Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender (90327 Views)

Banks Resume Paying Nigerians Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1,000 Notes / Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 / Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - Supreme Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by MuchAdo: 11:13pm On Mar 13, 2023
Anunakeeh:

Oponu Alayerada. Get lost Ashiwereey.

So you are really happy with the cash crisis

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by maasoap(m): 11:13pm On Mar 13, 2023
Ventura1:
Were man, he was scared the moment presidency release the statement.

Lol. What would you do if na u? Look at my response to the thread you're talking about below

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by marvellous2222: 11:13pm On Mar 13, 2023
mastermaestro:

Oga shut up! It was only Tinubu that spoke against this disastrous policy from its birth. You selfish lots thought it would favour your political choice. In fact, I stopped supporting Obi from the very point he supported this stupid, ill-thought policy.

Thankfully Obi lost, which was something I later wished for. I detest selfish people. He thought the policy would favour him. How e come be now? Who supports such a haphazard monetary policy on the eve of general elections? What concerns CBN with vote buying? Are we going to have to redesign the Naira before every general election just because we want to curb vote buying?

Most of you do not think deeply. Look at the economic chaos and suffering this stupid policy has plunged this nation into. Some businesses were beginning to recover from Covid triggered economic crisis, then this happens. Bunch of selfish people who see everything as politics not knowing that many people have mouths to feed and businesses to run.

Most of you who come here to comment have proven to be poor mentally. All of you who supported this nonsense from the start are dumb now. You all thought it would favour you. I hope you lots are enjoying, while Tinubu is suffering. angry

take it easy, I understand your pain, don't take it personally 95% that comment here are not mature enough, there are times when I read comment here I laugh..

2 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Outstandingmam: 11:13pm On Mar 13, 2023
mastermaestro:

Oga shut up! It was only Tinubu that spoke against this disastrous policy from its birth. You selfish lots thought it would favour your political choice. In fact, I stopped supporting Obi from the very point he supported this stupid, ill-thought policy.

Thankfully Obi lost, which was something I later wished for. I detest selfish people. He thought the policy would favour him. How e come be now? Who supports such a haphazard monetary policy on the eve of general elections? What concerns CBN with vote buying? Are we going to have to redesign the Naira before every general election just because we want to curb vote buying?

Most of you do not think deeply. Look at the economic chaos and suffering this stupid policy has plunged this nation into. Some businesses were beginning to recover from Covid triggered economic crisis, then this happens. Bunch of selfish people who see everything as politics not knowing that many people have mouths to feed and businesses to run.

Most of you who come here to comment have proven to be poor mentally. All of you who supported this nonsense from the start are dumb now. You all thought it would favour you. I hope you lots are enjoying, while Tinubu is suffering. angry

Honestly the bold is what should have made any sensible person to think twice before supporting such a policy.

No country on earth, even the industrialized ones declare their own legal tender illegal within 3 months of printing new ones yet Nigeria where over 60% are still unbanked wants to do the magic?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Crumbian: 11:14pm On Mar 13, 2023
Karlifate:

The way a lot of Nigerians jubilation & were chanting "Sai Baba" in the streets, as if it was God himself that was about to take over from GEJ, was alarming.

One of the reasons why I was wary about this Peter Obi.

Politicians are like leopards. shocked

I was wary of the guy too. But then, I didn't think anyone - Obi or Atiku - can fail as much as Buhari.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:14pm On Mar 13, 2023
Karlifate:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The way a lot of Nigerians jubilation & were chanting "Sai Baba" in the streets, as if it was God himself that was about to take over from GEJ, was alarming.

One of the reasons why I was wary about this Peter Obi.

Politicians are like leopards. shocked
For anybody who had the ability to think, Buhari was not qualified for leadership. The only surprise was that he exceeded our expectations. I personally underestimated his level of stupidity and cluelessness.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by mastermaestro(m): 11:17pm On Mar 13, 2023
NIGERIAisComedy:

Rubbish!!

Why will you criticize an otherwise good policy from it's birth

Everything you people TOSHH turns to ashes, face it.

Deflect all you want, but there is no way you are going to be successful in shifting blame to people out of government, while absolving the government and party of any blame.

MADNESS!

MADNESS

THIS IS NIGERIAAAAAAAA [KICK] angry

grin grin

It shows that you, Obi and Atiku have very blurred economic vision and limited fiscal foresight. A kindergarten, unless blinded by selfishness, would have perceived that the timing, preparation and machinery for implementation were wrong, insufficient and incapable.

Traditional banks are overwhelmed by the number of electronic transfers they have to deal with presently. Failed and pending transfers are the commonest complaints you hear from people who are forced to besiege banks on a daily basis.

I am not even talking about the unavailability of the new Naira notes. See en, most of you should not be talking when real issues about governance are being discussed.

