Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,801 members, 7,844,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

What Really Played Out In Lagos Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Really Played Out In Lagos Today (7536 Views)

Caption This Moment Of President Buhari & Tinubu In Lagos Today (pics) / President Buhari Will Be In Lagos Today. See Why / Nnamdi Kanu's "Jubril From Sudan" Story Is Tired And Played Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:37pm On Mar 18, 2023
Throwback:

They do it with a boldness that indicate they are on to something.

Alas or fortunately, they always count their chicks before they are hatched.

Don't you support your own candidate boldly as well?
Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by sunbreaker: 10:37pm On Mar 18, 2023
Benwallt:
He will lean toward Yoruba now n learn the language well. I blame the mother anyway. Sorry to say, the father didn't try too.
If he learn Yoruba can derogative statement he made be erased? He should just forget about politics and face his business. Because if he contest 100times he will not win. You can't abuse me and father, still expect favour from me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by Reality3080: 10:42pm On Mar 18, 2023
NaijaHelper1:

Sincerely I'm not
My point is that the APC has used the very same trick to get you all to subscribe to another four years of suffering. It has nothing to do with GRV.
If you really wanted to send a message to GRV on the benefits of not talking rubbish online, Funsho Doherty should have been the newsbearer not a Governor who refers to Jagaban as his principal.
y didn’t u igbos support Doherty?

8 Likes

Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by bakynes(m): 10:44pm On Mar 18, 2023
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Was it out of love you don't vote APGA in Lagos? By voting APC, aren't you voting who non Yoruba want?
So, people don't have rights to vote who they want ?

Was Jimi Agbaje not Yoruba and didn't he have Yoruba supporters? What the hell is who Yoruba want ?
Make APGA a national party first then bring in a Yoruba candidate and see if he won't get votes in Lagos. Even if he doesn't win some Yorubas will vote for him unlike you guys you mobilise and vote in blocks for one party that has Igbo agenda colouration.

Many Yorubas vote for PDP but Majority vote for APC. At least we vote across party nationally and state wise we don't vote one party blindly. Look at Osun and Oyo PDP won APC there.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by Godspikin: 10:45pm On Mar 18, 2023
NapoleonHill:
The influence and meddling of the Igbos in SW politics has returned Sanwo Olu as governor. It also got sympathy votes for Tinubu in some quarters among the Yorubas.

What makes it worse is, many of the Yoruba who pushed the Obi narrative could not bear a Chinedu administration in Lagos. We all know he has more leaning towards the Igbo tribe than the Yoruba.

To make matters worse, this accidental opportunist of a governorship candidate cannot compose a simple sentence in yoruba without sounding like a toddler who's learning to speak, even if it means rehearsing it a million times.

The Igbos, who had thought the presidential election result in Lagos was their doing alone, soon realised there's a missing piece this time. This election is different and the environment is hostile.

If you're still wondering what the missing piece is, it's simple and clear. The Yorubas withdrew their support.

You are very correct OP.

Ambode would have won this election with a very wide margin. I also think Doherty would have won too maybe with a slim margin.

If an Omoluabi had been on the ballot, some brainwashed Yorubas who voted for Obi would have still voted for the LP candidate but alas, some of those who were brainwashed regained their senses when they saw the level of hate and bitterness displayed in this GRV's posts on social media in the past.

GRV use im own hand kill himself for having that level of bitterness towards the people he intended to lead. Yorubas already could feel the bitterness in an average Igbo man, he exhibited it and other igbos too supported him in doing so.

It is pertinent to state that this bitterness is unwarranted. The Yorubas are very accommodating. It was Nigeria that fought the Igbos in the Biafran war and not the Yorubas and after the war those who had properties in Lagos got their properties back, same can not be said of the Ikwerres and other tribes close to the Igbos, yet that generation had fed their offsprings with so much bile that an average Igbo man hates the Yoruba with passion.

Also, this guy is the least competent of all the front runners.
He stutters as if he has some speech problem. Lagos economy is too big to be handed over to such a fellow. He has not shown capacity at all.

GRV's loss is Karma playing out, he deserves to lose and SanwoOlu deserves to win!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by Benwallt(m): 10:49pm On Mar 18, 2023
sunbreaker:
If he learn Yoruba can derogative statement he made be erased? He should just forget about politics and face his business. Because if he contest 100times he will not win. You can't abuse me and father, still expect favour from me

Whether you like it or not he is one of our own. He can be forgiven and reintegrated. The Igbo part of him will be flushed out.
Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by homosapien(m): 10:59pm On Mar 18, 2023
mikelopez:

Check all the results, despite all the voters surpression from your thugs and miscreants. LP is still leading

First stage of grieve. You will get over it with time. Accept my sympathy for your loss.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by Okorietitus: 11:02pm On Mar 18, 2023
raskymonojendor:
Pretty obvious. The one week extension really helped APC to recover.

