Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Join Me To Celebrate My Anniversary Today - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Join Me To Celebrate My Anniversary Today (340 Views)

Hello Everyone, Please Celebrate My Birthday With Me Today (photos) / Two Nairalanders Celebrate Their Anniversary Today!!! / Broke Lady Gets N2m From A Stranger To Celebrate Her Daughter's Birthday (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Join Me To Celebrate My Anniversary Today by AlphabozzComedy: 6:13am On Mar 15, 2023
Hello guys,
So today is my one week anniversary of not smoking, drinking alcohol and masturbating.

This might sound strange but for the past 20 years, these three habits are something I couldn't do without every single day. Aside masturbating that sometimes I might have to skip a day or two without it, I have never been able to spend a full day without smoking cigarettes and taking alcohol (especially dry gin) first thing in the morning before going anywhere or doing anything. Even when I was in university it was worse the the point I usually get high before I can actually write my exams but I thank God I graduated well with a 2:1.

I decided to take a new turn the beginning of this year 2023 but since January I just couldn't see how my life will be without these three habits am so use to. But last week, I don't know what came over me and I just stopped all three same day. It's been quite a struggle having to live without them but I have made it so far up to a week without them and I see myself feeling healthier than before so it's encouraging me to understand that I can live better without these bad habits.

However I must say it's quite a boring life without alcohol especially and I'm still trying to understand how people that don't drink enjoy life. Please join me to celebrate my one week anniversary and I will appreciate all your encouragements.
Re: Join Me To Celebrate My Anniversary Today by incandescentena: 6:14am On Mar 15, 2023
Ironically, knowing that you would take the rest of the weeks off from drinking booze gave you energy and motivation to keep up. Congratulations

However, Quitting with proper medical supervision may be more important than whether you stop gradually or all at once( proven)

Well done!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Join Me To Celebrate My Anniversary Today by Jennifer141(f): 6:31am On Mar 15, 2023
AlphabozzComedy:
Hello guys,
So today is my one week anniversary of not smoking, drinking alcohol and masturbating.

This might sound strange but for the past 20 years, these three habits are something I couldn't do without every single day. Aside masturbating that sometimes I might have to skip a day or two without it, I have never been able to spend a full day without smoking cigarettes and taking alcohol (especially dry gin) first thing in the morning before going anywhere or doing anything. Even when I was in university it was worse the the point I usually get high before I can actually write my exams but I thank God I graduated well with a 2:1.

I decided to take a new turn the beginning of this year 2023 but since January I just couldn't see how my life will be without these three habits am so use to. But last week, I don't know what came over me and I just stopped all three same day. It's been quite a struggle having to live without them but I have made it so far up to a week without them and I see myself feeling healthier than before so it's encouraging me to understand that I can live better without these bad habits.

However I must say it's quite a boring life without alcohol especially and I'm still trying to understand how people that don't drink enjoy life. Please join me to celebrate my one week anniversary and I will appreciate all your encouragements.

All glory and honour be to God for your changes in life style. Congratulations to you for digging deep into your self and realising that you need to change form your ways Happy one week anniversary to you for that. This calls for celebration, one week is not one day.

As for your last question on everything thing being boring with out alcohol. That is the devil talking you need to shut it down. How? You may ask .

Well it's easy. First do you have a hobby if yes why don't you make do with it. If no even better find a hobby.

You need to realize that there is more to the life you are living. Ask yourself this question "If I die now what have I done in this life that I can be proud to say I did it myself, what is the essence of my life."

We all came into this world for a reason some to change it for good while others for bad but the sad thing is that some don't even know the reason for their existing.

What is the reason for your existing.

Have you found it.

If not go and find it.

Only then would you know the answer to this question

"Who am I"

1 Like

Re: Join Me To Celebrate My Anniversary Today by Bahamas95(m): 6:38am On Mar 15, 2023
Congratulations, Keep it up. cool

What caught my attention was the part you said you stopped the three bad habits same day. I think that's divine intervention, I haven't heard that before. What I have heard about people battling with addiction is that they stop gradually.

You just have to maintain it and avoid anything that would get you tempted. Don't ever believe that voice speaking to you that life would be boring without alcohol......If you go back to that lifestyle you might not survive it. Engage yourself with things that would add value to your life.
Re: Join Me To Celebrate My Anniversary Today by DispatcherLagos: 6:43am On Mar 15, 2023
You will definitely go back to at least 2
Re: Join Me To Celebrate My Anniversary Today by AlphabozzComedy: 9:46am On Mar 15, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
You will definitely go back to at least 2

I don't think I will go back. All through the one week I have still been hanging out with friends we usually smoke together but while they are smoking and drinking I am not moved about it anymore. I just sit back and take energy drink. When I feel tired I leave them and head back home.
What I noticed is that I now practically eat too much unlike before.
If I can maintain the tempo for a month then I believe I will never go back to it ever again.
I wish I can be doing a video of myself through this journey to keep records of whatever transformation would occur because I'm quite skinny but lately people are telling me I'm adding some weight.
Re: Join Me To Celebrate My Anniversary Today by DispatcherLagos: 10:20am On Mar 15, 2023
AlphabozzComedy:

I don't think I will go back. All through the one week I have still been hanging out with friends we usually smoke together but while they are smoking and drinking I am not moved about it anymore. I just sit back and take energy drink. When I feel tired I leave them and head back home.
What I noticed is that I now practically eat too much unlike before.
If I can maintain the tempo for a month then I believe I will never go back to it ever again.
I wish I can be doing a video of myself through this journey to keep records of whatever transformation would occur because I'm quite skinny but lately people are telling me I'm adding some weight.
Happy for you.
But you see nicotine? Fear am
Re: Join Me To Celebrate My Anniversary Today by AlphabozzComedy: 11:38am On Mar 15, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
Happy for you.
But you see nicotine? Fear am

Honestly it's very bad. I have never imagined I can stay just a single day without smoking or tasting alcohol. But now it feels weird that I perceive the cigarettes smoke around me but I'm not moved to take a stick anymore.
Re: Join Me To Celebrate My Anniversary Today by ItisWell22(f): 11:43am On Mar 15, 2023
God is involved, and I pray He helps you sustain it. 🙏

🎉🎊

(1) (Reply)

A Native American Replied My Comment On Youtube / cock nd bull story / Illiterate Wife Signs The Document Which Forced Them To Sell Their House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.