Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Enugu Royal Father Commends Fg's Preparedness For Gubernatorial, House Of Assemb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Royal Father Commends Fg's Preparedness For Gubernatorial, House Of Assemb (144 Views)

Bola Tinubu Meets With Speakers Of Northern States’ Houses Of Assemb / Bola Tinubu and Shettima In Osun State For Gubernatorial Campaign / Ugwuanyi Has Entrenched Participatory Democracy In Enugu – Royal Fathers Hail Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Enugu Royal Father Commends Fg's Preparedness For Gubernatorial, House Of Assemb by odoemelamemmanu(m): 7:39pm On Mar 10, 2023
*Enugu Royal Father commends FG's preparedness for gubernatorial, House of Assembly elections*

By Ikechukwu Odu
NSUKKA----The traditional ruler of Edem-Ani Ancient Kingdom in Nsukka Local Government Area of Enugu State, HRH, Igwe Samuel Ikechukwu Asadu, has commended the Federal Government for being proactive in preparation for a hitch-free Governorship and House of Assembly elections.

The royal father made the commendation while fielding questions from newsmen after a town hall meeting with the youth of his community yesterday. The town hall meeting according to him, was to address the youth on the state of the nation and appreciate them for their peaceful conduct during the Presidential and National Assembly elections as well as to urge them to conduct themselves peacefully in the forthcoming elections.

He added that the forum was also aimed at interacting with them to ascertain their areas of needs and how he could assist them in finding solutions.

"I am excited on the proactive nature of government as it concerns the Governorship and House of Assembly elections preparation. Before the shifting of the elections, which was supposed to be on Saturday, government said it was prepared and poised to ensure protection of lives and property through making it violence and rancour free.

" I also thank my people, especially the youth for their peaceful conduct during the Presidential and National Assembly elections. It is for these reasons that I convened a town hall meeting with them to interact one-on-one and chat a course for our well being," he said.

Though the royal father noted that there were some pockets of anger and protests over the INEC declaration of the presidential election results by some youth in some quarters, he pointed out that he spoke to his people and calmed them down against taking laws into their hands.

According to him, in every elective position, there is bound to be a winner or the loser, adding that this prompted him to advise his constituents appropriately.

He emphasized that "whether party or no party, all of us are from Edem-Ani and we shall continue to live together as brothers and sisters after the elections."

Speaking further on the protests trailing INEC declaration of Presidential results, Igwe Asadu said the court would handle it as aggrieved parties had filed their suits over the matter.
"It is the court that should determine who actually won the presidential election and whoever emerges as the winner, we should support him," he said.

Reacting on the postponement of the Governorship and House of Assembly elections as announced by INEC, the traditional ruler said he was shocked over its rescheduling two days to the elections, especially when most Nigerians had travelled home to exercise their civic rights. He however appealed to Nigerians to exercise patience with INEC and come out en masse on the rescheduled date to cast their votes for their chosen candidates.

This was as he advised his people to eschew violence during the forthcoming elections, stressing "I am enjoining my people to follow the rules of the game. They should obey the electoral act and avoid any forms of violent acts in the coming elections."

https://osunreporters.com/2023/03/enugu-royal-father-commends-fgs-preparedness-for-gubernatorial-house-of-assembly-elections/

(1) (Reply)

Na Greed Dey Spoil Nigeria / The Impact Of Incessant Borrowing On The Nigerian Economy / Yoruba Man In Charge Of Passport Traffics Cocaine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.