Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

When Would The Nigerian Embassy Stop Humilating Us? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Would The Nigerian Embassy Stop Humilating Us? (1137 Views)

Iranians Storm Nigerian Embassy In Tehran To Protest Army Attack On Shiites / Prof. Alexia Thomas To Buhari: Shut Down Nigerian Embassy In Uk Within 48hrs / Nigerian Embassy In Berlin Attacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Would The Nigerian Embassy Stop Humilating Us? by luvlawyer(f): 10:03am On Sep 01, 2007
I invited my friend to Nigeria, we had no time to go to the embassy and i hipped my country saying that she could use a special delivery envelope e.t.c
that way they could send her visa directly to her.
I was a bit worried, b-cos usually when you go to the embassy the place be like market place and them go curse you 1st before them give you visa.
anyway i thought ok, it must have changed now so we will just apply this way and track the progress on-line.
when her passport arrived i was ecstatic! I say chei my county has improved!
until i opened the passport,

1. the wrong date of issuance
2. the wrong type of visa
3. the wrong type of visit

in fact the only thing that wasn't wrong was the passport!
i dey shame sha, but wetin make i do?
Re: When Would The Nigerian Embassy Stop Humilating Us? by toshmann(m): 3:03pm On Sep 01, 2007
sorry o. no vex.

but what we have in london is The Nigeria High Commission. not embassy. (though dem mean de same thing almost)
Re: When Would The Nigerian Embassy Stop Humilating Us? by denex: 6:09pm On Sep 01, 2007
@luvlawyer

You are not happy about that? Well why don't you come down to Nigeria and apply for a visa to the USA "online".
By online, I mean on that long neverending line that starts to take shape at about 4 am, where security men will assault you with "bulala" several times per day, where the early dawn will give way to the morn and yet the dusk would find you there still but you haven't even entered the office.
Try that for a change, then next time you apply to Nigerian Embassies abroad, you wouldn't complain about them cursing you first before they give you the visa.

Meanwhile, where is Bannabas and the banning committee? Seun please delete me from Nairaland O! Stop using your tricks of selected banning to inflate Nairaland membership by forcing people to open multiple IDs. Delete me you hear. I have tried for your nairaland. I'm tired of this rubbish.
Re: When Would The Nigerian Embassy Stop Humilating Us? by oge4real(f): 6:34pm On Sep 01, 2007
@ denex,
Who hold you before,  you can delete yourself don't disturb Oga Seun! wink
Re: When Would The Nigerian Embassy Stop Humilating Us? by luvlawyer(f): 10:07am On Sep 02, 2007
@ toshman- thank you for telling me they mean the same thing, and your sorry go make things better, you do well.

@ denex, you are an idiot, so i nor go answer you , or better still let me give you a little dose!
i bet alot of bulalas have thought you in the past,
who knows, you might just need some more.
you are so unsure of your answers it should be recomposed and its senseless.
What a protective answer to what is not right! and a backward way of thinking.

so becos them bulalah you for US embassy be the same reason why you act like a fool?
don't we Nigerians have to strive to do better than give the wrong visas? and what has the us
embassy got to do with how me deal with our own business?
and so if our people go wrong we cant speak
abeg behave yourself, and again just to reiterate DELETE YOURSELF! such a low thinker!
Re: When Would The Nigerian Embassy Stop Humilating Us? by luvlawyer(f): 8:26am On Sep 04, 2007
CONVERSATION WITH NIGERIAN EMBASSY/CONSULATE LONDON

ring, ring, ring, automated answer

yetunde, hello i am wondering if you could direct me to the right person, i recently applied for a visa to visit Nigeria(cut short)

NGembassy[/b], madame please you have to call back in 20 minutes!
[b]
yetunde
, Whom should i ask for when i call?

NGembassy, the operator will direct you, please call back thank you bye!

yetunde, a little upset !(decided to engage in other things setting my time to 25 minutes)

ring, ring, ring, ring,

yetunde, hello?

embassy, yes?

yetunde
, i called earlier my name is, i applied for visa and was given the wrong visa, wrong date wrong visit

NGembassy., please dial extension 260!

yetunde, (almost in tears)

ring ring ringggggggggggggggggggggggg!

yetunde, connects to 260, HELLO! I recently applied for a visa on your website, it reads that i could ask for a visit visa, pay the fee of £70
attach all documents and send by special delivery. i did all of this including a special delivery attached to be sent back to me,
i received my passport. thank you! however the exact visa that was issued was wrong.

