Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,505 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

How Many Guys Can Wait. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Many Guys Can Wait. (2263 Views)

8 Places Materialistic Ladies Choose For Valentine That Scare Many Guys Away / How Many Guys Can Do This To Their Love.. / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Guys Can Wait. by HISfavoryt: 9:52am On Sep 14, 2011
Pls house I need this information 4 a friend.

A friend of mine (girl) is a virgin, she said she made a covenant with God at a very tender age of fifteen, 2 remain a virgin until her wedding 9t. But being a very beautiful girl, guys disturb her a lot but she doesn't want 2 accept any. Reason cox few she had tried, she broke up cox they wanted to be intimate(sleep)with her which she not willing to.To her its seems every guy wants 2 be intimate so she rather stay alone, until when the right man
comes. The thing is that some of her friends are telling her that no man in this generation will be willing 2 wait till her wedding 9t n that she's just wasting her time, but I tried encouraging her, cox I like her, she's just cool, disciplined n moral.
we decided 2 post this here 2 get opinions. What do u think?

N.B Pls serious minded people are needed, no joke pls!
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by r231(m): 9:59am On Sep 14, 2011
she should go with a man that shares the same feeling as her simple

jus date a born again xtian
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by MrCork17: 10:13am On Sep 14, 2011
HISfavoryt:

Pls house I need this information 4 a friend.

A friend of mine (girl) is a virgin, she said she made a covenant with God at a very tender age of fifteen, 2 remain a virgin until her wedding 9t. But being a very beautiful girl, guys disturb her a lot but she doesn't want 2 accept any. Reason cox few she had tried, she broke up cox they wanted to be intimate(sleep)with her which she not willing to.To her its seems every guy wants 2 be intimate so she rather stay alone, until when the right man
comes. The thing is that some of her friends are telling her that no man in this generation will be willing 2 wait till her wedding 9t n that she's just wasting her time, but I tried encouraging her, cox I like her, she's just cool, disciplined n moral.

N.B   Pls serious minded people are needed, no joke pls!

Mr Cork <<<<<<<waited 6 months & still waitin!  angry
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by HISfavoryt: 10:19am On Sep 14, 2011
@ r231 Even d once dat claim or come in d name of born-again xtian turn out 2 be like others.How do she find d real man?
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by r231(m): 10:26am On Sep 14, 2011
she should be able to find one in her church now
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by claremont(m): 10:41am On Sep 14, 2011
HISfavoryt:

The thing is that some of her friends are telling her that no man in this generation will be willing 2 wait till her wedding 9t n that she's just wasting her time, but I tried encouraging her, cox I like her, she's just cool, disciplined n moral.

N.B Pls serious minded people are needed, no joke pls!
Her friends are right to an extent, the majority of men cannot wait for a lady who uses virginity to define "discipline and morals". There is NO correlation whatsoever between being a virgin, and high morals; a school of thought will even argue that the reverse may be the case. If your friend feels that most men will rate her highly simply because she is a virgin, then she is wrong! She better loose the façade and hook up with the next available man before age catches up on her! cool
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by HISfavoryt: 11:05am On Sep 14, 2011
the majority of men cannot wait for a lady who uses virginity to define "discipline and morals". There is NO correlation whatsoever between being a virgin, and high morals; a school of thought will even argue that the reverse may be the case.

@ claremont, when I say she is disciplined n moral is not just cox she is a virgin.This is a girl that's homely, fun 2 be with, always smiling, kind-hearted, free minded, God-fearing etc. She respects u even when she is ur elder.

So don't think I said she is moral just cox she's a virgin. She's just naturally good.(she not here o! mind u, I'm just saying it at her back)
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by Godmouth(m): 12:09pm On Sep 14, 2011
@ Hisfavoryt, Those so-called friends who are advising this girl to compromise her faith and morals by sleeping with a potential suitor are totally wrong. As a God-fearing man, I would never ask to sleep with a lady I'm in relationship with before marriage. I share the same principle with your friend and please encourage her to wait and be patient for her right man to come: who would respect her body and would treat her for the queen that she is. Just like your friend: I can only marry a God-fearing lady, so sex is out of the question until after marriage.

The bible teaches self-control: so all these guys who cannot court a woman without sex go on to encounter problems in their marital life in the future.

