Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,505 members, 7,954,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:40 PM

What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? (20546 Views)

What Is The Best Car You've Ever Owned/driven? / What Is The Ugliest Car You've Ever Seen? / Which is the worst car you ever owned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by mikesleek(m): 8:11am On Sep 18, 2011
Tobi_dad:

Its a Bi-Pedal Classic
Zero fueling cost and maintanance free and parking was and still never is a problem.
My God-given LEGGEDY-BENZ

i feel you jare!

aloy/emeka:

PEUGEOT 404

That's Nigeria's baby, Peugeot 404; it is the second strongest car in the 20th century and the most powerful, it can easily pass as a super hero`s car like Batman. It has the fastest acceleration speed, reaching 60 mph in 2000.5 seconds. It can easily transport 2000lbs of plantain from Agboju to Ijesa tedo market in one trip @ 33mpg.

Endowed with a 4.0L W6-Cylinder, four turbochargers, and a muscle controlled manual transmission, the 404 can reach a top speed of 53 mph and can last up to 40 years. The last one I saw had over 4m miles on it and is still going strong. When will the French build something like that again?.

i feel you jare
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by mikesleek(m): 8:14am On Sep 18, 2011
are some posts deleted?
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by koolguy88(m): 8:15am On Sep 18, 2011
my VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 1985 model was my most reliable car, i used it frm 99 to 2003, though i've used 3 other cars and presently using a camry 2000 V6, but my VW Golf 2 was my most relaible and efficient car.
it has the following attributes

speed
fuel economy
cheap parts
durable parts
low cost service
easy to maintain
CO2 emission is low
easy to repair
mechanics every
taxi
long distance journey
etc

my VW surprised me, during a feul scarcity in kano city, i had to trip to zaria, it was urgent, it took just 2gallons of fuel from kano to zaria, can you imagine!

grin
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by cantell(m): 8:17am On Sep 18, 2011
Leggedis benz.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by xynerise: 8:39am On Sep 18, 2011
2009 model pathfinder. I FEEL RELAXED IN IT.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by otiigba1(m): 12:22pm On Sep 18, 2011
mercedece benz 320 ML fantastico!!
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 18, 2011
My [b]LEG[/b]XUS! tongue tongue I trek any where i want! All i need to do is eat and supply my [b]leg[/b]xus with energy! And also cut my nails frequently! cool

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by calabaman(m): 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2011
Was my old mans car but i must say his peugeot 504 is the strongest and most rugged car i have ever driven. . .whatever terrain, what ever distance, what ever time his good ol 504 was always ready to move without a hiccup or complaint. .i still miss the old lady
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by JimmyBoy1: 1:18pm On Sep 18, 2011
I enjoyed my Toyota Sienna,spacious, powerful V6 engine, good clearance from the ground and strong shock absorbers. I regret selling it.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Mojibola(m): 1:32pm On Sep 18, 2011
As me
Exponental:

Nissan Bluebird '86 model, liftback. Acquired 9yrs after registered owner. It gave me comfort @ schl den, never coughed wen I was broke. Outside servicing, I hardly spent on it. N500 fuel to n from lagos-Ijebu Ode, N700 Ibadan. Bought anoda after dat. Love dat machine. Buyers of d 2 still enjoy dem.
you are damn right, until the automatic transmission began to give me problems, and i changed it to manual. I guess i shoulda let the car rest in peace.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by pawa4ul: 1:32pm On Sep 18, 2011
My first car was very reliable, and that was the Almighty Agbadagbururu BENZ 190E

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by omoajiri(m): 2:09pm On Sep 18, 2011
Peogeot 504
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by chelseabmw(m): 2:23pm On Sep 18, 2011
mikesleek:

are some posts deleted?

Yes some post were deleted. . . . . Some dudes turning this thread into a market place
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by pleep(m): 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2011
pawa4ul:

My first car was very reliable, and that was the Almighty Agbadagbururu BENZ 190E
haha the classic mercedes 190E & 300E i was going to get one of those for my first car but the price is insane for a 17 yr old vehicle.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by sultaan(m): 4:16pm On Sep 18, 2011
A 1995 MIT's gallant, bought it at 112k miles used it for 6 yrs, sold it at 174k miles got taken at rick case Mitsubishi for $1k once for trans service and mounts last time I had some fix my rides.A 2000 jeep grand Cherokee limited bought @ 112k miles with bad mount, leaking rear axle seal(still there) now at 156k miles still going changed starter
bought MIT's with bad starter sold it for N500 with same starter buyer still driving it.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by ladel(m): 8:11pm On Sep 18, 2011
my dearly beloved 'orobo' (camry95). d car too much. it was my 3rd car. bought frm cotonou 2yrs ago. i love my orobo die
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by KOMBE: 8:24pm On Sep 18, 2011
My Benz 190E was as reliable as air, that is simply a machine. The ride can go up to 180km/hr and still has its stability. I bought it at 150,000 miles and sold it at 240,000 miles without changing the engine. I just couldn't see my self watch the new owner drive the ride out of my house as my wife was the one that handed over the car.
I met the new owner 2 years after and the guy was still happy he bought the car.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 18, 2011
Since it is titled as the most reliable car I ever owned , I'll have to say it was my first car - mazda 626 lift back 1992 model. The car was a blessing and I used it for 2 years without any major issues. The funny thing is the previous owner told me to change the engine within a 3 month period otherwise the engine would knock as it was already showing signs of knocking. I eventually used this car for 1 year 11 months without changing the engine and it never stalled on me.

