Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,899 members, 7,956,394 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:07 AM

Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ (6812 Views)

Poll: What should be discussed?

Separation, efribodi go ya papa house: 52% (56 votes)
Separation must be taken of the cards, lets talk true federalism: 23% (25 votes)
How to gang up on one or two sections and cast them out: 2% (3 votes)
Confederation: 19% (21 votes)
How to share more oil money to the states: 1% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures / Netanyahu Of Isreal Wins Again.Just Like GEJ Will Win Again till 2019 UP GEJ / Abacha Knew the Type of Person OBJ was..he locked him up..GEJ should do same.!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by Beaf: 6:57pm On Sep 13, 2011
GEJ Ok's National Conference - Suggest Items For Discussion (poll)

Now that a Nigerian President has agreed to the need for the long awaited national conference; what items do you propose for discussion?
What should be the framework for the delivery of the peoples voices?

[size=14pt]‘Nigeria won’t break up’[/size]
thenews | September 13, 2011 | 0 Comments
President Jonathan assures on raised security level
Says Jos crisis is human problem
Govt working on reports of past conferences

The President, who spoke at a two-hour presidential media chat that was aired nationwide on radio and television, expressed support for a national conference, but however explained that government is in the process of collating reports of conferences convened on national issues, with the view to packaging areas of agreement in form of bills, which would be sent to the National Assembly.

He said: “As the current President of this country, I disagree with that assertion. Nigeria will not disintegrate. This is not the first time people will come out with such ideas. Nigeria may have challenges, just like other countries. I remember in 1966 when I was in Primary Four, we had the first challenge in Niger Delta when the late Isaac Adaka Boro declared secession for Niger Delta Republic. In 1967, we had the Biafran war when Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu declared the secession of Biafra. These are major issues that affect the country. It is not just because people are detonating bombs or probably there are some level of agitation in the Niger Delta, which of course, is almost under control that they begin to predict that we will disintegrate.

“The country that will disintegrate, you can get it by the study of the psyche of the people. During the civil war, the South Easterners were the bulk of members of the proposed new country called Biafra. Now, the Igbos have investments across the country. Go to the South-West, go to the North. As small as my village is, Nigerians from North, East and West have bought land. People who want to disintegrate will begin to shift back into their own geo political zones. The behaviour of Nigerians show that we are not really going to disintegrate. People look at us because of our ethnic diversity and begin to predict that we will disintegrate. We will not disintegrate. I will not preside over a country that will disintegrate and I assure you that from now till 2015 Nigeria must remain one united nation.”

[size=14pt]On national conference, the President said: “Yes, of course, I support that Nigerians must discuss and Nigerians have been discussing. I have asked the SGF to collate the reports of past national conferences. The ones that are not conclusive are few. We are going to set up a committee. We are discussing to package the reports and take them to the National Assembly. But areas that seemed controversial, we will look at them.”[/size]

http://www.nigerianews1.com/2011/09/13/%E2%80%98nigeria-won%E2%80%99t-break-up%E2%80%99/
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by nduchucks: 7:04pm On Sep 13, 2011
Note that this is not the so-called Sovereign National conference which seccessionists had hoped for. The President understands that the NASS is the only body charged with legislative duties and handling amendments to the constitution.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by omanzo02: 7:17pm On Sep 13, 2011
I suggest confederation, every region should have their own government and control what in it, the current structure have become an area boys menace and cheating others. Anything other than that, then everybody to im papa house.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by Beaf: 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Note that this is not the so-called Sovereign National conference which seccessionists had hoped for.  The President understands that the NASS is the only body charged with legislative duties and handling amendments to the constitution.

It can grow to become anything the people want.
GEJ is the President for all, but his folk in the SS are already drifting toward secession, with various clandestine meetings being held (boko haram being the primary driver).

