Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Questions For Atheists? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Atheists? (1096 Views)

Questions For Atheists ( Answer your easiest 5) / Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists / Questions For Atheists!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions For Atheists? by ayox2003: 6:06pm On Sep 14, 2011
Can u consider this questions critically and have a re-think towards ur Maker- God.

If humans evolved from chimpanzees, why are chimpanzees still around?

The Big slam Theory proposes that everything in the Universe started from something called singularity which is smaller than an atom. How can you stuff everything in the universe in that? It's hard enough to stuff four suitcases in the trunk of your car!

If women were not created from Adam's rib, why is it that men have one fewer rib than women?

How do scientists know stars are "millions of light years away"? Have they been there and back? Do they have a tape measure that stretchs that long?

Scientists say all our genetic information is coded on DNA. But DNA is an acid! How can you write information in acid? You can write information on a hard drive, but not a liquid!

People have been wearing clothes for thousands of years. Why haven't our bodies evolved natural clothes that come out of our skin then?

If there really are millions and millions of species, then how could have Adam named them all? Obviously, there's not that many species then! (Gen 2:18-22)

If our brains are just a mishmash of biochemistry, how come chemicals like gasoline or bug spray can't think?

Einstein said that if you approach the speed of light, time slows down. Once you hit the speed of light, time stops. If that is so, how come light can travel from point A to point B if time is stopped for light?

Did you know that the Bible has been the number one bestseller almost every single year since the 1436 invention of the Gutenberg printing press?

If God does not exist, then from where comes humanity's universal moral sense?

If man is nothing but the random arrangement of molecules, what motivates you to care and to live honorably in the world?

Can you explain how personality could have ever evolved from the impersonal, or how order could have ever resulted from chaos?

How can something as small as a brain understand extremely complicated aspects of the universe, even though it is (supposedly) just a bunch of chemical reactions and electrical signals? But at the same time, this brain can’t create another brain like itself, so how can nature, that has no brain, create a brain?

Everyone knows Mount Rushmore was the result of intelligent design. Do you think the human body is the result of intelligent design?

When you look at a lot of creatures such as zebras, turtles, butterflies, bees, lady bugs, leopards, etc., you will notice amazing color patterns designed into them. Who came up with those? Does nature have a “taste” in colors , and does it know which colors go together nicely?

How do you account for the origin of life considering the irreducible complexity of its essential components?

Is it possible that your unbelief in God is actually an unwillingness to submit to Him?

Does your present worldview provide you with an adequate sense of meaning and purpose?

How do you explain the radically changed lives of so many Christian believers down through history?

Are you aware that every alleged Bible contradiction has been answered in an intelligible and credible manner?

What do you say about the hundreds of scholarly books that carefully document the veracity and reliability of the Bible?

Why and how has the Bible survived and even flourished in spite of centuries of worldwide attempts to destroy and ban its message?

Have you ever considered the fact that Christianity is the only religion whose leader is said to have risen from the dead?

How do you explain the empty tomb of Jesus in light of all the evidence that has now proven essentially irrefutable for twenty centuries?

If every effect has a cause, then what or who caused the universe?

How do you explain the thousands of people who have experienced heaven or hell and have come back to tell us about it?

How do you explain the countless people who have received miracles from God?

Is there any evidence that would satisfy you and persuade you to become a believer, or are you just going to believe what you WANT to believe?

There is heaven and hell. There is God! Jesus is the son of God. I was once a non-beleiver but I must confess that since I gave my life to Christ, I have been experiencing peace that passes all understanding. Do the same and u wont remain the same.
Re: Questions For Atheists? by thehomer: 6:59pm On Sep 14, 2011
ayox2003:

Can u consider this questions critically and have a re-think towards your Maker- God.

If humans evolved from chimpanzees, why are chimpanzees still around?

The Big slam Theory proposes that everything in the Universe started from something called singularity which is smaller than an atom. How can you stuff everything in the universe in that? It's hard enough to stuff four suitcases in the trunk of your car!

If women were not created from Adam's rib, why is it that men have one fewer rib than women?

How do scientists know stars are "millions of light years away"? Have they been there and back? Do they have a tape measure that stretchs that long?

Scientists say all our genetic information is coded on DNA. But DNA is an acid! How can you write information in acid? You can write information on a hard drive, but not a liquid!

People have been wearing clothes for thousands of years. Why haven't our bodies evolved natural clothes that come out of our skin then?

If there really are millions and millions of species, then how could have Adam named them all? Obviously, there's not that many species then! (Gen 2:18-22)

If our brains are just a mishmash of biochemistry, how come chemicals like gasoline or bug spray can't think?

Einstein said that if you approach the speed of light, time slows down. Once you hit the speed of light, time stops. If that is so, how come light can travel from point A to point B if time is stopped for light?

