Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Can Shagari And Awolowo Scenario Play Out Again? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Shagari And Awolowo Scenario Play Out Again? (749 Views)

Throwback Of How Awolowo, Shagari And Azikwe Poll In 1979 Elections- Photo / Old Photo Of Oba Sijuwade And Awolowo At The Coronation Of The Olu Of Warri. / Over The Years, Shagari And I Came To Understand, Appreciate Each Other - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Shagari And Awolowo Scenario Play Out Again? by AllDModsAreMaad: 5:58pm On Feb 28, 2023
Like the heading clearly asked, is there a possibility that this ongoing presidential election will head to the electoral college and two parties coming together i.e merging their total vote tallies as in the case of Shagari and Azikiwe many years ago?

There are many reasons for my question, but the major reason is "this is the first time since the beginning of democracy in Nigeria(1999) that there will be 3 major parties and the 3 parties will have high vote tallies in a single general election."

Do we have an Electoral college in Nigeria?

Please, those that are enlightened on this should help me out...

2 Likes

Re: Can Shagari And Awolowo Scenario Play Out Again? by AllDModsAreMaad: 6:00pm On Feb 28, 2023
Seun, Mynd44, OAM4J please I need more publicity for this post to be able to get the necessary answer I require.
Re: Can Shagari And Awolowo Scenario Play Out Again? by LuQuLuQu(m): 6:05pm On Feb 28, 2023
Hmmm

Re: Can Shagari And Awolowo Scenario Play Out Again? by tommy589(m): 6:14pm On Feb 28, 2023
Change your headline to Shagari and Awolowo. Npn formed an alliance with Npp after victory at the court
Re: Can Shagari And Awolowo Scenario Play Out Again? by AllDModsAreMaad: 7:41pm On Feb 28, 2023
tommy589:
Change your headline to Shagari and Awolowo. Npn formed an alliance with Npp after victory at the court

OK thanks...

So what do you have to say on my question?
Re: Can Shagari And Awolowo Scenario Play Out Again? by mikelopez: 7:42pm On Feb 28, 2023
This is pure open daylight robbery

The can NEVER escape this rigging

The youths are coming for them

It will happen so fast that they will not be able to escape

Massive Nationwide riots loading

Just wait for INEC to announce the results

220,000,000 people and how many soldiers do we have in the arm forces less than 5,000,000.

The security forces can NEVER crush over 220,000,000 Nigerians

Let that sink
Re: Can Shagari And Awolowo Scenario Play Out Again? by tommy589(m): 7:53pm On Feb 28, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

OK thanks...

So what do you have to say on my question?

Only brilliant lawyers can answer that. The late Richard Akinjide SAN was Shagari's lawyer that won him the case
Re: Can Shagari And Awolowo Scenario Play Out Again? by AllDModsAreMaad: 8:57pm On Feb 28, 2023
tommy589:

Only brilliant lawyers can answer that. The late Richard Akinjide SAN was Shagari's lawyer that won him the case

I believe we still have brilliant lawyers out there.

(1) (Reply)

Aisha Binani Becomes Nigeria’s First Female Governor-elect / Was Peter Obi Actually Deported From The UK.? / Alleged Plans By Subversive Elements To Stop Tinubu’s Swearing-in

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.