Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,650 members, 7,854,707 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 02:55 AM

"One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" (708 Views)

Sapele Was Once A No-mans Land By Igbos? / No Mans Land: Iragbiji,Osun Native Bullied Lagosians To Collect 10% Tax Revenue / The Abia Prince ( Jaja Wachuku)that Proclaimed Lagos Is No Mans Land - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by gidgiddy: 7:02am On Mar 14, 2023
All my life I have heard the same slogans

"We are all one Nigeria"

"Nigeria belongs to us all"

"We are all equal under the law"

"Our strength is in our diversity

But what do these things mean? If Enugu belongs to Igbo and Lagos belongs to Yoruba, Kano belongs to Hausa/Fulani, who then does Nigeria belong to?

The constitution of Nigeria makes us all equal before the law and no where does the constitution give anyone any special privilege for being indigenous to an area, over none indigenes

For Nigeria to make sense, I must see all of Nigeria as "no man's land" because if different parts of Nigeria are owned by different people, and I have less rights than the indigenes of where I go, then it means that:

"One Nigeria" is a scam

"Nigeria belongs to us all " is a sham

The Igbo man sees the entire world as no mans land, thats why they say that if you dont find an Igbo man wherever you go in the world, leave that place

I have never heard that any Igbo man went somewhere and seized someones land, rather, he will go somewhere, work hard and buy land with his sweat

So I say to any Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani who feels that Igbos are taking too much, its not a must we must be together. We were brought together by the white man. If you feel you must assert your ownership of territory, then lets come together, admit there is no "one Nigeria" and disintegrate peacefully

It is either Nigeria is for all Nigerians, and therefore no mans land, or we can go our seperate ways and your land will be your land.

But you cannot have it both ways

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by waterpouroverfl: 7:04am On Mar 14, 2023
Wahala
Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by mployer(m): 7:09am On Mar 14, 2023
Don't mind the idiots.

1 Like

Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by Wodu89: 7:15am On Mar 14, 2023
Where I saty presently multiple communities. There are no igbos
Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by Roboto11: 7:16am On Mar 14, 2023
Okpaleke, who hails from Amesi in Aguata local government area of Anambra State, was to succeed the late Bishop Anthony Chikwe in Ahiara, but the people of Mbaise insisted on having an indigene as their local government. For five years, Bishop Okpaleke never stepped foot on his Cathedral and only remained Bishop of the Diocese in name

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by Nightwolf1: 7:19am On Mar 14, 2023
Nigeria is a no man's land. Thîefnubu Lagos state Urchins take note. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by riverbird: 7:30am On Mar 14, 2023
Nightwolf1:
Nigeria is a no man's land. Thîefnubu Lagos state Urchins take note. grin grin grin

As we speak ndowka just paid 45 million naira for two plots of land somewhere in our Lagos 😂😂.
Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by Jogs1900: 7:34am On Mar 14, 2023
Tell your senators to remove state of origin from the Constitution because it seems most igbos don't have origin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by DMerciful(m): 7:46am On Mar 14, 2023
Mention the name
Wodu89:
Where I saty presently multiple communities. There are no igbos
Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by DMerciful(m): 7:47am On Mar 14, 2023
If you go back 400yrs ago, many Nigerians are not from where they think they came from
Jogs1900:
Tell your senators to remove state of origin from the Constitution because it seems most igbos don't have origin.

1 Like

Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by Jogs1900: 7:53am On Mar 14, 2023
DMerciful:
If you go back 400yrs ago, many Nigerians are not from where they think they came from
Definitely not Yorubas , Igalas , Nupes nor Benins

These are tribes I know that have histories as far back as 13th century.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by pryme(m): 7:53am On Mar 14, 2023
gidgiddy:

"We are all one Nigeria"

But what do these things mean? If Enugu belongs to Igbo and Lagos belongs to Yoruba, Kano belongs to Hausa/Fulani, who then does Nigeria belong to?

The constitution of Nigeria makes us all equal before the law and no where does the constitution give anyone any special privilege for being indigenous to an area, over none indigenes

For Nigeria to make sense, I must see all of Nigeria as "no man's land" because if different parts of Nigeria are owned by different people, and I have less rights than the indigenes of where I go, then it means that:

"One Nigeria" is a scam

The Igbo man sees the entire world as no mans land, thats why they say that if you dont find an Igbo man wherever you go in the world, leave that place

I have never heard that any Igbo man went somewhere and seized someones land, rather, he will go somewhere, work hard and buy land with his sweat

So I say to any Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani who feels that Igbos are taking too much, its not a must we must be together. We were brought together by the white man. If you feel you must assert your ownership of territory, then lets come together, admit there is no "one Nigeria" and disintegrate peacefully

It is either Nigeria is for all Nigerians, and therefore mans land, or we can go our seperate ways and your land will be your land.

Don't be naive, every state belongs to a particular tribe. Go to every state and look at the names on their civil service payroll.

