Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? (20235 Views)

What Is The Best Car You've Ever Owned/driven? / What Is The Ugliest Car You've Ever Seen? / Which is the worst car you ever owned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Freiburger(m): 5:19pm On Nov 09, 2011
That was my first car 1994 VW golf. My younger brother still owns it till date he's got about 350,000km on it the last time i saw the car.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by nissparts(m): 5:25pm On Nov 09, 2011
In Nigeria or Germany?
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Freiburger(m): 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2011
^^ I used the car in Germany but the car is now in Nigeria still in a very good condition.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:42pm On Nov 09, 2011
its got to be benz 190 for me. drove it for over eight years. never saw the inside of

the engine or gearbox. the only major issue i had with it was always the injector

and men, the black smoke could be so distressing when it starts to act up!  grin
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by ayojango(m): 6:32pm On Nov 09, 2011
Mine was a 504 peugeot was purchased in 85 and sold in 2005 20yrs it rocked men frm lag,to akure,ibadan,makurdi never gave engine or gear problem.wish thy culd start reproduction again
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2011
ayo jango:

Mine was a 504 peugeot was purchased in 85 and sold in 2005 20yrs it rocked men frm lag,to akure,ibadan,makurdi never gave engine or gear problem.wish thy culd start reproduction again

Yes, the Peugeot 504 was a tough old beast, especially the older French imports (L and GL). The later PAN-assembled ones weren't as good.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Piedpiper(m): 12:27pm On Nov 10, 2011
Reliability ?
Must be my 190E I had in the early Y2kish. Spent a little, serviced averagely but served its time.
Even though I rarely use a car for more than 6 months as I do not want to be paying a mechanic a premium. shocked
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by nissparts(m): 12:31pm On Nov 10, 2011
Quite a few 190s in this thread surprisingly
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by GeorgeD1(m): 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2011
nissparts:

Quite a few 190s in this thread surprisingly

there's a reason for that my friend. ever had of german engineering? cool
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by eddy42k(m): 6:29am On Nov 11, 2011
my renault laguna 1996 used for four year with hard labour neva disapointed me
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by igahdavid(m): 12:33pm On Nov 11, 2011
Pegeout 504 GL, a screw driver, a 12/13 spanner and u are good to go
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:08am On Nov 15, 2011
igahdavid:

Pegeout 504 GL, a screw driver, a 12/13 spanner and u are good to go

ha, ha, ha! what a way to zoom, zoom!  grin
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Nobody: 3:40am On Nov 16, 2011
The most reliable I've ever and still use is the Toyota Camry 2.2, Its parts are very cheap and runs ever smooth

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by DECOtech(m): 2:45pm On Nov 16, 2011
The most reliable car I've ever owned is my 1982 mercedes benz, since 1994 n Still in active service. I've refused to let d old lady go though own two other new generation cars.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by 989900: 10:09pm On Nov 16, 2011
Toyota Liteace '88 and Toyota Corolla '82
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by dollypi(m): 6:04pm On Jan 02, 2012
BMW 325i, 1991 model. Added ver 70,000km to it within 3 years. Ultra reliable!
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 19, 2013
nissparts: Quite a few 190s in this thread surprisingly

yh, I heard the 190 was their most faulty model
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by peterjero(m): 4:13pm On Aug 23, 2013
lagcity: 1987 Toyota Camry. mehn that car strong die. when i dey use that car, even BMW go dey stuggle to pass me for I-495. there was a time that i went for oil change and the mechanic looked at me shockingly and said "there's no freaking oil in this thing grin grin." if it were another car, the engine would have packed up long ago.
But i am not totally surprised at the toyota's performance becos i learnt that the japanese were on their A game during the 80s and that American carmakers dismantled toyota cars to find out the secret of the japanese. that's how reliable and strong those japanese cars were back then, i don't know about now since things have gone electrical and mechanics are nolstagic about the old days.
That's the same car I own but mine is 1989 I think its the best toyota ever made, I've used mine for 9 years and I've added 202,000km on it . I won't sell that car for 3m very reliable and easy to fix.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by peterjero(m): 4:24pm On Aug 23, 2013
lagcity: 1987 Toyota Camry. mehn that car strong die. when i dey use that car, even BMW go dey stuggle to pass me for I-495. there was a time that i went for oil change and the mechanic looked at me shockingly and said "there's no freaking oil in this thing grin grin." if it were another car, the engine would have packed up long ago.
But i am not totally surprised at the toyota's performance becos i learnt that the japanese were on their A game during the 80s and that American carmakers dismantled toyota cars to find out the secret of the japanese. that's how reliable and strong those japanese cars were back then, i don't know about now since things have gone electrical and mechanics are nolstagic about the old days.
That's the same car I own but mine is 1989 I think its the best toyota ever made, I've used mine for 9 years and I've added 202,000km on it . I won't sell that car for 3m very reliable and easy to fix.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by DECOtech(m): 4:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
YoruIgbo:
My background is Plant and Engine Reliability so you can call me a Reliability Engineer, I understand what Reliable is grin grin. My Bugatti has never visited a garage and is not designed to visit a garage until her end of service life which is 87 years grin
I believe you joor! ...checkout my signature. My most reliable ride was and still is the very popular 1995 Mercedes-Benz 230E, manual tranny. (9ja calls it the "V-boot"wink. Never say die! Before this, I had a 1982 Mercedes Benz 230E.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by kizzle4eva(m): 1:26pm On Jul 18, 2014
I would give that award to ma 1985 Benz 230E(Flat Boot).
It was passed down to me from ma Dad, I i grew up seeing it and guess what?
Its still up n kicking with a mileage of 900k plus
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Evasmil4(m): 12:08am On Aug 04, 2018
Most reliable car I use is the 2001 Volvo V40.
Never disappointed me on the road.
My Travel companion.
Drove from 132000km now standing at 218570km
From 2014 to date and still bouncing.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by aasunmoh(m): 11:04pm On Aug 04, 2018
most reliable car... my 1992 EX accord.. bought 2001 (17yrs) stiil running till date. Still has its factory engine n gearbox.. 280,000 miles.... best honda ever!!!

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Charly68: 6:02pm On Jun 15, 2019

I think you missed this part, "What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned?" grin
are you sure the man is in sync with this discuss ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VW Resumes Vehicle Assembling In Nigeria …after 20years / What Does It Mean To Have “mansory” Attached To The Name Of A Car? / 6 Strong Reasons Why You Should Consider Buying A Dashboard Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.