Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide (12457 Views)

Buruji Kashamu Threathens To Commit Suicide / Don’t Commit Suicide Over Boko Haram , Sambo Mocks Buhari / He Would Rather Kill Himself Than Commit Suicide to Miss GMB's Benin City Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by olawalebabs(m): 1:53pm On Sep 14, 2011
Another One Fom The First Lady

"I will rather kill myself than to commit suicide" - Dame Patience Jonathan.

she made the statement when reacting to question on way to tackle the Boko Haram insurgence.
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by kokoA(m): 2:20pm On Sep 14, 2011
grin silly boy! grin grin grin
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by philip0906(m): 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2011
bia if this is a joke stop it. . . grin grin grin
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by Fhemmmy: 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2011
Lol . . . i beg leave our deal Mama Nigeria oh . . .English is not her first language
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by blacksta(m): 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2011
Abeg no wonjure me laughter, grin
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by Demdem(m): 2:48pm On Sep 14, 2011
grin grin grin grin so funny.
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by SisiKill1: 3:04pm On Sep 14, 2011
You people clearly don't understand what the Dame is trying to say because you obviously lack understanding of what the first Lady is saying. This usually happens with people who think they are smart because they are brilliant. . . I gotta tell ya, this obvious contempt for the Dame is a glaring disrespect to her person.

She is saying that she would rather kill herself than commit suicide, how's that a hard concept to grasps? In the former, YOU KILL YOURSELF and in the latter ONE COMMITS SUICIDE. . . Get it??!!

I hope you all change your ways because it is better to be an Intelligent person than a Brilliant human being.
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by blacksta(m): 3:11pm On Sep 14, 2011
Or maybe she meant - Rather than been manipulated to become a suicide bomber , she would rather kill herself
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by olawalebabs(m): 3:18pm On Sep 14, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

You people clearly don't understand what the Dame is trying to say because you obviously lack understanding of what the first Lady is saying. This usually happens with people who think they are smart because they are brilliant. . . I gotta tell ya, this obvious contempt for the Dame is a glaring disrespect to her person.

She is saying that she would rather kill herself than commit suicide, how's that a hard concept to grasps? In the former, YOU KILL YOURSELF and in the latter ONE COMMITS SUICIDE. . . Get it??!!

I hope you all change your ways because it is better to be Intelligent person than a Brilliant human being.
what is the difference between killing oneself and committing suicide

1 Like

Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by kokoA(m): 3:19pm On Sep 14, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

I hope you all change your ways because it is better to be Intelligent person than a Brilliant human being.

meaning?
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by SisiKill1: 3:22pm On Sep 14, 2011
olawalebab:

what is the difference between killing oneself and committing suicide
kokoA:

meaning?

Are you guys serious??!! 

Gosh!! I am so shocked right now, you could very well say I am in shock!!!
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by Plutarch: 3:36pm On Sep 14, 2011
So its true. A guy that follows Dame Jonathan sent it to me ystday. What is it about woman? Anyway i dont like listening to her 'cos she cant add to me.

@Sisi_kill,
U describe urself perfectly with what u wrote. I dont think there is any difference btween u n dame. U sound like a typical product of our failed educational system. Whatz d diff btw 'kill myself' n suicide. With less than 1k u can a dictionary
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 14, 2011
The exchange between Sisi-kill, olawaleab and kokoA is even funnier than Dame's suicidal grammar.

Why is it difficult for people to identify 'sarcasm' in Nigeria? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 14, 2011
Seriously, however, I believe this is fabricated. I don't believe she said it.
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by kokoA(m): 3:53pm On Sep 14, 2011
Jarus:

The exchange between Sisi-kill, olawaleab and kokoA is even funnier than Dame's suicidal grammar.