The national conference will take a life of its own. cool

IMHO, we should get United Nations, EU and US involvement, so that the results can be smoothly reached and implemented.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by nduchucks: 7:28pm On Sep 13, 2011
Beaf:

IMHO, we should get United Nations, EU and US involvement, so that the results can be smoothly reached and implemented.

The above is insulting. We don't need these organizations to address our own issues. We need Nigerian solutions to our problems. Leave oyibo people out of this.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by jason123: 7:37pm On Sep 13, 2011
Federalism.
SIX REGIONS OF GOVERNANCE!

All regions are SEMI-AUTONOMOUS! That is, they come together to help regions that are struggling financially, IF THEY FEEL LIKE (Its not necessary). They come together to defend Nigeria from foreigners. They come together to make federal decisions etc!
Each region can form X number of states in THEIR REGION!
Regional co-operation should be allowed.
EACH ETHNIC GROUP (Even the smallest) should be allowed to choose the region they want to be included in.

Regional soldiers or army should be not be allowed! Some regions might want to secede from Nigeria, forcefully.

Their should be Federal laws and regional laws. The Regional laws should be with the jurisdiction of the Federal laws.

I am sure you know where I am going to with this. wink
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by kulutempa: 7:42pm On Sep 13, 2011
IF we have to live together in peace as one country we have to set the terms and conditions and rules of engagement about our co-existence.   If we cannot agree on those terms, then let us have regional governments under a confederation setup. If we still cannot have that, then let us separate on religious grounds.  On this last point,  Nigeria is already a split country with Sharia law in at least 9 Northern states.   Let's stop fooling around and start getting real, like the Northern and Southern Sudanese who eventually split, when they realised they could not co-exist peacefully.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by udezue(m): 7:45pm On Sep 13, 2011
Your ppl asked for Oyibo help to fight advancing Biafran troops so I beg be quiet.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by ektbear: 7:52pm On Sep 13, 2011
jason123:

Federalism.
SIX REGIONS OF GOVERNANCE!

All regions are SEMI-AUTONOMOUS! That is, they come together to help regions that are struggling financially, IF THEY FEEL LIKE (Its not necessary). They come together to defend Nigeria from foreigners. They come together to make federal decisions etc!
Each region can form X number of states in THEIR REGION!
Regional co-operation should be allowed.
EACH ETHNIC GROUP (Even the smallest) should be allowed to choose the region they want to be included in.

Regional soldiers or army should be not be allowed! Some regions might want to secede from Nigeria, forcefully.

Their should be Federal laws and regional laws. The Regional laws should be with the jurisdiction of the Federal laws.

I am sure you know where I am going to with this. wink

+100

Basically a return to the 50s, but with 6 regions
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by ektbear: 7:53pm On Sep 13, 2011
I agree with the call for UN, EU, etc involvement in this
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by Gbawe: 8:21pm On Sep 13, 2011
guys , stop being taken in by the 419 of Beaf. GEJ never hinted there will be a new and future SNC . In fact he has ruled such out already . It is therefore pointless for anyone to "suggest items for discussion". Doing that would be no different to a church rat dreaming of owning a Bentley with customised Ostrich leather. grin grin grin grin

On national conference, the President said: “Yes, of course, I support that Nigerians must discuss and Nigerians have been discussing. I have asked the SGF to collate the reports of past national conferences. The ones that are not conclusive are few. We are going to set up a committee. We are discussing to package the reports and take them to the National Assembly. But areas that seemed controversial, we will look at them.”
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by Beaf: 8:26pm On Sep 13, 2011
^
Lol!
Dude, you will freak out very soon, "Beaf this, Beaf that, Beaf took my babe, Beaf is phucking smarter than me, why God, why?"
Unu go wound o! grin

ndu_chucks:

The above is insulting. We don't need these organizations to address our own issues. We need  Nigerian solutions to our problems. Leave oyibo people out of this.