The owner of the house beside mine, a Yoruba 81-Year Old former General and Military Administrator came out today to vote in Lagos.
He actually flew in from the UK to come vote.

Honestly, GRV has finished Igbos in this Lagos.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by Okorietitus: 11:03pm On Mar 18, 2023
mikelopez:

Check all the results, despite all the voters surpression from your thugs and miscreants. LP is still leading

Leading where? Are you mad?

4 Likes

Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by Okorietitus: 11:06pm On Mar 18, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

Oga with all the results I have seen so far GRV is leading

Then, you must be blind and dead.
Sanwo has finished off GRV.
You cursed Ipob members in Labour Party have wrecked Ndigbo in Lagos. The coming days will be tough for Ndigbo everywhere.
I na-aghogbu onwe gi na-eche na I na-eduhie ndi ozo.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by virginchaser(m): 11:08pm On Mar 18, 2023
Godspikin:

You are very correct OP.

Ambode would have won this election with a very wide margin. I also think Doherty would have won too maybe with a slim margin.

If an Omoluabi had been on the ballot, some brainwashed Yorubas who voted for Obi would have still voted for the LP candidate but alas, some of those who were brainwashed regained their senses when they saw the level of hate and bitterness displayed in this GRV's posts on social media in the past.

GRV use im own hand kill himself for having that level of bitterness towards the people he intended to lead. Yorubas already could feel the bitterness in an average Igbo man, he exhibited it and other igbos too supported him in doing so.

It is pertinent to state that this bitterness is unwarranted. The Yorubas are very accommodating. It was Nigeria that fought the Igbos in the Biafran war and not the Yorubas and after the war those who had properties in Lagos got their properties back, same can not be said of the Ikwerres and other tribes close to the Igbos, yet that generation had fed their offsprings with so much bile that an average Igbo man hates the Yoruba with passion.

He stutters as if he has some speech problem. Lagos economy is too big to be handed over to such a fellow. He has not shown capacity at all.

GRV's loss is Karma playing out, he deserves to lose and SanwoOlu deserves to win!

Brave and intelligent write up without sentiment nor care whose goose got bumped.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by seanwilliam(m): 11:10pm On Mar 18, 2023
headbasher96:
My country is gone we can no longer settle for who will work for us but tribalism,deceit,and lies is the other of the its actually a norm now
so grv go work ? Is sanwolu not working ?
Why are you so concerned about Lagos and not benue where you come from ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by Chukdobz20: 11:14pm On Mar 18, 2023
NapoleonHill:
The influence and meddling of the Igbos in SW politics has returned Sanwo Olu as governor. It also got sympathy votes for Tinubu in some quarters among the Yorubas.

What makes it worse is, many of the Yoruba who pushed the Obi narrative could not bear a Chinedu administration in Lagos. We all know he has more leaning towards the Igbo tribe than the Yoruba.

To make matters worse, this accidental opportunist of a governorship candidate cannot compose a simple sentence in yoruba without sounding like a toddler who's learning to speak, even if it means rehearsing it a million times.

The Igbos, who had thought the presidential election result in Lagos was their doing alone, soon realised there's a missing piece this time. This election is different and the environment is hostile.

If you're still wondering what the missing piece is, it's simple and clear. The Yorubas withdrew their support.

Before you start chest beating. Why don't you allow a free and fair election so Apc can test their popularity? In a free and fair election, Apc will loose squarely. APCs strategy is thuggery, voter suppression and rigging.. Stop making it sound like igbo vs yoruba. The sane yorubas are tired of Apc and Tinubus controll of lagos.
Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by mikelopez: 11:14pm On Mar 18, 2023
Okorietitus:

Leading where? Are you mad?

Your harlot mother is MAD

IDIOT
Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by mikelopez: 11:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
homosapien:

First stage of grieve. You will get over it with time. Accept my sympathy for your loss.

You are VERY MAD fool
Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by homosapien(m): 11:19pm On Mar 18, 2023
mikelopez:

You are VERY MAD fool

You are allowed to throw tantrum. Second stage of grieve. Accept my empathy.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by mikelopez: 11:21pm On Mar 18, 2023
homosapien:

You are allowed to throw tantrum. Second stage of grieve. Accept my empathy.

