Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,433 members, 7,850,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:49 AM

The bigoted attacks on Chinedu Gbadebo Rhodes….. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The bigoted attacks on Chinedu Gbadebo Rhodes….. (726 Views)

Chinedu Gbadebo High On Drugs On TV?. Video. / Gbadebo Rhodes-vivour Pays Visit To The Ooni Of Ife / Lagos Gubernatorial:what nigerians needs to know about chinedu Gbadebo Rhodes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The bigoted attacks on Chinedu Gbadebo Rhodes….. by GCFRin2034: 6:27am On Mar 03, 2023
Bigotry is a product of a low IQ. If you’re intelligent, you should know he’s too much of a lightweight to have a serious chance against a seasoned administrator and polished politician like Sanwo Olu.

In my personal opinion , Labour Party made a mistake fielding him for governorship of Lagos State. He would’ve been better off contesting for a seat in the State House of Assembly. Maybe in the federal HOR , but even for that I’m not fully convinced. Obviously he’s ambitious as he has already contested for senatorial seat under PDP back in 2019 but I don’t see anything wrong in starting from the HOR or even the State House of Assembly.

I don’t think Sanwo Olu is bothered . Voters are not stupid . If they have a one -on-one debate, I think Sanwo Olu will decimate him . Infact I believe Sanwo-Olu would be happy that this is his main opponent.

What I find hilarious is how myopic some people are . Those who are constituting themselves into a nuisance on nairaland because they think Sanwo-Olu’s seat is actually threatened are very delusional. They conveniently overlook the fact that the recent Labour Party victory in Lagos was for the presidential position. They also overlook the fact that it wasn’t just igbos that voted. Yorubas and other tribes also turned out in massive numbers to support Peter Obi.

In the same election, the senatorial and HOR results for Lagos turned out very differently as APC candidates swept almost all . Labour had won just 3. So it means that most of those who voted Peter Obi for president actually voted APC for senatorial/HOR. Or did labour not field candidates for those seats ? If they didn’t field any , then I stand corrected.

Like I said earlier , voters, especially southern voters are enlightened. For example, in Eti-Osa local government which comprises ikoyi and Victoria island where the richest, the elite, the cream of the Nigeria high society and some of the most educated Nigerians live, where Tinubu lives as well , right there was where he received one of his biggest defeats by margins amongst all the LGAs in Lagos.

Or it only Igbos that live in Ikoyi and V.I ?

So Lagos voters are not stupid . They voted correctly in the presidential election , they will vote Sanwo Olu because he has been an energetic and responsive governor and is the right man for the job.

If you’re smart, you should know this . But I’ve noticed that bigotry and intellectual deficiency usually go hand-in-hand. Infact , the bigotry will only provoke some people into voting him out of anger.

P.S this is not intended to be an attack on GRV’s competence and acumen. I duly apologize if it’s interpreted as such. I appreciate his activism and charitable efforts especially on the issue of genetically modified foods. I just feel there’s more that needs to be on the resume of anyone who wants to govern Africa’s largest city.
Re: The bigoted attacks on Chinedu Gbadebo Rhodes….. by zeuss: 6:34am On Mar 03, 2023
He will do better than Obi who had no structures and only internet followers.
Re: The bigoted attacks on Chinedu Gbadebo Rhodes….. by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 03, 2023
The Gbadebo guy looks very scary, there’s something off about him that I can’t really place. He looks very much like a womanizer, typical Yoruba demon. Though he’s more preferable than Sanwo Olu

2 Likes

Re: The bigoted attacks on Chinedu Gbadebo Rhodes….. by Prince16: 6:40am On Mar 03, 2023
"The bigoted attacks"?
Typical hypocrical....
Now gbadebo chinedu is d victim y'all.
cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The bigoted attacks on Chinedu Gbadebo Rhodes….. by Nobody: 6:43am On Mar 03, 2023
🤣
True. The boy goes no where!

4 Likes

Re: The bigoted attacks on Chinedu Gbadebo Rhodes….. by Pierocash(m): 7:17am On Mar 03, 2023
The only thing keeping sanwo olu after May 29 is Inec rigging and coup against the Nigeria masses.

Leave the guy 1 on 1 with sanwo olu and see how sanwo Olu will be beating with technical knock out from round one.

Even Tinubu was merciless beating by Obi and Nigerians until inec went rogue on Nigerians.
Re: The bigoted attacks on Chinedu Gbadebo Rhodes….. by limeta(f): 7:56am On Mar 03, 2023
I don’t think Sanwo Olu is bothered . Voters are not stupid . If they have a one -on-one debate, I think Sanwo Olu will decimate him . Infact I believe Sanwo-Olu would be happy that this is his main opponent.

You guys just keep moving the goal post
I dont remember Tinubu having a one to one debate

1 Like

Re: The bigoted attacks on Chinedu Gbadebo Rhodes….. by Ballmer: 8:04am On Mar 03, 2023
How do you talk about bigotry when the guy can not even speak Yoruba properly add that to being an ipob member or supporter.

We are talking about an intending Lagos govenror, such act should at worse be hidden.

GCFRin2034:

1 Like

Re: The bigoted attacks on Chinedu Gbadebo Rhodes….. by GCFRin2034: 2:58pm On Mar 03, 2023
Ballmer:
How do you talk about bigotry when the guy can not even speak Yoruba properly add that to being an ipob member or supporter.

We are talking about an intending Lagos govenror, such act should at worse be hidden.

You clearly did not read what I wrote . Which kinda proves my point .

(1) (Reply)

Former Militant Egberipapa Warned INEC And Wike Over Rivers Election / "Igbo Ethnic Group Is Not Political Party, Lagos APC Leave Us Alone"—Group Warns / H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.