Sex is 'sacred' and should only be embarked upon in union of holy matrimony (marriage) that's the way God sees it. It's Gods' precious gift to mankind however it must be enjoyed in the confines of marriage as it is sacred in the eyes of God

Glad to be of help!
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by bittatruth(m): 12:15pm On Sep 14, 2011
lol @ saying it at her back

@OP How old is she? and what r her reasons for making that promise to God at 15?(if i may ask) welll aslong as she has the right mind frame about it, she better not be thinking that will make her immune from marital problems e.t.c just keep encouraging her if you can, and she needs to check the friends she moves with, sometimes uv'e got to just lose some to gain something better.
smiley
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by Godmouth(m): 12:28pm On Sep 14, 2011
@ bittertruth You have spoken well. The girl in question needs to consider the type of people she calls friends. There are many challenges in marriage and being a virgin before saying your vows doesn't make one immune to them. However there's a reason why God reserves sex for marriage alone.
Both on this side of life and for eternity
The earlier we learn thisthe better
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 14, 2011
Op, i will advice u to tell ur friend that she should pursue her dreams in her career n other spheres of life if she is not of a marriagable age. But if she is then she should trust God 4 a life partner. She should follow God more closely and pray fervently 4 the right man. Above all she should not give up her treasure n pride 4 anything having in mind that God honours those who honour him n that the expectations of the righteous shall never be cut short. Wishing her Gods Grace smiley
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by Godmouth(m): 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2011
God bless you strides for your contribution. With God-fearing women like you around, the future of Nigerian society is very bright!
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by tunnytox(m): 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2011
I believe there are so many men who are more than willing to wait but many girls these days use this virgin claim as a scam so men no longer believe any woman claiming to be virgin.
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by HISfavoryt: 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2011
@ Godmouth 10x a lot 4 dat godly n wonderful encouragement, I think she should be happy to read  ur post n 2 know she has some1 with d same principle. I'm glad 2 know people like u with genuine opinion exist in NL. Anyway 10x alot.

@ bittatruth she is 23 going 2 24. As 4 the reason 4 that I don't know, I think that's a personal issue b/w she n God. All the same sha, 10x 4 ur good contribution.
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by tellwisdom: 1:37pm On Sep 14, 2011
[size=17pt]Op, sexsinners and sexkillz are just the right people for this gurl, they dont like SEX, never tried it before angry angry angry[/size]
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by HISfavoryt: 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2011
@ strides 10x very much.

@ tonnytox No she's really one.
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 14, 2011
@ Hisfavourite, jst ur handle tells me what kinda girl u are, seems 2 me, U nd ur friend ar true children of God, seriously girl; I want U to know we still got guys who share dt same view, Infact I'm one nd I feel proud about it, itz all over my facebook note, I dunno y pple find it so hard to obey d words of d Bible, 4nication(Sex b4 marriage is d 'virus' dt affects most relationship nowadays, U would agree wt me dt, pple hardly av long lasting relationship ds days just because of ds same sin, I know dere are so many tinz dt could result to break ups buh seriously IMO, I feel once sex gets in a realtionship, it is finished especially 4 a gud Christian who knows d truth, let her not compromise her faith, infakt, she shld really start puting it to prayers, she deserves a real man, her kind, qualities nd opinion/views about ds topic interests me 100% nd her qualities best describes d Angel I'm in love with, would av mistaken her 4 mine if not 4 d age difference, Tell her we still got real guys out there, She just gotta shine her eyes, as in very very ooo lest she gets disived nd messed up(I pray it wont happen 2 her IJN)
like I always tell pple, dere's MORE to relationship dan engaging in illicit Sex, some of us get in2 relationship just 2 av a female close companion, sum1 u truly love nd hope to get married to, sum1 u can share ur feelings wt, sum1 u'lld always be proud of, d opposite sex, U know when u're in love wt d ryt person, It's da sweetest thing ever, I tell you, dere's more fun in relationship dan 4nicating, Tell her to remain chaste, it pays a lot, May God give her type of man IJN, Amen
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by 2goodbobo(m): 7:32pm On Sep 14, 2011
@poster, since you like her,why dont you date her?
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 14, 2011
Not every one can wait! True fact! But then, to hell with them if they cant wait! And to friends "telling her that no man in this generation will be willing 2 wait till her wedding 9t n that she's just wasting her time", how better off are they? How did they come to that conclusion? Are they all married and she is left? And what guarantee do they have that premarital sex is a sure ticket to a blissful marriage? Let them shut their rotten traps! undecided

