Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Humphrey Nwosu: The Second Hero Of June 12 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Humphrey Nwosu: The Second Hero Of June 12 (472 Views)

How June 12, 1993 Election Was Annulled - Prof. Humphrey Nwosu (Video) / Humphrey Nwosu Writes Buhari On Abiola’s Award / Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Humphrey Nwosu: The Second Hero Of June 12 by VOICEofORIENTAL: 9:16pm On Mar 23, 2023
I'm surprised that enemies of history always omitted the name of Professor Humphrey Nwosu, the NEC chairman who conducted the June 12,1993 election.

2days before the election,Arthur Nzeribe went to court to obtain an order from Justice Bassey Ikpeme, restraining the NEC from conducting the 1993 election.

However,in defiance, Humphrey Nwosu went ahead & conducted the election.
As the results trickled in, which clearly showed that Abiola had won the 1993 presidential election.

2days after the election,justice mamman Saleh upheld the Court order earlier obtained by Arthur Nzeribe, restraining NEC from the conduct of the 1993 election.

It's a long story which I won't go into now.
But my question is,why are other peoples names not mentioned?

The Yorubas, Igbos, hausa fulani & some other tribes in Nigeria HEAVILY BETRAYED ABIOLA.

NAMES:
Ibrahim Babangida.
Babagana Kingibe.
Arthur Nzeribe.
Walter Ofonagoro
Uchechukwu Merieje.
Arisekola Alao.
Lamidi Adedibu
Tony Anenih.
Justice Bassey Ikpeme.
Justice mamman Saleh.
Tom Ikimi.
Lateef Shofolahan..etc..
Re: Humphrey Nwosu: The Second Hero Of June 12 by aariwa(m): 9:24pm On Mar 23, 2023
The tragedy of wrong leaders runs for generations. Abiola was addressing issues that was facing Nigeria while tofa had no concrete manifesto. They denied Abiola the mandate because he wasn’t a northerner. Abiola had plans to build more power stations and refineries and revamp local industries and make sports and entertainment a foreign exchange earner but the people like Abacha and co cabal who pushed Babangida that denied him power based on ethnic bigotry.How far? Under Abacha Nigeria 4 refineries collapsed including power stations instead of repairing them he moved Nigeria to importation of fuels and generators. Before Abacha if stationary stores or Julius Berger or rangers or shooting stars. Is playing a match tickets are sold out a day before but under Abacha our players started leaving home clubs for overseas . Basics infrastructure collapsed except for the road repairs he started with buhari under PTDF ..twenty years after Nigeria is still suffering the same problem. Peter Obi came to contest addressing Nigeria’s issue but they still denied him. The question is has tinubu addressed issue of how he will tackle any of Nigeria’s problems?…raising up two hands during national anthem, licking microphone etc doesn’t portray him as being in the right mental state to lead Nigeria out of the current problems of massive debts and poverty, insecurity where people can’t travel from one town to another without fear of being kidnapped and killed, no jobs, high food prices etc
Re: Humphrey Nwosu: The Second Hero Of June 12 by tommy589(m): 10:32pm On Mar 23, 2023
VOICEofORIENTAL:
I'm surprised that enemies of history always omitted the name of Professor Humphrey Nwosu, the NEC chairman who conducted the June 12,1993 election.

2days before the election,Arthur Nzeribe went to court to obtain an order from Justice Bassey Ikpeme, restraining the NEC from conducting the 1993 election.

However,in defiance, Humphrey Nwosu went ahead & conducted the election.
As the results trickled in, which clearly showed that Abiola had won the 1993 presidential election.

2days after the election,justice mamman Saleh upheld the Court order earlier obtained by Arthur Nzeribe, restraining NEC from the conduct of the 1993 election.

It's a long story which I won't go into now.
But my question is,why are other peoples names not mentioned?

The Yorubas, Igbos, hausa fulani & some other tribes in Nigeria HEAVILY BETRAYED ABIOLA.

NAMES:
Ibrahim Babangida.
Babagana Kingibe.
Arthur Nzeribe.
Walter Ofonagoro
Uchechukwu Merieje.
Arisekola Alao.
Lamidi Adedibu
Tony Anenih.
Justice Bassey Ikpeme.
Justice mamman Saleh.
Tom Ikimi.
Lateef Shofolahan..etc..

Half of the names benefitted from Abacha regime without regrets. But I am lost on their link to betrayal and annulment of June 12

