Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,336 members, 7,836,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana (78613 Views)

Wike Warns Politicians In FCT Not To Obstruct His Work / Arrest, Prosecute Police Officers Who Brutalised NLC President – Falana To IGP / Supreme Court Says 25% Of Votes In FCT Not Compulsory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Egoat(m): 1:13pm On Feb 28, 2023
Naajjii:

How is it going to be Obi vs Tinibu, how ?
As spelt out in the Constitution.

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by maestroferddi: 1:14pm On Feb 28, 2023
duro4chang:
I thought you had interest. But your interpretation is inaccurate base on what Falana said on channels tv today.
Ogbeni, do some thinking na...

Falana is just one legal mouth among many.

How does his views represent the considered legal position which will survive tortuous legal scrutiny and evaluation?

Olisa Agbakoba is no learner in this business...

For him to alert INEC on this means that it is a fundamental constitutional requirement...
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by spartachico(m): 1:14pm On Feb 28, 2023
Nigerian government with permutations
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by GreatrAnalyst: 1:14pm On Feb 28, 2023
What is wrong with Nigeria sef?
What is this ambiguity about interpretation of the law here and there?

SANs against SANs...
Na wa
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Pimine: 1:14pm On Feb 28, 2023
Neoteny7:

Keep clinging on to that thin, flimsy thread of hope. Anything that sustains your fantasies and keeps you out of trouble is ok by us.

Meanwhile, we're basking in the reality that the MM ticket has won.

CAN is now CAN't, and the igboes are again reminded that they're, and always will be, inconsequential minor nuisances.
We shall see who will laugh last. CAN is CAN'T abi? Screenshot this post as a reminder that Tinubu will never rule this country even for a day!

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Nnaworo(m): 1:15pm On Feb 28, 2023
N3TRAL:
Winning FCT Not Requirement To Emerge President – Falana

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2023/01/24/winning-fct-not-requirement-to-emerge-president-falana/amp/
That is in his opinion.I now wonder when Falana's opinion becomes the position of the law?
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by NwaliE01: 1:16pm On Feb 28, 2023
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I will like to use this opportunity to thank my fellow Nigerian Christians for voting massively for the candidate with the Muslim/Muslim ticket. This election has proven that we Christians and our Muslim brothers are one. Peter Obi tried to divide us by running a religious campaign but we Christians stood our ground and rejected him. May God continue to bless we Christians and Muslims for bringing this renewed Hope to our great country sad
Come to Kaduna and visit Tudun wada or Kawo and tell the muslims there that you're one to see if you will come back alive.
Travel and see bro.

2 Likes

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by zinaunreal(m): 1:16pm On Feb 28, 2023
N3TRAL:

There will be no rerun. Tinubu has met the requirement of the law.

Dirty Yoruba wey like darkness and suffer

What has Tinubu done for that dirty place called West especially Lagos I have stayed for over 15 years. Trash stinking people

2 Likes

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Ofolete: 1:16pm On Feb 28, 2023
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I will like to use this opportunity to thank my fellow Nigerian Christians for voting massively for the candidate with the Muslim/Muslim ticket. This election has proven that we Christians and our Muslim brothers are one. Peter Obi tried to divide us by running a religious campaign but we Christians stood our ground and rejected him. May God continue to bless we Christians and Muslims for bringing this renewed Hope to our great country sad
This is one thing I dislike about some of the Muslim clerics, they can even dress as bishops in order to reach Euphoria. How a chief imam like you who asked his members on the 24th of February, 2023 to vote Muslim Muslim ticket in order to Islamise the country come here again to claim a Christian.

3 Likes

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Broveens42(m): 1:17pm On Feb 28, 2023
GeneralPula:

Lol..

Fortunately, we’re using English!

The language is a very big mockery. The question of whether fct is a state or not shouldn't even be an issue here.
If that language is directly translated to Latin, then it means fct is a compulsory 25%.