Why is it difficult for people to identify 'sarcasm' in Nigeria? grin

lwkmd grin grin Na harsh economy the cause am
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by nateevs(m): 3:56pm On Sep 14, 2011
Is Sisi not joking? I thought it was clear that was pure sarcasm.
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by olawalebabs(m): 4:13pm On Sep 14, 2011
kokoA:

lwkmd grin grin Na harsh economy the cause am
grin grin
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by OmoTier1(m): 4:17pm On Sep 14, 2011
she can set the WR as the first First lady bumper cool cool , Akoka grama skool
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by phantom(m): 4:20pm On Sep 14, 2011
epic!, grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by okadaman2: 4:24pm On Sep 14, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

I hope you all change your ways because it is better to be an Intelligent person than a Brilliant human being.

Nice phrasing and wordplay here sisi grin

Totally love it!
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by olawalebabs(m): 4:25pm On Sep 14, 2011
Doctorate holder Patience Jonathan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patience_Jonathan
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 14, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Abeg who is more stuupid between you and mrs jonathan ? I think she's got more sense that you to have tried to find another term for killing oneself !
Killing oneself = suicide [ either by bomb or otapiapia ]
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by olawalebabs(m): 4:30pm On Sep 14, 2011
I believe Sisi is just trying to make fun of the situation
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 14, 2011
Kweke grin grin grin grin
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 14, 2011
Na wa o.

Imagine how people don't understand simple sarcasm here. This appears more dangerous than Dame's AK47
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by dapachez: 5:14pm On Sep 14, 2011
As much as she has messed up,stop tarnishing her image cos she didn't make that statement it was one of the blunders made by some people from uganda.read the quotes below,the one attributed to her is the last.Sorry peeps! I just can't help bt send dis
WHO SAID EDUCATION WASN'T GOOD FOR US?All these from some Ugandan communities

>From a Limpopo High School, grammar teacher: "The girl goes to school, goesn't she?

>From Brits, somewhere in Rabokala High School teacher: "Both of you three come here!"
>An irritated Soshanguve primary School teacher to a student: "Tomorrow I want you to come with your father, your mother and both your parents!".

>On seeing twins enter his office, the deputy principal of Lepelle high School at Marblehall said:" You look together; are you twice, who is copying who?

>Notice at a store in Mothutlung: "Open seven days a week and weekends"

>Sipho admonished two boys who were arguing:"Don't speak so twice together, man, Speak once upon a time!"

>My favourite remains what Julius Malema said:
"I would rather kill myself than commit suicide"(y)=Dcheesy=))
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 14, 2011
Oh, My God, Now I'm beginning to think this should actually be in the jokes section, this is hilarious!!!
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by kokoA(m): 5:40pm On Sep 14, 2011
dapachez:

As much as she has messed up,stop tarnishing her image cos she didn't make that statement it was one of the blunders made by some people from uganda.read the quotes below,the one attributed to her is the last.Sorry peeps! I just can't help bt send dis

>From a Limpopo High School, grammar teacher: "The girl goes to school, goesn't she?

>From Brits, somewhere in Rabokala High School teacher: "Both of you three come here!"
>An irritated Soshanguve primary School teacher to a student: "Tomorrow I want you to come with your father, your mother and both your parents!".

>On seeing twins enter his office, the deputy principal of Lepelle high School at Marblehall said:" You look together; are you twice, who is copying who?

>Sipho admonished two boys who were arguing:"Don't speak so twice together, man, Speak once upon a time!"

Oh my God! lwkmd for office oooo grin grin
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by Odunnu: 6:42pm On Sep 14, 2011
dapachez:

I couldnt stop laffing after this. . . Are you sure it wasnt a Nigerian business man who made that? Gawd!!! ". . . and weekends" (foe emphasis) Choooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by blacksta(m): 8:31pm On Sep 14, 2011
Gej special

Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by gists: 8:55pm On Sep 14, 2011
I beg, leave sisi mi alone. She should be a stand-up comedian.

As for madam dame. . . . . . . speechless
Re: I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide by phantom(m): 10:28pm On Sep 14, 2011
In the aftermath of the abuja un bomb blasts she said 'i thank all the doctors and nurses for responding to treatment' ,

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Puts Aregbesola Under Security Watch Over Alleged Secession Plot / Ikpeazu To Commission Eziukwu Road, Milverton Avenue, Ojike Lane Aba / Pantami Threatens To Sue Daily Independent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.