Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,498 members, 7,843,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) (40220 Views)

Tinubu Casts His Vote For Governorship/ House Of Assembly / Osun Elections: Ademola Adeleke Casts His Vote (PHOTOS) / Ekiti Election: Fayose Arrives Polling Booth, Casts His Vote (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by lhordspy: 12:19pm On Mar 18, 2023
Asour:

I am not talking about absolute voter numbers.

I'm referring to % of votes.

He has the least % of votes.

That is to say BAT won ~37% of total votes.
No presidential candidate since 1999 has won below 40% of votes โ€” including PMB in 2019.

This time we had Four main contender in the race unlike the two horse race we experienced before. It was bound to be like that.

Think now. Stop allowing sentiment cloud your common sense, sir.

1 Like

Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by 7lives: 12:20pm On Mar 18, 2023
helinues:

Cry softly
Help am na, a bucket or a snipper
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by teepain: 12:24pm On Mar 18, 2023
Asour:

I am not talking about absolute voter numbers.

I'm referring to % of votes.

He has the least % of votes.

That is to say BAT won ~37% of total votes.
No presidential candidate since 1999 has won below 40% of votes โ€” including PMB in 2019.

Any one of the 3 leading candidate would have won with the least percentage because it was 3 horse race as against the usual 2 horse race that we have always had.

1 Like

Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by Atlantis585: 12:33pm On Mar 18, 2023
Useless old crook.

Spits at him and his wife and walks away!
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by cl0r0x: 12:40pm On Mar 18, 2023
lhordspy:
From a freedom fighter - to Senator Tinubu - to a man on exile, the consequence of fighting for democracy - then to Governor Tinubu - now President Tinubu.

A blessing to country; Nigeria.
The greatest politician there was.
The greatest politician there is.
And the greatest politician there will ever be.

"If you hate who God loves, my friend you are in trouble''

No one voted your drug baron. Time will tell.
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by OSESUNATE(m): 12:41pm On Mar 18, 2023
enemyofprogress:
abeg make we here word. Racism does not mean stupidity. Na stupidity go make Yoruba people to allow an igbo boy to be their governor. I'm sure you be osu from imo

Shows how foolish you are. Anyone who's not Yoruba is Igbo? I'm from Edo state and not Igbo by tribe.

So Gbadebo is an Igbo man? Is his father not a yourba man? How on earth do you people even think for God's sake?

I just hope you guys don't end up tainting the Yoruba tribe by this your attitudes and backward thinking. I leave you guys to your lots
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by Barims(m): 12:46pm On Mar 18, 2023
lhordspy:
From a freedom fighter - to Senator Tinubu - to a man on exile, the consequence of fighting for democracy - then to Governor Tinubu - now President Tinubu.

A blessing to country; Nigeria.
The greatest politician there was.
The greatest politician there is.
And the greatest politician there will ever be.

"If you hate who God loves, my friend you are in trouble''

God is Stupid
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by Asour: 12:48pm On Mar 18, 2023
lhordspy:

This time we had Four main contender in the race unlike the two horse race we experienced before. It was bound to be like that.

Think now. Stop allowing sentiment cloud your common sense, sir.

Only after the results came out you refer to it as a 4 horse race. Kwankwanso can't even be said to be a 'real' contender here.

The Obidient movement was laughed at as a structureless group of 4 tweeters in a room.

Even Kwankwanso (who isn't a front runner) deemed himself a higher calibar than the LP candidate.

Reno even predicted that Obi would come a distant third (and this prediction was right he came a distant third).

My point is that BAT won the election but can't be said to be the greatest 'politician' when he had the lowest % of total votes โ€” lower than PMB in 2019.

He BAT even made a divisive comment 2 days ago in Lagos forgetting that he's now the President in waiting no longer a Lagos /APC Boss & that he needs the support of others to succeed.
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by Asour: 12:51pm On Mar 18, 2023
teepain:

Any one of the 3 leading candidate would have won with the least percentage because it was 3 horse race as against the usual 2 horse race that we have always had.

