Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children (51360 Views)

Those Who Criticize Desmond Elliot Are Praising Peter Obi / Shettima: My Channels TV Interview Was Taken Out Of Context, I Apologise / Saraki Please Forgive Oshiomhole, I Apologise On His Behalf - Lere Olayinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by Bobloco: 7:00am On Mar 11, 2023
Popular Nigerian actor turned politician, Desmond Elliot has again tendered a public apology for his insensitive comments about the youths during October 2020 EndSARS protest.

Recall that the Lagos lawmaker representing the Surulere I constituency at the State legislature was dragged on social media after referring to Nigerian youths who reacted to the shootings at the Lekki Tollgate as children. He had pushed for the regulation of social media after the protest.

However, in a swift response, Elliot had in October 2020 issued a statement in which he apologised to those whose toes he stepped on with his comments.

The lawmaker, during his recent interview on TVC’s ‘Your View’, offered clarity on the matter, insisting he wasn’t referring to all youths on social media as children but those who were cursing Lagos House of Assembly Speaker, Mudashiru.

He said: “What I can say is, I think forgiveness is divine. I mean, no one owns it all. Something can be your truth, and to another person, it might not be. I do not think going back to bring out those sensitive moments would do anything.

“I think at the end of the day, I apologised, and I’m still apologising to those who must have misconstrued what I said. I said I was taken by emotions, but in the end, it still didn’t take away from the fact that the hatred was too much. The polity, the hatred is too much. We are all built on love. We can change things through love.”
https://dailypost.ng/2023/03/11/i-apologise-for-calling-everybody-children-desmond-elliot/

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by Nwodosis(m): 7:02am On Mar 11, 2023
Why is the apology coming this late? Needless apologising to the children my respected brother, children won't vote you because children don't vote.

1122 Likes 81 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by Nobody: 7:02am On Mar 11, 2023
Your actions and words before election periods is the true reflection of you. Nigerians ain’t truly ready

568 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by Padipadi(m): 7:02am On Mar 11, 2023
The only sacrifice for elupeee people. To say the truth, Desmond doesn't deserve to be reelected

726 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 11, 2023
Padipadi:
The only sacrifice for elupeee people. To say the truth, Desmond doesn't deserve to be reelected
You are right, he should take his lessons and leave.

464 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by sekundosekundo: 7:04am On Mar 11, 2023
wink

My worry is not calling us "children" but how a FOOLgrown man will commission a wooden bridge and a toilet as a constituency projects.

589 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by kokoA(m): 7:04am On Mar 11, 2023
Emotions kee you dia!

228 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by Faber(m): 7:05am On Mar 11, 2023
We your children have decided to vote you out...😎

It's over for you politically, just make sure your sons don't repeat your mistakes if they seek political office in the future

379 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by robinso01(m): 7:07am On Mar 11, 2023
Apology rejected. The same children will vote you out

393 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by Caramia2020(m): 7:08am On Mar 11, 2023
Election palava, after how many years.

180 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by ehbellsho(m): 7:10am On Mar 11, 2023
Medicine after death.

Go and rest maybe you will think of another role in Hollywood that is if they allow you.

191 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by BurialGround: 7:18am On Mar 11, 2023
Oga we are your children and you'll hear from us soon.

Take your apology to Nollywood, we'll make sure you hear from us.

264 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by habsydiamond(m): 7:18am On Mar 11, 2023
The masses mumu don do... we are holding u guys accountable now for all ur actions when you are in office.

184 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by MarveworldG: 7:21am On Mar 11, 2023
Our words could hunt us

Home owners are upgrading. Let us give you a luxury wall cladding design for your entertainment wall
+234 811 9 8 9 64 7 2

10 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by BurialGround: 7:22am On Mar 11, 2023
habsydiamond:
The masses mumu don do... we are holding u guys accountable now for all ur actions when you are in office.

These politicians will suffer in the next general election. Many youths now have decided to be involved seeing what LP did. INEC should prepare for registrations for PVC.

162 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by Scream(m): 7:24am On Mar 11, 2023
He is still a child...
He wants to go back there to continue saying nonsense.

Goat..

129 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by ABIODUN105(m): 7:24am On Mar 11, 2023
The forthcoming election have brought this man down to his knees

117 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by habsydiamond(m): 7:25am On Mar 11, 2023
BurialGround:

These politicians will suffer in the next general election. Many youths now have decided to be involved seeing what LP did. INEC should prepare for registrations for PVC.
with what I saw from the 25th election.. the issue of rigging will not be possible straight from polling unit from the next presidentialelection.. the youths are watching. There is still possibility that there will be protest against inec.

103 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:29am On Mar 11, 2023
E shock am!
God bless OBIdients!!
We are a unique breed, they can't stand our Tsunami

122 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by flexyrule(m): 7:29am On Mar 11, 2023
Dear Desmond Elliot,

The people you represent, the great people of Lagos and Nigerians aren't holding anything against you.

Your performance as a member of the Lagos state House of assembly will speak for you at the polls.

Whatever you said about Nigerians in the past stays in the past.. If you have done well, you wi know, come 18th March 2023.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:30am On Mar 11, 2023
d fear of 4 ppl tweetin in a room!

grin

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by Makanike: 7:30am On Mar 11, 2023
H
Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by Goodconcept78: 7:30am On Mar 11, 2023
YOU ARE MILES AHEAD OF THE LYING MACHINE OBI THR FRAUD.

CRYING OPPORTUNIST THAT WANTS TO USE END SARS TO CANVASS VOTES FROM THE YOUTH

THANK GOD HE FAILED WOEFULLY IN THE ELECTION

A BAD OMEN AND VISIONLESS MAN THAT COULDN'T ADD ANY MEANINGFUL TO ANAMBRA THROUGH OUT HIS 8 YEARS

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by DevilSignature: 7:30am On Mar 11, 2023
grin
Mad man

5 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by bennybuhari: 7:30am On Mar 11, 2023
Omo see bodacious
Boda wey mumu

5 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by Karlifate: 7:31am On Mar 11, 2023
grin

E don cast shocked

Las las, na everybody go chop breakfast.

24 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by factcheckmmm: 7:31am On Mar 11, 2023

No apology

No apology

No apology

Election period with significant changes

Apology

No wonder idiot was attached to your name

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by Dididrumz(m): 7:31am On Mar 11, 2023
It's hard to get forgiveness when You offend Nigerians in such manner, most especially when You're a public figure.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by MVLOX(m): 7:31am On Mar 11, 2023
Tell dem say our eyes don clear....tell dem say our eyes don open ooo....

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot: I Apologise For Calling Everybody Children by Icarus99(f): 7:31am On Mar 11, 2023
Too late

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See The First Voters Who Arrived To Board Reno Omokris Democracy Buses / Osogbo To Determine Osun Governor As PDP Leads After 29 Local Govts / Photos Of A DPO Who Was Injured In Rivers During Today's Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.