I'll like to point out though that the most reliable car I used was my dad's Volvo 940. I rocked this car for 5 years ( 1998 - 2002 ) as my fathers chauffer , I was practically the owner cos I took my dad anywhere he wanted to go. The car still dey and is more of like a family heirloom as my younger brother dey cruise the car now.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by seal777(m): 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2011
@ Costee,

Waow, you still remember?.

I had to let go of the baby to give way for another one but this time, A clean toks i took delivery myself, same Camry v6 but 2001 anyway.

I have a contract with Toyota which i dont intent to end so soon, i prefer the older models i can flog with ease with little or no consequence in terms of maintenance since i still have so many things begging for attention now.

Toyota Camry's are very reliable.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by msb247(m): 11:37pm On Sep 18, 2011
MY SWEET HONDA JAZZ 2009: MINE WAS ONE OF THE FIRST THREE BROUGHT INTO NAIJA WHICH I GOT WHEN IT WAS BARELY 2 WEEKS AFTER IT WAS BROUGHT IN (THAT WAS IN JANUARY 2009). FUELLING, SERVICE & CAR-WASH ARE THE ONLY REASONS IT GAVE ME TO SPEND ON IT, TILL DATE! cool

IT WAS NOMINATED THE BEST CAR ON CAMPUS AND IT MAGNETTED A LOT OF BABES TO ME! wink cheesy cool

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by lastpage: 11:44pm On Sep 18, 2011
My most reliable and most cherished car was a Mercedes Benz V-BOOT 230E, American Specs.
It served me faithfully from using it for my wedding till l relocated some 16years later!

Its the sweetest car you can ever drive!
For the first 7years or so, l hardly open the bonnet except when the wiper bottle runs out of water (aside the regular Garrage servicing) and needs a refill.
Its just "Kick-and-Go" and being automatic transmission, its just a glider on the highway!

And l still sold it off, for half a million naira! wink kiss
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by itiswell1(m): 7:21am On Sep 19, 2011
Anybody ever heard of Terrafugia

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Trac: 9:43am On Sep 19, 2011
KOMBE:

My Benz 190E was as reliable as air, that is simply a machine. The ride can go up to 180km/hr and still has its stability. I bought it at 150,000 miles and sold it at 240,000 miles without changing the engine. I just couldn't see my self watch the new owner drive the ride out of my house as my wife was the one that handed over the car.
I met the new owner 2 years after and the guy was still happy he bought the car.

lastpage:

My most reliable and most cherished car was a Mercedes Benz V-BOOT 230E, American Specs.
It served me faithfully from using it for my wedding till l relocated some 16years later!

Its the sweetest car you can ever drive!
For the first 7years or so, l hardly open the bonnet except when the wiper bottle runs out of water (aside the regular Garrage servicing) and needs a refill.
Its just "Kick-and-Go" and being automatic transmission, its just a glider on the highway!

And l still sold it off, for half a million naira! wink kiss

Moruofe:

my legezbenz 1985. that car strong die. i still den use am. make i no mention my footwagen 1985. o gbele o

These cars are not reliable. They were never designed to be. Different philosophies, principles and concepts. This is why you till have them and decades after, blown the Bavarian imitations away in the space of time. Those with series 124 had two philosophies integrated and for some model, Mercedes lost a lot of money. The approach to the design is very deep and interesting. The question is "-- most reliable car ever owned?" Those that mentioned the Peugeot are partly correct (or fully wrong).
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by strongguy(m): 9:58am On Sep 19, 2011
just planning to buy one,may be a bus to convey people from office to workplace or a small nissan car
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by pssword: 12:29pm On Sep 19, 2011
Interesting that most of the cars mentioned are Japanese - them sabi make agbruka machines no be like,
Also a few mentions of the old mercs, especially at high mileage - it a shame cars are not made like these anymore,
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by blank(f): 1:08pm On Sep 19, 2011
I had a Toyota Corolla 2000/2001 model, not too sure bought brand new. I used it till i had to leave for my masters in 2009. I gave it to my brother and he has wrecked the car angry but it still takes him from point A to point B. That car was a life saver, very fuel efficient, no mechanic wahala at all. The only time i had to take it to the mechanic was when i hit a trailer and for servicing. God knows the countless floods i took that car through but it never stopped me in the midst of it.

Corollas are just too strong.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by MMM2(m): 1:24pm On Sep 19, 2011
g class
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 19, 2011
My most reliable car to date, was my 1994 Audi Coupe S2.

I purchased her in 1998, with 105,000 miles on the odometer. I sold her in 2005, with 543,000 miles on the clock. I drove through Europe with her extensively, between 2000 and 2004, and she never missed a beat.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by yesboss20(m): 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2011
The most reliable car I've come across is the Toyota Camry 1988 wagon. Very efficient, fast among its peers, good engine and transmission among other pts. Used her for over a decade. Kudos to the Japanese.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by Fokativ: 6:24pm On Sep 19, 2011
Benz 190.

I drove the bleeping car 8 good years on naija roads with no major issues.
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by andy244: 7:00pm On Sep 19, 2011
mine was Peugeot 505. bought brand new in 1984 by my dad, it served the family everyday until it was given to me in 1998 when i entered university and i used it everyday and as i student i too waka but never a day did that car disappoint me, although i learn good maintenance culture from dad so the car was well maintained by me. I had it alongside my 96 civic, 2001 extera, vw bug but i relied on the 505 for any movement because it will never stop my movement. i sold it this year. my 2005 accord is trying to replace that 505 because that car is an obedient servant for the 3 years i am using it. good luck guyssssss
Re: What's The Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? by hbrednic: 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2011
my MORRIS MINOR still responding till date.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Commercial Bus Catches Fire On Lekki Expressway In Lagos (photos) / What Three Things Does An Engine Need To Run? / My Engine Rings Are Failing: Is It Better To Work On It Or Change The Engine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.