Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday (35204 Views)

White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Eastcoastboy(m): 2:55pm On Feb 24, 2023
If any transfer does not reflect on either your bank app or his.

Then you shouldn't seal any deal yet.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Softmirror: 3:01pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

Be warned, some Nigerians can be so daft.
I couldn't understand why a grown ass man will be so useless.
undecided
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Alcoron: 3:05pm On Feb 24, 2023
It's painful to be scammed, your experience you shared will teach other people a lesson.
It's always good to share scam experience.

It is very wrong to close a deal without confirming your credit alert in your app first.

This painful experience will make you lose some trust in people, because frankly, the Nigerian society isn't trustworthy, just look at POS agents.

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Abdulramana3(m): 3:06pm On Feb 24, 2023
Let me give u a simple solution, go and report the guy to police and drop his number, his line is likely link with his NIN number. Easy to trace

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Lucymercy: 3:10pm On Feb 24, 2023
[color=#006600][/color] of
FuckYourFather:
Mugu must fall for guyman to chop, a fool will always learn a lesson.

you won't be the first neither will you be the last.
imagine you even entered their car to show them the watch, if I was the man i would just zoom off collect ya watch also collect your banking details and your phone.
Thereby gaining 3 instead of one.
😀😀😀 you really dey mad
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Lucymercy: 3:13pm On Feb 24, 2023
[color=#006600][/color]
Mercury12:

That is stealing. The pos agent go dey carry gun undecided
or juju
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by FromZeroToHero(m): 3:16pm On Feb 24, 2023
This is terrible. Sorry for the loss bro.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by sylfad(m): 3:18pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:
So I have been trying to sell off my old watches which I have been advertising here and on jiji. I been able to sell two of the watches and two smartbands, and all the payments were via transfer.

This guy called me yesterday that he saw my ad on jiji and wanted to buy my Galaxy Watch 3 for his son. We bargained 100k. He said he was in the office and would call me once he's done.

After about an hour, he called that he's on his way to Lugbe shoprite in Abuja (I stay around there).

When he got to shoprite, he described he's car, and they were three guys in the car. The guy I have been talking with was sitting at the back. He said I should come inside.

The guy inspected the watch, and confirmed everything was fine. He said he has transferred my money, and then showed me his phone that he has been debited. I wasn't even concerned about the debit alert, I'm very aware of fake alert.

Based on trust, I just told him he could go with the watch while I expect my credit alert (based on network, I dont know if it will take 24hrs or more).

He told me thank you and left, and that was the end.

From there I went to get fuel, I stayed 30 minutes at the filling station, no alert. I started calling this thief and he didn't pick.

I have called him over 50 times with my both lines, but the shameless he-goat refused picking my calls, instead he switched off the phone. I realised I have been scammed, I deleted his number so I'm not tempted to call him again. The last thing I want now is distraction. If 100k makes him happy so be it.

I feel very angry because I allowed him go based on trust. I thought I was dealing with a gentle man.

Moreover this month has been very tough for me, Amazon out of the blues closed my associates account for a mistake I made in 2020, and withheld my $1400.

I now realise why the driver of the bus I took while coming back to Abuja turned to a mad man at lokoja simply because 6hrs later the transfer I did to him has not reflected on his account. He said before we continue our journey to Abuja, I must pay him his money in cash. I was forced to withdraw 20k from POS at 3k charge. He eventually saw the alert by 7pm after we arrived Abuja, and I was given back my cash.

Henceforth, I no see alert for my phone with all the marks from my bank, no deal.

Be warned, some Nigerians can be so daft. I couldn't understand why a grown ass man will be so useless.

Sorry about your loss.

It is people who are trustworthy who often expect others to be reliable.

Asking the person who has made a transfer to see their on-line transactions in real time is an approach that can by-pass fake debit alerts.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Pootle: 3:20pm On Feb 24, 2023
this country dont trust anyone....lean 50k old note wey my wife deposit for me i wait alert 2days i ask her like 4times 'my queen hope you have transferred the money' things hard na o
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by RedPilChurchBoy: 3:21pm On Feb 24, 2023
You're a fọọl.