This isn't true.

I don't think PO would have won.
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by teepain: 12:57pm On Mar 18, 2023
Asour:

This isn't true.

I don't think PO would have won.

Read that comment again. I wasn't theorizing on who could or couldn't win. My submission was that since the presidential election was a 3 horse race, any one who emerged as winner should have been expected to have the least percentage of winning votes compared to when we had 2 front runners.
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by Laple0541(m): 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2023
Throwback:

We dash you all Lagos votes, all Rivers votes, all Plateau votes, all Tinubu's votes in the SouthEast.

Guess what?

Tinubu still wins majority votes, and secures 25% or more in 27 states to beat the benchmark of 24 states.

Guess what again?

If those votes are given to Obi, he is still stuck at 16states with 25% or more. He will be 2nd behind Tinubu with the 2.6m gap reduced to about 1.6m.

Peter Obi was never in a position to defeat Tinubu in a 4 horse race.

Know this and know peace.

What a brilliant analysis, kudos ๐Ÿ‘
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by zomby(m): 1:03pm On Mar 18, 2023
May God bless the president-elect Bola Ahmead Tinubu!

May God bless Nigeria and all Nigerians!
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by INDOMIE9090(f): 1:05pm On Mar 18, 2023
nnamdi640:
We have root, that is why we don't fail to travel during December. It is only your people that come to Lagos and forget about their root, some will even claim to come from Lagos
as an awori boy from OTA
Lagos and ogun belongs to me
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by zomby(m): 1:07pm On Mar 18, 2023
Throwback:

We dash you all Lagos votes, all Rivers votes, all Plateau votes, all Tinubu's votes in the SouthEast.

Guess what?

Tinubu still wins majority votes, and secures 25% or more in 27 states to beat the benchmark of 24 states.

Guess what again?

If those votes are given to Obi, he is still stuck at 16states with 25% or more. He will be 2nd behind Tinubu with the 2.6m gap reduced to about 1.6m.

Peter Obi was never in a position to defeat Tinubu in a 4 horse race.

Know this and know peace.

The sad part of it all is, Peter Obi knew from day one that he couldn't win the presidential election...Only God knows when the gullible Igbos will finally realize that Peter Obi is a scammer. It is all about Peter Obi, not about Nigeria or the Igbo. Let's see how long it will take these fooolss to see the light.
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by INDOMIE9090(f): 1:08pm On Mar 18, 2023
bjhere2009:

After selling all your ancestral lands to the Igbos and relocating to your timid villages.
thieves want to come and claim houses you didn't build.
It is you that will leave Lagos for the Igbos.
ibos who have landed properties are not up to 0.8%
So keep shut,am sure you donโ€™t even knw the road that leads to Lagos
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by lhordspy: 1:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
Asour:

Only after the results came out you refer to it as a 4 horse race. Kwankwanso can't even be said to be a 'real' contender here.

The Obidient movement was laughed at as a structureless group of 4 tweeters in a room.

Even Kwankwanso (who isn't a front runner) deemed himself a higher calibar than the LP candidate.

Reno even predicted that Obi would come a distant third (and this prediction was right he came a distant third).

My point is that BAT won the election but can't be said to be the greatest 'politician' when he had the lowest % of total votes โ€” lower than PMB in 2019.

He BAT even made a divisive comment 2 days ago in Lagos forgetting that he's now the President in waiting no longer a Lagos /APC Boss & that he needs the support of others to succeed.

You are ignorant of something sir. Voting is about figures like you stated truly but it isnt just about that. Tinubu fought and won against the aggressive force of sentimental igbos who antagonise publicly and voted against him massively, the whole christian community which includes CAN, PFN... He fought against social media validation seeking youths and endsarz angry generation. The first politician to get his vote across all region, except the south/East. No other politician had achieved that feat before.