Since you say she's of good behavior, let her keep it up alongside her virginity! And tell her she doesnt deserve low life friends that DONT respect her stands on morals! And i can bet my last kobo that they are jealous of her virgin status! Bear the following in mind. I made this comment on an earlier thread:

*Those engaging in premarital sex risk contracting a sexually transmitted disease!
*Each year millions of youths contract a sexually transmitted disease (STD)
*Over half of all new HIV infections worldwide (6,000 a day) occur among those who are between 15 and 24 years of age.
*Females are particularly vulnerable to a host of problems related to premarital sex. In fact, the threat of STDs (as well as HIV) is higher for females than for males. If a young girl becomes pregnant, she places herself and her unborn child at further risk. Why? Because a young girl’s body may not have developed to the point of being able to handle childbirth safely!
*Most youths who have engaged in premarital sex say that they regretted it afterward.
*After having s[b]e[/b]x, a boy is more likely to dump his girlfriend and move on to someone else.
*Many boys have said that they would never marry a girl they have had s[b]e[/b]x with.
*The reality of premarital sex is far different from what is shown in movies and on TV.
*The entertainment industry glamorizes sex and makes it look like true love.
*If you give in to premarital sex, you are degrading yourself by giving away something of precious value.
*If you do marry one day, you can have s[b]e[/b]x. You'll have SO MUCH sex that you'll ask yourself "WHY THE RUSH"?
*When Married, you’ll be able to enjoy sex fully, without the  regrets, and insecurities that are so often the aftermath of premarital sex.
*Sexually permissive people are unlikely to change their habits just because they get married.
*The fact is, virginity is not strange or abnormal. It’s immoral sex that is degrading, humiliating, and harmful. So don’t let ANYONE con you into thinking that something is wrong with BEING A VIRGIN!>>>>>>PURE FABLES!
*By retaining your virginity, you protect your health, your emotional well-being!

Make sure she reads those points and bear them in mind! cheesy cheesy smiley smiley

And if anyone has an issue with virgins, i'll be right here! undecided
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by bittatruth(m): 8:43pm On Sep 14, 2011
Godmouth:

@ bittertruth You have spoken well. The girl in question needs to consider the type of people she calls friends. There are many challenges in marriage and being a virgin before saying your vows doesn't make one immune to them. However there's a reason why God reserves sex for marriage alone.
Both on this side of life and for eternity
The earlier we learn thisthe better
Precisely wink

HISfavoryt:

@ bittatruth she is 23 going 2 24. As 4 the reason 4 that I don't know, I think that's a personal issue b/w she n God. All the same sha, 10x 4 your good contribution. 

Hmm 23yrs no be beans ooo she has kept her promise this long, she might aswell continue, she needs to remember the reason y she made the convenant in the first place, if a guy really cares for you he will wait and even encourage you to keep it not for him but because that's your wish and he should care about what you want, most young people ave the wrong end of the stick these days and you can't really blame them, she just needs to stay commited and focused on the things that are most important to her. smiley
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 14, 2011
Godmouth:

God bless you strides for your contribution. With God-fearing women like you around, the future of Nigerian society is very bright!
tanx dear n one thing we should always bear in mind is that God is counting on us. Gods grace.                                                                                                    @his favourite, it's my pleasure.
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by omega25red(m): 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2011
edited***
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 14, 2011
sexkillz:

Not every one can wait! True fact! But then, to hell with them if they cant wait! And to friends "telling her that no man in this generation will be willing 2 wait till her wedding 9t n that she's just wasting her time", how better off are they? How did they come to that conclusion? Are they all married and she is left? And what guarantee do they have that premarital sex is a sure ticket to a blissful marriage? Let them shut their rotten traps! undecided

Since you say she's of good behavior, let her keep it up alongside her virginity! And tell her she doesnt deserve low life friends that DONT respect her stands on morals! And i can bet my last kobo that they are jealous of her virgin status! Bear the following in mind. I made this comment on an earlier thread:

