Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election (38292 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Olukayode Doherty, Declares APC Winner / Ebonyi: PDP/APGA petitions fail as tribunal re-affirms APC's Nwifuru as Gov / Ebonyi Governorship: Glory Of 2nd Tenure Shall Be Greater Than First - U Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by aieromon(m): 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2023
The candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has been declared the winner of the March 18 governorship election in the state.

Declaring the result at the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) State Headquarters in Abakaliki on Sunday, the State Returning Officer, Charles Igwe, said Mr Nwifuru garnered a total of 199,131 votes cast across the 13 local governments in the state.

His closest challenger, Ifeanyi Odii of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), got a total of 80,191 votes to place second.

The candidate of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA), Bernard Odoh, came third with 52,189 votes.

“I, Professor Charles Igwe, hereby certify that I am the Returning Officer of the governorship election held on 18th March 2023 in Ebonyi State.

“That Francis Nwifuru of the APC having satisfied the requirements of the law and having scored the highest number of votes is hereby declared winner and is returned elected,” he said.

Mr Igwe, who is the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Nigeria, Nsuka, said the total valid votes was 342,554 while 7,387 votes were rejected; bringing the total votes cast for the election to 349,941.

Meanwhile, the governor-elect, Francis Nwifuru, has thanked the people of Ebonyi State for entrusting their mandate to him for the next four years.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/589139-its-official-inec-declares-apcs-nwifuru-winner-of-ebonyi-governorship-election.html

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by princejohnard(m): 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2023
Hope lover of Nigeria class of '23 will not be shouting "stolen mandate" .....

134 Likes 11 Shares

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by otuomasirichi: 3:27pm On Mar 20, 2023
Well deserved undecided

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by Didi2d(m): 3:27pm On Mar 20, 2023
Delta nkooo?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by fastseo: 3:28pm On Mar 20, 2023
for everyone to be satisfied we should do away with paper type of voting.
we should move to e voting where reports will be sent on real time.

with this losers will be satisfied.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by oyin44: 3:29pm On Mar 20, 2023
That man fought a lot of battle before he won that election. .. grin cheesy

This election don tire zombidiots

98 Likes 11 Shares

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by SmartPolician: 3:29pm On Mar 20, 2023
Wike hijacked PDP and bullied Dave Umahi into moving to the APC. That move was the best thing that happened to APC in South East because that man did an outstanding job in his state. In fact, Dave Umahi remains one of the best governors Nigeria has ever produced since the inception of democracy.

In a new state of Ebonyi in dire need of infrastructure, Dave Umahi came to their rescue. What it means is that any party he joins can easily win votes in the state because many people will ride on his popularity.

Congratulations to the new governor, Mr. Nwifuru. One agendum I am giving the new governor is to focus on human capital development. Ebonyi State badly needs it!

168 Likes 12 Shares

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by Legitisreal: 3:29pm On Mar 20, 2023
Lol

Ebonyi is finished

Una want force labour on other people but don't want it in ebonyi

What of apga now, the LP pro max

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by Penguin2: 3:30pm On Mar 20, 2023
Nwifuru was my candidate in Ebonyi from the get go due to some local peculiarities.

Glad he won even though I know the election was rigged for him which I condemn.

But from what I’m seeing, he still would have won without rigging just that the margin would have been smaller.

10 Likes

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
Oboy, LP is a finished party. I thought those online wailers swore to take over the governorship election! 🤣

I still dey ask, so wetin come be the useless noise when they couldn't win anything? Losers! 😛🤣
APC dey give them backshot home and abroad! 🤣

351 Likes 13 Shares

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by ronalmagic10(m): 3:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
The court must revist lp votes in the presidential election. no way they had even 2 million votes

No way!!

345 Likes 15 Shares

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by Obaofaba: 3:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
Good!!!

I'm so so happy with this news.

South east must be liberated.

We must capture the remaining states in the east as soon as possible.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by NothingDoMe: 3:32pm On Mar 20, 2023
princejohnard:
Hope lover of Nigeria class of '23 will not be shouting "stolen mandate" .....
Definitely a stolen mandate!!! We shall recover it.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by Penguin2: 3:33pm On Mar 20, 2023
Legitisreal:
Lol

Ebonyi is finished

Una want force labour on other people but don't want it in ebonyi

Labour didn’t have candidate in Ebonyi.

