Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. (43816 Views)

Fayemi Dances To 'Buga' Song While Celebrating Tinubu’s Victory (Pix, Video) / Jubilation In Lagos Market Over Tinubu’s Victory At APC Primaries (Video) / Error In Tinubu’s APC Revalidation Slip (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by OmotolaBoy(m): 5:30pm On Mar 10, 2023
Ashiwaju Jagaban

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by Joapotu: 5:30pm On Mar 10, 2023
All BRT money goes to Tinubu's nephew.
All market levies go to Tinubu's daughter
All billboard levies go to Tinubu's son
All taxes and tolls levies go to Tinubu

When I look at how Peter Obi rejected everything, including his gratuity, I realized Voting Obi is the sensible thing to do

But as a professional tribal bigot and naturally wicked, utterly hopeless and irredeemable Urchin, I still voted BAT

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by Tunasco4u(m): 5:31pm On Mar 10, 2023
Ok
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by bigdammyj: 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2023
Noted.
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by fasho01(m): 5:33pm On Mar 10, 2023
No need to give hope to the hopeless. Tinubu has won and there's nothing anyone can do about it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by Moh247: 5:34pm On Mar 10, 2023
If this is the only hope of Loser Party.. 2/3 majority in FCT the. They are far more stupid than I thought

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by UncommonLogic: 5:34pm On Mar 10, 2023
The constitution cannot make any State a must, that means giving preferential treatment t to that State against others. You don't need to be a Lawyer to know that.

So you are saying that someone must win FTC to become president? What a joke.
FTC is just considered as a state in that statement.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by rickleye: 5:36pm On Mar 10, 2023
What makes FCT that special that if you don't win 25% in that area, It should nullify the fact that a candidate won 25% votes in 30 states.
I go with the first interpretation which is FCT be considered a state. I hope It is also made plain simpler instead of leaving it to vague interpretation by lower courts.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by id4sho(m): 5:36pm On Mar 10, 2023
tongue
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by jaxxy(m): 5:36pm On Mar 10, 2023
After obvious and illegal rigging he still didn't win and was illegally declared winner by a misled and compromised inec.

The stolen mandate will be retrieved definitely.
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by uchwar1: 5:37pm On Mar 10, 2023
seanwilliam:
Who is the president-elect, like tinubu share for Peter obi,
Let’s see the poll grin
Nothing for u
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by rickleye: 5:37pm On Mar 10, 2023
UncommonLogic:
The constitution cannot make any State a must, that means giving preferential treatment t that State against others. You don't need tk be a Lawyer to know that.

So you are saying that someone. Ust win FTC to become president? What a joke.
FTC is jus6 considered as a state in that statement.

Exactly !

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by Goke7: 5:37pm On Mar 10, 2023
Bad losers are too much in our polity especially after embarking on a toxic campaign

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by j64real(m): 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2023
INEC has never been independent.

Racoon:
The Shagari case in 1979 have settled this issue, but the corruption ridden INEC mumbled fraudulent and curious incongruent electoral statistics to foist on a nation and asked aggrieved opponents to go to court.

INEC have been so corrupted that legal means have become the route wherein electoral matters are settle. Yet we said INEC is truly independent? What is the use of INEC existence?

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by success1smyn(m): 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2023
IgOga:
grin grin grin

It's not easy to be an Obituarist sha....na the first stage of grief una dey - DENIAL

This case was settled by Supreme court in 2003 in the case of Buhari vs Obasanjo......The supreme court stated that the FCT is considered a state in this section of the constitution....a candidate that has 25% in 2/3rds of 37 i.e. 25 states has met the requirement of the constitution
I don't know how to explain to the Obi supporters o, both online and offline they won't listen. It's a pity

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by Gaabasky: 5:39pm On Mar 10, 2023
U guys are still holding to unrealistic hope. APC has won n won well.

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by grammarian247(m): 5:41pm On Mar 10, 2023
kaylardz:
Nigerians are all equal irrespective of gender, social status, religion and geographical location. The people of Abuja are not superhuman, they are not different from the people of Ekiti state according to Nigeria constitution. 25% in FCT is not mandated to become president. Infact, one can score zero votes in the FCT, get the required 25% in 24 other states and become president. Tinubu presidency has come to stay, accept this fact and save yourself from high blood pressure and depression.