You should have confirmed the credit with your bank App before releasing the watch.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by bigiyaro(m): 3:25pm On Feb 24, 2023
Never you trust any human born of a woman when it comes to money and sex. Meanwhile follow the steps below to get your money back and at the same time help other potential victims. Bad people are emboldened when they always get away with their crimes.

1 Share

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by numtums(m): 3:30pm On Feb 24, 2023
Dshocker:

Oga God dey for heaven dey burst laugh for the matter, so nothing concern Baba God.
Yeah you're right
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by poweredcom(m): 3:40pm On Feb 24, 2023
Mugu fall guyman wack

Op you be heavy mugu so for dis naija , someone send u transfer and u no see alert you ley am go

Omo ....e be like say dose guys de use jazz on you
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by gucci20(m): 3:43pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:
So I have been trying to sell off my old watches which I have been advertising here and on jiji. I been able to sell two of the watches and two smartbands, and all the payments were via transfer.

This guy called me yesterday that he saw my ad on jiji and wanted to buy my Galaxy Watch 3 for his son. We bargained 100k. He said he was in the office and would call me once he's done.

After about an hour, he called that he's on his way to Lugbe shoprite in Abuja (I stay around there).

When he got to shoprite, he described he's car, and they were three guys in the car. The guy I have been talking with was sitting at the back. He said I should come inside.

The guy inspected the watch, and confirmed everything was fine. He said he has transferred my money, and then showed me his phone that he has been debited. I wasn't even concerned about the debit alert, I'm very aware of fake alert.

Based on trust, I just told him he could go with the watch while I expect my credit alert (based on network, I dont know if it will take 24hrs or more).

From there I went to get fuel, I stayed 30 minutes at the filling station, no alert. I started calling this thief and he didn't pick.

I have called him over 50 times with my both lines, but the shameless he-goat refused picking my calls, instead he switched off the phone. I realised I have been scammed, I deleted his number so I'm not tempted to call him again. The last thing I want now is distraction. If 100k makes him happy so be it.

I feel very angry because I allowed him go based on trust. I thought I was dealing with a gentle man.

Moreover this month has been very tough for me, Amazon out of the blues closed my associates account for a mistake I made in 2020, and withheld my $1400.

I now realise why the driver of the bus I took while coming back to Abuja turned to a mad man at lokoja simply because 6hrs later the transfer I did to him has not reflected on his account. He said before we continue our journey to Abuja, I must pay him his money in cash. I was forced to withdraw 20k from POS at 3k charge. He eventually saw the alert by 7pm after we arrived Abuja, and I was given back my cash.

Henceforth, I no see alert for my phone with all the marks from my bank, no deal.

Be warned, some Nigerians can be so daft. I couldn't understand why a grown ass man will be so useless.

So sorry about that man...What are the things you sell? And what's your Jiji account name??
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by imagrg(m): 3:43pm On Feb 24, 2023
Trust no one in this hard times. Not even your girlfriend.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Rinoxy: 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2023
LogicBomb8:
Wait You got N20K at N3k?
wow where i stay it is N5k for N10k cash
btw sorry for your loss, too bad
You mean 500hundred for every 1k?
That's demonic.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by newnigerdelta00: 3:52pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

My brother nor vex,take it that you sow a seed to him to carry all your troubles in life,learn how not to trust nobody,not even your self not even peter obi, trust no man but Only JAH....
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by sync(f): 4:03pm On Feb 24, 2023
Sorry for your loss. May God restore all you have lost in ways you can’t even imagine
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by pek(m): 4:13pm On Feb 24, 2023
Experience is the best teacher. Next time, don't trust who you don't know
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Sassyboy37(m): 4:14pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

can you please describe how the Guy look like because your story look exactly like my own the only different there is that mine was happen here in Lagos . It was the same jiji that I got scammed of fake transfer of 65k .I sold a Samsung A12 to this guy but was fake transfer
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Blazadenise(m): 4:28pm On Feb 24, 2023
You see anything that is related to money/deals you don't rush into it.. You could have just kindly ask the person you dealing with to come out of the car, so you can talk things out, that way you will be more relax and comfortable outside there car.. You don't enter people's car to make deals when you don't really know then in person. They can easily point Gun at you and boom you kidnap.. Always by yourself look for an open place where you prefer buyer to meet you up for a deal. That way you more safe and comfortable to check your bank app for your money..
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by saintnegroid(m): 4:32pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

