Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,365 members, 7,829,929 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients (1343 Views)

Rich Nigerians Are Not Tribalistic, Only The Poor Ones Are- Isaac Fayose (Video) / Does Peter Obi Support Prove Yorubas Are Naive? / "That Buhari Has Igbo Driver And Cook & Not Tribalistic Is A Lie" - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by Lelelalalele: 8:39am On Feb 26, 2023
I hope Obidients and others would stop accusing Yorubas of being tribalists! This year's election is proof.

See how Obi is doing well in Lagos, despite being Igbo.

See how Atiku is doing well in the South West despite being Fulani. Even Ekiti State that I expected Tinubu to get 90% and Atiku 10% really shocked me. Even Oyo State, despite the crisis, Atiku is performing well. Same for Ondo. Atiku might even win Osun State.

Honestly, it'd be unfair and wicked if you don't change.

My respect for the Yorubas has grown tremendously because of this. When I first saw the results, I dismissed them as fake news until they became clear. That's how Nigeria should be.

6 Likes

Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by aljharem(m): 8:40am On Feb 26, 2023
At this point, any yoruba that care if he is called tribalistic is an idiot.

7 Likes

Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by JasonScoolari: 8:41am On Feb 26, 2023
Wait For results and stop this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by Lipscomb(m): 8:42am On Feb 26, 2023
Yoruba people are liberal.

9 Likes

Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by riverbird: 8:44am On Feb 26, 2023
Oga op why are some of you this tribalistic?, Is it only Yorubas that are voting tinubu?...... please we have past this level long ago and all we should be bothered with is how to build a better Nigeria instead of this tribal nonsense, abi if e better for you as a Nigerian you no go like am?

1 Like

Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by Umitive: 8:44am On Feb 26, 2023
Lelelalalele:
I hope Obidients and others would stop accusing Yorubas of being tribalists! This year's election is proof.

See how Atiku is doing well in the South West despite being Fulani. Even Ekiti State that I expected Tinubu to get 90% and Atiku 10% really shocked me. Even Oyo State, despite the crisis, Atiku is performing well. Same for Ondo. Atiku might even win Osun State.

My respect for the Yorubas has grown tremendously because of this. When I first saw the results, I dismissed them as fake news until they became clear. That's how Nigeria should be.

Nobody is calling all Yorubas tribal bigots. The truth is that many are. There are many Yorubas that are very good. But most Muslim Yorubas are tribal bigots. I have many as friends, even when I was in the UK studying. If they see you as a black man, they will speak Yoruba to you not minding if u understands it or not. If you say u don't understand the language, my brother you will be sidelined in whatever the do, even in lecture halls. In our nigerian whatsap group then, you will obviously notice their character as tribal bigots. Even in work places, they kept speaking Yoruba even when it was against the work ethics. What I observed was that, many of them are Yoruba Muslims.
Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by cmikel: 8:44am On Feb 26, 2023

YES WE ARE NOT TRIBALISTIC

THE POLOTICIANS USE TRIBALISM AS A WEPPON TO DIVID US TO THEIR PERSONAL FAVOUR

2 Likes

Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 26, 2023
No,they know that Peter obi is the best man for the job, he is competent, healthy, no criminal records and he has integrity unlike emilokan.

1 Like

Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by Tolexander: 8:51am On Feb 26, 2023
Yoruba can be tribalistic, but not filled with hatred when it comes to taking decisions.

Would Igbo have voted for Osinbajo if he was given the ticket?

10 Likes

Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by Eriokanmi: 8:58am On Feb 26, 2023
Lelelalalele:

We don't vote along ethnic or religious lines. Only core north are the most tribalistic in Nigeria and they're not hiding it. I pity our people hobnobbing with them during every general elections. They're about 13 in number . Jonathan victory in 2011 was a proof that no leading presidential candidate from the south needs their votes to win. See how they're dribbling tinubu in this election.