What part of it is insulting? They will be there as neutral witnesses and supervisors of what has been signed.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by udezue(m): 9:11pm On Sep 13, 2011
We need those neutral outsiders. The Nigerian style dealing with such issues has been disastrous.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 13, 2011
hmmm liking the idea of six regions
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by okadaman2: 9:25pm On Sep 13, 2011
Beaf modify the poll.

Let's discuss federalism but keep separation on the table, last last we'll agree on a confederacy. undecided
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by redsun(m): 9:36pm On Sep 13, 2011
ndu_chucks:

The above is insulting. We don't need these organizations to address our own issues. We need Nigerian solutions to our problems. Leave oyibo people out of this.

Have you ever wondered why he is a sycophant? Because his mind is immature and dysfunctional,always having the need to be schooled by oyinbos or some ogas somewhere for him to think his is rational.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by okadaman2: 9:38pm On Sep 13, 2011
I posted this on another thread. I think it's relevant here.

I'll post a full message from MNN and MEND later -after UEFA. "MEND" replied and disagreed with some parts but generally they are both seeking the same thing -deep and fundamental restructuring that will be binding on all regions willing to be a part of New Nigeria.

I agree with most of MNN and "MEND" 's point. I'm pacing MEND in quote because it's hard to know which MEND is real or fake these days. But I like the MEND that replied MNN.

The Nigerian constitution is a forgery - MNN

The Constitution started with "We the people hereby agree"

some transcribed points from the video below:

But We did not agree to give The President and 36 Governors immunity

We the people couldn't have agreed to give the key of the treasury to the executive branch

Nigeria has become a criminal enterprise where few people are using a forged document to rule 150Million people

We cannot be united by fraud and forgery

Nigerians have been calling for a Sovereign national conference but those who have secured themselves in Abuja have refused to listen

Who created the 36 states? Few Military elites!

Who created the 68 item exclusive lists in the Constitution that prevented a state like Lagos from generating her own electricity, do her own rail and manage her own sea port?

Less that 1% of the country's population has 90% of the assets of the country and you cannot break in, you are locked out!

Somebody will sit in Abuja and say he's (IG) Inspector General of Police for a state like Imo, how is that sensible? how will he know how things work locally in Mushin?

We cannot be bound by force for all times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjuEaKTpZ4g[

[flash=490,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjuEaKTpZ4g[/flash]

^^

You need to watch that video.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by okadaman2: 9:53pm On Sep 13, 2011
MEND's position in reply to MNN is posted on this llnk:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-743963.0.html

I did a summary then.

I think both sides raised very good points that must form the basis of any SNC, including separation, which we must have on the table too.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by kpogede77: 9:54pm On Sep 13, 2011
The man GEJ has started reasoning like human being, even though he has not openly agreed with our demand for SNC, he has given a lead way. In fact my anger for GEJ has reduce by 5%.
We need an umpire or a third party to witness whatever we are going to do. Doing it the Nigerian way will end up in the Nigerian way like previous conference or civil war.
Relying on this present house of assembly for any thing is like remaining in the old Nigeria.
Personally, I wouldn't want to remain in any country bearing the same name with these Arab infested northerners who proclaim death for America and Israe[/b[b]]l on issues that does not concern them.
Whatever regional government we are talking about should be based on southern Nigeria and some part of middle belt.
The north is cancerous and should not be associated with us to avoid the spread of ''cancer''
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:28pm On Sep 13, 2011
I reckon a confederation is the best option, but a referendum on our remaining together/seperating should be on the cards just incase we don't reach a satisfactory compromise at the so called conference. Said referendum has to be conducted/monitored by a int'l reputable body to prevent mago-mago like underaged voters; rigging results and illegal voters from neighbouring countries- unless or course the voting would be done and results announced based on individual ethnic groups.

The conference can only be meaningful if the representatives of the southern/middlebelt ethnicities grow some balls and the traitors amongst them (that can sell their mama for $1 million) are weeded out or rendered impotent.