He fought the greatest battle politically in the history of Nigeria. Me saying he is the greatest politician is not just about this election. It entails his growth politically, the way he moves from grass to grace. He is a great political strategist and even you cant deny that. He is the master of Long-political games. He is the greatest politician dead or Alive in Nigeria presently.

If you differ, please give me an alternative.

1 Like

Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by INDOMIE9090(f): 1:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
JealousCobra:

If nigeria marine agency or npa stop redirecting our containers going through Lagos waters, we will stop coming to Lagos.

Back to the topic.

Thiefรฑubu is worried about LP in Lagos , did you heard him been boastful recently? Lagos is where his looting program started ๐Ÿ˜Ž
ibos who litters SANGO,ABK,IB are there because of port too Abi?
What happen to the SS port that you canโ€™t use.
Yโ€™all are refugee here in SW and we need you to leave asap .
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by wasuka14(m): 1:17pm On Mar 18, 2023
Mumu wailers. You think 8 milions and more of us are akara? May thunder destroyyour village soon.

Vinnie2000:

'INEC president casts his votes'! sad

Tinubu is like a Man who steals very HOT AKARA and put inside his pocket. ๐Ÿ˜•

Such a Person WILL NOT KNOW PEACE and will have to Drop it.
because the Steam/Heat can Fry his scrotum and Testes! embarassed ๐Ÿ˜ž
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by Asour: 1:24pm On Mar 18, 2023
lhordspy:

You are ignorant of something sir. Voting is about figures like you stated truly but it isnt just about that. Tinubu fought and won against the aggressive force of sentimental igbos who antagonise publicly and voted against him massively, the whole christian community which includes CAN, PFN... He fought against social media validation seeking youths and endsarz angry generation. The first politician to get his vote across all region, except the south/East. No other politician had achieved that feat before.

He fought the greatest battle politically in the history of Nigeria. Me saying he is the greatest politician is not just about this election. It entails his growth politically, the way he moves from grass to grace. He is a great political strategist and even you cant deny that. He is the master of Long-political games. He is the greatest politician dead or Alive in Nigeria presently.

If you differ, please give me an alternative.

'The first politician to get his votes across all the regions EXCEPT '

Why use the word Except after using the word ALL regions?

NO Nigeria Politician has ever won ALL regions before. TINUBU Inclusive.

Let me Remind you that South Eastern states voted against Igbo candidates MASSIVELY like Ojukwu (who's Biafra personified) & Orji Uzor Kalu when they voted OBJ (A Yoruba) & Yaradua (Fulani) in 2003 & 2007 respectively.

Again, let's get back to our point. Tinubu is the winner. That's great, I wish him the best.
However, he can't be the greatest Politician of all time when he won the least % of votes across the country. He also won the least % States in the History of Nigerian elections. And the least number of States since 1999.

Politics is a populist exercise. So someone who did the least (% & no of states) to win can't be said to be the greatest. Tinubu literally won the same number of States as the 2nd candidate. That has never happened since 1999.

You where quick to list all of the obstacles before Tinubu. But you failed to state the obvious advantage he had: That he was running on the platform of the incumbents' party APC.

You also failed to state how the deep crack in PDP assisted him mightily. What fight did he fight?
He's the first Nigerian candidate who has the privilege of winning with candidate with the same religion in Nigeria's history.
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by lhordspy: 1:30pm On Mar 18, 2023
Asour:

'The first politician to get his votes across all the regions EXCEPT '

Why use the word Except after using the word ALL regions?

NO Nigeria Politician has ever won ALL regions before. TINUBU Inclusive.

Let me Remind you that South Eastern states voted against Igbo candidates MASSIVELY like Ojukwu (who's Biafra personified) & Orji Uzor Kalu when they voted OBJ (A Yoruba) & Yaradua (Fulani) in 2003 & 2007 respectively.

Again, let's get back to our point. Tinubu is the winner. That's great, I wish him the best.
However, he can't be the greatest Politician of all time when he won the least % of votes across the country. He didn't also win the most number of States in the History of Nigerian elections.

