Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku (35870 Views)

Gunmen Scare In Anambra, As Parents Rush To Withdraw Children From Schools / U.S. Shouldn’t Rush To Embrace Nigerian Election Results —US Senator Jim Risch / US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by kahal29: 3:47am On Mar 03, 2023
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, on Thursday, said the presidential bid of his Labour Party, counterpart, Peter Obi is premature.

Atiku, who stated this while addressing a press conference in Abuja, insisted that he remained the stepping stone to the aspiration of the Igbo to produce Nigeria’s President.

He said, “When I ran in 2019, I picked an Igbo man as a running mate simply because I felt that after any other zone again, the next zone must be South-East. In 2011, I also picked another Igbo man. And in 2023, I also picked another Igbo man. And I have always said that I will be a stepping stone to an Igbo Presidency.

“Because there is no zone alone in this country that can produce a President on his own. I have always told my Igbo compatriots that you negotiate for power, you don’t fight for it.

“So, for anybody to think that I have anything against Labour Party, I think Peter (Obi) was in a rush. Do you know why I say he was in a rush?

“When the campaign started and our PDP governors said that they must produce the president among them, they must produce the vice-president among them, they must produce chief of staff amongst them, Peter got scared and left.

“I did not get scared, I stood up against the governors. When we formed the PDP some of them were perhaps in secondary school or in university.

“So, why should I be afraid and I stood up and fought them and I won the primaries.

“So, if he were there, nothing would have stopped him from becoming a running mate because I had the right of choosing who would be my running mate.

Speaking further, Atiku said Obi “wounded” his outing in the election by taking away the votes he would have gor from the South-East and South-South.

He also said his party was ready to have an alliance with the LP if Obi was willing.

“The question of whether I will work with Peter or not, or whether Peter wounded the PDP; yes, to some extent, he did because all the votes he carried were PDP votes in the South-South and the South-East. Agreed, he took our votes from the South-East and South-South, that, of course, will not make him President. You all know that to be President of this country, you need votes from everywhere. So, as far as I am concerned, Peter is welcome to have a dialogue with the PDP

“We are ready to have a dialogue with him. I don’t think we will have any problem if he wants to have a dialogue with PDP either to form an alliance or not.”

https://punchng.com/obi-in-a-rush-to-be-president-says-atiku/

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by helinues: 3:52am On Mar 03, 2023
Pure description of how Andrew Liver salt works.

Initial gra gra from his supporters with the hope they can bully their way to Aso rock. Hahahaha the headless mobs that are known to be 🤡 🤡

3rd class degree candidate coming 3rd in the election. The bad omen was obvious and Nigerians voted wisely

253 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by Laggafin: 3:56am On Mar 03, 2023
No... Atiku it's you and PDP that wounded the south East after more than 20 years of faithful allegiance to that party.. Karma is a bitch.. it will roast all back stabbers .. including that Agbado crooner whose certificate of return will still be returned to the people's president Peter Obi soon

231 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by Honchoslim16(m): 3:56am On Mar 03, 2023
Initial gra-gra.

But some Nigerians are funny...... Y'all wanting a new Nigeria and you want Peter Obi to become president.
Obi has always been a part of the structure of criminality!.... How come he became a Saint overnight??

Forget those media bullsh!t he does...... That n!gga issa packaged fraud!

295 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by Ruggedniggaone: 4:01am On Mar 03, 2023
Thats the fact! We should stop deceiving ourselves obi can't be President with south east and south south votes alone if election is conducted 10× as long as Atiku and Obi are contesting in a different party none of them will win, the highest Obi can get is majority votes but he can never get 25% in 24 states except Lagos state Obi will always struggle to get 25% In the remaining south western States same thing with core northern States.

166 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by Aufbauh(m): 4:05am On Mar 03, 2023
It is interestingly lugubrious how the PDP and LP are now accepting the fact that both of them are almost same and share same supporters.

Unfortunately their realization is coming so late and irreversible.
This salient fact of opposition vote splitting is what gave some of us the impetus to foresaw the imminent victory of Jagaban.

