Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP (3927 Views)

Photos As Fayose Returns From China Today Afternoon / Pictures Of Governor's House Built By Former Ekiti Governor / I Am The Next Ekiti Governor —fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by OAM4J: 2:26am On Sep 15, 2011
[size=13pt]Fayose returns to PDP[/size]

[img]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/thumbnail.php?file=Fayose_returns_758379890.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

Former Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose yesterday returned to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

He was given PDP Card No. 4619857 and Ward Registration No. 841 at the party’s secretariat in Afao-Araromi ward by the Ward Chairman, Chief Olaiya Abiola.
Fayose also declared his intention to contest the seat of the party’s National Vice-Chairman next year.

Lamenting that no Ekiti PDP member had ever been elected into the position, he said he has the wherewithal to occupy the seat. Fayose said: “Osun State has occupied the position three times, but no Ekiti man has ever been elected as even National Secretary. It is time for us to fight for our own fair share in the PDP and this we are going to achieve if we are together.”

He said he returned to the PDP to restore its glory in Ekiti and the Southwest. Fayose left the PDP in a controversial manner, shortly after the 2009 re-run election, where he worked against former Governor Segun Oni, who was then the party’s candidate.

He said he left the party following the way he was treated before the re-run and only returned because his people pleaded with him to do so. Fayose said: “My people took the pains to look for me in Afao Ekiti and Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, not minding the risk. I am doing this to reciprocate their gesture.

“God has given me a rare opportunity and grace to be sought after by my people. I am not God and I will never play God.” He promised to work peacefully with Oni and other stakeholders to rebuild the party.

Fayose urged PDP members to shun the politics of bitterness and forget past grievances. The ex-governor resigned his membership of the Labour Party (LP) on September 12, in a letter to the party’s National Chairman, Chief Dan Nwanyanwu.

The receipt of the letter was acknowledged by a top member of the National Working Committee of the LP, Mr. Mohammed Salami.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/19607-fayose-returns-to-pdp.html
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by Nobody: 2:32am On Sep 15, 2011
mtchewww tongue
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by Basics007: 3:00am On Sep 15, 2011
. Will be very suprised if this guy should apologise to OBJ. I thought PDP elders said they would never accept him back into the party again.
Badt guy. I trust him,he'll scatter the party again then scram as usual.
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by dabrake(m): 3:37am On Sep 15, 2011
/*walks out of thread*/ Im nt suprised jooh
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by lagcity(m): 4:29am On Sep 15, 2011
this Fayose na very toutish boy and ppl really like him. If he can just channel his energy and charisma to something great and worthy, his future will be very bright in politics. i just hope they don't let him near OBJ becos that is one guy i know who won't hesitate to punch the Old General. Fayose na badt boy. cheesy cheesy
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by teemon: 6:37am On Sep 15, 2011
After he left PDP he was politically useless now he is coming back again, let see what become of him!
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by itiswell1(m): 7:04am On Sep 15, 2011
I'm not surprised at all.
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by TenKobo1: 7:40am On Sep 15, 2011
They are all in it for the bread and butter, nothing else. Am not surprised. Infact i would be surprised if he had refused to return. the press should be asking him to identify who the ''My People'' are and you will be surprised to discover that those were his own rented crowd. Politics indeed.
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by ashdre: 7:55am On Sep 15, 2011
Well,I wish him best of luck.But let him remba that the fear of OBJ is the being of wisdom for him.
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by Pukkah: 8:25am On Sep 15, 2011
OAM4J:

[size=13pt]Fayose returns to PDP[/size]

[img]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/thumbnail.php?file=Fayose_returns_758379890.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

Former Ekiti State Governor Ayodele Fayose yesterday returned to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

He was given PDP Card No. 4619857 and Ward Registration No. 841 at the party’s secretariat in Afao-Araromi ward by the Ward Chairman, Chief Olaiya Abiola.
Fayose also declared his intention to contest the seat of the party’s National Vice-Chairman next year.

Lamenting that no Ekiti PDP member had ever been elected into the position, he said he has the wherewithal to occupy the seat. Fayose said: “Osun State has occupied the position three times, but no Ekiti man has ever been elected as even National Secretary. It is time for us to fight for our own fair share in the PDP and this we are going to achieve if we are together.”

He said he returned to the PDP to restore its glory in Ekiti and the Southwest. Fayose left the PDP in a controversial manner, shortly after the 2009 re-run election, where he worked against former Governor Segun Oni, who was then the party’s candidate.

Flawed argument from an unstable man - 'Osun state has occupied it three times' so he now wants to 'fight' for their 'own share'. Apart from the quota-based argument, does he even have the calmness and cool-headedness to occupy such a leadership position?

Besides, he's supposed to be standing trial for a corruption charge. Has the case been dispensed with? Nigeria!
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by dayokanu(m): 8:42am On Sep 15, 2011
Shebi na PDP
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by opad(m): 9:03am On Sep 15, 2011
Oh Gosh! This Bross is confused
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by groovy400: 9:26am On Sep 15, 2011
A rolling stone gathers no moist.

A self deluded man!
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by funkybaby(f): 9:43am On Sep 15, 2011
grin So this political ashawo is back in PDP. grin

Dude has no shame. After insulting the EWi of EKiti, insulting Obasanjo and numerous other people . . . . .

The earlier he realizes that he is no longer a force to be reckoned with in ekiti state's politics, the better for him.

What he should do is quietly retire and remain in the background and enjoy whatever loot he has got left. He should take a cue from ex-governors Niyi Adebayo and Tope Ademulegun.
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 15, 2011
Honestly, the only Politician that can defect to PDP and comes as a surprise to me is Buhari.
For any other Nigerian politician, I will not be surprised at all.
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by Godalone(m): 10:11am On Sep 15, 2011
Pukkah:

Flawed argument from an unstable man - 'Osun state has occupied it three times' so he now wants to 'fight' for their 'own share'. Apart from the quota-based argument, does he even have the calmness and cool-headedness to occupy such a leadership position?

Besides, he's supposed to be standing trial for a corruption charge. Has the case been dispensed with? Nigeria!

That is the question i have been asking myself.
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by mallorca(m): 11:10am On Sep 15, 2011
PDP na curse
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by Ufeolorun(m): 11:19am On Sep 15, 2011
Jarus:

Honestly, the only Politician that can defect to PDP and comes as a surprise to me is Buhari.
For any other Nigerian politician, I will not be surprised at all.

Jarus OMO Buhari grin
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by juman(m): 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2011
He is an outcast in PDP nah. grin
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by folahann(m): 3:02pm On Sep 15, 2011
Buahahahahaha
which kind rubbish be this?
Wonders they say shall never end.
Fayose back to PDP SMH
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by joshfash(m): 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2011
To say the truth, Ekiti is still where Fayose left her. No development in all ramification. Imagine anoda increament in EKSU fees.
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by superior1: 5:08pm On Sep 15, 2011
Political Ashewo
Re: Former Ekiti Governor Fayose Returns To PDP by 1025: 11:04pm On Sep 15, 2011
pdp na secret cult so those who jump out end up jumping in. God pass all of them.

(1) (Reply)

Releases All Our Members, Then We Dialogue - Boko Haram / Nigerian Economy; The North-south Regional Disparity - Rencap / Picture Of A PDP Thug Carrying Gun During Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.