Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Rivers Police Confirm Arrest Of Chinyere Igwe For Vote-Buying (Photos) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Police Confirm Arrest Of Chinyere Igwe For Vote-Buying (Photos) (54238 Views)

EFCC Operatives Storm Osun To Curb Vote Buying - (Photos) / EFCC In Benue Intercept Bags Of Cash Meant For Vote-buying - Photos / Osun Rerun: White Handkerchief As A Sign Of Vote Buying (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Police Confirm Arrest Of Chinyere Igwe For Vote-Buying (Photos) by seguno2: 4:45am On Feb 25, 2023
pissreligiion:
Wike fast to act on this but shielding APC while distributing his own cash to 200k polling unit advisers.

How are we even sure that Wike did not arrange this, being the drama king that he is
Re: Rivers Police Confirm Arrest Of Chinyere Igwe For Vote-Buying (Photos) by seguno2: 4:46am On Feb 25, 2023
YoungLionken:
Wike would rather die than to see Atiku do nonsense in the Rivers cool!!!

Is this why Wike himself is doing the nonsense of framing Atiku with this nonsense

2023: PDP and politics of healing Wike’s self-inflicted injury

Then, the race began in earnest for three years now, reaching a frenzy with the works of the two PDP committees on zoning. The first was the Gov Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi committee on the zoning of the PDP party offices. The Ugwuanyi committee quickly told the world the committee’s assignment did not cover zoning the office of the president. Though this was true, the question is: why didn’t the Ugwuanyi committee zone the PDP chairmanship to the North without aligning it to the divide that would produce the PDP presidential flag-bearer? The second committee headed by Gov Samuel Ortom of Benue state was specifically on the zoning of the presidential ticket and, with the votes of the representatives of all the 17 Southern states without any exception, the Committee unanimously recommended throwing open the PDP presidential ticket, which the PDP NEC simply upheld.

One thing irrefutably stands out – Wike shot himself in the leg. Here was a man who had an overarching influence on both committees but could not insist that the ticket be zoned South. Many had wondered why? The reason is also relatively in plain sight: the Southeast factor. As the clamour for zoning of the presidential ticket of the PDP to South reached its crescendo, many had pointed out the fact that though the PDP Constitution had prescribed zoning of the office of the president to be between North and South since the South-west and South-south had taken their turns in producing the president and the vice in this current dispensation in the persons of Olusegun Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan, zoning this time around, should not just be to the South but the Southeast.

Atiku Abubakar went a step further by offering to step down from the race if it would be agreed that the touted zoning to the South would mean micro-zoning to the Southeast. Wike and the rest could not take the Atiku challenge maybe because Atiku would likely back Peter Obi, who was his vice-presidential running mate in 2019 and an ally. The prospects of Peter Obi picking the ticket if PDP zoned South was so real compelling Wike to go for an open contest, believing he could pick it up ahead of Atiku, Tambuwal and Bala Mohammed, given his large war chest.

https://www.thecable.ng/2023-pdp-and-politics-of-healing-wikes-self-inflicted-injury/amp
Re: Rivers Police Confirm Arrest Of Chinyere Igwe For Vote-Buying (Photos) by seguno2: 4:50am On Feb 25, 2023
jlinkd78:
If after this confirmation by d Nigerian Police and u have not yet made up your mind to be part of history by voting Obi then u are d real mugu

Vote Peter Obi to loot our commonwealth into Panama away from the taxman?

Why should we be so stupid

PANDORA PAPERS: Inside Peter Obi’s secret businesses — and how he broke the law

Peter Obi serially violated the law by failing to declare to the Code of Conduct Bureau the companies and assets he tucked away in secrecy havens.

October 4, 2021

The former governor admitted that he did not declare these companies and the funds and properties they hold in his asset declaration filings with the Code of Conduct Bureau, the Nigerian government agency that deals with the issues of corruption, conflict of interest, and abuse of office by public servants.

He said he was unaware that the law expected him to declare assets or companies he jointly owns with his family members or anyone else.
Breaking the law: Number 2
Nigerian public officers are required to declare “immediately after taking office and thereafter all” their properties, assets, and liabilities and those of his (or her) unmarried children under the age of eighteen years,” Nigeria’s 1999 Constitution stipulates (Section 11, Part of the Fifth Schedule).

PREMIUM TIMES investigation also found that Mr Obi breached this constitutional provision on assets declaration. We can authoritatively report that Mr Obi did not declare to the Code of Conduct Bureau the companies he tucked away in offshore secrecy havens.