I would have collected him that 3k charge from pos
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Remmedy(m): 4:32pm On Feb 24, 2023
IranianSea:

Well, I will blame you for this mistake made. When you're dealing with a Nigerian, first remove trust from it, well, only if you're not in for business, just wanna do give away. I will never trust anyone not even my old customers. This is what I do in shop, I'm using Opay and it's the fastest mobile money in Nigeria so far, it has never take it a minute before I get credited before, regardless the bank you're sending money to my Opay, regardless how bad or poor that bank network is, you will be credited within seconds. You should have use Opay account to receive urgent money. Once again, don't ever trust or do anything base on trust. No one in Nigeria can be trusted not even a well known pastor.

Can opay be used for transactions of 4m above and how many times a day ??

1 Like

Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by IranianSea: 4:37pm On Feb 24, 2023
Remmedy:

Can opay be used for transactions of 4m above and how many times a day ??
Unlimited ( receive), 5 million ( send) for free but if you wanna do more, then you need upgrade to merchant.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Kasiyya(m): 4:38pm On Feb 24, 2023
Sassyboy37:
can you please describe how the Guy look like because your story look exactly like my own the only different there is that mine was happen here in Lagos . It was the same jiji that I got scammed of fake transfer of 65k .I sold a Samsung A12 to this guy but was fake transfer
the thing is that we should always confirm credit alert or payment before releasing goods to the buyer . This transaction due reverse back after been successful
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by Magicdon(m): 4:46pm On Feb 24, 2023
Onyinyechiugly1:
Thats the reason why many people have trust issues.

I have been dumped too, by closeby friends.....but I can't help but still trust them anyway.

There are things I trust in the hands of strangers, even things concerning my life......like traveling at the dead of the night with total strangers. Sometimes in vehicles with only men looking somehow.

I leave my phones with strangers, hoping that they will return it to me.

Sometimes I have taken risk like the one u did, several times. It's worrisome, but one thing I believe is that, so long as ur hand is clean and u don't engage in duping others, posterity will bring people that will treat u that same way.

Most times I commit it to God. Just a small short prayer like "oh God, my phone is in your hand. May it not be stolen" " God please don't let me meet wicked people.....or let this people not be unkind to me" etc.

And most times I make such prayer, I hardly lose anything.

Psycho
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by LogicBomb8: 4:47pm On Feb 24, 2023
Rinoxy:
You mean 500hundred for every 1k? That's demonic.
I pray it all ends after the election bro
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by chiboycue: 4:53pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

Sorry. It is so unfortunate. The guy would be feeling like a super star for successfully scamming you but nemesis will catch up with him.
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by uvie66: 5:01pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

you self how can you trust someone you don't know
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by emenezer(m): 5:01pm On Feb 24, 2023
You said you didn't bother because, you could identify fake alert.. So why didn't you identy the alert he showed you? quote author=skultrick post=121182762]So I have been trying to sell off my old watches which I have been advertising here and on jiji. I been able to sell two of the watches and two smartbands, and all the payments were via transfer.

Be warned, some Nigerians can be so daft. I couldn't understand why a grown ass man will be so useless.[/quote]
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by cybriz82(m): 5:03pm On Feb 24, 2023
skultrick:

I didn't see it as risk. It was 3.3pm and we were right in front of shoprite with lots of people around including security officials.

Funny u u say u no see any risk...what if them knack u something nko n u doze 📴...
Re: I Was Scammed 100k Yesterday by frankyfranky(m): 5:07pm On Feb 24, 2023
Hard luck....
If u are an online vendor, u just have to be careful.
Biko, I will to know more about that Amazon stuff.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Farmers In Ebonyi, Cut Off Man's Hand (Graphic Pics) / Armed Robber Caught And Tied With Rope By Vigilante In Rivers State(photos) / Justice For Deborah: Help Sign The Petition On Change.org Now (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.