160 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by SpecialAdviser(m): 4:09am On Mar 03, 2023
Jealousy! Because he has been contesting and failing so many times and Obi just came and won.

Atiku and Tinubu, two notorious criminals

111 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by Faber(m): 4:09am On Mar 03, 2023
Make una free Obi na

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by papagiddy(m): 4:24am On Mar 03, 2023
Atiku just stated the reasons why APC won...it's that simple! ...obi really helped APC... We warned them, but it was as if something was pushing Obi...and now they are shouting..rigging up and down....This atiku just stated d facts..... Tinubu should just thank Obi for laboring for him!!!....Obi not wise fellow honestly!!

183 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by KanwuliaExtra: 4:24am On Mar 03, 2023
Please. . . . .GO TO COURT.
Simple.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by loosecanon50(m): 4:25am On Mar 03, 2023
See pot calling kettle black. Oga Atiku, how many times have you contested for president now? oops! I have lost count grin

Obi is not in a rush to become president, he’s in a rush to fix the mess you and your cohorts made of Nigeria.

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by Houseontherock1: 4:33am On Mar 03, 2023
papagiddy:
Atiku just stated the reasons why APC won...it's that simple! ...obi really helped APC... We warned them, but it was as if something was pushing Obi...and now they are shouting..rigging up and down....This atiku just stated d facts..... Tinubu should just thank Obi for laboring for him!!!....Obi not wise fellow honestly!!
Indeed, pride and desperation pushed him. Like his followers, he has no ounce of patience and zero negotiation skills. No friendship beyond his region, unlike Asiwaju and Atiku

122 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by KanwuliaExtra: 4:39am On Mar 03, 2023
He has the right to "RUSH". . . .AS TIME IS OF THE "ESSENCE".

Nigeria has to stop bleeding from the socio-economic pitchforks of 'POLITICAL PEDOPHILES'.
I don't want to believe you are one of them sir. You know you are my 'deyddy', wink

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by ladiguy(m): 4:42am On Mar 03, 2023
Laggafin:
No... Atiku it's you and PDP that wounded the south East after more than 20 years of faithful allegiance to that party.. Karma is a bitch.. it will roast all back stabbers .. including that Agbado crooner whose certificate of return will still be returned to the people's president Peter Obi soon

Are you the dispatch rider to do the job? Mugu

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by Mindlog: 4:45am On Mar 03, 2023
" And I have always said that I will be a stepping stone to an Igbo Presidency".........As the John the Baptist that he is! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Atiku that cannot lead a movement but relies heavily on "structures" of throwing money around and PDP Governors who rigged on his behalf, wants to form boss on top Obi's head.😆😆😆

Same PDP that couldn't "crack" Lagos for 24 years, Obi did at first strike with the people behind him, not "structures'.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by madridguy(m): 4:47am On Mar 03, 2023
Only children of yesterday won't understand the simple arithmetics. Reno have said it that Obi will be the reason Jagaban will emerged as Nigeria president and Alhamdulilah today Asiwaju is Nigeria president elect.

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by Nobody: 4:59am On Mar 03, 2023
“We are ready to have a dialogue with him. I don’t think we will have any problem if he wants to have a dialogue with PDP either to form an alliance or not.”

[/quote]

This pig idiot bastards zombidiots are just to desperate for a leadership position good leaders are not supposed to that desperate only a stinky thief would want to be a president so badly

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by Bubu4Sea: 5:01am On Mar 03, 2023
kahal29:
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, on Thursday, said the presidential bid of his Labour Party, counterpart, Peter Obi is premature.

Atiku, who stated this while addressing a press conference in Abuja, insisted that he remained the stepping stone to the aspiration of the Igbo to produce Nigeria’s President.

He said, “When I ran in 2019, I picked an Igbo man as a running mate simply because I felt that after any other zone again, the next zone must be South-East. In 2011, I also picked another Igbo man. And in 2023, I also picked another Igbo man. And I have always said that I will be a stepping stone to an Igbo Presidency.

