Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 (32549 Views)

Senate: APC Secures 59 Seats, PDP 36, LP 8, NNPP 2, SDP 2 / Senate: APC Secures 64 Seats, PDP 40, YPP 1 / How They Stand In The Race For Senate: Apc 61 Pdp 33 Ypp 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Moh247: 8:47am On Mar 02, 2023
uniquelyspecial:

I see them Making Dave Umahi the Senate President

He is a first timer without experience
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Houseontherock1: 8:47am On Mar 02, 2023
Better...well balanced
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by PrinceDoctor(m): 8:48am On Mar 02, 2023
Sannisege:
Akpabio is good to go

I think that was their deal right from the primaries. Kalu was dancing around Lawan. Akpabio stood down for Tinubu; the first before others. That's why they gave him the ticket even though he didn't "participate" in the senatorial primaries. He's good to go!
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 02, 2023
See nothing has changed. Waiting for Obi to tell his Obidient drones to work with Tinubu, mark me it will happen.
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Etuagievin(m): 8:51am On Mar 02, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Senator Uzor Kalu might just clinch Senate Presidency

They were voting Labour Party from top to bottom out of Tribalism, hatred for Tinubu now Senate President is hard to zone to them

. What's really special about a zone producing senate President. Experience shows that the zone producing presidents even suffers more. I also recall that southwest voted massively for the winner. Nigerias elections are often based on sentiment- religious and tribal. It will take decades to erase.
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Faber(m): 8:51am On Mar 02, 2023
yourshopkwikguy:
They won Alot of seats but this results were shortchanged by governors of the states and most powerful people from APC and PDP. E.g Imo state APC 2 senators, how Ebonyi 2 APC senators, LP won rivers seats, Same as in akwa ibom, Same as Delta..
I just pray this people gets their mandates back from Court.

Labour party cleared South East and South South seats no cap.

2 Likes

Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by jackpot(f): 8:54am On Mar 02, 2023
damble:
So, LP has just 7 elected senators and dont make us rest that their mandate was stolen? I am sure LP was rubbed in Rivers and those that wanted to vote for them couldnt in some few parts of lagos... Aside this, I dont believe LP and PDP were rubbed elsewhere apart from the under age voters that north is known for.... At this juncture, everyone should just join hands with Tinubu so he can start working for all...

One thing is certain, when you compare Tinubu with other candidates, you will realize he's not a kind of a leader that some cabals will be dictating to him what to do... This cannot be said about Obi. Obi will just be another Goodluck Jonathan. He will certainly be in charge.

God in heaven is my witness... I voted for Jonathan then and Obi now because they are good men...

I just realized now that being a good man alone doesnt mean you are competent to get a work DONE
APC rigged almost the whole states in Nigeria, starting from Ekiti State. Where they did badly, they closed down the margin.

The actual results in Lagos State LP (983k), APC (151k), PDP (101k) would have made a mess of APC. They had to close down the margin. When Asiwaju accepted that he lost Lagos, you know that there's a major problem. 😂 Though I agree that the huge loss was due to the same faith ticket they ran with.

PDP rigged too in the north, their rigging in the south were where their willing governors in the south helped them, for instance, Udom Emmanuel (Akwa Ibom) and Obaseki (Edo).

Forget it. LP (Obidients) won this election hands down. Their only problem could have been the 25% spread.

If LP defeated APC at all centres where rigging is near impossible, for instance FCT, Army Barracks polling units, etc, know that they (LP) actually won.

1 Like

Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by PrinceDoctor(m): 8:55am On Mar 02, 2023
Moh247:

Akpabio as an old Senator.. Oshiomole is still new and needs to learn

Realistically, Akpabio is the man for SP. He did well in delivering huge votes foq APC and ultimately, it's their deal from the primaries.
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Stakekay1(m): 8:55am On Mar 02, 2023
North West have never had the chance of becoming Senate President, I am predicting the party will zone the Senate President to North West snd House of Representatives to South South
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Babyboyforeal(m): 8:59am On Mar 02, 2023
Moh247:
cool

They were voting Labour Party from top to bottom out of Tribalism, hatred for Tinubu now Senate President is hard to zone to them

the one they zone to Lawal how did he benefits the people of North West because the last time i check the people from that region are still very poor
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by BJanta: 8:59am On Mar 02, 2023
Rikidony:
Structureless party with 7 seats plus lots of HOA members, we will be taking back our Presidential mandate soop
n, Nigeria must be liberated

You're still living in your nightmares, Nigeria has moved beyond that.
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by amaridigital(m): 9:00am On Mar 02, 2023
Rikidony:
Structureless party with 7 seats plus lots of HOA members, we will be taking back our Presidential mandate soon, Nigeria must be liberated

With 7 LP senatorial seats against 51 senators from APC you want to take back your mandate? Imagine 7 to 51. how do you intend to rule? Ipob brain is truly a dead brain.