It is the same of set of dummies who drank and hugged to this nonsense policy at its implementation that are today queuing behind that GRV boy. Take a look a his manifesto. Are you going to tell me that that one knows what governance means? All I see is chaos and economic woes waiting to hatch.

Una go hear? Make una vote am. I hope sane Lagosians stop this impending doom of an activist opportunist. angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Prettygirl200(f): 11:18pm On Mar 13, 2023
God after all the sufferings? God of heaven please judge this wicked people, this is just too much, just too much. Haaaaa God have mercy on us

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Karlifate: 11:18pm On Mar 13, 2023
Sapiosexuality:
For anybody who had the ability to think, Buhari was not qualified for leadership. The only surprise is that he exceeded our expectations. I personally underestimated his level of stupidity and cluelessness.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Crumbian: 11:18pm On Mar 13, 2023
Outstandingmam:

Honestly the bold is what should have made any sensible person to think twice before supporting such a policy.

No country on earth, even the industrialized ones declare their own legal tender illegal within 3 months of printing new ones yet Nigeria where over 60% are still unbanked wants to do the magic?

Some asshats will still argue that 3 months is more than enough.
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by tafat: 11:19pm On Mar 13, 2023
Na wa o, can we now withdraw from pos at normal rates?

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Arabmoney1682(m): 11:21pm On Mar 13, 2023
It's always good to off the microphone when the ovation is loud......

Emefiele was used and denied after his foolishness played out.

I was shocked when Emefiele was denied by Buhari that he's acting against the supreme court ruling on the old naira note at his own discretion.

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Ubdavis(m): 11:21pm On Mar 13, 2023
They would soon come out and recant it
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by starstaz(m): 11:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
nedu666:
Is this not the same isa abdulmuni who said soludo was talking rubbish now he has gone back on his statement.

u see am too. Misfit people without an ounce of morality.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Crumbian: 11:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
Prettygirl200:
God after all the sufferings? God of heaven please judge this wicked people, this is just too much, just too much. Haaaaa God have mercy on us

God will not have mercy on you, that should be clear by now. F..ucking have mercy on yourselves! angry
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Roboto11: 11:26pm On Mar 13, 2023
Vinnie2000:

APC Governors Fought against the Naira policy because they had INNER INFORMATION about the Games/Schemes Emefiele, Buhari and the Cabal were Playing! 😏 undecided
They are Like Witchcraft Coven Members!

Peter Obi and Atiku were OUTSIDERS, like other Nigerians! sad

Only an Ignoramus or a Mischievous fellow will blame both.☹️

And you knew this as an Insider abi?

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by MartinsD12(m): 11:27pm On Mar 13, 2023
EgobiambuEmmanuel:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/03/13/breaking-cbn-breaks-silence-says-old-n200-n500-n1000-notes-remain-legal-tender-till-dec-31/
Mumu CBN after collecting old naira notes it's now legal tender, CBN better return those old naira notes they collected from us , return them to banks so banks can start giving people those old naira notes for withdrawal ,after suffering us , well you see my people na POS people we go show shege if you need money go to banks ATM to withdraw money let's boycott POS agents make hunger kill them , this set of people made Nigerians see shege on top our money them and CBN will never go unpunished

4 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Angrygoat: 11:27pm On Mar 13, 2023
Well,I got fed up of holding 500,1000 naira,3000 naira,2000 naira. Calculating my spending on a daily. Well this time,I'm gonna withdraw fresh bundles. Fresh bundles. To helll with all ye bogus POS vendors and thieves.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Confirm4real(m): 11:29pm On Mar 13, 2023
Fake news until Iya Mosura accept it if I want to eat, then I believe...

3 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by ChukwuObe: 11:29pm On Mar 13, 2023
NIGERIAisComedy:

Watch as people come to blame Obi and Atiku that are in no way afilliated with this government.

Yet they exalt Bulaba, that brought mad hardship to Nigerians in the form of BuBU, all because of EMI LO KAN.

Bulaba brought NEPA bill herdsman ex coup plotter and the people rejoiced, singing, praise you Bulaba, for you have brought us BUBU.

Sane minds were and still are befuddled, perplexed, disoriented, bemused, but most importantly, they were/are CORNfused at how Nigerians will chose characters like BuBU and BuLaBa.

Nigeria is a Comedy and the joke is on us.

But must useless Obi and Atiku support the bad policy if they have sense? Wre they also not happy thinking that the policy would make them win?

3 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Crumbian: 11:30pm On Mar 13, 2023
mastermaestro:

It shows that you, Obi and Atiku have very blurred economic vision and limited fiscal foresight. A kindergarten, unless blinded by selfishness, would have perceived that the timing, preparation and machinery for implementation were wrong, insufficient and incapable.

Traditional banks are overwhelmed by the number of electronic transfers they have to deal with presently. Failed and pending transfers are the commonest complaints you hear from people who are forced to besiege banks on a daily basis.

