Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,835,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday (35200 Views)

White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / Got Scammed, 100k Discovered He's A Nigerian / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by alexoni38: 1:05pm On Feb 24, 2023
Which one is lucrative you wanted to join.

It's not rocket science,

1. Find a product on Amazon with low competition.
2. Do keyword research to find answers to questions surrounding that product.
3. Create your website
4. Write seo optimized articles
5. Try creating backlinks to your posts.
6. Google will pick it up and rank them.
7. Once you have traffic, apply for Amazon associates and earn. Note Amazon are very strict, you could be banned for knowingly or unknowingly breaking any of their rules.

I'm moving away from Amazon already, its not so lucrative unless you have a very huge site.[/quote]
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by DenreleDave(m): 1:06pm On Feb 24, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Pauladex:
I did the same thing you did 3 days ago but mine was 90k. I told the buyer to poss for a picture which I took twice. I have not seen the alert till now and I might edit the picture to include obituary if I don't see my money.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 24, 2023
OPAY wallet us swift.I can bet you there have not been any complaint about opay transfer delay.Except it is from the receiver's bank.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Emmy000seun(m): 1:14pm On Feb 24, 2023
Don't blame this gentleman, most of the time even someone that you have not met before, you might just have some kind of confidence and that doesn't mean total trust, but the person has betray the trust and confidence you had in him..and one thing is certain, all people like that will surely meet something bigger than them, but most time we don't hear from them again and we believe things will be fine with them.. even the bible attest to it that it shall never be well with the wicked.. so Op God sees your mind and shall multiply you in hundred fold.. don't let that detare you, someone I don't know or meet in my life has entrust me with property worth 3 million..so blaming you because of that is out of point, becauseif you trust someone you don't know on little thing, someone will trust you with something bigger too... we shall remain bless all.. [color=#000099][/color]
Wealthyonos:

The only only unwise person I see in this story is you..

You're talking about trust in the Nigeria of today as if you're new in this life. Read this your story to a 15yrs old and get a judgement for it. Sorry for your loss, unfortunately, you will still repeat the mistake another time BASE ON TRUST

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by PStacks(m): 1:14pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:
So I have been trying to sell off my old watches which I have been advertising here and on jiji. I been able to sell two of the watches and two smartbands, and all the payments were via transfer.

This guy called me yesterday that he saw my ad on jiji and wanted to buy my Galaxy Watch 3 for his son. We bargained 100k. He said he was in the office and would call me once he's done.

After about an hour, he called that he's on his way to Lugbe shoprite in Abuja (I stay around there).

When he got to shoprite, he described he's car, and they were three guys in the car. The guy I have been talking with was sitting at the back. He said I should come inside.

The guy inspected the watch, and confirmed everything was fine. He said he has transferred my money, and then showed me his phone that he has been debited. I wasn't even concerned about the debit alert, I'm very aware of fake alert.

Based on trust, I just told him he could go with the watch while I expect my credit alert (based on network, I dont know if it will take 24hrs or more).

He told me thank you and left, and that was the end.

From there I went to get fuel, I stayed 30 minutes at the filling station, no alert. I started calling this thief and he didn't pick.

I have called him over 50 times with my both lines, but the shameless he-goat refused picking my calls, instead he switched off the phone. I realised I have been scammed, I deleted his number so I'm not tempted to call him again. The last thing I want now is distraction. If 100k makes him happy so be it.

I feel very angry because I allowed him go based on trust. I thought I was dealing with a gentle man.

Moreover this month has been very tough for me, Amazon out of the blues closed my associates account for a mistake I made in 2020, and withheld my $1400.

I now realise why the driver of the bus I took while coming back to Abuja turned to a mad man at lokoja simply because 6hrs later the transfer I did to him has not reflected on his account. He said before we continue our journey to Abuja, I must pay him his money in cash. I was forced to withdraw 20k from POS at 3k charge. He eventually saw the alert by 7pm after we arrived Abuja, and I was given back my cash.

Henceforth, I no see alert for my phone with all the marks from my bank, no deal.

Be warned, some Nigerians can be so daft. I couldn't understand why a grown ass man will be so useless.

You can see this is not a leadership problem.