Mr Obi caused to be created for him a structure of secrecy that had previously, until the Pandora Papers investigation, meant he could continue to hold foreign assets in a way that breaches Nigeria’s law without the knowledge of authorities in the country. In an extra layer of secrecy, Mr Obi used paid nominees as directors, while he remains the ultimate beneficial owner, making it nearly impossible to discover his interests in those companies but we obtained rare incorporation documents proving his link.

Otherwise, Mr Obi could have forever hoped to continue to hold the assets, that he did not declare when he had a statutory obligation to do so as a governor, without any authority or the public calling him to account.

In his response, Mr Obi ridiculously suggested that those offshore companies and assets are jointly owned with his family members and that he was not under obligation to declare companies jointly owned. “I don’t declare what is owned with others,” Mr Obi told PREMIUM TIMES. “If my family owns something I won’t declare it. I didn’t declare anything I jointly owed with anyone.”

This is contrary to the position of the Constitution, which specifies the declaration of all assets, whether jointly or partly owned, PREMIUM TIMES’ reporters told Mr Obi. He said he was not aware of that provision of the law.

Nevertheless, leaked records show Mr Obi is the sole ultimate beneficial owner of the offshore companies. So he did not even jointly own it with anyone.

For more: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/487997-pandora-papers-inside-peter-obis-secret-businesses-and-how-he-broke-the-law.html?tztc=1
Re: Rivers Police Confirm Arrest Of Chinyere Igwe For Vote-Buying (Photos) by adekolaelect(m): 5:59am On Feb 25, 2023
Coolsperm:
Tinubu introduced money politics to Nigeria, Tinubu stole money Tru bullion van during last election
Tinubu mater Don comot your sense . Where was Tinubu when Obasanjo and Atiku was the president?
Re: Rivers Police Confirm Arrest Of Chinyere Igwe For Vote-Buying (Photos) by Goodlady(f): 6:38am On Feb 25, 2023
seguno2:

Why can’t you share the details of where you read your fake news about Atiku’s involvement, rather than Wike’s setup
1. https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/583819-police-arrest-atikus-ally-with-498100-day-before-election.html

2. https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-atikus-campaigner-arrested-with-500-000-in-rivers/

3. https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-polls-rivers-rep-member-arrested-with-foreign-currency/%3famp

Above are news sotes where I read my genuine news about Atiku yesterday. He's a crook.
For you to support atiku's election shows you are mean to Nigeria. Evil ll not triumph over good. Atiku ti lule!
This one come small o, the Achimogu confession is there, SPV saga and lots more. Or you want me to post links of those ones too?
Re: Rivers Police Confirm Arrest Of Chinyere Igwe For Vote-Buying (Photos) by seguno2: 6:42am On Feb 25, 2023
Goodlady:

1. https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/583819-police-arrest-atikus-ally-with-498100-day-before-election.html

2. https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-atikus-campaigner-arrested-with-500-000-in-rivers/

3. https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-polls-rivers-rep-member-arrested-with-foreign-currency/%3famp

Above are news sotes where I read my genuine news about Atiku yesterday. He's a crook.
For you to support atiku's election shows you are mean to Nigeria. Evil ll not triumph over good. Atiku ti lule!
This one come small o, the Achimogu confession is there, SPV saga and lots more. Or you want me to post links of those ones too?

Many thanks for sharing the links. Greatly appreciated.

However I am not ruling out setup by Wike, in his desperate attempt to scuttle Atiku’s victory that is appointed by God for this time.
Re: Rivers Police Confirm Arrest Of Chinyere Igwe For Vote-Buying (Photos) by seguno2: 6:44am On Feb 25, 2023
Goodlady:

Was he a crook before 2007, when Tinubu said that he was the best candidate on the AC platform?

Or he was a crook before 2019, when Obi said the same thing in PDP?
Re: Rivers Police Confirm Arrest Of Chinyere Igwe For Vote-Buying (Photos) by Goodlady(f): 6:54am On Feb 25, 2023
seguno2:

Was he a crook before 2007, when Tinubu said that he was the best candidate on the AC platform?

Or he was a crook before 2019, when Obi said the same thing in PDP?
You are here packaging a damaged product. Someone that's stealing right back from custom service days. Abeg accept your loss in good fate. Atiku's not destined to be president. If not, his collabo with Obi won't spoil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Major Jack Wears Slippers To Church - Photos / Pictures Of Murdered Students Of Mubi Polytechnic / Patience Jonathan Celebrates Her 55th Birthday On A Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.