Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,778 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? (4527 Views)

Tell Kenny Ogungbe, He Aint No Nigger / Album Cover Of Nas *nigger* / What Do You Think Of Cherish: The Girl Group? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by ngmilitant: 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2007
just another abusive word
a racist's word
or nothin realy, poll at www.naijahiphop.org.cast your vote!!!!!
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by A40(m): 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2007
I am cool with it
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by younghoodi(m): 3:34pm On Aug 30, 2007
we use it to recognize each-other if you black and i know u and i saw u on a white block i be like what's good nigga,so u already know that am talking about u.
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by younghoodi(m): 3:35pm On Aug 30, 2007
and don't use it if u white cuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by zigbo(f): 6:17pm On Aug 30, 2007
younghoodi:

and don't use it if u white cuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
yea exactly, bu' to me theres no biggy in the word dats if its btw.blacks wink
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by chiogo(f): 11:41pm On Aug 30, 2007
Yeah, right. Some Black peeps are silly, u find it offensive when a white person calls u that but u use it amongst urselves. That's total BS!! That's what i still find weird. To me, it's not a bad word but as i grew older, i realized it was. When i was very little, i said it a lot among my siblings, heard it in music videos and i thought it's used to describe a cool person, i'd be like "that girl/boy is a baaaad nigga", lol, it's funny even tho i still say it but i try not to use it outside since i know it's offensive. I wldn't go up to a white person and be like "u white trash" and not expect them to say somethin' back to me, so this "black folks can say it but not white folks " thingy doesn't make sense. If u know it's offensive, why do u then call your people that??
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by omoge25(f): 4:11am On Aug 31, 2007
the africans i know dont use it, i dont. its not my word so to each his own.
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by younghoodi(m): 9:43pm On Aug 31, 2007
chiogo:

Yeah, right. Black peeps are stupid, u find it offensive when a white person calls u that but u use it amongst urselves. That's total BS!! That's what i still find weird. To me, it's not a bad word but as i grew older, i realized it was. When i was very little, i said it a lot among my siblings, heard it in music videos and i thought it's used to describe a cool person, i'd be like "that girl/boy is a baaaad nigga", lol, it's funny even tho i still say it but i try not to use it outside since i know it's offensive. I wldn't go up to a white person and be like "u white trash" and not expect them to say somethin' back to me, so this "black folks can say it but not white folks " thingy doesn't make sense. If u know it's offensive, why do u then call your people that??

WHITE PEOPLE ARE POISON IF WE LET THEM USE THAT WORD THEY GON TURN IT TO SOMETHING ELSE WE WELCOME THEM TO AFRICA AND THEY SLAVE OUR ASSES THEY ARE POISON UNCLE THOMS ARE WICKED.
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by A40(m): 10:45pm On Aug 31, 2007
Its cool so long as a white dude dont call me that. i assure bullets or stabs would rain on the bloodclot if he tried
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by labiyemmy(m): 10:52pm On Aug 31, 2007
its cool - i am a nigger and proud to be one.
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by younghoodi(m): 1:54pm On Sep 01, 2007
A-40:

Its cool so long as a white dude don't call me that. i assure bullets or stabs would rain on the bloodclot if he tried

shut up.
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by jejelolatu(f): 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2007
Fortunately for me,i grew up here in lagos nd here in naija nigga isnt an everyday word except among pretenders nd wan na bes. i have a good idea of the kind of pple dat are reffered 2 as niggas or bitches in movies.they re d dregs of d american society,d blacks leavin in projects nd shelters.nigga is not used among d rich black kids who attend highly rated colleges or live in high brow areas. So i gues by their words u shal know them.
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by zigbo(f): 3:52pm On Sep 01, 2007
jejelolatu:

Fortunately for me,i grew up here in lagos nd here in naija nigga isnt an everyday word except among pretenders nd wan na bes. i have a good idea of the kind of people that are reffered 2 as niggas or bitches in movies.they re d dregs of d american society,d blacks leavin in projects nd shelters.nigga is not used among d rich black kids who attend highly rated colleges or live in high brow areas. So i gues by their words u shal know them.
how many of the "rich black kid" dint taste a bit of hood life undecided even rev. run's kids will say nigger on 1 or 2 occasions
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by chiogo(f): 9:02pm On Sep 01, 2007
younghoodi:

WHITE PEOPLE ARE POISON IF WE LET THEM USE THAT WORD THEY GON TURN IT TO SOMETHING ELSE WE WELCOME THEM TO AFRICA AND THEY SLAVE OUR ASSES THEY ARE POISON UNCLE THOMS ARE WICKED.
don't get u. what u mean?? It's already a bad word among blacks. how can white people now make it worse??. if it wasn't a bad word, why is it censored in music videos?? u usually hear d beep sound when such words are used.
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by younghoodi(m): 9:05pm On Sep 01, 2007
if i call u a nigga i mean a black brother but that ain't my word anyway that's between akatas and white.
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by chiogo(f): 9:07pm On Sep 01, 2007
u didn't answer d question, dude. tongue that ain't ur word but u just used it somewhere just few minutes ago
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by younghoodi(m): 9:10pm On Sep 01, 2007
videos are directed by white people,i don't use it in naija or with naija friends or family i only use it with aa's,but if a naija dude is trina get on my nerve i use the word to get on his nerve.
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by chiogo(f): 9:12pm On Sep 01, 2007
That's a big-ass lie. where u got that from??
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by younghoodi(m): 9:15pm On Sep 01, 2007
what lie?
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by chiogo(f): 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2007
The part about white people directin' music videos. u just modified ur previous post. anywayz, yeah, i don't think white people direct any black music videos.at least not all of them. all d black music videos in which d n-word is used can't be directed by all white people.
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by younghoodi(m): 9:25pm On Sep 01, 2007
is u on crack?i know allot of artist and without white people there will be no video i understand there's some black directors but most of them are uncle Thom's the i get money video's produce by a white dude we fly high is directed by a uncle Thom so what's u talking about?
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by chiogo(f): 9:31pm On Sep 01, 2007
wow, why u dissin' me for?? well, maybe am on crack, d one u gave to me. wink anyhoo, white people producin'/directin' music videos has nothin' to do with the n-word bein' a bad word. so shush.
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by younghoodi(m): 9:36pm On Sep 01, 2007
if that's what u believe then is ok,and i ain't dissin u.
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by chiogo(f): 9:51pm On Sep 01, 2007
ok, ok. good. . .  undecided I don't believe in anythin'. am talkin' from experience like at my school, some teachers make u pay a quarter for usin' such words.
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by zigbo(f): 1:01am On Sep 02, 2007
chiogo:

The part about white people directin' music videos. u just modified your previous post. anywayz, yeah, i don't think white people direct any black music videos.at least not all of them. all d black music videos in which d n-word is used can't be directed by all white people.

girl white people direct some of this black rap videos. . . . . who do u think directed most of 50cents new video nd many mo rappers . . . nywyz to me "nigger" is nt the worst word in the world, i dont use it though. i think it also depends on who says it nd in wat situation. bu wait the word was coined from negroid rite undecided
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by Sexyabby(f): 3:54am On Sep 02, 2007
i don't see anything bad about d word but i can't remember d last time i used it anywayz so i don't care
jejelolatu:

Fortunately for me,i grew up here in lagos nd here in naija nigga isnt an everyday word except among pretenders nd wan na bes. i have a good idea of the kind of people that are reffered 2 as niggas or bitches in movies.they re d dregs of d american society,d blacks leavin in projects nd shelters.nigga is not used among d rich black kids who attend highly rated colleges or live in high brow areas. So i gues by their words u shal know them.
dats what u think
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by Teej(m): 4:01am On Sep 02, 2007
Its cool with me but offensive when white folks use it.
I guess its a kinda black word not 4 d whites.
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by jejelolatu(f): 3:08pm On Sep 02, 2007
Sexy,as u must have seen.dats my personal opinion.am nigerian,i live in lagos nd i knw dat theres no where in naija where d nigga is an everyday nd everytim word.for naijas in d diaspora it mite be acceptable,bt wen i see pple posting on nland wit an overuse of d nigga word i find it quite ridiculous.who dem dey form for?
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by younghoodi(m): 4:26pm On Sep 02, 2007
chiogo:

ok, ok. good.i was about to say. . . undecided I know u my buddy. i don't believe in anythin'. am talkin' from experience like at my school, some teachers make u pay a quarter for usin' such words.

your school must be full by uncle thoms cuz in the school i use to go to a black school where err body was black even the teachers so we use to use that world all day.
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by chiogo(f): 6:04pm On Sep 02, 2007
^^^Nope, it's strictly black/latino folks, i only have one white girl at my school. The teacher i talked about was my algebra teacher in d 9th grade, she was the only one who did that but it's still considered a bad word nonetheless. u seen the new chamillionaire video, hip hop police/evenin' news??

@Zigbo, well maybe, idk but like i said all black music videos can't all be directed by white folks. nah, i think "negro" is derived from negroid, that is a more polite way of referrin' to black people, it's not offensive, nigger is d one used on them by d slave masters in those days, it's like an insult like bein' useless/worthless, so i heard. And now Black folks say 'nigga' w/o the 'er', which supposedly changes the word into something positive undecided
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by younghoodi(m): 6:37pm On Sep 02, 2007
wow i guess err school's different.in my school even the teAcher use it my teacher be like nigga where's your homework?
Re: What Do U Think Of The 'nigger' Word? by jejelolatu(f): 6:39pm On Sep 02, 2007
younghoodi:

wow i guess err school's different.in my school even the techer use it. my teacher be like nigga where's your homework?

maka' why?

thats serious ohhhhhhhhhhh,wat kinda sch is that?

really,its a joke isnt it?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Davido - DODO [MP3] / Hawt:- Download Happy Day By Patoranking (download Here) / Nigeria Music Is Sensational! Which Tribe Has Da Best Rhythms Igbo,Yoruba,hausa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.