If you ask me, i don't think igbos too are tribalists. They've voted obasanjo twice. They also voted atiku in 2019. I think the reason they didn't vote buhari was his role in the Biafra war not because he's a Muslim. Buhari himself knows they don't like him. They'd have voted Osinbajo, had Tinubu not come out to run. My igbo trusted friends told me so. Tinubu had some unfriendly history with them too. I remember the lagoon statement by oba akiolu in 2019. Tinubu didn't come out to condemn what the oba said. These are my opinion shaa
Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by aariwa(m): 9:01am On Feb 26, 2023
Yoruba Muslims are ones promoting tribal divisions between igbo and Yoruba
Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by Asgard13: 9:02am On Feb 26, 2023
Yoruba people are not tribalist..

Abeg make Una update us with southwest results

Since yesterday

Power to the people
PDP!!

1 Like

Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by Odogwuzack: 9:04am On Feb 26, 2023
Lelelalalele:

Well said.
Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by frankyychiji(f): 9:06am On Feb 26, 2023
Lelelalalele:

Obasanjo even got far greater love from the SE.
Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by Shampoo77: 9:10am On Feb 26, 2023
Quiet you smelly mouth, Obi would have scored over 70% in the south west if not for their thuggery, tribal and ethnic tendencies

1 Like

Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by JohnnA1: 9:32am On Feb 26, 2023
Lipscomb:
Yoruba people are liberal.
Na this ''liberality'' aka acommodating be our main problem.
Be liberal, BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY BE WISE!
Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by sreamsense: 9:36am On Feb 26, 2023
Umitive:

Nobody is calling all Yorubas tribal bigots. The truth is that many are. There are many Yorubas that are very good. But most Muslim Yorubas are tribal bigots. I have many as friends, even when I was in the UK studying. If they see you as a black man, they will speak Yoruba to you not minding if u understands it or not. If you say u don't understand the language, my brother you will be sidelined in whatever the do, even in lecture halls. In our nigerian whatsap group then, you will obviously notice their character as tribal bigots. Even in work places, they kept speaking Yoruba even when it was against the work ethics. What I observed was that, many of them are Yoruba Muslims.
What has speaking Yoruba language got to do with being triabalistic? They should loose their language cultural identity in foreign land because you lost your own language heritage? That has nothing to do with being triabalistic. However, relating to politics of the moment; in this election now, yorubas has proven to be libral as they voted all parties involved even if it is 1 vote and you can also see that they are not religion bigots because you can see Ekiti-christian dominated area delivering votes to Tinubu (Yoruba Muslim) in full force which implies that igbos war of religious division (yoruba-christian, yoruba-muslim) in South west is baseless, fruitless and has no effect.

In South west, LP, PDP and other parties recorded some sizeable pocket of victories as against entire south east where Tinubu and Atiku recorded 0 votes without giving them any moment of joy. Similar tribal/religion card was played in major part of North, where OBi/LP was locked out with zero vote. If Tinubu finally wins now, you will have no reason to complain if you are neglected because you shot yourself with your tribalism and religion bigotry. Any party that wins this election will have reason to carry south west along because yorubas are fair enough not to put their votes in one basket like igbos; and also remember roles Yoruba leaders played in support of Peter obi. At the end of the day, it amounts to labouring in vain for LP/Obi because of inability to get national spread of 25% expectation in up to 24 states

1 Like

Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by James91: 9:46am On Feb 26, 2023
I don't know what is wrong with you people, do you want Igbo to vote for sick man as president, you leave your best and give us average and expect us to vote for him, what stop you guys from bringing Osinbajo as a candidate, because of religion , What stop West to give us former Agriculture minister that man that changes Nigeria Agricultural revolution. But you guys have is sick man so that we will suffer and 4 to 8 years after what this government put us

1 Like

Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by Occurstaem(m): 9:48am On Feb 26, 2023
Tolexander:
Yoruba can be tribalistic, but not filled with hatred when it comes to taking decisions.

Would Igbo have voted for Osinbajo if he was given the ticket?
Over their dead body
Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by tishbite42: 9:50am On Feb 26, 2023
We have few sane and detribalised Yorubas.
I must admit that.

Yorubas are tribalistic like the Northerners.
Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by tunjilana: 9:50am On Feb 26, 2023
Eriokanmi:
We don't vote along ethnic or religious lines. Only core north are the most tribalistic in Nigeria and they're not hiding it. I pity our people hobnobbing with them during every general elections. They're about 13 in number . Jonathan victory in 2011 was a proof that no leading presidential candidate from the south needs their votes to win. See how they're dribbling tinubu in this election.