What is this one saying? Can't you just shut up if the issue is too complex for you to comprehend. The matter here is about constitutional provision that established that in addition to whatever else you win, you must get 25 percent of the vote cast in FCT. Speak to that and stop making a noise. I hate this backyard way of commenting on NL.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by Emmyxclusive: 5:41pm On Mar 10, 2023
Beremx:
I was trying to explain that part of the constitution to a friend and i ended up being confused myself.
English language seems to be a very difficult one to understand.
Let Supreme Court interpret the constitution abeg before English scatter my brain 😐😐😐
I honestly don't know how to interpret AND in English but mathematically or in computing, once AND is involved, both conditions must be true or met. Logically True and True = true
True and False = False.
Tinubu's case is True and False.
But I think we should just chill and let the Oldman do his tenure, maybe he will do well. I wish it was Obi Sha

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by oshonwambada: 5:41pm On Mar 10, 2023
Racoon:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/

"With APC not getting 25% in FCT, will there be a runoff? (corrected)"

https://www.thecable.ng/with-apc-not-getting-25-in-fct-will-there-be-a-runoff/amp

We didn't read
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by 1x2x3: 5:42pm On Mar 10, 2023
Nigeria has 36 states and the FCT not 37 states.
The "And" remains "in addition".

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by essenjack(m): 5:42pm On Mar 10, 2023
Beremx:
I was trying to explain that part of the constitution to a friend and i ended up being confused myself.
English language seems to be a very difficult one to understand.
Let Supreme Court interpret the constitution abeg before English scatter my brain 😐😐😐
; cheesy
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by iichidodo: 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2023
Abuja is special because it doesn't have state of assembly.....It's governor is appointed by the President.....It's the heart of the Nation thus if you wanna rule, you must conquer the heart at least 25%.....Those that wrote it aren't daft

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by seanwilliam(m): 5:45pm On Mar 10, 2023
uchwar1:
Nothing for u
since you’re for me, I Dey ok with that
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by abbey621(m): 5:45pm On Mar 10, 2023
grammarian247:

What is this one saying? Can't you just shut up if the issue is too complex for you to comprehend. The matter here is about constitutional provision that established that in addition to whatever else you win, you must get 25 percent of the vote cast in FCT. Speak to that and stop making a noise. I hate this backyard way of commenting on NL.

Again ask yourself why would the Nigerian Constitution place FCT above all other territories/states? With the 100s of lawyers that APC, PDP and LP have at their disposal, shouldn't they have just concentrated on rigging Abuja? Since according to you guys FCT is above all other states, UNA NO WISE AT ALL grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by meetme01: 5:45pm On Mar 10, 2023
kaylardz:
Nigerians are all equal irrespective of gender, social status, religion and geographical location. The people of Abuja are not superhuman, they are not different from the people of Ekiti state according to Nigeria constitution. 25% in FCT is not mandated to become president. Infact, one can score zero votes in the FCT, get the required 25% in 24 other states and become president. Tinubu presidency has come to stay, accept this fact and save yourself from high blood pressure and depression.

My question, is Abuja a State in Nigeria?

Literally, AND in every statement means PLUS (+).

We all know Abuja is not a State but the Capital Territory. This evidently shows in the statement AND the FCT. Therefore the constitution to me says, 24states + FCT.

BAT is the president elect but this is also good for our democracy. It shows, our legislators should use Grammarly or employ a linguistic while making laws to resolve ambiguities.

I rest my case till the Supreme Court says otherwise

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by CXLVII: 5:45pm On Mar 10, 2023
A typical Nigerian knows that elections are over!

Lawyers just using Atiku and Peter to cash out!

The Nigerian system can never upturn a presidential election.

It’s outrightly impossible

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by Racoon(m): 5:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
iichidodo:
Abuja is special because it doesn't have state of assembly.....It's governor is appointed by the President.....It's the heart of the Nation thus if you wanna rule, you must conquer the heart at least 25%.....Those that wrote it aren't daft
Well said. What happened? Didn't see your lovely trademark posts for donkey's years sir. Quiet a long time bro.
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 5:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
Parachoko:
It was sent to INEC server at real time

Do you know what we do not know?

Can you show evidence the results were not send to INEC server at real time?

What are you talking about?
Is INEC server not opened for view?

Even up till now, INEC is still uploading their results to their server.....

At the collation center.....INEC should have had a projector that shows their own server's result of any state called immediately a State coordinator comes to present his or her result ....

Anyway , Nigeria has become what it is, Sanity has left Nigeria creating rooms for insane minds ...

1 Like

Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by Fayos1(m): 5:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
Jogs1900:
Na Supreme court go settle this matter las las.
Sure, and you know the verdict already
Re: 2023 Election: The Legal Issues In Tinubu’s Victory. by PPIA: 5:46pm On Mar 10, 2023
Nigerian law always using technicalities to win judgements.

Common sense should tell every sane person that the 24 states and fct incorporates fct to be regarded on the same level as a state.

Abi what has made FTC any different?

Well, IP🐽B Pigs will still argue.

Since kanu is dieting on watery beans now... They had no option but to temporarily abort Biafra and come back to try taking over Zoo republic using Pandora.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: My Death Will Make Biafra Come Far More Quicker (Video) / Buhari Replaces Ex-Ministers, Sends Nominees List To Senate / UK Government Reacts To Reports Of Buhari & Jonathan Meeting In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.