Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,253 members, 7,864,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:08 PM

Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? (1922 Views)

Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent How True? / Is God Everywhere? (omnipresent) / Is Mary Omnipresent Like God That She Can Hear All Those Praying To Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Dangig: 1:46pm On Mar 18, 2023
MightySparrow:

His God is one - in - one.
My own is three -in - one.
He thinks for his God.
My own does as He wishes, needs no counselors.
His God does not perform miracles.
Miracles are natural acts of my God that people call supernatural.
His God sends his spirit that gives messages editable in the future.
My God and His attributes are same as eternal.

With these I have been able to prove beyond all reasonable and unreasonable doubts that my God and MaximumSide's God are not one and the same.grin
Q.E.D.

Cc: Dangig

Gbamest! Straight to the point. smiley
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 1:47pm On Mar 18, 2023
Dangig:

The Bible has already described God perfectly well which contradicts what the poster presented here. I follow the Bible. Therefore, the poster is talking about a different god.

You're still arguing without a proof!

This is what the OP meant:

"The outcry against Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah is indeed great, and their sin is very heavy. I will go down to see whether they are acting according to the outcry that has reached me. And if not, I can get to know it" Genesis 18:20-21

Now answer the simple question:

According to what God Himself said in that verse to Abraham, is the true God omnipresent? smiley
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Dangig: 1:49pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:

You're still arguing without a proof!

This is what the OP meant:

"The outcry against Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah is indeed great, and their sin is very heavy. I will go down to see whether they are acting according to the outcry that has reached me. And if not, I can get to know it" Genesis 18:20-21

Now answer the simple question:

According to what God Himself said in that verse to Abraham, is the true God omnipresent? smiley

Someone has already posted proof from the Bible. Go back and read them. You worship a different god.
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 1:54pm On Mar 18, 2023
Dangig:

Someone has already posted proof from the Bible. Go back and read them. You worship a different god.

End of the road!

You don't know what the Bible teaches but you want to argue. Well that's what being a fully competent and completely equipped student of the Bible means {2Timothy 3:16-17}, we make sure of all things not just follow what people say! 1Thessalonians 5:21

So run along! wink
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Dangig: 2:03pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:

End of the road!

You don't know what the Bible teaches but you want to argue. Well that's what being a fully competent and completely equipped students of the Bible means {2Timothy 3:16-17}, we make sure of all things not just follow what people say! 1Thessalonians 5:21

So run along! wink

When people are giving you strange descriptions of very important personalities in the Bible, you need to look critically at what they are telling you. It is just like someone describing President Buhari as a short and fat man. Your mind should quickly tell you that person is describing somebody else to you. When descriptions of God do not fit in with what the Bible says, you should apply brake like you are driving a car and pause to think. The people giving you these descriptions are indirectly telling you about a different god who has Limitations. If you are a real Christian well grounded in the Bible, you should know that Limitations is not in the dictionary of an all Powerful Being whose wisdom cannot be fully understood in the person of Almighty God himself. The poster and You may think you are teaching people something new and catchy but you are not aware of the fact that you have succeeded in Reducing Almighty God to the barest minimum with this strange teaching of yours. The summary of your teaching is Almighty God is not All Powerful. He has weaknesses. Therefore, the word "Almighty" is useless. That's what your doctrine is telling us. Your doctrine has a description that should be attributed to a god, a creature, a created being way less than Almighty God himself.

1 Like

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by MightySparrow: 2:25pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:

Are you among those preferring evil instead of good?
Well to whatever is found in the Bible or what Isaiah said in that verse {Isaiah 5:20} i Maximus say:

Amen in Jesus name! smiley
Bless and curse not. You don tear the passage ní ?
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 3:06pm On Mar 18, 2023
Thanks for the epistle!

Now back to the question:

Is it God that spoke to Abraham @ Genesis 18:20-21?
If YES, is He omnipresent? smiley

Dangig:

When people are giving you strange descriptions of very important personalities in the Bible, you need to look critically at what they are telling you. It is just like someone describing President Buhari as a short and fat man. Your mind should quickly tell you that person is describing somebody else to you. When descriptions of God do not fit in with what the Bible says, you should apply brake like you are driving a car and pause to think. The people giving you these descriptions are indirectly telling you about a different god who has Limitations. If you are a real Christian well grounded in the Bible, you should know that Limitations is not in the dictionary of an all Powerful Being whose wisdom cannot be fully understood in the person of Almighty God himself. The poster and You may think you are teaching people something new and catchy but you are not aware of the fact that you have succeeded in Reducing Almighty God to the barest minimum with this strange teaching of yours. The summary of your teaching is Almighty God is not All Powerful. He has weaknesses. Therefore, the word "Almighty" is useless. That's what your doctrine is telling us. Your doctrine has a description that should be attributed to a god, a creature, a created being way less than Almighty God himself.
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 3:08pm On Mar 18, 2023
MightySparrow:

Bless and curse not. You don tear the passage ní?

