Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat (12489 Views)

Governor Dave Umahi Wins Ebonyi South Senate Seat / Onyekachi Nwebonyi: Ebonyi Commissioner Pours Woman's Food Away / Onyekachi Nwebonyi: Dissolution Of Ebonyi State Executive Is Laughable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by odiks: 6:23am On Feb 28, 2023
Mr Onyekachi Nwebonyi of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has emerged victorious in Saturday’s election to represent Ebonyi North Senatorial District in the Senate.

The Returning Officer, Mr Nwogo Obasi announced the result at the INEC office in Abakaliki Local Government Area on Sunday.

Obasi said Nwebonyi defeated Senator Sam Egwu, the first civilian Governor of Ebonyi State, who was seeking the position for the third term.

Nwebonyi of the APC scored 65,863 votes to win, while his closest opponent, Mr Ejiofor Chukwu of the Labour Party scored 42,283 votes to emerge second.

“Egwu, who came third got 26,569 votes.

Similarly in the district, Mr Nwachukwu Eze of APC defeated his Labour Party and PDP opponents to win the Ebonyi/Ohaukwu Federal Constituency seat.

“Eze scored 22, 794 votes to beat his closest challenger, Mr Ndubuisi Agbo of the Labour Party, who polled 14,168 votes.

“The candidate of the PDP, Mr Victor Aleke has 11,611 votes and came third,” the Returning Officer declared.

In his reaction, Eze commended his constituents for giving him their mandate to represent them.

“The election has shown that there is a future for Nigeria. This election in my constituency has been adjudged the most peaceful and fair since the return of democracy,” NAN quoted him as saying.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/02/27/election-result-apcs-nwebonyi-wins-ebonyi-north-senatorial-district/

19 Likes

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by odiks: 6:33am On Feb 28, 2023
cool
Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by Ebubu2: 7:10am On Feb 28, 2023
APC won 3 Senate seats in Ebonyi

Dave Umahi and Onyeka and Eze

Tinubu will easily do well exceeding 25% if they voted 3 senators for APC

and the APC guy will easily win governorship on 11 March.

Congrats to President Tinubu. Congrats to Ebonyi

Ebonyi is massively developing

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by Ebubu2: 7:10am On Feb 28, 2023
wow APC won 3 senate seats in Ebonyi

Most likely the governorship will go to APC as well

good for them cos APC is really really trying in the state

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by kahal29: 7:11am On Feb 28, 2023
Wow
Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by PandoraObi: 7:12am On Feb 28, 2023
Heeeeeey

1 Like

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by Dafresh: 7:13am On Feb 28, 2023
Ebubu2:
Ebonyi has 2 APC senators

Dave Umahi and Onyeka

Tinubu will easily do well exceeding 25% if they had 2 Senators.
Plus Kenneth Eze making it 3 but all was rigged but I love Ken but he was rigged in

3 Likes

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by Pojomojo: 7:14am On Feb 28, 2023
shocked
Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by Tribal: 7:15am On Feb 28, 2023
tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by LibertyRep: 7:15am On Feb 28, 2023
Ebonyi? APC? Senator?
Some things are surprising.

There are two realities.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by computer0810(m): 7:16am On Feb 28, 2023
Dis election there was no vote buying like it use to, despite all d challenges tinubu faced

A better Nigeria is here......i hope those ppl who said to leave here when tinubu wins r getting set already

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by Davies25: 7:17am On Feb 28, 2023
Ok
Those that accuse Ekiti of bigotry and election rigging are mindless fools.
Ekiti Election was one of the freest and fairest election in Nigeria.
APC had 64 percent or there about, but the people in Enugu who gave their son 90 something percent will call Ekiti names! what an effrontery!
in reality who practices bigotry most in Nigeria if not the Igbos, check around you, they always congregate and try to colonize their Hosts. they are never satisfied until they own everything in your society. They are condescending and think they are better than everyone. Even though most of them lack what you would call common sense. These same people would not sell a pinch of land for you in their communities if you don't over pay excessively. they would never give you any roles in their societies. yet, they call others bigot.
the worst part is we allow these immature, ignorant fools to call our elders names. To drag our integrity in the mud. and for what? For a Peter Obi most Yoruba youths in urban areas supported!?
In honesty, can you compare Obi's antecedents with Asiwaju's? or Kwakwanso's? yet, we supported him because we wanted a change in status quo not because we think he's better cos he's not!

In integrity, character and involvement in national development, why would anyone vote an Obi over a Kwankwaso or an Asiwaju or even a Sowore?

We have more than 300 tribes in Nigeria, Most have not tasted Presidency, most are not complaining except for confused and deluded our Brothers from the East.

Call me a bigot, at this point, I don't care but note, I have never in my life asked anyone where they are from, or relate to anyone because they are from my tribe. I see people, not places they are from. I've always found it unnerving when I get asked that question or someone is asked around me.

Most Nigerians are bigots, if not, why would the issue of Zoning Even come up in the first place?

Asiwaju is a National hero irrespective of the outcome of this election.