Your useless MAd harlot mother is on grieve
Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by Okorietitus: 11:24pm On Mar 18, 2023
NaijaHelper1:
You are fool.
I don't blame you too much.
I hope the east gets good leaders this time.
You'll see in no time, Igbos don't need you.
You need them.

Hiding your bias under the cover of yorubas withdrawing their support is hopeless and lame especially since the LP candidate is Yoruba too.

You voted on the basis of tribalism. Enjoy it. Idiot.

Stop crying like a fool. Come to the East and elect good leaders, mba. You sit in that Lagos thinking you are better than those of us in the East.

I hope those Yorubas in Lagos beat sense inside your empty heads.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by Okorietitus: 11:46pm On Mar 18, 2023
NaijaHelper1:

He's been irresponsible on public spaces no doubt. But is that the point of elections?

What the hell is wrong with us as a nation.
I'm addressing serious issues and your problem is unguarded comments made by someone who represents change.
What about Doherty? Wasn't he good enough? Or Yoruba enough? Or experienced enough?

I keep hearing stories of Yorubas supporting the very same system keeping us where we are because they wish to spite the LP guy which doesn't make any sense because there are other credible candidates of Yoruba extraction if you really wish to make a statement. But No. You've been blindsided again using your latent irrational hatred for Igbos into subscribing for another 4 years of thugs and traffic and crime.

No Igbo man, living or dead has the right to tell Yorubas who to vote for.
If we Igbos had commonsense, we would be talking about developing the East but no, we are more interested in stupidly claiming other people's land as ours.

I suggest that you land thieves in Lagos come to Alaigbo and develop it. Then, elect good leaders like Sanwolu in the East so that Alaigbo can be more developed than Lagos.

If you like, stay there till the next election cycle and be calling Lagos no man's land. Thugs will be entering your houses to beat you by then.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by Okorietitus: 11:48pm On Mar 18, 2023
Chukdobz20:

Before you start chest beating. Why don't you allow a free and fair election so Apc can test their popularity? In a free and fair election, Apc will loose squarely. APCs strategy is thuggery, voter suppression and rigging.. Stop making it sound like igbo vs yoruba. The sane yorubas are tired of Apc and Tinubus controll of lagos.

You are in Lagos and call some Yorubas sane, meaning others are insane.
Why are Igbos so stupid like this?
Why don't you run away from Yorubaland before insulting them.

If you like, stay in Lagos and be causing trouble. Don't come and develop Alaigbo.
Thugs will butcher you in Lagos and nothing will happen.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by BRIMBRAM: 11:50pm On Mar 18, 2023
raskymonojendor:
Pretty obvious. The one week extension really helped APC to recover.

grin
Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by Goke7: 11:54pm On Mar 18, 2023
Godspikin:

You are very correct OP.

]GRV use im own hand kill himself[/b] for having that level of bitterness towards the people he intended to lead. Yorubas already could feel the bitterness in an average Igbo man, he exhibited it and other igbos too supported him in doing so.

He stutters as if he has some speech problem . Lagos economy is too big to be handed over to such a fellow. He has not shown capacity at all.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this, Igbos are hypocrites they were mocking Tinubu for the errors in his speech but never noticed Gbadebo's own all because of hatred. This election was all about hate, nothing more

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by dominic17: 12:00am On Mar 19, 2023
There was no election in Lagos but imposition by the Lagos landlord who will never let go of his business center
Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by headbasher96(m): 12:06am On Mar 19, 2023
seanwilliam:
so grv go work ? Is sanwolu not working ?
Why are you so concerned about Lagos and not benue where you come from ?
i am concerned about the entire nigeria read my previous posts and see how i critize ortom he is not a leader and i critize others as well Nigeria is our collective responsiblity if we cant make her work we are no different of chalatans we have all we need here why cant we be an international envy rather we all make stupid decision and feel that until u jakpa before u will get it right

Where as u are blessed more than even the country u running to.

We always feel that this leaders are the right they ar3 not we dont need any one from 58 to 60 as a president but we need people who will atleast replicate what they see in other other countries rather they travel for just merely going to meet their paterns in crime is that actually the way forward imagine what will see because I am speaking from experience and I no what I am talking about like for real look at the state of things today.

Even the little they felt so proud, that they provided is more than meet the eyes because there is nothing.