Did you know that the Bible has been the number one bestseller almost every single year since the 1436 invention of the Gutenberg printing press?

If God does not exist, then from where comes humanity's universal moral sense?

If man is nothing but the random arrangement of molecules, what motivates you to care and to live honorably in the world?

Can you explain how personality could have ever evolved from the impersonal, or how order could have ever resulted from chaos?

How can something as small as a brain understand extremely complicated aspects of the universe, even though it is (supposedly) just a bunch of chemical reactions and electrical signals? But at the same time, this brain can’t create another brain like itself, so how can nature, that has no brain, create a brain?

Everyone knows Mount Rushmore was the result of intelligent design. Do you think the human body is the result of intelligent design?

When you look at a lot of creatures such as zebras, turtles, butterflies, bees, lady bugs, leopards, etc., you will notice amazing color patterns designed into them. Who came up with those? Does nature have a “taste” in colors , and does it know which colors go together nicely?

How do you account for the origin of life considering the irreducible complexity of its essential components?

Is it possible that your unbelief in God is actually an unwillingness to submit to Him?

Does your present worldview provide you with an adequate sense of meaning and purpose?

How do you explain the radically changed lives of so many Christian believers down through history?

Are you aware that every alleged Bible contradiction has been answered in an intelligible and credible manner?

What do you say about the hundreds of scholarly books that carefully document the veracity and reliability of the Bible?

Why and how has the Bible survived and even flourished in spite of centuries of worldwide attempts to destroy and ban its message?

Have you ever considered the fact that Christianity is the only religion whose leader is said to have risen from the dead?

How do you explain the empty tomb of Jesus in light of all the evidence that has now proven essentially irrefutable for twenty centuries?

If every effect has a cause, then what or who caused the universe?

How do you explain the thousands of people who have experienced heaven or hell and have come back to tell us about it?

How do you explain the countless people who have received miracles from God?

Is there any evidence that would satisfy you and persuade you to become a believer, or are you just going to believe what you WANT to believe?

There is heaven and hell. There is God! Jesus is the son of God. I was once a non-beleiver but I must confess that since I gave my life to Christ, I have been experiencing peace that passes all understanding. Do the same and u wont remain the same.

This form of arguing by presenting lots of questions is what we call a "Gish Gallop". Why don't you pick what you consider to be the three strongest questions that you think are best answered by introducing God so the discussion can proceed from there?
Re: Questions For Atheists? by mazaje(m): 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2011
ayox2003:

You are not asking questions you are just deluding yourself because women and men have the SAME number of ribs. . . .
Re: Questions For Atheists? by KAG: 7:59pm On Sep 14, 2011
Ha ha ha. Those are from Landover Baptist, aren't they? Very good. Carry on.
Re: Questions For Atheists? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 14, 2011
KAG:

Ha ha ha. Those are from Landover Baptist, aren't they? Very good. Carry on.

Lol, the guy HAS to be a troll!

WTF?
Re: Questions For Atheists? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 14, 2011
@theHomer
Why do you bother to answer when it is obvious he isn't out to learn or be enlightened. I chose to be an atheist not because I followed what people said but due to what I observed and learnt and I continually yearn for more knowledge.
Re: Questions For Atheists? by jayriginal: 11:19pm On Sep 14, 2011
@OP your jumble of questions make it unlikely that you will receive an answer. You dont seem to have carefully thought out your post.
Anyway, here is a start. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-758083.0.html (FAQ for atheists)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-757847.0.html (on the nature of proof)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-758572.0.html (on evolution and the improbability of god). Some of your questions are assumptions. It would serve you better if you actually knew what you were debating. Read these links and come back here and engage anybody. The discussion is bound to be more coherent in the long run.
Re: Questions For Atheists? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:31am On Sep 15, 2011
why do you guys even bother the content and quality of the post should have be warning enough that this n00bie is a recent convert hence this socially degrading tasks of engaging atheists grin
Re: Questions For Atheists? by EvilBrain1(m): 10:06am On Sep 15, 2011
@OP

There is so much rètardation in your post that I don't even know how to respond. Most of your questions don't make any sense. Its almost as if you learnt all your science from a creationist pamphlet.

Let me just answer the first one. First off, nobody says that humans evolved from chimps. That is called a strawman argument meaning you first twist what your opponent is saying to something else, then argue against the twisted version. What scientists believe is that humans and chimps evolved from a common ancestor. Our family tree branched about 5-6million years ago. Common chimps and bonobos are the surviving descendants of that second line while the extinct australopithecines, neanderthals and Homo habilis were from our side.