Don't let anyone denigrate your heros, your leaders and elders! History would not be kind to you.

Ekiti people are kind, accommodating, Educated, honest, hardworking and intelligent. don't let anyone make you feel otherwise.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by seunfly: 7:17am On Feb 28, 2023
Dafresh:

Plus Kenneth Eze making it 3 but all was rigged but I love Ken but he was rigged in
Ok
Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by Ebubu2: 7:17am On Feb 28, 2023
LibertyRep:
Ebonyi? APC? Senator?
Some things are surprising.

There are two realities.
3 APC senators from what i’m hearing

Also, 1 APC House of Rep and still counting

Very strong APC stronghold

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by FreeStuffsNG: 7:18am On Feb 28, 2023
HE David Umahi really tried. He is a patriotic and highly commited Nigerian leader.

APC got two Senate seat in Ebonyi is a feat!
Congrats to thw Senator-Elect.

Congrats to my President-Elect Asiwaju Tinubu.
check my signature for free stuffs!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by oliverwrites: 7:19am On Feb 28, 2023
Dafresh:

It is always rigging when you people lose.

I guess Lagos was also rigged for LP?

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by OurBusinessIsPr(m): 7:19am On Feb 28, 2023
Umahi is systematically rigging the elections in ebonyi state ..

Reason why a single result sheet has not emerged for that enclave .

LP won from top to bottom ..

INEC happened to us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by sat70: 7:19am On Feb 28, 2023
Ebonyi people no get joy ooooo. Kudos

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by IgOga(m): 7:19am On Feb 28, 2023
Edo has 2 APC senators too....people are voting whoever they want

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by davit: 7:19am On Feb 28, 2023
Interestingly, when APC wins it is all about rigging. But when other parties win, no rigging. How do you guys reason? Na from anus?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by Ebubu2: 7:19am On Feb 28, 2023
APC will easily win Ebonyi governorship.

You can’t have APC taking all Federal positions and the people will vote non-APC in governorship

Congrats Dave Umahi, congrats Tinubu.

lalasticlala mynd44

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by haffaze777(m): 7:20am On Feb 28, 2023
Igbo people too like jagaban,go to Agulu this morning and see how they're jubilating Tinubu victory.That's why Oyigbo people voted massively for Jagaban.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by Tflex01: 7:20am On Feb 28, 2023
EKITI STATE ---- RIGGED
APC - 201,494
PDP - 89,554
LP - 11,397
NNPP - 264

ENUGU STATE -- FREE AND FAIR
APC: 4,772
PDP: 15,749
NNPP: 1,808
LP: 428,640

This is the best election ever.
The KKK did not throw the usual block figures, Tinubu did not win any of the KKK
Tinubu did not win lagos, Ganduje lost his state, Buhari lost his state, Elrufai lost.
What exactly do u want ??
How many states has Tinubu even won?

Let us dash LP 2Million votes, you are not still winning.

Okay we dash Lp all the Lagos votes..
APC 0
LP 1,200,000

APC still leads all of you
Accept defeat and get lost

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by daygee12: 7:21am On Feb 28, 2023
Dafresh:

What's ur problem with rigging? Obi lost finish

12 Likes

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by seunmsg(m): 7:23am On Feb 28, 2023
When are they announcing the result of the presidential election in Ebonyi state? We want to see if LP was able to pull the kind of figures they’re coming up with in Enugu and Anambra.

9 Likes

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by missuzoma: 7:24am On Feb 28, 2023
Ebubu2:
3 APC senators from what i’m hearing

Also, 1 APC House of Rep and still counting

Very strong APC stronghold
Ebonyi voters are voting for individuals not political parties. The decision was for everyone to vote for Obi at the presidential election and then go ahead to vote whoever they think will govern well at other levels. Haven't you noticed that the region is retiring all old incompetent politicians?
The people have realized that good governance can happen at all levels and so want to enthrone quality people at all levels. There's a recount going on in Umahi's case.

2 Likes

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by bhella10: 7:26am On Feb 28, 2023
grin
Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by haffaze777(m): 7:28am On Feb 28, 2023
seunmsg:
When are they announcing the result of the presidential election in Ebonyi state? We want to see if LP was able to pull the kind of figures they’re coming up with in Enugu and Anambra.
Ebonyi people love jagaban

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyekachi Nwebonyi Of APC Wins Ebonyi North Senatorial Seat by ekhai(m): 7:32am On Feb 28, 2023
computer0810:
Dis election there was no vote buying like it use to, despite all d challenges tinubu faced

A better Nigeria is here......i hope those ppl who said to leave here when tinubu wins r getting set already
THEY CAN EVEN QUALIFY FOR CONDITIONS OF ISSUANCE OF A VISA TO ANY GOOD COUNTRY. UNLESS THEY WANT TO TREK TO LIBYA THROUGH THE MALIAN DESERT. HAHAHAHAHA.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fct Minister Meets With Estate Developers, Residents’ Associations / Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? / "What Do You Think Is The Most Important Quality In A Leader And Why?" - APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.