Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,915 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Is Gambling A Sin? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Gambling A Sin? (12814 Views)

Re: Is Gambling A Sin? / Is Gambling Evil? Then What Is Casting Of Lots? / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 2:04pm On Mar 12, 2023
Autobot05:
nor mind am
Naso them dey say smoking isn't a sin because it isn't written in the bible.
The reason smoking is not a sin has to do with the fact that Jesus Christ actually said that it is what you ingest that defiles you. He also said that you will drink poison and it will not harm you. undecided

Jesus Christ can't be right and you right at the same time. God's Law is quite logical and only those who, according to Him use the understanding they have -- process what He says logically -- will receive more understanding from Him whereas those who refuse to --- including those who rather add, change or remove from His Law -- will have even the little understanding they had taken away from them- Matthew 13 vs 12 & Mark 4 vs 22 - 24. undecided
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2023
titusmichael27:
■ You're probably seeing me as someone who is trying to argue with you on this topic , or your enemy. Seriously, I am not your enemy. There is a spirit that controls most of these things and trust me, gambling has a direct link with the devil. God has nothing to do with it. The devil is very wise, he has strategies, he gave them names and make them seems harmless in the society. A lot of people refer to it as business, some called it investment but deep down on your mind , the still small voice will always advice you to put a stop to it, because it will eventually destroy you.
■ Life is not a chance. We all have purpose in this life, money is not all that we came here for, so money shouldn't drive us insane. Judas Iscariot thought it was okay until it was too late to redeem himself from it. Lusting after money is a source of all these things.
1. I am afraid none of what you claim is of scripture. undecided

2. Purpose in Life? I am afraid that idea was sold you by your pastors and mogs. There is no set purpose for all men. Instead God allows men to choose for themselves which path they will take in life. That God chose to use the path chosen by Judas for his own life for the purpose of His Will does not then mean that the life of Judas was purposed by God. Don't confused the two in any way. undecided
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:30pm On Mar 12, 2023
Brooktrader:

God did not tell you gambling is a sin. Na una dey postulate am so.
He's just pointed the probable adverse effects of gambling because it's human nature to want more. Not many can survive it.

1 Corinthians 10:23
All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient:

So.. when God told you in Proverb 22:7 that; "The rich rules over the poor, And the borrower is servant to the lender"

Does that mean you shouldn't borrow? Haba na
You're only being told of the probable adverse effects should you borrow.

Prostitution is a sin
Corruption is stealing; sin
Selling drugs (depending on who's selling)
The bible clearly states these.

Greedy people will not inherit God's kingdom
Gambling is fueled by greed for money that does not belong to you as you hope that people lose and the love of money. It is against the contentment the Bible encourages
Jesus said we should guard against every form of greed
Gambling is a sin in God's eyes
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:32pm On Mar 12, 2023
Autobot05:
nor mind am
Naso them dey say smoking isn't a sin because it isn't written in the bible.

I tell them
If confused, ask yourself what Jesus would have done and be honest
Will you see Jesus allowing smoke to reek from his mouth or marching to bet9ja shop and praying he wins so he can use 100 naira to chop 10.million
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:34pm On Mar 12, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

In business you buy and sell visible goods Sir! smiley

He does not know what business is
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by webizone(m): 2:42pm On Mar 12, 2023
Omo since I dey try market things online and also affiliate marketing, people no gree buy. I just dey lose money for advertising. Therefore, I think online marketing is a sin.
True story. Same logic.

1 Like

Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by Connected1: 2:43pm On Mar 12, 2023
BigYash:
Use jazz to win sport bet? cheesy You're a comedian my gee
Where are you from?

You don't know people use Juju in winning games.

