Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo (45314 Views)

I’m Learning On The Job, I Won’t Drag Power With Obaseki — Omobayo Godwins / Igbo Are Shooting Yoruba Lagos indegene / There Are Plans To Assassinate Lagos LP Candidate, Gbadebo: Bode George (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by onthehill: 9:30am On Mar 13, 2023
Labour Party governorship candidate in Lagos state, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour said he schooled abroad for long, hence his inability to speak Yoruba fluently, IGBERETV reports.

Gbadebo said this during an interview with Arise TV on Sunday, March 12, while he responded to those who troll him for not being able to speak fluent Yoruba language.

He further said that though he understands Yoruba, he has hired a Yoruba language teacher to help him get better.

https://igberetvnews.com/1440610/im-learning-speak-yoruba-lagos-lp-guber-candidate-gbadebo/

76 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by dedonfranco(m): 9:30am On Mar 13, 2023
Can Everton fc win Champions league.....NO

Can Labour party win Lagos state........NO.

580 Likes 65 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by ImmaculateJOE(m): 9:31am On Mar 13, 2023
The illiterates of the 21st century, are not those who cannot read or write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.

GRV is down to earth and a good learner..

573 Likes 64 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by Honchoslim16(m): 9:32am On Mar 13, 2023
Ok we have heard him.

No one cares!

87 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by inoki247: 9:32am On Mar 13, 2023
Lol ok you go soon add I'm learning how to Govern Lagos join....

231 Likes 24 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by YorubaRonuuu(m): 9:33am On Mar 13, 2023
Sanwo olu actually gave him the chances of winning with his selfish and inconsiderate altitudes toward the lagosian in his first tenure... Let him keep learning how to speak Yoruba. I pray the best candidate whose tenure will favor lagosian wins the governorship post

143 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by Kabirudeen25(m): 9:34am On Mar 13, 2023
Honchoslim16:
Ok we have heard him.

No one cares!
Oga speak for yourself because I care. Me and over 900,000 people that voted LP in Lagos care, and we are coming again on Saturday grin grin grin

352 Likes 49 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by Honchoslim16(m): 9:38am On Mar 13, 2023
Kabirudeen25:
Oga speak for yourself because I care. Me and over 900,000 that voted LP in Lagos care.. We are coming again on Saturday grin grin grin
Mr Man, i don't care about you and the 900,000 asses.

Vote who you want to vote for and stop crying all over Nairaland

228 Likes 20 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by oyin44: 9:43am On Mar 13, 2023
Don't mind the idiot ..

It was that hatred he had in his heart against the Yoruba that stopped him from learning the language. .

it is now that the language is important to him...ba?

Sebi his people believe that Lagos is no man's land...ok we shall see

252 Likes 25 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by Kabirudeen25(m): 9:43am On Mar 13, 2023
Honchoslim16:

Mr Man, i don't care about you and the 900,000 asses.

Vote who you want to vote for and stop crying all over Nairaland
We will do just that and we don't care about you either.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by Kagawa10: 9:48am On Mar 13, 2023
Yet can speak Igbo cheesy

His English sef na rubbish for someone who claimed to have stayed in abroad grin

The Brazilian slave descendant who wanna spite the accommodating magnanimous Yoruba host who accommodated his slave ancestor ages ago..

The slave descendant allowed His Ungrateful evil OSU mother to poison his mind against his Yoruba host thus the reason why he was constantly saying gibberish about Yoruba heritage. The nerves! Ipob terrorist!

170 Likes 21 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by Vinnie2000(m): 9:51am On Mar 13, 2023
Kudos to Gbadebo. 👍👍

Ability to Speak Yoruba is NOT a Pre-Requisite to rule Lagos. 😒

Lagos is a Cospolitan state and in Nigeria now, almost Everybody understand English and Pidgin. 🙂

81 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by Kagawa10: 9:52am On Mar 13, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Kudos to Gbadebo. 👍👍

Ability to Speak Yoruba is NOT a Pre-Requisite to rule Lagos. 😒

Lagos is a Cospolitan state and in Nigeria now, almost Everybody understand English and Pidgin. 🙂

Speaking the indigenous language is a prerequisite for Lagos leader! Sink that into your brain if you've got any

262 Likes 26 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by Vinnie2000(m): 9:55am On Mar 13, 2023
oyin44:
And he thinks yoruba people will vote him...