Even Peter Obi can not solve this type of Human Problem..

This is pure character deficiency..

Someone deals with you based on Trust and you Betray Trust and we Worship God in this Country..

So many Churches more than the Churches in Israel and Jerusalem put together..

So many Mosques more than all the Mosques in the Arab world but we live with So much Hate for Ourselves and mutual Distrust and live on how to cheat the very Next Man..

Our Leaders are not Our Problems.. we are the Problems of Ourselves.

It's so sad and such a pity you Trust someone and the person turns to be untrustworthy.. You aren't a fool for trusting. The one that Betrayed Trust is the Fool and Karma Never missed such Addresses.

Next Time. Trust No Man. Not even a Nigerian

3 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by TheboyGhost(m): 1:19pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

I didn't see it as risk. It was 3.3pm and we were right in front of shoprite with lots of people around including security officials.

You could be drugged easily and whisked away with zero Evidence or clues of you whereabout...

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Teeroyzimma: 1:19pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:
So I have been trying to sell off my old watches which I have been advertising here and on jiji. I been able to sell two of the watches and two smartbands, and all the payments were via transfer.

This guy called me yesterday that he saw my ad on jiji and wanted to buy my Galaxy Watch 3 for his son. We bargained 100k. He said he was in the office and would call me once he's done.

After about an hour, he called that he's on his way to Lugbe shoprite in Abuja (I stay around there).

When he got to shoprite, he described he's car, and they were three guys in the car. The guy I have been talking with was sitting at the back. He said I should come inside.

The guy inspected the watch, and confirmed everything was fine. He said he has transferred my money, and then showed me his phone that he has been debited. I wasn't even concerned about the debit alert, I'm very aware of fake alert.

Based on trust, I just told him he could go with the watch while I expect my credit alert (based on network, I dont know if it will take 24hrs or more).

From there I went to get fuel, I stayed 30 minutes at the filling station, no alert. I started calling this thief and he didn't pick.

I have called him over 50 times with my both lines, but the shameless he-goat refused picking my calls, instead he switched off the phone. I realised I have been scammed, I deleted his number so I'm not tempted to call him again. The last thing I want now is distraction. If 100k makes him happy so be it.

I feel very angry because I allowed him go based on trust. I thought I was dealing with a gentle man.

Moreover this month has been very tough for me, Amazon out of the blues closed my associates account for a mistake I made in 2020, and withheld my $1400.

I now realise why the driver of the bus I took while coming back to Abuja turned to a mad man at lokoja simply because 6hrs later the transfer I did to him has not reflected on his account. He said before we continue our journey to Abuja, I must pay him his money in cash. I was forced to withdraw 20k from POS at 3k charge. He eventually saw the alert by 7pm after we arrived Abuja, and I was given back my cash.

Henceforth, I no see alert for my phone with all the marks from my bank, no deal.

Be warned, some Nigerians can be so daft. I couldn't understand why a grown ass man will be so useless.

Don't trust Nigerians even if they're your family member

I repeat don't trust Nigerians even if they're your family member

60% of Nigerians are corrupt

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Efe42(m): 1:22pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

It's not rocket science,

3. Create your website
7. Once you have traffic, apply for Amazon associates and earn. Note Amazon are very strict, you could be banned for knowingly or unknowingly breaking any of their rules.

I'm moving away from Amazon already, its not so lucrative unless you have a very huge site.

Please boss teach me I'm interested I don't know how to make money from the internet.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Elsueno: 1:33pm On Feb 24, 2023
Sorry skultrick, this a very common modus operandi use by fake alert scammers, they usually come in 2- 3 persons, sometimes in fine ride while other times in hired commercial vehicles like napep..

Those in fine ride usually look presentable & trustworthy

Those in commercial hired vehicles also look similar but they would pretend to have a some serious engagement.

NEVER EVER GIVE ANY SOUL GOODS WITHOUT SEEING ALERT OR CONFIRMING UR ACCOUNT BALANCE PLS...unless u personally know d person & where to find them

4 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Agonglo17: 1:34pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

You dropped the ball na...the first rule of survival in this country is to trust no one.