We've found plenty of bones from creatures that have features of both humans and apes from around the time the split occured. Chimpanzees are more similar to us than most people know. They can make and use tools, can learn to communicate effectively using sign language, and have even been known to drive cars. Plus 99.4% of chimp protein forming DNA is completely identical with ours, more than we share with any other creature.

Some scientists actually consider humans to be "the third chimpanzee" and have suggested merging the genuses Pan and Homo. Its never going to happen of course for political and religious reasons, but the logic behind it is sound. If we classified people according to the same standard that we did other animals, chimps would be Homo trogloides or we'd be Pan sapiens.
Re: Questions For Atheists? by ayox2003: 6:08pm On Sep 15, 2011
My ''educated'' dudes, Thanks for all what u have said above. I dont need to tell u how real God is. I know the reality of His presence and the manifestations of His presence will urge u to beleive in Him and follow hard after Him. Even as I do today. Every man must choose his world. If we who follow Christ, with all the facts before us and knowing what we are about, deliberately choose the Kingdom of God as our sphere of interest I see no reason why anyone should object. If we lose by it, the loss is our own; if we gain we rob no one by so doing.
Re: Questions For Atheists? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 15, 2011
@ayox2003
We should be the one saying what you wrote. You asked a series of questions for atheist and we have answered a few of the reasonable questions. Why did you open the thread then if you aren't interested in the answers ?
Re: Questions For Atheists? by alaper: 10:59pm On Sep 15, 2011
Women having less ribs than men? shocked shocked This poster must be dumb!! Did you go to school at all?
Re: Questions For Atheists? by MichaelCE(m): 3:16pm On Sep 16, 2011
All you who mock God and refuse to accept the truth, there is a word the bible describes you as and that is 'FOOL'. But what I would like to add from my own point of view is that you are irresponsible and behave like a 'WANTON GOAT'. What is also alarming is how stupid you guys are but profess to be wise because you are imbibed with things of the world. You go about joking on things you know not about simply because you think you are enjoying life and will not be accountable to anyone. God is real and the reason why you are even alive is because He loved you into existence. All your pre-emptive naive conjugations are evidence that there is a void in you and for your information only God can fill that void.

So since you evolved from animals, into an intellectual being, what will happen to that spark when you finally come to the end of life? Or do you now consider that you, as an intellectual being are not that important and will fade away into non-existence? Yea right! You will have to face judgement and give account for every stupid and idle word you have spoken. If you knew Jesus, you would know that there is hope but if you don't and your life comes to the end of the rope, its to 'HELL' straight. There would no need to bother about judgement not to mention even seeing God's face. Just remember, the devil was cast down from heaven and he has seen God and been with God, you on the other hand would not even get the chance to see the very Holy One who gave you that spark, those eyes you have to see, the mouth you use to talk rubbish as well as stuff yourselves with food and drink.

If you want to give your life to Christ say this prayer: Dear Lord, I am a sinner. I have come to know the folly of my ways. I ask you to come into my heart, I repent of my sins, I make you my Lord and Personal saviour. (Then if you want to know more about Christ, I implore you to start with the book of John. It will reveal the truth to you)
Re: Questions For Atheists? by mantraa: 3:57pm On Sep 16, 2011
^^^^^
Atheists are not "mocking" your god. They just dont believe that he exists. Do you think it right to call people fools just because they dont share your theistic belief.
You are also an atheist about the thousands of other gods that people around the world believe in. Atheists just go one god further than you.

Do you really think it is helpful to label all hindus, muslims, jews, buddhists, atheists, etc and even our own ancesters fools. open your head to the big picture and you will see that the belief you hold so dear is an irrational and barbaric concept, forced upon us by slave traders hundreds of years ago to keep us in bondage.

Now that we have broken free from the iron chains its time to break free from the mental chains also. Just think a little deeper about the many thousands of different religions and different demoninations of those religions and you will understand that they cant all be right. than think about all the billions of people on this planet who have lived good lives but are not christian. Do you think they are all going to your 'loving' gods torture chamber.

Respects
Re: Questions For Atheists? by alaper: 7:59pm On Sep 16, 2011
mantraa:

^^^^^
Atheists are not "mocking" your god. They just dont believe that he exists. Do you think it right to call people fools just because they dont share your theistic belief.
You are also an atheist about the thousands of other gods that people around the world believe in. Atheists just go one god further than you.

Do you really think it is helpful to label all hindus, muslims, jews, buddhists, atheists, etc and even our own ancesters fools. open your head to the big picture and you will see that the belief you hold so dear is an irrational and barbaric concept, forced upon us by slave traders hundreds of years ago to keep us in bondage.

Now that we have broken free from the iron chains its time to break free from the mental chains also. Just think a little deeper about the many thousands of different religions and different demoninations of those religions and you will understand that they cant all be right. than think about all the billions of people on this planet who have lived good lives but are not christian. Do you think they are all going to your 'loving' gods torture chamber.