How many times would they tell you or are being deliberately malicious?

Look at Enugu and Abia where Labour has candidates PDP is fighting for their life.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by FreeStuffsNG: 3:34pm On Mar 20, 2023
Wow!!! David Umahi na man joor cheesy This is the kind of my Igbo brothers in APC who can talk within APC meetings in Abuja. He is the kind who can contest as a Nigerian on APC platform and not divide us by tribe and religion.
check my signature for free stuffs!

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by Obaofaba: 3:34pm On Mar 20, 2023
APC winning everywhere.

Compare this results to the cooked up numbers they gave to obi during the presidential election.

Obi has to be arrested for electoral fraud.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by NothingDoMe: 3:35pm On Mar 20, 2023
Penguin2:

Look at Enugu and Abia where Labour has candidates PDP is fighting for their life.
Nor mind am. One minute LP is igbo party. Next minute LP is not recognized in Igboland.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by NothingDoMe: 3:35pm On Mar 20, 2023
Obaofaba:
Good!!!

I'm so so happy with this news.

South east must be liberated.

We must capture the remaining states in the east as soon as possible.
That's fine. Stay away from SS 😆🤣

3 Likes

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by Obaofaba: 3:38pm On Mar 20, 2023
NothingDoMe:
That's fine. Stay away from SS 😆🤣

South South are our neighbors, we are one.

Edo is coming home soon.

12 Likes

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by Legitisreal: 3:41pm On Mar 20, 2023
Penguin2:

LP lite aka apga no also dey ebonyi abi

Why always the broom party

3 Likes

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by Legitisreal: 3:42pm On Mar 20, 2023
Obaofaba:

Edo is coming home soon.
which home

Tufiakwa it stays in ebonyi alone
Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by NothingDoMe: 3:51pm On Mar 20, 2023
Obaofaba:

Edo is coming home soon.
SS is not one with APC. When I said keep it there, i meant keep your APC there. Nor bring am come SS. Thaku

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by OVB123: 3:51pm On Mar 20, 2023
SmartPolician:
Wike hijacked PDP and bullied Dave Umahi into moving to the APC. That move was the best thing that happened to APC in South East because that man did an outstanding job in his state. In fact, Dave Umahi remains one of the best governors Nigeria has ever produced since in the inception of democracy.

In a new state of Ebonyi in dire need of infrastructure, Dave Umahi came to their rescue. What it means is that any party he joins can easily win votes in the state because many people will ride on his popularity.

Congratulations to the new governor, Mr. Nwifuru. One agendum I am giving the new governor is to focus on human capital development. Ebonyi State badly needs it!
Your aforemention is the reason(s) I voted APC. Congrats to APC.

9 Likes

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by olaboy33(m): 3:55pm On Mar 20, 2023
Correct me if I'm wrong, I think this is the first time APC would win a gubernatorial election I the South East.

4 Likes

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by nedu666: 4:00pm On Mar 20, 2023
The result will be challenged in court.
Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by Penguin2: 4:04pm On Mar 20, 2023
Legitisreal:
LP lite aka apga no also dey ebonyi abi

Why always the broom party

LP has no business with Soludo’s party.

And what makes APGA LP lite?
Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by Penguin2: 4:06pm On Mar 20, 2023
olaboy33:
Correct me if I'm wrong, I think this is the first time APC would win a gubernatorial election I the South East.
Rochas won in 2015 under APC.

26 Likes

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by sageb: 4:18pm On Mar 20, 2023
olaboy33:

You are wrong
Rochas Okoroacha of APC won Imo State election in 2015

20 Likes

Re: INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election by Omoawoke: 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2023
grin

No man's land 79

No man's land 1200

They left their state dey fight for another man's state.

No man's land kee you there

30 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose Slams Buhari-Arrest Boko Haram Not Dasuki / Fear Ngwa People In Abia State. / Photos Of Nigerian Soldier Killed By Boko Haram Recently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.