Politics is a populist exercise. So someone who did the least (% & no of states) to win can't be said to be the greatest. Tinubu literally won the same number of States as the 2nd candidate. That has never happened since 1999.

You where quick to list all of the obstacles before Tinubu. But you failed to state the obvious advantage he had: That he was running on the platform of the incumbents' party APC.

Mr man. Tinubu had substantial number of votes from all region except Southeast. And i repeat, No politician ever achieved that.

Not even OBj, or Yaradua or Goodluck, or Buhari. And stop saying Igbos voted Obj, yaradua..blah blah. Igbos were under PDP as at that time. They were controlled by the PDP structures. They voted the party not the person.

If not for the emergence of a tribalistic fellow like Obi. They would have voted PDP's Atiku.

Now back to your argument. Please can you name the greatest politician in Nigeria since you differ with my choice.
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by Asour: 1:44pm On Mar 18, 2023
lhordspy:

Mr man. Tinubu had substantial number of votes from all region except Southeast. And i repeat, No politician ever achieved that.

Not even OBj, or Yaradua or Goodluck, or Buhari. And stop saying Igbos voted Obj, yaradua..blah blah. Igbos were under PDP as at that time. They were controlled by the PDP structures. They voted the party not the person.

If not for the emergence of a tribalistic fellow like Obi. They would have voted PDP's Atiku.

Now back to your argument. Please can you name the greatest politician in Nigeria since you differ with my choice.

GEJ won (not just getting 25% ) in 22 states & the FCT in 2011. Give me a single metric where Tinubu did better than Jonathan in 2011?

Hahahahahaha.

So the Igbos voted Party under PDP but voted personality under Peter Obi? Who did they vote under GEJ? So Obi alone is more powerful than the PDP (to corner PDP votes) yet he had to run out of PDP?

Hahahahahaha.

Who gets to decide that? You?
Who did people vote in Lagos last election ? Party or Person?

What exactly do you mean by substantially number of votes across all regions?

GEJ had more votes than Tinubu except for NE & NW regions in 2011. He also had more states than Tinubu.

Lastly you failed to state the advantages Tinubu had.Incumbency & PDP's internal squabbles.

There's no greatest Politician in Nigeria.
If you say there was, who was it before Tinubu won last Month?

Politics is a game of numbers. Tinubu won. But his numbers are the poorest since 1999 by a winner.

He won just 12 states.

Also GEJ won more 25% state votes than Tinubu yet he's from a Minority group.
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by lhordspy: 1:47pm On Mar 18, 2023
Asour:

GEJ won (not just getting 25% ) in 22 states & the FCT in 2011. Give me a single metric where Tinubu did better than Jonathan in 2011?

Hahahahahaha.

So the Igbos voted Party under PDP but voted personality under Peter Obi? Who did they vote under GEJ? So Obi alone is more powerful than the PDP (to corner PDP votes) yet he had to run out of PDP?

Hahahahahaha.

Who gets to decide that? You?
Who did people vote in Lagos last election ? Party or Person?

What exactly do you mean by substantially number of votes across all regions?

GEJ had more votes than Tinubu except for NE & NW regions in 2011. He also had more states than Tinubu.

Lastly you failed to state the advantages Tinubu had.Incumbency & PDP's internal squabbles.

There's no greatest Politician in Nigeria.
Of you say there was, who was it before Tinubu won last Month?

Politics is a game of numbers. Tinubu won. But his numbers are the poorest since 1999 by a winner.

He won just 12 states

Also GEJ won

You still refused answering my question.
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by boxypane(m): 1:50pm On Mar 18, 2023
JealousCobra:

Learn from an ignoramus fraudster ๐Ÿ˜Ž Nigeria will never get better.
Nigeria WILL get better.
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by Asour: 2:01pm On Mar 18, 2023
lhordspy:

You still refused answering my question.