NG embassy extension 260, why did you not come to the embassy yourself?

yetunde, because your website says that you offer services online, plus i printed the form filled it in expected that this would be of use to the embassy.

NG embassy extension 260, But madamme you know we have a lot of
cases to deal with you cannot blame the people that work here!

yetunde, i believe this was the reason you set up a website? so that the work load could be less ( extension 260 interrupts)

NG embassy extension 260, you want to argue with me maddame?

yetunde, oh absolutely not! what exactly i called for was how can this be rectified?

NG embassy extension 260[/b]madam its your fault that you did not come
to the embassy yourself!besides it is not compulsory for you to go to Nigeria!
it is very difficult for us to get visa stickers and there is too much work here

(murmuring to himself) this their yeye idea of online visa) then to me this idea of online is new!

[b]yetunde
really? i am sorry i applied the way i did but it seems like i am taking the blame for your own mistakes,
you put up a website i followed all your instructions, you have made a mistake by issuing the wrong visa and i expect
your mistake to be rectified. i have spent some money in all of these ups and downs you could as well take down
the website and i would be on my way to apply at the embassy! it saves us both the stress.

NG embassy extension 260 madam i have other people to deal with and you want to argue with me.

yetunde(thinking, i could smack a one!)

yetunde so what exactly should i do?

NG embassy extension 260
madam i dont know! i have other people to deal with!

Yetunde is currently tailoring a letter to the Nigerian ambassador, copying the visa section and taking it further if nothing is done!
Re: When Would The Nigerian Embassy Stop Humilating Us? by toshmann(m): 11:46am On Sep 05, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin i wish you luck yetunde. it seems you've lived in the UK for long, you dont know what nigeria looks like again grin grin grin grin grin

see, once you enter that high commission in london you are in a mini nigeria grin grin grin things work there the way they work in oluwole/ojuelegba etc grin grin grin
Re: When Would The Nigerian Embassy Stop Humilating Us? by JNdupu: 8:54pm On Sep 08, 2007
The online system is probably only as good as the lemmings tasked with implementing it but I can only recommend visiting in person where possible.  The is because, to be fair, the Visa section in Fleet Street is so, so, so much improved.  Years back, it was a manic place but I was pleasantly surprised how seamlessly it went last year when I applied for my kids' passports.  Provided you follow the published procedures to the letter, it should not be the hectic experience it used to be.  The waiting area could do with another lick of paint but the queing system works well and the counter folks are polite enough.  It was also cool sitting around waiting, and connecting with different country people from all over the UK.

toshmann:

grin grin grin grin grin i wish you luck yetunde. it seems you've lived in the UK for long, you don't know what nigeria looks like again grin grin grin grin grin

see, once you enter that high commission in london you are in a mini nigeria grin grin grin things work there the way they work in oluwole/ojuelegba etc grin grin grin
Re: When Would The Nigerian Embassy Stop Humilating Us? by ogajim(m): 1:25pm On Sep 10, 2007
@denex

What has applying for Visa and being issued the wrong type/date got with not being able to get into the American embassy? This is plain ignorance compounded by astounding ignorance. Is it our fault that you can't get into American embassy? Nigeria charges more than any other embassy I've ever applied for Visa ($100) which I understand to be reciprocal but at the very least, they need to be organized and issue the right visa. I am sure they will issue the right visa if you leave the money order blank instead of "pay to the order of Nigerian embassy" smiley).
Re: When Would The Nigerian Embassy Stop Humilating Us? by saintchux(m): 2:12pm On Sep 10, 2007
I wonder want you people are complaining about, you called Nigeria High commision they answered and you are complaining, come here and call British high commission 4 one week their phone will be rining and nobody will answer you.

(1) (Reply)

Hi Everyone I Got This 419 Mail In My Inbox Yesterday. / South African Ship Union Stops Chinese Arms Shipment To Zimbabwe / Lagos Gets FG's Nod To Build Airport ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.