2 Likes

Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Pootle: 9:03am On Mar 02, 2023
how will a president rule effectively with that low amount of representative in the legislature, obi himself knows that. Nigeria need to focus heavily on it grass root polities first. you cant build a house by starting with the roof undecided

1 Like

Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Mylove55(f): 9:05am On Mar 02, 2023
Rikidony:

Why is the country so silence despite BAT being declared, what happen to the 8 million voters APC had, who voted for them?
we are not rejoicing because Lp and pdp Rob us,
Apc supposed get nothing less than 10m votes,
So the winning margin is not enough to make me happy
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by itsene: 9:07am On Mar 02, 2023
Bornbiafra:
Structure less party getting structure
Don't be misguided, they are still structureless.
Some of the LP winners never met Obi and likewise Obi doesn't know them
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Otunbakayce: 9:07am On Mar 02, 2023
2 3rd of 109 is 73.
Meaning APC is bleeped already.
Any LP senator that cross carpet will be recalled and will never be elected again.
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by daywatcher: 9:07am On Mar 02, 2023
Any APC senator from SE should get Senate Presidency. Proudly Batified.
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Bornbiafra: 9:08am On Mar 02, 2023
itsene:

Don't be misguided, they are still structureless.
Some of the LP winners never met Obi and likewise Obi doesn't know them
do u know tinubu have you met him
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by UgosinaChi(m): 9:08am On Mar 02, 2023
Wike invites Igbo stakeholders to a meeting in government House. I guess he will say " I worked against your son. Am sorry. Forget about nye nde ebaa enye nde ebaa"
Debater:
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/10th-senate-apc-leads-with-51-slots-pdp-27-lp-7-nnpp-3-sdp-2-ypp-1-apga-1/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiRpoT41bz9AhVCXvEDHb9DCwAQFnoECAkQAg&usg=AOvVaw3J3LMt2wT9v3I01_i3GaIv

Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by BJanta: 9:08am On Mar 02, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Uzor Kalu is the greatest pretender ,now it has worked against him. Then she Senate President cannot go to the Southeast, it'll go to the Northwest, nothing concrete for them yet. Then Speakership of the house of representatives might go to a Delta Iboman. Then deputy Senate President or deputy speaker to the Southeast.
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Jlow2: 9:09am On Mar 02, 2023
Ahmed lawn and Dave umahi contested the presidential primaries, and went to win senate primaries they never contested, what kind of country is this,Apc is worst than alqaeda terrorist group and nothing good will ever come from them, the have set the worst precedent in history of nigeria at the just concluded presidential election,posterity and history will judge them and their generations to come.
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Blazebond(m): 9:10am On Mar 02, 2023
When Dem tell una say na pdp votes una wan divide shebi una argue,una allow social media platforms influencers to deceive una,una Allow those clowns to use una to gain cheap popularity,shebi APC don grab the Senate, remaining the house of reps,next time una go Sabi wetin we dey call ALLIANCE'S for politics.

1 Like

Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Mylove55(f): 9:15am On Mar 02, 2023
Moh247:

He is a first timer without experience
is not by experience, is by zoning first,
If zone to south east, and choice the best qualified among them,
Izunaso from imo may get
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by HeroicMeastro: 9:19am On Mar 02, 2023
Rikidony:

Why is the country so silence despite BAT being declared, what happen to the 8 million voters APC had, who voted for them?
Gone are those days when people will run through the streets because their candidate has won.
You will also agree with me that there were no resounding celebrations for the successful candidates of the National Assembly as well.
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by seborrhic: 9:20am On Mar 02, 2023
Faber:

Labour party cleared South East and South South seats no cap.
With just 7 seats?
The whole Labour party movement was based on Obi and not the party per se.
Imagine the SE where LP had a landslide in all 5 states,giving u 15 senate seats,yet I don't think they have won more than 5 seats from that zone,unless there are other results yet to be called.
Even at that APC winning 2 senate seats in Imo was a disaster for LP.
If LP sticks to it's ideology and obi continues making the party to have a vibrile political input and not go into hibernation or members defect,the LP with good and focussed party executives has the potential to spread it's tentacles wider because it now has a physical structure of some sorts to go with it's online army.
Don't forget LP did well in core northern states like Kaduna,Adamawa,asides from it's now formidable presence in Taraba,plateau and nassarawa.
Infact,if LP can have obi still driving it's machinery with an Obi like personality as National chairman,it can turn states like Taraba,Plateau,Nassarawa and even Kaduna and Benue to it's fortresses and make progress in others like Adamawa,Kano,Kebbi.
If Obi for example returns in 2027 with a stronger deputy in the like of a former governor or better still if Kwankwaso accepts to be his deputy in 2027,I bet you 2027 will be an herculean battle between APC and LP.
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by HeroicMeastro: 9:20am On Mar 02, 2023
spencekat:
Did you ever believe that they will have a single rep or senator?
Yes, sure.
I know they would, esp in Igboland
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by ubox: 9:24am On Mar 02, 2023
Tonnierichy:

No. South East don't deserve shishi. We'll give it to Akpabio or Oshiomole, period.
Akpabio will likely take it, Oshiomole is a first timer

2 Likes

Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Peacecore: 9:25am On Mar 02, 2023
Jlow2:
Ahmed lawn and Dave umahi contested the presidential primaries, and went to win senate primaries they never contested, what kind of country is this,Apc is worst than alqaeda terrorist group and nothing good will ever come from them, the have set the worst precedent in history of nigeria at the just concluded presidential election,posterity and history will judge them and their generations to come.
Bala Mohamed of Bauchi contested for PDP presidential primary but went back to pick governorship ticket. Same with Send. Aliero of Kebi state who picked PDP ticket after losing out in APC. Stop pretending as if your party PDP is better than APC.
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Alphanancy: 9:26am On Mar 02, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Shut up and stop talking nonsense. Politics is not the Igbo man's problem. The average Igbo man just needs an enabling environment to do his business and thrive not like some lazy ass like you whose survival depends on some miserly handouts from rogue politicians.
Head or tail the Igbo man can never beg for food.

Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by Faber(m): 9:27am On Mar 02, 2023
seborrhic:

With just 7 seats?
The whole Labour party movement was based on Obi and not the party per se.
Imagine the SE where LP had a landslide in all 5 states,giving u 15 senate seats,yet I don't think they have won more than 5 seats from that zone,unless there are other results yet to be called.
Even at that APC winning 2 senate seats in Imo was a disaster for LP.
If LP sticks to it's ideology and obi continues making the party to have a vibrile political input and not go into hibernation or members defect,the LP with good and focussed party executives has the potential to spread it's tentacles wider because it now has a physical structure of some sorts to go with it's online army.
Don't forget LP did well in core northern states like Kaduna,Adamawa,asides from it's now formidable presence in Taraba,plateau and nassarawa.
Infact,if LP can have obi still driving it's machinery with an Obi like personality as National chairman,it can turn states like Taraba,Plateau,Nassarawa and even Kaduna and Benue to it's fortresses and make progress in others like Adamawa,Kano,Kebbi.
If Obi for example returns in 2027 with a stronger deputy in the like of a former governor or better still if Kwankwaso accepts to be his deputy in 2027,I bet you 2027 will be an herculean battle between APC and LP.

We are the ruling party before the end of the year. Save this somewhere. We have no time for your 2028 or 2066 elections, we won and must get our mandate back. Why is Tinubu setting up reconciliation committee up and down? grin grin

Obaseki defeated INEC, Oshiomhole and Tinubu with the help of Edolites...
Obi will defeat INEC, Oshiomhole, Tinubu and APC with the help of millions of Nigerian youths.
Re: 10th Senate: APC Leads With 51 Seats, PDP 27, LP 7 by spencekat(m): 9:28am On Mar 02, 2023
HeroicMeastro:

Yes, sure.
I know they would, esp in Igboland
Story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aso Villa Authorities Reject 253 DSS Officials / Nigerian Killed In India Over Biafra / Blame Buhari Not Tinubu For Economic Hardship, Sanusi Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.