Respects

Well said. As at the last count UNESCO has counted four thousand five hundred (4500) gods currently being worshiped all over the world today. Thousands more have become extinct because they have run out of followers. Christianity and Islam have survived and are expanding because they have two things built into their practise: 1. Compulsory evangelism. and 2. Violence against those who don't agree with them, or who want to leave. Perfect combination!! It is the basis of the crusades of old, the inquisitions, and in Islam, Jihad, Fatuahs against ex-believers etc Thank godness we live in a secular country.
Re: Questions For Atheists? by jayriginal: 7:27am On Sep 17, 2011
MichaelCE:

All you who mock God and refuse to accept the truth, there is a word the bible describes you as and that is 'FOOL'. But what I would like to add from my own point of view is that you are irresponsible and behave like a 'WANTON GOAT'. What is also alarming is how silly you guys are but profess to be wise because you are imbibed with things of the world. You go about joking on things you know not about simply because you think you are enjoying life and will not be accountable to anyone. God is real and the reason why you are even alive is because He loved you into existence. All your pre-emptive naive conjugations are evidence that there is a void in you and for your information only God can fill that void.

So since you evolved from animals, into an intellectual being, what will happen to that spark when you finally come to the end of life? Or do you now consider that you, as an intellectual being are not that important and will fade away into non-existence? Yea right! You will have to face judgement and give account for every silly and idle word you have spoken. If you knew Jesus, you would know that there is hope but if you don't and your life comes to the end of the rope, its to 'HELL' straight. There would no need to bother about judgement not to mention even seeing God's face. Just remember, the devil was cast down from heaven and he has seen God and been with God, you on the other hand would not even get the chance to see the very Holy One who gave you that spark, those eyes you have to see, the mouth you use to talk rubbish as well as stuff yourselves with food and drink.

If you want to give your life to Christ say this prayer: Dear Lord, I am a sinner. I have come to know the folly of my ways. I ask you to come into my heart, I repent of my sins, I make you my Lord and Personal saviour. (Then if you want to know more about Christ, I implore you to start with the book of John. It will reveal the truth to you)

You are now in danger of hell according to Mathew 5:22.

What is a wanton goat ?

I appreciate the fact that you probably had no choice regarding your education until relatively late in life. Now that you are older and know that intelligence and learning are incompatible with your religion, we would take you more seriously if you burnt all your certificates and joined boko haram (or its christian equivalent).

That is all.

Thank you.
Re: Questions For Atheists? by MichaelCE(m): 3:24pm On Sep 17, 2011
I am on pathway to heaven and not hell. The bible rightly says that he who does not believe there is a God, is a fool. You don't want to accept the truth, that is your problem but I also think your minds are idle. (An idle mind is the devil's workshop) So you go on right ahead and keep jiving about in life and think to yourself that is the best way of spending your time but make sure you don't recount these words: 'Had I known?' when it is time to meet your maker. Or maybe screams as you are falling way deep into hell when your life is over. This truth I just shared with you, I did not need a certificate for it, it was an enlightenment in my mind and use of common sense.

Have a glorious day!
Re: Questions For Atheists? by jayriginal: 11:50pm On Sep 17, 2011
MichaelCE:

I am on pathway to heaven and not hell. The bible rightly says that he who does not believe there is a God, is a fool. You don't want to accept the truth, that is your problem but I also think your minds are idle. (An idle mind is the devil's workshop) So you go on right ahead and keep jiving about in life and think to yourself that is the best way of spending your time but make sure you don't recount these words: 'Had I known?' when it is time to meet your maker. Or maybe screams as you are falling way deep into hell when your life is over. This truth I just shared with you, I did not need a certificate for it, it was an enlightenment in my mind and use of common sense.

Have a glorious day!
Well you are going to hell also. The hell of Islam and the other religions you dont believe in.
I have been to heaven and hell. They are both here on earth and only experienced whilst living. Your bible says the dead know nothing.
Ecclesiastes 9:5-6
For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Psalm 104:29
Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.

Psalm 6:5
For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

1 Timothy 6:14-16
That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Psalm 146: 1-4

Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul.

While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.

Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

Psalm 115:17
The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.

Keep quaking in your boots my dear fellow and pride yourself in your holiness. Call me a heathen and condemn me if you will. Its no skin off my nose (sticks and stones).

I have quoted some scriptures and there are many more. Feel free to tell me they were all taken out of context.

(1) (Reply)

What Made You Think Your Religion Is The Right One. / God’s Anger At Sin As Narrated In The Book Of Romans. / Why God Has To Come In Human Form At All…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.