We all remember how most of us trusted Buhari in 2015 and look at how he totally vandalized and plundered the country out of pure malice

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by davidtemi(m): 1:38pm On Feb 24, 2023

U mumu sha o
Walahi o gor gan

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Emmanuel30a: 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2023
Wealthyonos:

The only only unwise person I see in this story is you..

You're talking about trust in the Nigeria of today as if you're new in this life. Read this your story to a 15yrs old and get a judgement for it. Sorry for your loss, unfortunately, you will still repeat the mistake another time BASE ON TRUST
Though, THE BIBLE SAYS: "LET YOUR YES BE YES AND NO BE NO"... not I don't know or I should have known... Not "I don't know but, I should have known..." So, who are The Christians...? Hence, destruction/"obstruction"/obliteration/perdition,etc; are for a man or to a man; whose trust is in a/the/his fellow human being... Or who put trust in human being...
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by CrEaToRmalden(m): 1:39pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

Quite sad bro. I do hope you recoup the loss in multiple folds. It's hard to trust Nigerians in the present economy. You did nothing wrong for trusting but you were wronged for trusting.

Also, kindly share your Amazon Associates mistake. I'm open to learning. Thank you
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Emmanuel30a: 1:42pm On Feb 24, 2023
PStacks:

You can see this is not a leadership problem.

Even Peter Obi can not solve this type of Human Problem..

This is pure character deficiency..

Someone deals with you based on Trust and you Betray Trust and we Worship God in this Country..

So many Churches more than the Churches in Israel and Jerusalem put together..

So many Mosques more than all the Mosques in the Arab world but we live with So much Hate for Ourselves and mutual Distrust and live on how to cheat the very Next Man..

Our Leaders are not Our Problems.. we are the Problems of Ourselves.

It's so sad and such a pity you Trust someone and the person turns to be untrustworthy.. You aren't a fool for trusting. The one that Betrayed Trust is the Fool and Karma Never missed such Addresses.

Next Time. Trust No Man. Not even a Nigerian
You all join, are the problems...
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:
Funny enough, while we were packed in front of shoprite, an army guy and police man stationed there looked at the car and said you guys look like bad people. The guy at the front said they are not, that they are just trying to close a deal.

That was the first sign, I could remember someone saying these force men are very spiritual and can easily detect evil when they see it. I waved it off with the taught that the force men might be looking for bribe.

There was something off about these guys. They didn't really look like people who could buy that watch. I said you don't judge people wealth by appearance.

The guy should be around 40-45, and he said he wanted to buy the watch for his son. I was wondering why get a watch for a small child. Perhaps, he married very early was my taught.

Anyways, it's past tense.

Because of the recent cash scarcity, transfer and POS is now the order of the day, so you all be very careful.

Uniform people don’t use spiritual means to know if someone is up to no good

They are trained to detect bullshit from a far

7 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by koladebrainiac(m): 2:00pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:
Funny enough, while we were packed in front of shoprite, an army guy and police man stationed there looked at the car and said you guys look like bad people. The guy at the front said they are not, that they are just trying to close a deal.

That was the first sign, I could remember someone saying these force men are very spiritual and can easily detect evil when they see it. I waved it off with the taught that the force men might be looking for bribe.

There was something off about these guys. They didn't really look like people who could buy that watch. I said you don't judge people wealth by appearance.

The guy should be around 40-45, and he said he wanted to buy the watch for his son. I was wondering why get a watch for a small child. Perhaps, he married very early was my teaching. the thing is they might have hurt you if you suspect them

Because of the recent cash scarcity, transfer, and POS is now the order of the day, so you all be very careful.

the thing is your mind has told you, it's just your heart that denied it. if you had asked yourself the question, you won't have made such mistake.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by cyberghost23: 2:01pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

sorry about that.. you should have waited for your alert before anything else, this is not new... Even the debit can be faked.. or login your bank app for confirmation, those alerts can be faked.. Dem no dey dull o.. sorry for everything
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by ShaqFu: 2:02pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

how can you trust someone you've never met before?

You should have confirmed the alert first by text message, then by your bank mobile app, and then by ussd code and also by email before handing him the watch.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Juleeee: 2:05pm On Feb 24, 2023
jared007:
'Cause' and 'effects' controls all events. In the nearest future when this man is killed by a strange sickness, accident or stray bullet we put the blame on enemies.
Life is spiritual you don't need to place a curse on someone before 'cause' and 'effects' is activated.