*Those engaging in premarital sex risk contracting a sexually transmitted disease!
*Over half of all new HIV infections worldwide (6,000 a day) occur among those who are between 15 and 24 years of age.
*Females are particularly vulnerable to a host of problems related to premarital sex. In fact, the threat of STDs (as well as HIV) is higher for females than for males. If a young girl becomes pregnant, she places herself and her unborn child at further risk. Why? Because a young girl’s body may not have developed to the point of being able to handle childbirth safely!
*Most youths who have engaged in premarital sex say that they regretted it afterward.
*After having s[b]e[/b]x, a boy is more likely to dump his girlfriend and move on to someone else.
*Many boys have said that they would never marry a girl they have had s[b]e[/b]x with.
*The reality of premarital sex is far different from what is shown in movies and on TV.
*If you give in to premarital sex, you are degrading yourself by giving away something of precious value.
*If you do marry one day, you can have s[b]e[/b]x. You'll have SO MUCH sex that you'll ask yourself "WHY THE RUSH"?
*When Married, you’ll be able to enjoy sex fully, without the  regrets, and insecurities that are so often the aftermath of premarital sex.
*Sexually permissive people are unlikely to change their habits just because they get married.
*The fact is, virginity is not strange or abnormal. It’s immoral sex that is degrading, humiliating, and harmful. So don’t let ANYONE con you into thinking that something is wrong with BEING A VIRGIN!>>>>>>PURE FABLES!
*By retaining your virginity, you protect your health, your emotional well-being!

Make sure she reads those points and bear them in mind! cheesy cheesy smiley smiley

Well said bt all these entails being moral n morality has limits when push beyond its limits it gives up everything. Thats why it is necessary to involve God cause its only with in him we can reach our desired goal. Anywayz 9ce piece of advice!smiley
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 14, 2011
Strides:

Well said bt all these entails being moral n morality has limits when push beyond its limits it gives up everything. Thats why it is necessary to involve God cause its only with in him we can reach our desired goal. Anywayz 9ce piece of advice!smiley
Very True! But some have also realized that they control their body members, and their body members DONT control them! Self control is very essential also as well as avoiding places or activities that will tend to put you in a compromising situation!
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by tellwisdom: 10:23pm On Sep 14, 2011
SHATTAP JOR angry angry angry Talk tu much, na KONJI GO KEE U
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 14, 2011
sexkillz:

and where did you get these details?
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by HISfavoryt: 8:15am On Sep 15, 2011
@ 2goodbobo How sure are u that I'm an opposite sex

@ Omega25red What do u mean by that?

10X 2 everyone u people are wonderfully n gloriously made. Its my pleasure having u guys on NL, God bless u all.
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by Ranoscky(m): 10:27am On Sep 15, 2011
sexkillz:

[color=#000099][size=10pt][font=segoe print]Not every one can wait! True fact! But then, to hell with them if they cant wait! And to friends "telling her that no man in this generation will be willing 2 wait till her wedding 9t n that she's just wasting her time", how better off are they? How did they come to that conclusion? Are they all married and she is left? And what guarantee do they have that premarital sex is a sure ticket to a blissful marriage? Let them shut their rotten traps! undecided

*Many boys have said that they would never marry a girl they have had sex with.
I dis-agree with the embolded.
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by BABE3: 10:43am On Sep 15, 2011
@ Sexkillz.

Hm! Rude Boy! I hail o. You don start again abi? I dey house for you kampe.

http://jonnychance.tumblr.com/post/457210015/young-people-ask-will-sex-improve-our-relationship

I'm sure that wasn't the website you got your gist from; however, I'm 100% sure that you plagiarized those pieces of information.
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by Damsal(f): 11:13am On Sep 15, 2011
I agree with what sexkillz has said, we have complete control of our bodies anyone who claims they cannot control themselves has just expressed how weak they are.

And to answer the topic yes there are guys that can wait men with strong religious and moral values, men who see themselves as God's best and would not settle for anything that is less than the best. The Bible would not preach abstinence if it was not possible.
And for your friend tell her that if Joseph could work for Rachel for 14 years there's a man out there who thinks she's worth just the same, she should just keep her mind and spirit centred on God. As people of God we need to start feeding our minds with positive things and not the crap that the world keeps spewing out.
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by lumideezle(m): 1:04pm On Sep 15, 2011
Dont have sex or else u would get Pregnant and die grin
Re: How Many Guys Can Wait. by otokx(m): 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2011
There are many guys out there who can wait even those who are non Christians but the girl too has to play her own part and keep her demands to near zero. Many guys just unleash the dragon anyhow because they spend cash on the babinas.

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Your Boyfriend Is Hot And You Are Not / Why Can't Men Stay With Their Wives, Must They Cheat? / He Only Wants To Sleep With Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.