No politician is Nigeria's greatest ever.

And GEJ had better numbers in every metric in 2011.Give me a single TOTAL metric where Tinubu did better than GEJ in 2011.

Tinubu had the poorest numbers as a winner in the history of our Presidential elections. This can't be the stuff of the greatest ever!

He won 12 states โ€” same as the second candidate.
This hasn't even happened before since 1999.

GEJ won 25%+ of votes in more states in 2011 than Tinubu yet no one said he won the most substantial votes across all regions so what exactly do you mean by Tiny won the most substantial votes across all regions that hasn't happened before?

Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by enemyofprogress: 2:10pm On Mar 18, 2023
OSESUNATE:

Shows how foolish you are. Anyone who's not Yoruba is Igbo? I'm from Edo state and not Igbo by tribe.

So Gbadebo is an Igbo man? Is his father not a yourba man? How on earth do you people even think for God's sake?

I just hope you guys don't end up tainting the Yoruba tribe by this your attitudes and backward thinking. I leave you guys to your lots
it's you that is very foolish and stupid for supporting another man to govern another tribe. Ewu!
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by lhordspy: 2:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
Asour:

No politician is Nigeria's greatest ever.

And GEJ had better numbers in every metric in 2011.Give me a single TOTAL metric where Tinubu did better than GEJ in 2011.

Tinubu had the poorest numbers as a winner in the history of our Presidential elections. This can't be the stuff of the greatest ever!

He won 12 states โ€” same as the second candidate.
This hasn't even happened before since 1999.

GEJ won 25%+ of votes in more states in 2011 than Tinubu yet no one said he won the most substantial votes across all regions so what exactly do you mean by Tiny won the most substantial votes across all regions that hasn't happened before?

You continuous reference of GEJ mean he is your own Greatest politician in Nigeria.

Alright. Accepted. Your choice and opinion are personal, so is mine. smiley
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by Asour: 2:21pm On Mar 18, 2023
lhordspy:

You continuous reference of GEJ mean he is your own Greatest politician in Nigeria.

Alright. Accepted. Your choice and opinion are personal, so is mine. smiley

GEJ is NOT my greatest Politician.

I gave you OBJ & Yaradua. Who won in SE & SS where Tinubu did poorly. You said that Igbos voted Party not persons. What exactly do you want to hear?

You asked me to name a President who has done better than Tinubu in securing substantial votes across all regions in Nigeria.

I gave you an example in GEJ.

I was No 1 against GEJ in 2015. His government was corrupt. With Deziani & Co.
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by nnamdi640: 2:45pm On Mar 18, 2023
Biodun556:

Stop going during December alone please stay their permanently instead of disturbing us in our region

Go and develop South East

Lol, Tinubu boys are the ones disturbing you.
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 2:48pm On Mar 18, 2023
Throwback:
Wonderful.

A man of destiny.

1 try, 1 win.

This man Is the greatest and most patient politician of his generation.

He never practiced prostitution or ticket hunting.

A very organic presidential candidate, now an organic President-elect.

I can't wait for his brilliance to reflect on the Government.
he's no longer brilliant, he's brain dead and criminal
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by nnamdi640: 2:49pm On Mar 18, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
as an awori boy from OTA
Lagos and ogun belongs to me
Come my area and say that rubbish and see how you will be disgrace. Beside, you are just fooling yourself, all lands belong to federal government so keep your mouth shut.
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by 688olufunke: 3:20pm On Mar 18, 2023
So?So?...
Re: President-Elect Bola Tinubu Casts His Vote (Photos) by Dottormentor: 3:33pm On Mar 18, 2023
Go and tell your father, ewure.
maleekberry:
Master rigger

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sunshine Anifowose And Sunday Omosilade Eating With His Friends (photo) / Lawal Criticizes Kachikwu For Shaking Hands At FEC Meeting / Rochas Okorocha & Wife Receive Their Grandchild In Imo From The US. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.