Your faithlessness is epic! grin

Even Jesus Christ declared woes on faithless miscreants criticizing the truth so you can continue running just know that you can't hide! wink
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Enskynelson(m): 3:36pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:

If God is everywhere please explain this:

“The outcry against Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah is indeed great, and their sin is very heavy. I will go down to see whether they are acting according to the outcry that has reached me. And if not, I can get to know it.” Genesis 18:20-21 smiley
Now I know whom I am dealing with. Say it no more. I understand you 😆😆😆😆😆
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Dangig: 3:50pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:
Thanks for the epistle!

Now back to the question:

Is it God that spoke to Abraham @ Genesis 18:20-21?
If YES, is He omnipresent? smiley

You cannot use the same Bible to counter what it says. It means you don't believe what the Bible says about God. You are not worshipping Almighty God. Your god has Limitations. He has weaknesses. He is not All Powerful. That's not Almighty God. The word Almighty is useless according to your doctrine. There is no need fishing for verses to twist and turn to make your doctrine work or seem acceptable. It is not acceptable and can never be. Maximus, you worship a god and Not Almighty God.

1 Like

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by MightySparrow: 4:21pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:

Anyhow you want to put it at least now i've taught you to know those serving as God's eyes throughout the earth so if you choose not to know why God isn't interested in seeing things for Himself the one i taught you today will stick there in your head after all you can never ever get such information elsewhere even your Papa doesn't know about it.

So continue running! smiley

Bad extrapolation, Angels (angels are spirits; as all that dwell in heaven are spirits John 4:24) have their works though.
They go wherever they are sent. But God sits in a place - His Throne Room (if you wish) from where HE co ordinates all affairs of the universe. He atimes visits any part of it. Adam and Eve were visited. He came personally in what looks like a ' spaceship' to visit Ezekiel. Ezekiel 1.

Mostly, He coordinates and communicatess with HIS Spirit. Mostly symbolized.

Zechariah 4:2,6,10
[2]And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof:
[6]Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.
[10]For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

Revelation 5:6
[6]And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

So, Sir I don't accept your teaching. It is your community truth.
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by MightySparrow: 4:23pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:

Your faithlessness is epic! grin

Even Jesus Christ declared woes on faithless miscreants criticizing the truth so you can continue running just know that you can't hide! wink

Woe is an anthem in your community?
Okay, Continue.

1 Like

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2023
Enskynelson:

Now I know whom I am dealing with. Say it no more. I understand you 😆😆😆😆😆

Thanks for your time! wink
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2023
So you need ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE not just picking words without considering what God said about Himself! Genesis 18:21-22

Dangig:

You cannot use the same Bible to counter what it says. It means you don't believe what the Bible says about God. You are not worshipping Almighty God. Your god has Limitations. He has weaknesses. He is not All Powerful. That's not Almighty God. The word Almighty is useless according to your doctrine. There is no need fishing for verses to twist and turn to make your doctrine work or seem acceptable. It is not acceptable and can never be. Maximus, you worship a god and Not Almighty God.
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 5:31pm On Mar 18, 2023
Good!
So go and worship with your fellow believers i have my own spiritual family! smiley

MightySparrow:

Bad extrapolation, Angels (angels are spirits; as all that dwell in heaven are spirits John 4:24) have their works though.
They go wherever they are sent. But God sits in a place - His Throne Room (if you wish) from where HE co ordinates all affairs of the universe. He atimes visits any part of it. Adam and Eve were visited. He came personally in what looks like a ' spaceship' to visit Ezekiel. Ezekiel 1.
Mostly, He coordinates and communicatess with HIS Spirit. Mostly symbolized.
Zechariah 4:2,6,10
[2]And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof:
[6]Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.
[10]For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.
Revelation 5:6
[6]And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
So, Sir I don't accept your teaching. It is your community truth.
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 5:32pm On Mar 18, 2023
MightySparrow:

Woe is an anthem in your community?
Okay, Continue.
Thank God it's Jesus and other servants of God that proclaim WOE on faithless miscreants we only say "Amen" heartily since we know it's not about us! cheesy
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by MightySparrow: 5:37pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:
Good!
So go and worship with your fellow believers i have my own spiritual family! smiley

Hahahagrin
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by MightySparrow: 5:38pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:

Thank God it's Jesus and other servants of God that proclaim WOE on faithless miscreants we only say "Amen" heartily since we know it's not about us! cheesy

Association of woe proclaimers.grin

1 Like

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Dangig: 5:40pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:
So you need ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE not just picking words without considering what God said about Himself! Genesis 18:21-22