2 Likes

Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by Wodu89: 7:56am On Mar 14, 2023
DMerciful:
Mention the name

That's the point. I was shocked too. We don't want them
Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by DMerciful(m): 7:56am On Mar 14, 2023
I put it to you that you're lying
Wodu89:

That's the point. I was shocked too. We don't want them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by Wodu89: 7:57am On Mar 14, 2023
DMerciful:

I'm not here to seek validation.

We don't want pollution
Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by Wodu89: 7:57am On Mar 14, 2023
DMerciful:

I'm not here to seek validation.

We don't want pollution .
Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by DMerciful(m): 7:58am On Mar 14, 2023
I'm not talking of tribes. I said many people!

Some people's great grandparents migrated to new places and got absorbed.

Jogs1900:

Definitely not Yorubas , Igalas , Nupes nor Benins

These are tribes I know that have histories as far back as 13th century.
Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by helinues: 8:02am On Mar 14, 2023
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by mrvitalis(m): 8:27am On Mar 14, 2023
Roboto11:
Okpaleke, who hails from Amesi in Aguata local government area of Anambra State, was to succeed the late Bishop Anthony Chikwe in Ahiara, but the people of Mbaise insisted on having an indigene as their local government. For five years, Bishop Okpaleke never stepped foot on his Cathedral and only remained Bishop of the Diocese in name
He was not rejected because he is not from mbaise nah he was rejected because of nepotism and imposition

Present bishop of mbaise of not from mbaise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by Roboto11: 8:29am On Mar 14, 2023
mrvitalis:

He was not rejected because he is not from mbaise nah he was rejected because of nepotism and imposition

Present bishop of mbaise of not from mbaise

Abeg, leave story.

You can colour it anyway you like.

As if the news media were speculating.

1 Like

Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by mrvitalis(m): 8:37am On Mar 14, 2023
Roboto11:

Abeg, leave story.

You can colour it anyway you like.

As if the news media were speculating.
I am from mbaise ...I know the story very well

Awka had 7 bishops but had 350 reverend father's ...mbaise had 750 reverend fathers yet someone thinks because he was close to pope he could appoint a bishop again from awka to mbaise ...he said no anyone but someone from awka

Mbaise is 95% Catholic ...but emeka inehdioa the political leader of mbaise is Anglican ....

We would not support imposition because an Igbo man did it never
Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by Roboto11: 8:40am On Mar 14, 2023
mrvitalis:

I am from mbaise ...I know the story very well

Awka had 7 bishops but had 350 reverend father's ...mbaise had 750 reverend fathers yet someone thinks because he was close to pope he could appoint a bishop again from awka to mbaise ...he said no anyone but someone from awka

Mbaise is 95% Catholic ...but emeka inehdioa the political leader of mbaise is Anglican ....

We would not support imposition because an Igbo man did it never

Still had to do with where he's from.

Last, last he is now the oga of those Bishops.
Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by Jogs1900: 8:45am On Mar 14, 2023
DMerciful:
I'm not talking of tribes. I said many people!

Some people's great grandparents migrated to new places and got absorbed.

Even at that, they will still know where they originated from..
Example Yorubas in Brazil, Cuba etc..They know that ile life is their origin.
Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by DMerciful(m): 8:57am On Mar 14, 2023
What makes you think you're originally from from the place you think you're from? If you wanna trace your family history, how far back can you trace? There's no guarantee that your forefathers are not from Ijaw or Benin
Jogs1900:

Even at that, they will still know where they originated from..
Example Yorubas in Brazil, Cuba etc..They know that ile life is their origin.
Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by nedu666: 9:08am On Mar 14, 2023
gidgiddy:

"We are all one Nigeria"

"One Nigeria" is a scam

It is either Nigeria is for all Nigerians, and therefore no mans land, or we can go our seperate ways and your land will be your land.

Imagine there is no crude oil and gas. Will one Nigeria exist

1 Like

Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by MuchAdo: 9:13am On Mar 14, 2023
There is a reason why we have state of origin and local government area when filling major documents

Piiggidiot amaka
Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by mrvitalis(m): 9:15am On Mar 14, 2023
Roboto11:

Still had to do with where he's from.

Last, last he is now the oga of those Bishops.
It doesn't matter ...we stood our ground and the pope saw reason
Re: "One Nigeria" Is The Same Thing As "No Mans Land" by Zincfingers: 10:09am On Mar 14, 2023
It's funny seeing pro secessionists like the clownish op obsessing over Lagos.
Lagos and Nigerdelta are the reasons why Beefrau.d would continue to be a pipe dream.

The aba made Jews love Lagos more than their utopian beer.fraud

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mc Oluomo Boys Nab With Guns, Video / Election Manipulation About To Be Unleashed On Adamawa Electorate / Tinubu Will Accept The Outcome Of The Court Case Filed Against Him By LP And Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.