Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,366 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana (78468 Views)

Wike Warns Politicians In FCT Not To Obstruct His Work / Arrest, Prosecute Police Officers Who Brutalised NLC President – Falana To IGP / Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by tesppidd: 12:01pm On Feb 28, 2023
grin

This shouldn't be an argument na.

What's so special about the FCT.

Those arguing with Falana are trying to say that a candidate cannot be declared President if he wins 36 states but fails to get 25 percent in the FCT.

Does this even make sense?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by FatherOfJesus: 12:02pm On Feb 28, 2023
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Isabi4lov: 12:03pm On Feb 28, 2023
Tinubu don win , everybody don know that one .

God no shame anybody, na we use our hands select our leaders so whichever way , na everybody gather dey , presidential seat no be moi moi
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by wolebest: 12:04pm On Feb 28, 2023
Egoat:

The judgement ruled in favor of Shehu tho.
I think Awolowo claimed the 2/3 of 19 states was 13 while the court insisted it was 12 and not 13.
Going by the judgement, the 2/3 of 37 states is 24 and not 25 but then I'm even confused the more as to why it's so.

You can have 25% as required by law and still loose if another candidates scores 25% but has higher number of votes nationwide.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by McLizbae: 12:04pm On Feb 28, 2023
grin grin
Egoat:

I think Awolowo claimed the 2/3 of 19 states was 13 while the court insisted it was 12 and not 13.
Going by the judgement, the 2/3 of 37 states is 24 and not 25 but then I'm even confused the more as to why it's so.

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Egoat(m): 12:04pm On Feb 28, 2023
GeneralPula:

25% in at least 24 states, + FCT..
25% in at least 24 states, and FCT..

There is a diff between those 2 up. Interpret properly and you’ll have your answer..
In simple terms please, what's your opinion?
24 states plus FCT compulsorily or 25 random states of the 37 states.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by bewla(m): 12:05pm On Feb 28, 2023
N3TRAL:
Section 299 of the constitution says that for the purpose of interpretation of the Constitution, the FCT is regarded as a State.

The implication is that:

The FCT is a State but given a name.

Since the FCT is given a name by the drafts men, it won't be right to say 37 states.

However, the name is 36 States and the FCT. It simply means 37 states.

Tinubu has met the requirements.

The court has affirmed that position and the constitution is clear.

è ma sé ba wón ja ibó ni é di oooooo

We move
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by sammirano: 12:05pm On Feb 28, 2023
Obrigardo:

You didn't have to refer to a group of people like that. There are better words you could use.

It's sad that nairaland moderators have essentially taken a break.

This should warrant your account and IP ban but I'm sorry that the mods might not take action.

Cc: Mynd44?

Are you an OSU pig?
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Luckysbab: 12:05pm On Feb 28, 2023
Finesse247:
Read again
He said you don't have to win FCT,
He didn't say you dont need 25% in FCT.
Attractive caption.
Inconclusive loading

No be only inconclusive, na incomprehensible
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by tesppidd: 12:05pm On Feb 28, 2023
DarkPheonix:
He said you don't have to win FCT not that you don't need 25% in FCT, shior.

25% in FCT is a must!!
How can it be a must?

So I can't be president if I win all 36 states but don't get 25 percent in FCT.?

Which country in the world could make such an idiotic law?

11 Likes

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by obedience4(m): 12:06pm On Feb 28, 2023
I am Bewildered that people are arguing this
We always says we have 36 states AND the fct
What the law is saying is that the fct although not a state show been given a statehood during elections
Thus making it a state..
There is no special thing about the fct that one has to win it.

4 Likes

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by AroleOduduwa2: 12:06pm On Feb 28, 2023
Egoat:

Fct isn't a state, why is this hard for people to understand.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by N3TRAL: 12:06pm On Feb 28, 2023
bewla:
è ma sé ba wón ja ibó ni é di oooooo

We move

I'm not Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by GeneralPula: 12:06pm On Feb 28, 2023
Egoat:

It means at least 24 random states of the 37 states..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Redhot0007: 12:07pm On Feb 28, 2023
The requirements are clear. They do not need the so called SANs to interpret it.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by kennyniyi: 12:07pm On Feb 28, 2023
Let's see if Falz the bad guy will invoke Obidient followers to attack his father on this premise.