If you ask me, i don't think igbos too are tribalists. They've voted obasanjo twice. They also voted atiku in 2019. I think the reason they didn't vote buhari was his role in the Biafra war not because he's a Muslim. Buhari himself knows they don't like him. They'd have voted Osinbajo, had Tinubu not come out to run. My igbo trusted friends told me so. Tinubu had some unfriendly history with them too. I remember the lagoon statement by oba akiolu in 2019. Tinubu didn't come out to condemn what the oba said. These are my opinion shaa

Igbos always vote against core yoruba interest...if u dont analyse data u wont understand that rivalry.

Obasanjo was not yoruba interest at that time...hence the reason he was voted...the real yoruba interest at that time was Olu Falae and he got nothing from the south east. In 1999, we were only fortunate to have 2 main yorubas on the ballot. They didnt vote obasanjo cos he is yoruba, they voted him cos he wasn't the candidate projected by yorubas.

Go to 1993 and che k the result for Abiola vs Tofa...Abiola lost 3 Igbo states and only won 1, despite the fact that no igbo man was contesting, they still found it hard to massively vote Abiola....

The average Igbo will rather vote a northerner than vote a yoruba man that is widely accepted by yorubas as their rallying point....

Go and analyse all election results from 1960 before your respond

3 Likes

Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by sreamsense: 9:55am On Feb 26, 2023
Odogwuzack:

Check those that voted for Obi in Lagos very well.

Do you know the population of Igbos in Lagos??
It has nothing much to do with population of Igbos. Some Yoruba leaders and pastors all along have given support to obi which was sold to some yorubas. Are you expecting obasanjo, pastor oyedepo, affenifere leaders and many more of their aids that voted not to cast vote for obi in South west ? Are they Igbos?

Outside Lagos, you can see polling unit close to Ota (winner chapel) winning votes for obi, that is effect of liberalism of yorubas. Are there not single yorubas in South east where APC/PDP got zero vote? There are Yoruba communities, fullani and hausa communities in South east even with their obas/emir titles with members. How come no 1 single vote is recorded for APC/PDP in many polling unit? It is because of politics of bitterness, hatred, intollerance and tribalism that igbos play.

Yoruba/fullani/hausa communities living in South east might have stayed off eastern politics to avoid being killed/harrased at any slight provocation. Yoruba liberalism gives Igbo living in South west to confidently go out and cast their votes without fear while foreigners in South east were scared away from participating to the extent that most polling unit got zero vote
Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by Hoelujohn: 11:57am On Feb 27, 2023
Lipscomb:
Is that not lalasticalala.
Don't deactivate your acct. Shock is part of the game
Re: SW Election Results Prove Yorubas Are Not Tribalistic As Portrayed By Obidients by Kapeter(m): 12:24pm On Feb 27, 2023
Umitive:

Nobody is calling all Yorubas tribal bigots. The truth is that many are. There are many Yorubas that are very good. But most Muslim Yorubas are tribal bigots. I have many as friends, even when I was in the UK studying. f they see you as a black man, they will speak Yoruba to you not minding if u understands it or not. If you say u don't understand the language, my brother you will be sidelined in whatever the do, even in lecture halls. In our nigerian whatsap group then, you will obviously notice their character as tribal bigots. Even in work places, they kept speaking Yoruba even when it was against the work ethics. What I observed was that, many of them are Yoruba Muslims
If you think that my Muslim brothers are tribal bigot just because of the highlighted then trust me everyone one of us in Yoruba land is a bigot because that's just how almost everyone of us are. Yorubas don't love trouble and most of you other tribes in Nigeria loves that trouble especially southern tribes so we stay far away from you lots as much as possible as we can. I do that all the time. It's not a must we mingle with others, we are enough for ourselves.

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Obidients: Who Is Taking Our Votes In Governoship? / What Might Happen If I Am Not Released Before Buhari Hands Over Power – Nnamdi K / Ministerial Slot Tears APC Youths Apart, As 30 Leaders Back Seyi Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.