Why I am telling u this is that no matter how the country is making policies it should be for the benefit of the masses not the other way round we need new bloods in Nigeria's in the Nigerian political sphere to enable us stand out as a nation.

as an African giant I believe u are proud then stand as one.

Ghetto

1.oga u never tire country wey robbers no gree rob bank 🏦 again bank come how to rob citizens na so country the be
because ghetto na basic.

this people people no send us their time don pass even peter him time don pass we men wey go think like Elon musk carry to new generation no be this kind leaders wey still the look telephone like day na big something.

Nigeria need update no be them PDP and them APC wetin na person wey if him travel u know say presido must travel anything him wey him learn there him go carry am come back no be this old men if them travel them the hide for interpol them no the the even Waka much because e fit choke.

Oga world 🌍 the evolve o we need to follow them no be to dey obsessed with PDP and APC and all other political party na the money them the eye no be us gee u na Yoruba man and I feel say na una get Lagos but 1 thing be say 1 greedy politician go still build port for another to ease transport that una Lagos go collapse na way forward we the fight no be obi and all people even if them na try them go try them no fit finish work but if everybody carry the mindset if that 1 the drop who the come know wetin him suppose do .

My thoughts though
Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by Godspikin: 12:09am On Mar 19, 2023
Goke7:

I thought I was the only one who noticed this, Igbos are hypocrites they were mocking Tinubu for the errors in his speech but never noticed Gbadebo's own all because of hatred. This election was all about hate, nothing more

They sowed hate and harvested it in multiple folds.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by johntolu: 12:21am On Mar 19, 2023
starstaz:

There is nothing wrong , as other tribes do too, LOW-KEY.
What is however wrong is their modus operandi:

They do it with inflamed passion, Lousy and putrid; devoid of persuasive BAIT but rather emotional disruption.

What was captured in the bolded, was described by Professor Soludo, as.'Nzogbu, Nzogbu politics.

https://gazettengr.com/igbos-wont-produce-nigerias-president-through-nzogbu-nzogbu-politics-soludo/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by seanwilliam(m): 12:23am On Mar 19, 2023
headbasher96:
i am concerned about the entire nigeria read

My thoughts though
hmm.
In all honesty, I share your sentiments and I fully understand where you’re driving at.
However , Rome was not built in a day and when presented with two devils , we have to choose the lesser one , at least for now.
Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by NaijaHelper1(m): 12:44am On Mar 19, 2023
Okorietitus:

Stop crying like a fool. Come to the East and elect good leaders, mba. You sit in that Lagos thinking you are better than those of us in the East.

I hope those Yorubas in Lagos beat sense inside your empty heads.

You're right my brother.
Surely, I have been a fool thinking we can be one with these people. I see that very clearly now.
Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by NaijaHelper1(m): 12:46am On Mar 19, 2023
Reality3080:
y didn’t u igbos support Doherty?

I did. Stfu
GRV and Sanwo Olu have nothing to offer.
Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by Chukdobz20: 12:57am On Mar 19, 2023
Okorietitus:

If you like, stay in Lagos and be causing trouble. Don't come and develop Alaigbo.

Sorry I'm not in lagos and never lived there and will never live there. That's the kind of society you want to live in with backwardness. No wonder Nigeria is a cesspit. Maybe you think everybody lived in lagos. Sorry!! You can eat and swallow your lagos.. The fact remains all Nigerians contribute to the greatness of lagos. Yes lagos is yoruba land. Are igbos dragging ilorin, oshogbo and ibadan too? Why this tribalism?? Lagos is cosmopolitan just like onitsha.. In onitsha you will see people from the whole country living and doing business there..

All your arguments is centred on tribalism. Allow a free and fair election like sane countries do. I am apolitical, I dont support any candidate.. Just act for one like a country with sane minds and hold a free and fair election devoid of what we saw yesterday..

Nigeria is mockery at the international scene and clear signs of a failed state.. Both igbos and yorubas are in their millions living in other countries., working and contributing to sane countries. If you believe this election is normal then I doubt your sanity too.
Re: What Really Played Out In Lagos Today by Chukdobz20: 2:05am On Mar 19, 2023
Okorietitus:

I hope you can compare your glorified lagos with the likes of Accra, Johannesburg, Cairo... Sorry its a backward enclave with backward leaders and followers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obidients Are Behaving Like Political Bandits, Controlling Peter Obi-Bwala / Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"! / AN IGBOMAN Becomes First African To Become A Senior Officer In American Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.