Prof. Nwosu promised to write a book on June 12 annulment. Not sure it's ever going to happen
Re: Humphrey Nwosu: The Second Hero Of June 12 by VOICEofORIENTAL: 11:26pm On Mar 23, 2023
aariwa:
The tragedy of wrong leaders runs for generations. Abiola was addressing issues that was facing Nigeria while tofa had no concrete manifesto. They denied Abiola the mandate because he wasn’t a northerner. Abiola had plans to build more power stations and refineries and revamp local industries and make sports and entertainment a foreign exchange earner but the people like Abacha and co cabal who pushed Babangida that denied him power based on ethnic bigotry.How far? Under Abacha Nigeria 4 refineries collapsed including power stations instead of repairing them he moved Nigeria to importation of fuels and generators. Before Abacha if stationary stores or Julius Berger or rangers or shooting stars. Is playing a match tickets are sold out a day before but under Abacha our players started leaving home clubs for overseas . Basics infrastructure collapsed except for the road repairs he started with buhari under PTDF ..twenty years after Nigeria is still suffering the same problem. Peter Obi came to contest addressing Nigeria’s issue but they still denied him. The question is has tinubu addressed issue of how he will tackle any of Nigeria’s problems?…raising up two hands during national anthem, licking microphone etc doesn’t portray him as being in the right mental state to lead Nigeria out of the current problems of massive debts and poverty, insecurity where people can’t travel from one town to another without fear of being kidnapped and killed, no jobs, high food prices etc
Exactly the points!
The criminal structures Peter Obi is talking about.

This structure has terrorized, intimidates, underdeveloped, robbed Nigerians dry from top to bottom.

Ignorant guys need to be reminded of the names of those that participated to abort the 1993 election.

1 Like

Re: Humphrey Nwosu: The Second Hero Of June 12 by N3TRAL: 11:27pm On Mar 23, 2023
grin
Re: Humphrey Nwosu: The Second Hero Of June 12 by VOICEofORIENTAL: 11:33pm On Mar 23, 2023
tommy589:

Half of the names benefitted from Abacha regime without regrets. But I am lost on their link to betrayal and annulment of June 12

Prof. Nwosu promised to write a book on June 12 annulment. Not sure it's ever going to happen
Well,I hope he do.
The most painful person who betrayed him was his VP.

How can your running mate abandoned you in the TICK of your battle to recover the aborted mandate?..
That's Babagana Kingibe for you.

1 Like

Re: Humphrey Nwosu: The Second Hero Of June 12 by VOICEofORIENTAL: 11:42pm On Mar 23, 2023
N3TRAL:
grin
Some folks would always blame only Arthur Nzeribe & Daniel Kanu just to incite tribal hate.

1 Like

Re: Humphrey Nwosu: The Second Hero Of June 12 by aariwa(m): 12:19am On Mar 24, 2023
VOICEofORIENTAL:

Exactly the points!
The criminal structures Peter Obi is talking about.

This structure has terrorized, intimidates, underdeveloped, robbed Nigerians dry from top to bottom.

Ignorant guys need to be reminded of the names of those that participated to abort the 1993 election.
Yes I was in secondary school then and still remember his issues based campaign. It was like a breath of fresh air on a useless country but the politicians hated him and spread a lot of lies and propaganda against him. They told lies that Abiola said he will throw all Bibles into the sea and convert every igbo to Muslim, told lies baba gana kingibe wasn’t a Nigerian..when Babangida annulled that election was when I knew satan was in charge of Nigeria and saw no hope for Nigeria. They wanted to make it look like Abiola won only Yoruba land by announcing a few states and suspending the rest but Humphrey Nwosu defied them and announced almost the whole results but IBB soldiers took him and beat him until he fainted . Abiola only crime was being from the south and if incompetent Tofa had won they would have given him power. After that elections I told my dad back then I wanted to leave Nigeria he refused because I am his first son. Nigeria is a tragedy and I am not sure good leadership will ever to come to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Humphrey Nwosu: The Second Hero Of June 12 by VOICEofORIENTAL: 8:05am On Mar 24, 2023
aariwa:
Yes I was in secondary school then and still remember his issues based campaign. It was like a breath of fresh air on a useless country but the politicians hated him and spread a lot of lies and propaganda against him. They told lies that Abiola said he will throw all Bibles into the sea and convert every igbo to Muslim, told lies baba gana kingibe wasn’t a Nigerian..when Babangida annulled that election was when I knew satan was in charge of Nigeria and saw no hope for Nigeria. They wanted to make it look like Abiola won only Yoruba land by announcing a few states and suspending the rest but Humphrey Nwosu defied them and announced almost the whole results but IBB soldiers took him and beat him until he fainted . Abiola only crime was being from the south and if incompetent Tofa had won they would have given him power. After that elections I told my dad back then I wanted to leave Nigeria he refused because I am his first son. Nigeria is a tragedy and I am not sure good leadership will ever to come to Nigeria
This your story makes me angry more & more,why?

The southern Nigeria can never learn.
The Hausa fulanis in northern Nigeria had created created over 60% of the problems currently facing Nigeria.

If you could remember the Gideon Orkar's coup in April 1990:
Gideon Orkar,was a TIV by tribe.

He & his team of young soldiers almost toppled Babangida, but the coup failed at the last minute.

The summary of that coup was,they wanted to push-out some northern states out from Nigeria.

Just like Ojukwu, Gideon Orkar & his team complained of lack fairness, Justice & equity.
They especially accused the northern elites of being behind of the problems facing Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Nominates Abacha’s Moneybag Atiku Bagudu, Wale Edun To Transition Council / Peter Obi Not Qualified To Contest Presidential Poll – APC Tells Tribunal / Morocco Leads, Nigeria Ranks Low On List Of African Countries With Highest Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.