I am not even talking about the unavailability of the new Naira notes. See en, most of you should not be talking when real issues about governance are being discussed.

It is the same of set of dummies who drank and hugged to this nonsense policy at its implementation that are today queuing behind that GRV boy. Take a look a his manifesto. Are you going to tell me that that one knows what governance means? All I see is chaos and economic woes waiting to hatch.

Una go hear? Make una vote am. I hope sane Lagosians stop this impending doom of an activist opportunist. angry

I saw the Manifesto for their Kwara state candidate and laughed. It's just way too generic and petty.

Well, LP can't afford to fail in Lagos if they eventually win cos if they fail Peter Obi is ruined cheesy

2 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by giftedchild009: 11:30pm On Mar 13, 2023
gfelo:
The blood of those that died because of this policy will judge buhari and emefiele and their generation to come. Iseyyyy

Amen, they will both die a miserable death
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Stevedison(m): 11:31pm On Mar 13, 2023
Emefiele is a frustrated man and Buhari is a man that doesn't think. I wonder what Emefiele told Buhari that made him (Buhari) to work against the party that made him president (APC).

It is very shameful. This shows that politicians don't have the Interest of the masses at heart. Nigerians use your head these people don't give a f**k about you.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Vinnie2000(m): 11:31pm On Mar 13, 2023
Babathanks:

The guy said the fact, me myself I stop supporting Obi the day he supported this bad policy, both atikulated and obidient supporters are very daft, they turn emefiele and buhari to messiah while average Nigerians like me are suffering cos of this policy

Don't you ever Blame Obi or Atiku for Anything, OK?

The Naira Policy was a CONFUSING one, which Nobody understood the Schemes and Antics of CBN, APC and Buhari.
It was a Cat and Mouse, Tricky Chess game! sad

U can see dat even Atiku supported and later recanted. embarassed

Why DONT you Guys Ever blame Buhari who is the President and Call for his Arrest or Impeachment? 😕

Are PETER OBI and Atiku APC members? undecided
Do They Stay in Aso Rock? ☹️

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Anunakeeh: 11:32pm On Mar 13, 2023
Karlifate:

Bastard son of a thousand fathers.

Run along! kiss cheesy

Lol Oloriburuku fathered by Million Sperm🤣

A useless condemed prodigal oloriburuku of a LovePeddler.

Extend my greetings to your LovePeddler Public Toilet Motheer.

Bye.
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by GEJDHERO: 11:33pm On Mar 13, 2023
I pity Emefiele..... Buhari abandoned him in the heat of the moment.It was a nice policy that would have yielded good results at the end of the day... notwithstanding the pain the masses went through.Serious vote buying would take on Saturday 18th... kidnapping for ransom that had seemingly disappeared wud be back in full force now.Emefiele do not dispair... you wud be vindicated at the end of the day
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by QQIA: 11:34pm On Mar 13, 2023
izenco2005:
After hungry done wipe me tire grin
At least the aim was achieved.😎

Some people don embrace cashless.

More businesses accepting payments by card😎

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by IpobAntidote: 11:34pm On Mar 13, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Obi and Atiku should NEVER be blamed for their Responses!

Both are not in APC and ONLY responded to Information available to them. sad

U should be blaming Buhari and the Devilish, Clueless, USELESS APC party who bought up this Policy! undecided

Keep blaming APC, we didn't vote for APC we voted for Tinubu.
Atiku and Obi supported the policy because they thought it will hurt Tinubu, they didn't care about how it will affect the people.
Tinubu had rhe foresight to go against the policy from thr get go even though it came from his parry members. That's what you ca courage and balls.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Karlifate: 11:35pm On Mar 13, 2023
Anunakeeh:

Lol Oloriburuku fathered by Million Sperm🤣

A useless condemed prodigal oloriburuku of a LovePeddler.

Extend my greetings to your LovePeddler Public Toilet Motheer.

Bye.

Wretched boy from a lineage of mad people.

Good to see the eulogy of the failures that birthed you into inherited neverending frustration.

Keep bleating. cheesy

1 Like

Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by okenwa216(m): 11:36pm On Mar 13, 2023
Go follow networknews.ng on Instagram for latest updates
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by Abakelawal(f): 11:37pm On Mar 13, 2023
After I struggled to deposit the old naira.... So I will still struggle to get it back? God will punish CBN
Re: CBN Says Old ₦200, ₦500, ₦1,000 Notes Remain Legal Tender by sslcrypt: 11:38pm On Mar 13, 2023
Babathanks:

The guy said the fact, me myself I stop supporting Obi the day he supported this bad policy, both atikulated and obidient supporters are very daft, they turn emefiele and buhari to messiah while average Nigerians like me are suffering cos of this policy

STFU you just a coward. Please let kidnapping resume since sense is far away from you guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery / Jide Tinubu Slumped & Died Of Heart Attack / A Wounded Soldier Salutes The COAS On His Sick Bed -photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.