Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index (25339 Views)

Nigerian Military Ranked Above THESE Countries... (Surprising) / Shekau Weeps In New Audio, Seeks Protection Against Nigerian Soldiers' Firepower / Nigeria’s Military Ranked 43rd Best In The World, 4th In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by MuchAdo: 10:42am On Mar 14, 2023
colorsofrainbow:
India is regarded as a developing country but damn! That country is doing really well on international level. They get better rep from the international community.

As for Naija, the little rep wey we dey manage, Buhari don carry us go where we no know. Na Thiefnubuu wan come finish everything patapata 🧑‍🦽

God no go gree

Shut up!

Piggidiot amaka smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by crazygod(m): 10:43am On Mar 14, 2023
Is this some kind of Military FIFA ranking?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by mctech(m): 10:47am On Mar 14, 2023
Of course, our military is one of the best trained in the world. Why Boko Haram is killing them like chicken is the question that begs for answers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by fijihems: 10:48am On Mar 14, 2023
True giant of Africa indeed.
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Judolisco(m): 10:51am On Mar 14, 2023
SmartPolician:
Whenever I see ranking, the first thing I think of is the criteria used to draw the list. Here, they stated it's firepower.

However, our experience with terrorism has shown that firepower is not enough. If you have the best military hardware and arms, but fifth columnists are working hard to undermine the military, you don't have an army.

That's why it took Nigeria over 12 years to stop terrorists detonating bombs in public places and killing Nigerians in their numbers. Jonathan even had to hire South African mercenaries to help in the fight.

I wish the ability to fight and defeat terrorists was the basis for rating military strength because terrorists are the most difficult enemies to fight and defeat. For me, if you haven't fought and defeated terrorist groups yet, you don't know your military capabilities yet.
d fight against terrorism is kinda difficult... See Hw long us spent in Afghanistan
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by kiddkash(m): 10:51am On Mar 14, 2023
Biodun556:
By next year or before the end of this year when all ordered military equipment would have arrived, Nigeria should be number 3 or 2 in Africa. Buhari really tried, he equipped the military
They can't because 1-3 all have sub marine
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by pocom16: 10:52am On Mar 14, 2023
thisisit:
POINT OF CORRECTION!!
NIGERIA DOESN'T HAVE AN INSTITUTION CALLED NIGERIAN MILITARY
WHAT WE HAVE IS NORTHERN MILITARY

THE GLOBAL FIREPOWER INDEX IS FOR NORTHERN NIGERIA MILITARY

BECAUSE ALL 17 SECURITY CHIEFS IN NIGERIA ARE FROM THE NORTH.
NO WONDER NIGERIAN MILITARY COULD NOT DEFEAT BOKO HARAM AND BANDITS.

Their military.. NOT NIGERIA MILITARY

This is not true..

The military itself has 4 service chief...

2 are from the north and the other from the south..
.your problem is that there is no Igbo man there

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Xristars(m): 10:52am On Mar 14, 2023
Israel is now number zero I believe
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by lomprico(m): 10:55am On Mar 14, 2023
If that's so, then boko haram should be the #1 terrorist group because they are showing Nigerian army wotowoto.
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by rafcrown(m): 10:56am On Mar 14, 2023
Only Boko Haram and ISWAP can rate them correctly,perfectly and reasonably well.
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by BJanta: 11:12am On Mar 14, 2023
Na for which war front then do the competion ?
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by freemanq(m): 11:14am On Mar 14, 2023
Na lie oo
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by winner37(m): 11:17am On Mar 14, 2023
Am not surprised because Nigeria Army tried their best to fight terrorist and eliminate them but since our politician are the root founder and are using them for selfish purpose is impossible to get them down ...
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Debangis20(m): 11:17am On Mar 14, 2023
We shall become no. 1 super power in Africa! This is my strong desire!
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Burgerlomo: 11:22am On Mar 14, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
Who did the ranking? undecided undecided undecided

Nigerian men are us*less.....all of them embarassed embarassed embarassed

I hope you remember that your father is among the Nigerian men you called useless

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Debangis20(m): 11:24am On Mar 14, 2023
Judolisco:
d fight against terrorism is kinda difficult... See Hw long US spent in Afghanistan

Yes. Fight against terrorism is handled effectively through 'intellectual approach.'
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by pacespot(m): 11:29am On Mar 14, 2023
The firepower of Nigerian military that is being used to kill Nigerians but unlike the USA using its military firepower to kill American enemies in foreign countries.
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Fearyourcreator: 11:43am On Mar 14, 2023
colorsofrainbow:
India is regarded as a developing country but damn! That country is doing really well on international level. They get better rep from the international community.

As for Naija, the little rep wey we dey manage, Buhari don carry us go where we no know. Na Thiefnubuu wan come finish everything patapata 🧑‍🦽

God no go gree
Ode
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Firstcitizen: 11:47am On Mar 14, 2023
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by Idiko1: 12:38pm On Mar 14, 2023
SmartPolician:
Whenever I see ranking, the first thing I think of is the criteria used to draw the list. Here, they stated it's firepower.

However, our experience with terrorism has shown that firepower is not enough. If you have the best military hardware and arms, but fifth columnists are working hard to undermine the military, you don't have an army.

That's why it took Nigeria over 12 years to stop terrorists detonating bombs in public places and killing Nigerians in their numbers. Jonathan even had to hire South African mercenaries to help in the fight.

I wish the ability to fight and defeat terrorists was the basis for rating military strength because terrorists are the most difficult enemies to fight and defeat. For me, if you haven't fought and defeated terrorist groups yet, you don't know your military capabilities yet.

Do not forget the case of who drew the list.
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by dappydozzy(m): 12:42pm On Mar 14, 2023
2mercy:

https://leadership.ng/nigerian-military-ranked-36th-globally-4th-in-africa/

I knew Egypt will come first in Africa, those guys have gone far than Nigeria especially in the application of artificial intelligence in the military. They also have a great airforce. Hosni Mubarak really built the Egyptian military being a former airforce general when he was vice president of Egypt during Anwar El Sadat regime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by dappydozzy(m): 12:45pm On Mar 14, 2023
Debangis20:
We shall become no. 1 super power in Africa! This is my strong desire!

You dont become a superpower through the military only. It is not through military strength that you become a superpower. A lot of things are involved. Nigeria can become a superpower in Africa but not in this century.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by coputa(m): 1:05pm On Mar 14, 2023
How,when they are ill motivated.I learnt they buy their kits themselves.
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by djseanjohn77: 1:13pm On Mar 14, 2023
SmartPolician:

Even America till date are unable to completely deal with terrorist, cos they created that monster eating up the world. There is more homicide in the US than terrorism in Nigeria, and there are more missing and unfound people in the US than in Nigeria in 5 years. Even US hires many Jihadists or mercenaries to tackle the Taliban and other terror groups. You can't fight terror alone, cos it's also a product of a combination of many ideologies and groups.
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by fabolouz1(m): 1:40pm On Mar 14, 2023
These rankings are biased and I don't take any ranking serious.
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by immortalmortal: 1:41pm On Mar 14, 2023
And they cannot fight small Boko Haram?
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by JigsawKillah(m): 1:52pm On Mar 14, 2023
Until it's time to attack unarmed civilians, then they'll be number one.
Re: Nigerian Military Ranked 36th Globally, 4th In Africa By Firepower Index by lormarx: 2:36pm On Mar 14, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gani Adams Praises Buhari, Says He’s Nigeria’s Abraham Lincoln / Nigerians Expectations From President-elect, Buhari / Top 10 Questions For President Buhari Before 2019 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.