money in no time .

When it comes to money I don't easily trust people especially the ones that looks responsible, they might just be corporate scammers in disguise.

Sorry for that and again it might not be ordinary.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by successman100: 12:17pm On Feb 24, 2023
Sorry, God hate waste. God does not waste His money on foolishness. Especially Foolish actions like this one.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Sholaco: 12:17pm On Feb 24, 2023
Sorry for your bitter experience bro. There are many of his type out there whom you think are responsible. But the reverse is the case. May God almighty expose them.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:19pm On Feb 24, 2023
Madridstar:
Funny. But sorry. In 9ja we stay sharp. Even boti no gree again say him be boti.
SHARPNESS IS NOT ABOUT STEALING FROM OTHERS BY TRICKS.IT WONT LAST AND LAST LAST YOU FACE THE PAINFUL CONSEQUENCES angryso don't try to glamorize evil,that what vote buying does too ,yu are killing a nation by selling votes to evil leadership that suffers citizens later angrywear good character always.OYIBO PEOPLE THRIVE ON TRUST AS A MEDIUM OF EXCHANGE,not on cash or religious bias,THAT IS WHY THEIRS NATIONS DO WELL FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Idoko619(m): 12:20pm On Feb 24, 2023
Tokskob2008:
Bank transfers are pretty bad right now because of the cashless policy no doubt but you just trusting a guy you just met online with that kind of cash is so wrong. If he was one of your old customers I would said you did the right thing by trusting him but you don't know the guy from anywhere at all and that was the first time of doing business with him so what's up with that kind of sudden trust

He didn't do bad, you're sounding based on the kind of society we find ourselves.
May God heal this land.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Arrest Ritualist With Corpse Of Baby In Ogun (pic) / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Doka Avong, Kaduna, Kill 6 People, Many Declared Missing / Oluwaseyi Ishmael: Decomposing Corpse Found Inside Magodo Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.