If i was given a choice, i would still like us to remain one country, but with power residing in the component units, and each unit allowed to develop at its own pace with its resources used mainly within its borders and a fraction sent to the centre.

Sounds fair to me.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by lagcity(m): 3:54am On Sep 14, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

If i was given a choice, i would still like us to remain one country, but with power residing in the component units, and each unit allowed to develop at its own pace with its resources used mainly within its borders and a fraction sent to the centre.

Sounds fair to me.

this is the main thing. i would give my left nut to see this happen cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by Nobody: 4:00am On Sep 14, 2011
mmmhhh,  something smelling, looks like will end good or sounds like it will be another aburi accord!

who knows!
intelligent peeps should be allowed in this issue not this bunch of fools that sleeps and fights during meetings in the money controller house  in abuja!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  even if they will lets there be strong opposition(the mob)
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by Nobody: 4:01am On Sep 14, 2011
How to gang up on one or two sections and cast them out

I wonder who those two sections are shocked
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by ShipIt(m): 4:03am On Sep 14, 2011
What you guys are proposing sounds a lot like the Former Yugoslavia after Marshall Tito, Anyone who knows their history should see what a volatile idea that is,
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by Beaf: 4:07am On Sep 14, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I wonder who those two sections are shocked

Ekiti and one other. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by Nobody: 4:10am On Sep 14, 2011
Beaf:

Ekiti and one other. cheesy

Ope o!!! Na God we go thank o cheesy
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by Beaf: 4:14am On Sep 14, 2011
okada_man:

Beaf modify the poll.

Let's discuss federalism but keep separation on the table, last last we'll agree on a confederacy.  undecided

I don't think its possible to talk true federalism and separation at the same time, its either one or the other. Personally, I am for true federalism. But my heart says separation each time a bomb goes off or one of those people that think sabotaging the country is part of opposition opens their gob (Buhari, IBB, Atiku).
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by Beaf: 4:17am On Sep 14, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Ope o!!! Na God we go thank o cheesy

You gotta be dreaming if you think we'll ever let Ekiti women and their wiggly, jiggly, wickedly shapely behinds out of sight! grin
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:22am On Sep 14, 2011
well,this is a good beginning towards a true federalism.but i dont see nigeria breaking up!
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by okadaman2: 4:38am On Sep 14, 2011
Beaf:

I don't think its possible to talk true federalism and separation at the same time, its either one or the other. Personally, I am for true federalism. But my heart says separation each time a bomb goes off or one of those people that think sabotaging the country is part of opposition opens their gob (Buhari, IBB, Atiku).

Actually it is possible. What we need is the political and social will ( I mean balls). You can't invite me to a discussion about my future and at the same time tell me i must live within your terms by force. I need to have a choice to Leave if the agreement is not favourable.

Keeping separation on the table serves both psychological and practical purposes.

Me too I think about separation everyday I wake up in a country forced to exist on a forged PDP constitution written and administered by criminal leaders like OBJ, Late Yar'ardu, GEJ and their fellow "Owners of Nigeria"  and ex-military coup plotters like IBB and his boys.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by okadaman2: 4:40am On Sep 14, 2011
Beaf:

You gotta be dreaming if you think we'll ever let Ekiti women and their wiggly, jiggly, wickedly shapely behinds out of sight! grin
grin grin

Actually, I'll shed blood to keep those heavy bakassis in my country too grin

It is a solemn pledge embarassed
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up - GEJ by Nobody: 5:06am On Sep 14, 2011
WHY ARE WE FOOLING OURSELVES, mmmm, I think Beaf is fooling everyone here, !!! Nigeria WILL NEVER break up, Nigeria is one country, maybe beaf can create his own country in the atlantic ocean, with the money made from oil bunkering, if he is tired of living in the Nigeria I know, !!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Deploys 3,500 Soldiers To Edo / Ex-N'Delta militants Donate N52.7m To Flood Victims / Nnamdi Kanu And Donald Trump Rocks Similar Prayer Shawl, See Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.