“Because there is no zone alone in this country that can produce a President on his own. I have always told my Igbo compatriots that you negotiate for power, you don’t fight for it.

“So, for anybody to think that I have anything against Labour Party, I think Peter (Obi) was in a rush. Do you know why I say he was in a rush?

“When the campaign started and our PDP governors said that they must produce the president among them, they must produce the vice-president among them, they must produce chief of staff amongst them, Peter got scared and left.

“I did not get scared, I stood up against the governors. When we formed the PDP some of them were perhaps in secondary school or in university.

“So, why should I be afraid and I stood up and fought them and I won the primaries.

“So, if he were there, nothing would have stopped him from becoming a running mate because I had the right of choosing who would be my running mate.

Speaking further, Atiku said Obi “wounded” his outing in the election by taking away the votes he would have gor from the South-East and South-South.

He also said his party was ready to have an alliance with the LP if Obi was willing.

“The question of whether I will work with Peter or not, or whether Peter wounded the PDP; yes, to some extent, he did because all the votes he carried were PDP votes in the South-South and the South-East. Agreed, he took our votes from the South-East and South-South, that, of course, will not make him President. You all know that to be President of this country, you need votes from everywhere. So, as far as I am concerned, Peter is welcome to have a dialogue with the PDP

Atiku go back to Cameroon

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by Wickedfacts: 5:05am On Mar 03, 2023
Obi has so uselessed himself in Pdp that Atiku is using him to wipe his asz.
Imagine an Obi who spent about 7 years in PDP claiming that he wants a new Nigeria.
Atiku has every right to drag that foolish crybaby by the scruff of the neck, even knock his head join.

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by beerfraud: 5:13am On Mar 03, 2023
Kashim Shettima and Wicked Wike for 2031

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by Nwodosis(m): 5:15am On Mar 03, 2023
It is only who riggs election that is in rush to become president.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by Nobody: 5:18am On Mar 03, 2023
Nigeria is worth more than the $170 million Yakobo sold it to the drug Barron

3 Likes

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by ademasta(m): 5:18am On Mar 03, 2023
grin
Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by egallo: 5:18am On Mar 03, 2023
Go get yours ooo

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by Aremwayne: 5:18am On Mar 03, 2023
Same Atiku that has been contesting even before I was born. grin

2 Likes

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by easytig(m): 5:19am On Mar 03, 2023
Na wa for obi sef,just allow wike do am strong thing for rivers sha.at least obi will focus on his beer business and leave the presidency for more qualified people to head.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by kenedy175(m): 5:19am On Mar 03, 2023
Ruggedniggaone:
Thats the fact! We should stop deceiving ourselves obi can't be President with south east and south south votes alone if election is conducted 10× as long as Atiku and Obi are contesting in a different party none of them will win, the highest Obi can get is majority votes but he can never get 25% in 24 states except Lagos state Obi will always struggle to get 25% In the remaining south western States same thing with core northern States.

If your basis of argument is based on the past election, then your reasoning is upside down

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by Wickedfacts: 5:19am On Mar 03, 2023
beerfraud:
Kashim Shettima and Wicked Wike for 2031

Hmmn.
Obidients will mix sniper with kerosene o

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by unclejb2(m): 5:19am On Mar 03, 2023
Oga Dubai,

You are supposed to have proceeded on permanent retirement this week immediately after the results were announced. You and Tinubu have no business with our future. Unfortunately, Tinubu is trying to force himself on Nigerians.

We are done with old corrupt politicians like you.

3 Likes

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by ddeola: 5:20am On Mar 03, 2023
The same feeling of entitlement. undecided undecided undecided

9 Likes

Re: Obi In A Rush To Be President, Says Atiku by 9jaChooseTinubu: 5:20am On Mar 03, 2023
Their can never be a right time for Obi.
We the Nigerian youths would always reject him. Igbos cannot instill their project on us

40 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari: "I Am Eager To Leave Office, I Want To Focus On My Farms" / Is N488 The New Official Price Of Fuel? (NNPC Station In Lagos) / Lt. Mukhtar, A Soldier Killed In An Ambush By Boko Haram Members Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.