And I am telling you that the Accurate knowledge is already in the Bible for all to see. Accurate Knowledge is when you read all verses about a Subject before forming a Doctrine. You can't pick one verse and disregard other verses. That's not how to read the Bible. The problem with your Cult is they pick one verse and form a doctrine from it. But they never bother to read other verses to see if their inference/conclusion from one verse agrees with the rest of the Bible. You must be careful with how you read the Bible. You are quoting Genesis 18 vs 20 and 21 and jumped into the Conclusion that God can be Ignorant. But you fail to realise that other Bible verses describe the totality of God's knowledge. Your Cult refused to consider these other verses that talk about God's knowledge. Therefore, whatever conclusion you arrive at from one verse is wrong since other verses are talking about something else. This means your Cult conclusion based on Genesis 18 vs 20 and 21 is wrong as long there are other verses that specifically describes God as All knowing. If God wasn't All Knowing, we wouldn't have the Books of Revelations, Daniel, Jeremiah and Ezekiel today. Unless you are trying to tell us All the contents in those books are all wrong and just imaginations. You have been provided with verses to read by others. I will not quote any for you. Go and read your Bible. You talk like you just joined Christianity newly. Who taught you?

2 Likes

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2023
MightySparrow:

Association of woe proclaimers.grin

Woe to those who say that good is bad and bad is good, Those who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness, Those who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! Isaiah 5:20 ~ Isaiah

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you give the tenth of the mint and the dill and the cumin, but you have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness. These things it was necessary to do, yet not to disregard the other things". Matthew 23:23 ~ Jesus

They're Jehovah's Witnesses please count me as one of them! cheesy
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 6:25pm On Mar 18, 2023
Thanks for the epistle!

Can you now answer the simple question? smiley

Dangig:

And I am telling you that the Accurate knowledge is already in the Bible for all to see. Accurate Knowledge is when you read all verses about a Subject before forming a Doctrine. You can't pick one verse and disregard other verses. That's not how to read the Bible. The problem with your Cult is they pick one verse and form a doctrine from it. But they never bother to read other verses to see if their inference/conclusion from one verse agrees with the rest of the Bible. You must be careful with how you read the Bible. You are quoting Genesis 18 vs 20 and 21 and jumped into the Conclusion that God can be Ignorant. But you fail to realise that other Bible verses describe the totality of God's knowledge. Your Cult refused to consider these other verses that talk about God's knowledge. Therefore, whatever conclusion you arrive at from one verse is wrong since other verses are talking about something else. This means your Cult conclusion based on Genesis 18 vs 20 and 21 is wrong as long there are other verses that specifically describes God as All knowing. If God wasn't All Knowing, we wouldn't have the Books of Revelations, Daniel, Jeremiah and Ezekiel today. Unless you are trying to tell us All the contents in those books are all wrong and just imaginations. You have been provided with verses to read by others. I will not quote any for you. Go and read your Bible. You talk like you just joined Christianity newly. Who taught you?
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Dangig: 6:51pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:
Thanks for the epistle!

Can you now answer the simple question? smiley

I can see you are really a learner in Christianity. Let me lecture you the basics of Almighty God. Let me tell you the implications of this inaccurate doctrine of yours. You say God is not all knowing. Therefore he can be ignorant. This doctrine sounds like what will come from a Demon, specifically Satan. Only demons who hate Almighty God will come up with this doctrine. You know why? Because Satan wants all the worship that God rightfully possesses. So, what does he do? He teaches his disciples doctrines that Diminish God. He makes God look Casual. Therefore, he insinuates that God really isn't all that powerful. We can't really depend on him for Knowledge. He cannot know everything. He may make mistakes in dishing out knowledge because he doesn't know everything. Which means anyone can do whatever they like with the belief that God won't know the evil that they are doing. And because God doesn't know everything, then the good people do to others will also not be recognised by God. And since God doesn't know everything, then how will the wicked be judged Accurately by Jesus and the righteous be rewarded? People who believe this doctrine will treat people anyhow they like and commit all sort of atrocities believing God won't know because like you said, He can be ignorant. That's the danger in this doctrine.

1 Like

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by MightySparrow: 7:26pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:

Woe to those who say that good is bad and bad is good, Those who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness, Those who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! Isaiah 5:20 ~ Isaiah

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you give the tenth of the mint and the dill and the cumin, but you have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness. These things it was necessary to do, yet not to disregard the other things". Matthew 23:23 ~ Jesus

So your organization accept payment of tithes to fully obey Jesus as house to house evangelism,
or you just choose what to obey?

2 Likes

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by oteneaaron(m): 7:32pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:

“Woe to you, hypocrites!... ". Matthew 23:23 ~ Jesus

Exactly how you and every other Jehovah's Witness are HYPOCRITES.