25% in 24 states and fct( mentioning a name suggest it is not an option)
You must pot all balls and black ball to win a pool contest. ( The black ball is compulsory)

25% in 25 states (when you translate this, it appears exactly what it is)
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by maestroferddi: 1:18pm On Feb 28, 2023
A good patriot should help us create a thread on electoral candidates who won the first ballot but lost on the re-run...
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Denoh68: 1:18pm On Feb 28, 2023
Neoteny7:
Chai!

Falana why?

You've just shredded the last hope of the obidiotz.

What would the zombies do now?

Yell Biafra again as they've been doing for the past 40 years?
YOU WILL SEE BIAFRA ACTUALIZATION. YOU WILL SEE IT COME TO PASS. ASK THE ARAB WORLD ABOUT ISRAEL. THE IGBOS DON'T FORGET.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Neoteny7: 1:18pm On Feb 28, 2023
Pimine:

We shall see who will laugh last. CAN is CAN'T abi? Screenshot this post as a reminder that Tinubu will never rule this country even for a day!

Like I said, anything you grasp to feed your delusions is ok....we just want you not to hurt yourself.

I'm sure your next whine would be: "Tinubu will never get a second term".

We heard it all with PMB. Behold the result!

Now, kindly stop interrupting my merrymaking as I bask in your misery and loss.

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by soojar(m): 1:20pm On Feb 28, 2023
Egoat:

The judgement ruled in favor of Shehu tho.
I think Awolowo claimed the 2/3 of 19 states was 13 while the court insisted it was 12 and not 13.
Going by the judgement, the 2/3 of 37 states is 24 and not 25 but then I'm even confused the more as to why it's so.

Its because of the number of states won by Shagari, using the 2/3 makes it a decimal and the supreme court ruled that since its people we are talking about and you can't have decimal people so it has to be rounded off to 13, Awolowo was insisting that in that situation it should be rounded down to 12, Eventually the supreme court ruled that based on the cost and other issues involved in conducting a rerun then it is safer to round off to 13. Final judgement.

That's why Awolowo still felt aggrieved till he died that he was cheated. The truth is that if that election went on to run off I don't see Awolowo winning it.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Unrated900(m): 1:20pm On Feb 28, 2023
BigBrother9ja:
Lol

OSŪS thought winning Lagos and Abuja is enough for you to be sworn in as president cheesy

I'm so happy God put them to shame grin grin grin

Osu just dey play
Dey play
Jusy dey play
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Neoteny7: 1:21pm On Feb 28, 2023
Denoh68:
YOU WILL SEE BIAFRA ACTUALIZATION. YOU WILL SEE IT COME TO PASS. ASK THE ARAB WORLD ABOUT ISRAEL. THE IGBOS DON'T FORGET.

Why are you shouting?

I can hear your cries of woe and pathetic whimpering from all the way over here without the all-caps.

Israel, you say?

Hm.

The Arabs seem to be doing very well.... they've so much money they're buying up half the UK and US while Israel is grappling with a few ragtag garden variety terrorists next door.

No one cares about Israel save for their mistreatment of Palestinians.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by duro4chang(m): 1:21pm On Feb 28, 2023
maestroferddi:
Ogbeni, do some thinking na...

Falana is just one legal mouth among many.

How does his views represent the considered legal position which will survive tortuous legal scrutiny and evaluation?

Olisa Agbakoba is no learner in this business...

For him to alert INEC on this means that it is a fundamental constitutional requirement...
Falana is not a baby in legal issue too. Well, court is there for them

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by maestroferddi: 1:22pm On Feb 28, 2023
Nnaworo:

That is in his opinion.I now wonder when Falana's opinion becomes the position of the law?
Ask them o...

Femi Falana has to be a very interesting character...

He has not made any statement on the serial manipulation of results in this election but chose to jump the gun on a fundamental constitutional issue...

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by highchief1: 1:24pm On Feb 28, 2023
FatherOfJesus:
Keyamo wey no win any single case for EFCC
I no come know that one o.I’m not his fan bro I just know say lawyers too strong
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by maestroferddi: 1:25pm On Feb 28, 2023
duro4chang:
Falana is not a baby in legal issue too. Well, court is there for them

He is not a baby but he could be dead wrong...