See this one 😆
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 2:44pm On Mar 12, 2023
webizone:
Omo since I dey try market things online and also affiliate marketing, people no gree buy. I just dey lose money for advertising. Therefore, I think online marketing is a sin.
True story. Same logic.
This, sadly, is pretty much how many of your Christian doctrines regarding sin are formulated, even by those like the Op. They take their personal failures and concoct sins of them which they then teach at being of God. undecided
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by webizone(m): 2:52pm On Mar 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This, sadly, is pretty much how many of your Christian doctrines regarding sin are formulated, even by those like the Op. They take their personal failures and concoct sins of them which they then teach at being of God. undecided

The truth is that before you master anything, the process that you will go through to achieve it is not for everybody. I know wetin I went through before I master securities. But today, I am very comfortable and I can scale.

And you see that online marketing I said above? I suck so bad at it true true, and I know I am going to struggle to achieve it. But once I do, that source of income ba, fit pay me wetin salary no fit pay me in a year in a week.

Meanwhile, my bets are going to generate the funds I need to keep experimenting.

Even after achieving marketing, I am going for something else to add to my skills.

Yep, that kind of life is not for everybody.
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by millionboi2: 3:59pm On Mar 12, 2023
immanuelsize:

does having a share in a company whereby you will be in your house and your money will be increasing, is it a sin?
it can also be decreasing
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by Billyanger(m): 4:30pm On Mar 12, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

See funny justification. Forex and all those shitty games are Frauds designed to steal the earnings of simple people.

So people are just contributing to their own poverty in their bid to make a gain they did not work for hiding under the lie of "let your money work for you".

Is money a living thing that it should work?

No matter how hard you try, it will be hard to change this person’s mindset. He comfortably justifies gambling. Smh!

Aside Wetin bible talk… does it take an extra smart person to know that gambling is evil?
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by Billyanger(m): 4:32pm On Mar 12, 2023
webizone:

The truth is that before you master anything, the process that you will go through to achieve it is not for everybody. I know wetin I went through before I master securities. But today, I am very comfortable and I can scale.

And you see that online marketing I said above? I suck so bad at it true true, and I know I am going to struggle to achieve it. But once I do, that source of income ba, fit pay me wetin salary no fit pay me in a year in a week.

Meanwhile, my bets are going to generate the funds I need to keep experimenting.

Even after achieving marketing, I am going for something else to add to my skills.

Yep, that kind of life is not for everybody.

Not trying to be pessimistic but call me bastard if eno end in tears.
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by SeniorMan715(m): 4:33pm On Mar 12, 2023
Is forex trading, crypto, stock exchange market, buying of shares a sin. ?
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by webizone(m): 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2023
Billyanger:

Not trying to be pessimistic but call me bastard if eno end in tears.

Bastard.

1 Like

Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by millionboi2: 4:53pm On Mar 12, 2023
immanuelsize:

yes, i won't deny it. I'm a gambler and i do win from it. Just like yesterday, i used #1,700 and won #40,300. And i'm certain that i will win today again.
you can't be certain men
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by webizone(m): 4:53pm On Mar 12, 2023
Before people go think I insulted the guy above. I no insult am o. He gave conditions to fulfill for himself to believe and I did. The stuff has already been done and I have been victorious.
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by webizone(m): 4:55pm On Mar 12, 2023
millionboi2:
you can't be certain men

Not that he's certain of the result but his calculated risk is within his means.
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2023
webizone:
Before people go think I insulted the guy above. I no insult am o. He gave conditions to fulfill for himself to believe and I did. The stuff has already been done and I have been victorious.

Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by millionboi2: 5:12pm On Mar 12, 2023
webizone:

Not that he's certain of the result but his calculated risk is within his means.
No game is certain xpt d one already played
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by webizone(m): 5:17pm On Mar 12, 2023
millionboi2:
No game is certain xpt d one already played

And you are correct. 💯

2 Likes

Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 12, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

In business you buy and sell visible goods Sir! smiley

Tell me anyone trading that wants his fellow traders to make more profits than him, sir. Or any trader, no matter how much he's sold in a day, would direct a customer to a nearby shop to buy an item he has in stock.