You say gambling is a sin and a sign of greed, but you are receiving free money from the Norwegian Gambling Authority.

Last year alone, your organization received over 4M Norwegian Krones.

You call others hypocrites - have you looked into the mirror recently?

1 Like

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 7:53pm On Mar 18, 2023
Can you just answer the question first? cheesy

Dangig:

I can see you are really a learner in Christianity. Let me lecture you the basics of Almighty God. Let me tell you the implications of this inaccurate doctrine of yours. You say God is not all knowing. Therefore he can be ignorant. This doctrine sounds like what will come from a Demon, specifically Satan. Only demons who hate Almighty God will come up with this doctrine. You know why? Because Satan wants all the worship that God rightfully possesses. So, what does he do? He teaches his disciples doctrines that Diminish God. He makes God look Casual. Therefore, he insinuates that God really isn't all that powerful. We can't really depend on him for Knowledge. He cannot know everything. He may make mistakes in dishing out knowledge because he doesn't know everything. Which means anyone can do whatever they like with the belief that God won't know the evil that they are doing. And because God doesn't know everything, then the good people do to others will also not be recognised by God. And since God doesn't know everything, then how will the wicked be judged Accurately by Jesus and the righteous be rewarded? People who believe this doctrine will treat people anyhow they like and commit all sort of atrocities believing God won't know because like you said, He can be ignorant. That's the danger in this doctrine.
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 7:55pm On Mar 18, 2023
MightySparrow:

So your organization accept payment of tithes to fully obey Jesus as house to house evangelism,
or you just choose what to obey?

Isaiah and Jesus both declared "WOE" so let's talk about them! cheesy
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Maximus692(m): 7:57pm On Mar 18, 2023
When you're ready to learn i will TEACH you! wink

oteneaaron:

Exactly how you and every other Jehovah's Witness are HYPOCRITES. You say gambling is a sin and a sign of greed, but you are receiving free money from the Norwegian Gambling Authority. Last year alone, your organization received over 4M Norwegian Krones. You call others hypocrites - have you looked into the mirror recently?
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by MightySparrow: 7:58pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:

Isaiah and Jesus both declared "WOE" so let's talk about them! cheesy
So woe declarer. You declared woe also. Good one.

In the same place where Jesus declared woe.. He declared other things. So you obey the woe alone shey?

1 Like

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by oteneaaron(m): 8:00pm On Mar 18, 2023
Maximus692:
When you're ready to learn i will TEACH you! wink

Teach me how to become a hypocrite like you?

Nah, I pass.

Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by correctguy101(m): 8:05pm On Mar 18, 2023
Ireportlive:
As you have negative and positive charge and polarity.. proton and electron

God and Devil are spiritual polarity like good and bad and they exist everywhere there is atom

Bless your soul..

You're very wrong, ah, yes, you're also very right... grin grin

That's one definition of God anyways and my soul agrees with that definition.

I have a friend who'll tell you, the Universe is God. Energy is God, the Forces of nature are all gods. And my soul feels he's totally correct... Imagine

God means different things to different people, this I'm sure of. And whatever it means to whoever, that's God. shocked

SMH
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by correctguy101(m): 8:09pm On Mar 18, 2023
oteneaaron:

Exactly how you and every other Jehovah's Witness are HYPOCRITES.

You say gambling is a sin and a sign of greed, but you are receiving free money from the Norwegian Gambling Authority.

Last year alone, your organization received over 4M Norwegian Krones.

You call others hypocrites - have you looked into the mirror recently?

Na wa you o.

Let the matter rest already. It's turning into a nag.

We the enlightened are aware there's hypocrisy in all religious organization, the JW's included. grin grin

But you no dey tire to argue?

It's just like someone arguing with a madman... Stop already
Re: Is God Everywhere, Omnipresent? by Ireportlive: 8:11pm On Mar 18, 2023
correctguy101:

Bless your soul..

You're very wrong, ah, yes, you're also very right... grin grin

That's one definition of God anyways and my soul agrees with that definition.

I have a friend who'll tell you, the Universe is God. Energy is God, the Forces of nature are all gods. And my soul feels he's totally correct... Imagine

God means different things to different people, this I'm sure of. And whatever it means to whoever, that's God. shocked

SMH

Thanks...

God

Ilah

Allah

Eledumare

Chucku okike abiama

And all that just means higher intelligence and higher being... And the supreme being is actually outside the universe perhaps multiverse nobody knows, but the ultimate creator and the intelligent form creating physical reality and dark matter are not of our dimensions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do Christian Need To Curse To Defend Jesus Death And Ressuration? / My Pipu, Is It Hypocritical Of Me To Listen To Gospel Music, But To Not Believe? / Academic Excellence Granted, Genotype Swaps From 'ss' To 'aa'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.