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Egoat(m): 1:25pm On Feb 28, 2023
soojar:

Its because of the number of states won by Shagari, using the 2/3 makes it a decimal and the supreme court ruled that since its people we are talking about and you can't have decimal people so it has to be rounded off to 13, Awolowo was insisting that in that situation it should be rounded down to 12, Eventually the supreme court ruled that based on the cost and other issues involved in conducting a rerun then it is safer to round off to 13. Final judgement.

That's why Awolowo still felt aggrieved till he died that he was cheated. The truth is that if that election went on to run off I don't see Awolowo winning it.

Actually the court ruled in support of 12 and not 13 and it's reason Shehu Shagari won the case. Your claims are flawed.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Lucymercy: 1:25pm On Feb 28, 2023
GOTVee:
Are you sure you are a born again Christian because if you really know the meaning of the word you be amazed.[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Espelbengz(m): 1:26pm On Feb 28, 2023
Why everywhere quiet! Is there an obituary?
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by dollynnn(f): 1:28pm On Feb 28, 2023
maestroferddi:
lol.

It is a serious legal issue...

There is no how the Abuja requirement could have been inserted into the construction if it were just meant to be a dud statement...

There is without doubt a prima facie case here...

Yeah, a very serious case.

I stopped explaining things to people when it became obvious that some of them were not seeing things from this angle. Interpretation of the law is a serious business!
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Bimpe29: 1:30pm On Feb 28, 2023
They know the true position of the constitution about this but choose to turn blind eye to it simply because of their hypocrisy and parochial interest.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Gilgil: 1:30pm On Feb 28, 2023
There is no ambiguity here. Its simple English. You need to meet 3 requirements to become Nigerian President Elect on the first ballot:

1. Majority votes nationwide
2. 25% in 24 states
3. 25% in FCT

E.g. To pass GRE, you need to score 310 and above (here meaning majority votes) with 160 in Verbal reasoning (25% in 24 states) AND quantitative reasoning (25% in FCT)

It means you must score 310, then 160 minimum in the subjects mentioned. If you score 200 in verbal and 120 in quantitative, and vice versa, you have failed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Fayos1(m): 1:31pm On Feb 28, 2023
cursedAbiola:
then their will be a re-run which a simple majority will now win the election.
the constitution is clear here.
you can't appoint an administrator where you're rejected because that will no longer be democracy.
that's why the constitution was clear on that.
According to you then, a single candidate sweeping most of the votes in FCT alone is enough for a re-run regardless of all 36 others states

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by duro4chang(m): 1:32pm On Feb 28, 2023
maestroferddi:

He is not a baby but he could be dead wrong...
Jesus is Lord
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by olyrayy(m): 1:32pm On Feb 28, 2023
mymadam:

The 1983 Presidential Election comes to mind... The Shehu Shagari vs Obafemi Awolowo fiasco. It is well 🙌🏽

Modified: Sorry, 1979 was indeed the year of the scientific calculator 😂

It's 1979, not 1983. NPN "won" solidly in 1983.
Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by dollynnn(f): 1:32pm On Feb 28, 2023
Gilgil:
There is no ambiguity here. Its simple English. You need to meet 3 requirements to become Nigerian President Elect on the first ballot:

1. Majority votes nationwide
2. 25% in 24 states
3. 25% in FCT

E.g. To pass GRE, you need to score 310 and above (here meaning majority votes) with 160 in Verbal reasoning (25% in 24 states) AND quantitative reasoning (25% in FCT)

It means you must score 310, then 160 minimum in the subjects mentioned. If you score 200 in verbal and 120 in quantitative, and vice versa, you have failed.

You nailed it!

1 Like

Re: 25% In FCT Not A Requirement To Emerge President – Falana by Fayos1(m): 1:33pm On Feb 28, 2023
bazoodo:
the second run off just requires the winner to score the highest number of votes
So, according to you, a candidate sweeping all of FCT votes is enough for a rerun regardless of all other 36 states results

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Nairabet Owner, Akin Alabi Wins National Assembly Election / How A Service Chief Greeted Osinbajo Today At African Union Peace Event (Pics) / Donald Trump Condemns Killings Of Nigerian Christians in Meeting with Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.