Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,638 members, 7,851,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:03 PM

Morocco Leads, Nigeria Ranks Low On List Of African Countries With Highest Pay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Morocco Leads, Nigeria Ranks Low On List Of African Countries With Highest Pay (478 Views)

IPOB Not On List Of Terrorist Groups, Says UK / Ondo State Ranks Low On Domestic Debt – DMO / Nigeria Customs Ranks Low In World Bank Efficiency Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Morocco Leads, Nigeria Ranks Low On List Of African Countries With Highest Pay by Opzyguitar(m): 5:43pm On May 01, 2023
Today, Nigeria celebrates Workers’ Day, but the reality for millions of workers is bleak. Despite being home to Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria has one of the lowest average worker salaries on the continent. Data obtained from Wageindicator reveals that the average Nigerian worker earns 80% less than the highest minimum wage in Africa.

When comparing the minimum wage of selected African countries, Nigeria ranks third worst, with a minimum wage of N30,000 or $73.03 in dollar terms. Many state governments have yet to implement this wage. In contrast, Morocco has the highest minimum wage at $368.39 (MAD 3,300), followed by Seychelles at $289.39 (SR4272), and South Africa at $239.39 (21.69 rands per hour) for 160 hours of work per month. Algeria’s minimum wage is $150.03 (DZD 20,000.00), while Kenya’s is $127.72 (13,572 KES), and Libya’s is 450 local currency, which converts to $100.13.

See the full details here:

https://opzygist.com.ng/news/as-nigeria-celebrates-workers-day-see-the-african-countries-with-the-highest-and-lowest-minimum-wages/

Re: Morocco Leads, Nigeria Ranks Low On List Of African Countries With Highest Pay by BloomingDale(f): 6:00pm On May 01, 2023
Nigeria is just full of weak , wicked and corrupt men. Nigeria women should please practice selective breeding and breed out these fools.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Morocco Leads, Nigeria Ranks Low On List Of African Countries With Highest Pay by Caramia2020(m): 6:07pm On May 01, 2023
How the mighty has fallen

1 Like

Re: Morocco Leads, Nigeria Ranks Low On List Of African Countries With Highest Pay by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:08pm On May 01, 2023
What's stopping you from moving to Morocco?

1 Like

Re: Morocco Leads, Nigeria Ranks Low On List Of African Countries With Highest Pay by lexylaw40: 6:12pm On May 01, 2023
FOLYKAZE:
abi oo

1 Like

Re: Morocco Leads, Nigeria Ranks Low On List Of African Countries With Highest Pay by Typicool8(m): 6:23pm On May 01, 2023
See those two modafukas above showcasing their arrant stupidity

1 Like

Re: Morocco Leads, Nigeria Ranks Low On List Of African Countries With Highest Pay by Westerhoffe(m): 6:40pm On May 01, 2023
Typicool8:
See those two modafukas above showcasing their arrant stupidity

They might be politicians… who knows?
Re: Morocco Leads, Nigeria Ranks Low On List Of African Countries With Highest Pay by SpatialKing(m): 6:50pm On May 01, 2023
What's has APC government achieved in 8yrs?
Re: Morocco Leads, Nigeria Ranks Low On List Of African Countries With Highest Pay by biaframaster200: 6:53pm On May 01, 2023
SpatialKing:
What's has APC government achieved in 8yrs?

APC government has achieved a lot....

Come to my DM let me educate you
Re: Morocco Leads, Nigeria Ranks Low On List Of African Countries With Highest Pay by SpatialKing(m): 6:57pm On May 01, 2023
biaframaster200:

APC government has achieved a lot....

Come to my DM let me educate you

The fact that someone like me that resides in Abuja have to go to your DM to know what APC government has accomplished or achieved in 8 years gives some validity to my early statement...
Re: Morocco Leads, Nigeria Ranks Low On List Of African Countries With Highest Pay by Dafresh: 7:11pm On May 01, 2023
FOLYKAZE:
Because God didn't creat him to be a Moroccan
Re: Morocco Leads, Nigeria Ranks Low On List Of African Countries With Highest Pay by biaframaster200: 7:50pm On May 01, 2023
SpatialKing:

The fact that someone like me that resides in Abuja has to go to your DM to know what the APC government has accomplished or achieved in 8 years gives some validity to my early statement...

And the fact that you live in Abuja doesn't separate you from being blind to some of the achievements of this present administration...
Re: Morocco Leads, Nigeria Ranks Low On List Of African Countries With Highest Pay by Jacobx007: 7:54pm On May 01, 2023
How can you say N30,000.00 is $73? Is that a joke or what for heaven's sake.
N30,000.00 is roughly $40, please correct accordingly.

(1) (Reply)

MAYDAY: 24days To Inauguration Of BAT: Moneyslavery, Moneyscams & Moneysolutions / Throughout PDP 16 Years In Power, No Gravel Was Dropped On Any Road In The South / 34th NEC Meeting: ALGON Vows To Resist Unconstitutional Sack Of Council Chairmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.