I laugh in chinese. undecided undecided undecided

ok ,no problem we shall see at the polls

Hope you know that NOT only Yorubas reside in Lagos? sad

Hope you know some Yorubas in Lagos (Mostly Richmen's Children) aren't Fluent in Yoruba, Just like GRV? 😒

Hope you know NOT Every Yoruba reason like You? undecided

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by Buckeyemedia1: 9:56am On Mar 13, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:
The illiterates of the 21st century, are not those who cannot read or write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.

And I bet he can speak & understand igbo, his mother’s native tongue?

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by Reality3080: 9:57am On Mar 13, 2023
ImmaculateJOE:

what was he waiting for all these while?

Like fayose said, will we employ interpreter for our governor or he addresses people in English or Igbo if he needs to address people

All shades of wrong

93 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by Johnjustice: 9:57am On Mar 13, 2023
Imposter.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by Buckeyemedia1: 9:57am On Mar 13, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Hope you know that NOT only Yorubas reside in Lagos? sad

Hope you know some Yorubas in Lagos (Mostly Richmen's Children) aren't Fluent in Yoruba, Just like GRV? 😒

Hope you know NOT Every Yoruba reason like You? undecided
Delta man born in Ikoyi, grew up in Victoria Island, than transmuted to Columbus Ohio,I do not understand a word of Yoruba.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by OneCandleAway(f): 9:57am On Mar 13, 2023
It's the father's fault.

Mist people use English for communication with their kids nowadays.

He'll definitely work on his yoruba now. But we shouldn't use this as an excuse to not vote GRV. We need a change, we need someone new. We need the Apc structure collapsed in lagos so we can progress further. Lagos generated a lot to still be in this state.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by Honchoslim16(m): 9:58am On Mar 13, 2023
Kabirudeen25:
We will do just that and we don't care about you either.
Then you get d fůçk off!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by Buckeyemedia1: 10:00am On Mar 13, 2023
OneCandleAway:
It's the father's fault.

Mist people use English for communicatcommunication with their kids.
His father is Yoruba, his mother is Igbo, he grew up in the United Kingdom & you want his father to be speaking Yoruba to him @ home?

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by sukkot: 10:00am On Mar 13, 2023

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by Slynation(m): 10:00am On Mar 13, 2023
Ike gwuru...
Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by Eriokanmi: 10:00am On Mar 13, 2023
Good man. Someone who would never mince words on his stance on the truth. They say he's not yoruba because he can't speak the language. How many children of this generation can speak yoruba? Those bigots sponsored to tanish his image cant come out openly to say their children can construct a simple sentence in yoruba.

The head of technical dept in my company is igbo from imo state. None of his children speaks igbo. He married a lady from ogun state. My children are just learning how to speak Yoruba too. The eldest is learning fast..they didn't grow in the midst of my people. GRV isn't someone who would hide facts about him...his identity is known, schools attended home and abroad are known, family backgrounds are know yet, some sponsored tribalists are saying trash because he can't speak Yoruba.

When some factions of the apc in lagos realised that Desmond Elliot was tipped ahead of their candidate, this issue also came up. They said he didn't grow up here, that he was raised in Jos, that he can't even speak Yoruba. Today, ask Desmond any questions in yoruba, you'd be shocked what you hear

We shall meet at the polls on Saturday. Sanwoolu isn't known in Alimosho,.I maintain.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by sreamsense: 10:01am On Mar 13, 2023
Then, it is better for him to go and learn how to speak Yoruba fluently first before coming back to contest. He has failed first prerequsite assignment of governance. You must be able to connect in language and culture of people you want to lead especially grassroot.

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by Sonnobax15(m): 10:01am On Mar 13, 2023
Politics too sweet abeg grin

Well,I don swear never to Chook my mouth for any issue wey concern politics....For the sake of my sanity.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by handsomeyinka(m): 10:01am On Mar 13, 2023
GRV dey whine us ooooo..

You wanna learn Yoruba to rule Lagos.

As in I just don't understand why this people are not real..

As in you wan dey read Alawiye Yoruba in side Governments office in Alausa.

This Guy is a joke..

In Sanwoolu we trust...Next Governor for the next 4 years..TESTED AND TRUSTED.

84 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo by SleekyP(m): 10:01am On Mar 13, 2023
omo ale ni bobo yi sha shocked shocked

Lagos is for Sanwo.......all hands on deck this Saturday.

Come out in masses & vote #APC #Sanwo-olu

69 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters / Goodluck Jonathan Arrives PDP Convention Venue (Photos) / Festus Keyamo In Prison (Throwback Photo)