1 Like

Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:02pm On Mar 12, 2023
Billyanger:

No matter how hard you try, it will be hard to change this person’s mindset. He comfortably justifies gambling. Smh!

Aside Wetin bible talk… does it take an extra smart person to know that gambling is evil?

Evil doers always try to defend their evil deings. They do not know that justification comes from God who has Law'd it that "He will not justify the wicked" Exodus 23:7 which is why no matter how they desperately try to defend their evil, it would not stand.
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by BigYash: 6:21pm On Mar 12, 2023
Connected1:

Where are you from?

See this one 😆
Has it worked for you before? Have you gone to any location before, and the baba ,prophet or alpha give you game and it won? I don't believe on " dem say" I believe in practicals and when I say e no dey work,I know what I am talking about..
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by OKOSISIBF: 6:24pm On Mar 12, 2023
Savechild23:
I am ardent Christian but I disagree based on ur reference. Ur first quote was that gambling is based on greed but that’s the target of all business man, to maximize profits. U also said that ur gain is another man’s loss, hell yea! In football or political positions, one man must step down for another to climb!
Pls, gambling is based on analyzing statistics and making us of information with time so shift. Just made cool thousands last night and this morning from what u call gambling, I call it business from the comfort of my house!
let me send you an ✉️, I need some of your tips please
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:33pm On Mar 12, 2023
elnegrodeafriqu:

Tell me anyone trading that wants his fellow traders to make more profits than him, sir. Or any trader, no matter how much he's sold in a day, would direct a customer to a nearby shop to buy an item he has in stock.
That's what business is all about some makes more sales than others due to time and chances that determines when the customers arive, how customers thinks, what attracts them and their feelings. Ecclesiastes 9:11
The favoured do employ those who are not it's still buying, selling, distribution of goods and services not gambling! smiley
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by Connected1: 6:35pm On Mar 12, 2023
BigYash:
Has it worked for you before? Have you gone to any location before, and the baba ,prophet or alpha give you game and it won? I don't believe on " dem say" I believe in practicals and when I say e no dey work,I know what I am talking about..
Are you based in Delta?

Make I carry you go location.

If you don't believe it doesn't mean it doesn't work, okay.

Life is bigger than you think.
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:37pm On Mar 12, 2023
SeniorMan715:
Is forex trading, crypto, stock exchange market, buying of shares a sin. ?
MaxInDHouse:

It's gain and loss are determined through normal marketing system that's going on in the world?
So business is business not gambling.
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:59pm On Mar 12, 2023
CosmicJames:

You did not answer the question

I did by showing you the companies whose shares they claimed where the best and most profitable whose supposed shareholders got nothing.

Where did all their monies go? Into the holders pockets.
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by OKOSISIBF: 7:04pm On Mar 12, 2023
Connected1:

Where are you from?

See this one 😆
where please
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by BigYash: 7:32pm On Mar 12, 2023
Connected1:

Are you based in Delta?

Make I carry you go location.

If you don't believe it doesn't mean it doesn't work, okay.

Life is bigger than you think.
I wish na when I dey asaba. I for fall in your area,make we locate the location. Cux I love practicals .. But I dey far from SS now..
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by ejimatic: 8:13pm On Mar 12, 2023
Dollarseeker:
Gambling may mean a different thing to you.
sport betting is not a sin. if sports betting is a sin, then forex trading, crypto, stock exchange market, buying of shares etc will also be a sin.

God hates getting drunk but that does not mean that God hates drinking.
I want to use this opportunity to ask why Nairaland has not allowed me to comment on the political plartform? Am I Tinubu or Obi or Atiku? What have done wrong? I look at this unjustafiable action as an infringement on my fundamental human right and demand an apology from Nairaland for this infraction.
Re: Is Gambling A Sin? by Connected1: 8:25pm On Mar 12, 2023
OKOSISIBF:
where please
Warri/Ughelli

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Any Pastor Who Can’t Control His Libido Shouldn’t Go Near Pulpit — Yakubu Pam / What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? / Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.