I see Obidients going all out at Baba Fálànà soon, let's watch how the son will react
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by FarahAideed: 12:07pm On Feb 28, 2023
Godwin4444:
so u know better than falana or is falana also an urchin?

Was he among the drafters of the electoral act to know the full intent of that confusing clause ?

We need the supreme court to interpret this
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Egoat(m): 12:07pm On Feb 28, 2023
wolebest:

You can have 25% as required by law and still loose if another candidates scores 25% but has higher number of votes nationwide.
You're missing the bone of contention.
We are looking at the possibility of a runoff.
Do you need to compulsorily have 25% of FCT in particular to be declared a winner?
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Brunosamel(m): 12:08pm On Feb 28, 2023
AroleOduduwa2:
You need 25% there though, that's the interpretation of the law. The Federal Capital Territory (FCT), is the capital territory of Nigeria, and it is in this territory that the capital city of Abuja is located. The FCT is not a state but is administered by elected officials who are supervised by the federal government.

I think Buhari set us all up, they will definitely form an interim government while there is a rerun.
There's was a man of God that predicted this there's going to be an interim government after the election and osinbajo will be the president Obi will go to court but will be in DSS custody and will be declared with after words
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Egoat(m): 12:08pm On Feb 28, 2023
GeneralPula:

It means at least 24 random states of the 37 states..

Alright. Thanks.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by bewla(m): 12:08pm On Feb 28, 2023
N3TRAL:

I'm not Yoruba.
Don't fight any body just vote

That's the meaning bro

We move

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by searchlight: 12:08pm On Feb 28, 2023
BigBrother9ja:
Lol

OSŪS thought winning Lagos and Abuja is enough for you to be sworn in as president cheesy

I'm so happy God put them to shame grin grin grin
Winning Lagos and Abuja by a person who you said will not win a single local government is a big statement

2 Likes

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Dim08: 12:09pm On Feb 28, 2023
Falana can be a legal luminary but he is wrong on this one.

The constitution specifically said and the FCT (even if it is acknowledged as a State).

The constitution says you must have two-third of other states AND this state (FCT).

Why the emphasis on the FCT, because it is the seat of power and house diverse professionals and diverse ethnic group.

Falana is losing relevance just as Keyamo

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by NigerianAngelo(m): 12:09pm On Feb 28, 2023
Egoat:
But the 2/3 of 37 states is not a whole number. undecided
Or simply put, it's 25% of 25 states as against the popular 24 states?

Don't be a fool.

That simply means you need 25 states!
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by DarkPheonix: 12:09pm On Feb 28, 2023
tesppidd:
How can it be a must?

So I can't be president if I win 36 states but don't get 25 percent in FCT.?

Which country in the world could make such an idiotic law?
How can you not have over 25% of votes in a decentralize place like FCT and want to claim you won the election? Your acceptance in FCT shows that the people all over the country believe in you.
Anyone can easily go to their corner and pull anyhow numbers votes but you need to replicate it in FCT.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Antoeni(m): 12:10pm On Feb 28, 2023
This one Dey craze
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Drealman20: 12:10pm On Feb 28, 2023
Egoat:

Even as at this.. Tinubu has 25% in over 27 States as it stands
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by haffaze777(m): 12:10pm On Feb 28, 2023
Agbakoba Nah charge and bail lawyer🤣🤣🤣
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Versal: 12:10pm On Feb 28, 2023
Say hi to Mahmood

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by ipobarecriminals: 12:11pm On Feb 28, 2023
grin cheesy grin
Tell them chineduawka using ochanja market calculator grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Mobbed In Germany By IPOB Members After Meeting. Photos / 'Thanks': Wike’s Response To Atiku’s Congratulatory Message / Meet Fabian Obi, Peter Obi’s Elder Brother Who Is A Catholic Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.