This why I don't really believe bad thing happened to good people for no reason,
Their not that good, you don't know them, that is why some people think their good people.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Minjim: 2:16pm On Feb 24, 2023
[quote author=Madridstar post=121183014]Funny. But sorry. In 9ja we stay sharp. Even boti no gree again say him be boti.[/quote

This is the situation we are in and Emefiele and a Buhari wants all buying and selling to be online
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Juleeee: 2:16pm On Feb 24, 2023
FuckYourFather:
Mugu must fall for guyman to chop, a fool will always learn a lesson.

you won't be the first neither will you be the last.
imagine you even entered their car to show them the watch, if I was the man i would just zoom off collect ya watch also collect your banking details and your phone.
Thereby gaining 3 instead of one.

What is this?
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by optm(m): 2:17pm On Feb 24, 2023
One lesson you should learn is to never give trust freely: It is earned. You shouldn't trust just anybody unless they have earned it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

If you were to be my younger brother or a friend, I would have slapped the hell out of you. You didn't see any alert or any notification of money dropped in your account and you went ahead to dash the buyer. Na wa ooo. Your shame is even shaming me. You need prayer ooo

You want me to say sorry right? I won't.
Now, you've learned your lesson the hard way..

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

The guy should be around 40-45, and he said he wanted to buy the watch for his son. I was wondering why get a watch for a small child. Perhaps, he married very early was my taught.

Because of the recent cash scarcity, transfer and POS is now the order of the day, so you all be very careful.

Now, bring your face. I want to slap it grin
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Starboytwo(m): 2:24pm On Feb 24, 2023
I don’t even care about the watch

You enter car heh, you strong ooo. You even see 2 guys for front, you still enter. Bro, abeg no do like that again ooo Biko.

Enter car keh, if you cannot buy another person will.

Sorry for your loss

2 Likes

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by odimbannamdi(m): 2:25pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

Regarding the emboldened;You are even about to make another mistake that could get you scammed again.

With insiders from your bank, they can send you a perfectly scripted fake alert showing all the relevant information an alert should contain.

The best way is to log into your mobile or internet banking app and see the money in your acct before you confirm. This is the way proven to work - at least for now.

My sincere empathies on yout loss, bro
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Soukiss(m): 2:26pm On Feb 24, 2023
jared007:
'Cause' and 'effects' controls all events. In the nearest future when this man is killed by a strange sickness, accident or stray bullet we put the blame on enemies.
Life is spiritual you don't need to place a curse on someone before 'cause' and 'effects' is activated.
karma.i believe in karma

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by phemmyfour: 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

Mugun don pay

Who do biz based on trust in Nigeria?

Rule of doing biz in Nigeria: Trust nobody (Everyone is suspect)

2. Verify ALL claims (Don't be deceived by packing, age or status)

3. Never forget no 1&2

and they were three guys in the car. The guy I have been talking with was sitting at the back. He said I should come inside

NB: Never in your life do transaction in the car of a stranger. Always use an open place. You didn't get hurt cos you fell for their method.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Dshocker(m): 2:42pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

Braa you should have known better naaaaa, Nigerians are dubious in nature.

Our wickedness na follow come.

If Jesus was from Nigeria, omo nothing wey i read for bible wey i go believe.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 24, 2023
Sorry for your loss, but you should have confirmed the money hit your account before letting them go, a debit alert is not enough.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Dshocker(m): 2:44pm On Feb 24, 2023
numtums:
Na man dey do man... May God replenish the loss in multiple folds.

Oga God dey for heaven dey burst laugh for the matter, so nothing concern Baba God.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by adaperry25: 2:45pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

It's not rocket science,

3. Create your website

I'm moving away from Amazon already, its not so lucrative unless you have a very huge site.
How do you get backlinks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian lady narrates how she gave up her virginity after forced virginity test / Nigerian Man Says He Can Use His Parents For Money Ritual (Video) / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Farmers In Ebonyi, Cut Off Man's Hand (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 535
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.