Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Sanusi For President In 2015? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi For President In 2015? (12630 Views)

Poll: Will you vote for Sanusi if he runs for the presidency?

Yes: 36% (58 votes)
No: 63% (103 votes)
This poll has ended

Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / Yar’adua Tips Lamido Sanusi For CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi For President In 2015? by BizNews: 10:07am On Sep 18, 2011
Agenda 2015: Why Sanusi Should Be A Presidential Candidate?

No other state in the world has been so thirsty for a new brand of leadership like Nigeria. From both sides of the Atlantic, there is a growing scarcity for that leadership that can help the world manage today’s tensions and challenges while helping it take the leap into the new world. Most of the world’s leaders have not performed creditably well in managing aspirations and realities. It is from this fallout that the world stares blankly into the stars with hope so tired out.

http://businessnews.com.ng/2011/09/18/agenda-2015-why-sanusi-should-be-a-presidential-candidate/
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by Odunnu: 10:09am On Sep 18, 2011
Its okay if he remains a presidential candidate but any thing above that, is a big No!
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by Affalatus: 10:40am On Sep 18, 2011
Odunnu: I believe SLS is our best chance at turning this country around if your anger is based on Non Interest Banking being called Islamic Banking then I urge you to investigate the Lending rates from the American Federal Reserve for the past 10 years and the United Kingdom's lending rates. I am Christian and a currently near invisible political actor and I am not known for endorsing political candidates but I know I will vote for an "economic" President and a progressive come 2015. If SLS offers up himself and gets on the ballot. He has my vote.
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by KnowAll(m): 10:55am On Sep 18, 2011
I am not a big fan of SLS, but in the absence of our Party NRP(Nigerian Revolution Party) winning the Presidency, SLS remains the most controversial, radical Northerner that I would support. I believe through him the NRP can polish some of her extreme policies to meet half way with conventional thinking. SLS remains a rough diamond that can be moulded.
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 18, 2011
Sentiments apart,sanusi is more intelligent than most of our past and present dumb leaders.
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by Jarus(m): 11:34am On Sep 18, 2011
I will support an SLS presidential candidacy. This man is genuinely concerned about corruption and bad governance. Even in private when he let down his guard(wikileaks) he was still expressing worry about corruption and bad ministers(Aonadoakaa, Taminu, Abba Ruma etc) though they were his northern brothers. He also threatened to resign if Yar'adua told him toact unfairly by sparing BankPHB after axing others.

Give it to him, his abhorrence for corruption and bad leadership is genuine.

But like Gani Fawehinmi, I will not advise him to run. He will do well as a critic as he has been for more than 15 years now. Winning elections in Nigeria also involves a lot of compromise on personal principles. Ribadu example comes handy here.
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by ektbear: 12:08pm On Sep 18, 2011
F*** Sanusi
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by Affalatus: 12:21pm On Sep 18, 2011
Ekt_bear: I bet you are a foreigner that hates Nigeria for some reason or you have just elected to think like one. You will not succeed. You cannot kill Nigeria.
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:24pm On Sep 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

F*** Sanusi

^^^ I second that emotion.
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by Affalatus: 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2011
Nwa afo igbo o gini? Udi gi dikwalu gi.
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by DrummaBoy(m): 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2011
I second Sanusi for presidency come 2015!
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by hercules07: 12:54pm On Sep 18, 2011
I will support him if he decides to go for it, I just think that Nigerians will never vote for a honest man at the center.
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by nusdog: 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2011
You jokers have started again.
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by Odunnu: 1:34pm On Sep 18, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Sentiments apart,sanusi is more intelligent than most of our past and present dumb leaders.
i'l rather vote your version of dumb leaders again than a ruthless, arrogant fundamentalist in the person of Sanusi Lamido.
And I reiterate again what Ekt_bear said: f*****k Sanusi!
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by Rhino5dm: 1:51pm On Sep 18, 2011
God forbid! Give me Fashola anyday, anytime.

Power should not GO back to north in the next 20 years.
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by Odunnu: 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2011
Hey Rhin. You'v got a very sexy mate. Kudos
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 18, 2011
Odunnu:

i'l rather vote your version of dumb leaders again than a ruthless, arrogant fundamentalist in the person of Sanusi Lamido.
And I reiterate again what Ekt_bear said: f*****k Sanusi!

Seems you just dislike him without any reason which may not be unconnected with his islamic banking idea.btw,from obj,yardua and goodluck,things have not really change for the ordinary Nigerians.however,if sanusi would make things better,why can't he be considered ? Tell me why you think he can't rule Nigeria ?
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2011
Jarus:

I will support an SLS presidential candidacy. This man is genuinely concerned about corruption and bad governance. Even in private when he let down his guard(wikileaks) he was still expressing worry about corruption and bad ministers(Aonadoakaa, Taminu, Abba Ruma etc) though they were his northern brothers. He also threatened to resign if Yar'adua told him toact unfairly by sparing BankPHB after axing others.

Give it to him, his abhorrence for corruption and bad leadership is genuine.

But like Gani Fawehinmi, I will not advise him to run. He will do well as a critic as he has been for more than 15 years now. Winning elections in Nigeria also involves a lot of compromise on personal principles. Ribadu example comes handy here.

100% supported - of course, knowing nigeria, it would be almost impossible - the man played the cards very close to his chest before he became cbn governor - otherwise ibru and co would have stopped him

now that the political elite know what the man stands for - they will NEVER let the man smell near aso rock

dangote adenuga etal would get shut down for racketeering for a start.
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by smithoo(m): 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2011
Sanusi meant well for nigeria and nigerian. But for presidency is will vote NO. Reason been that is type of leadership is Killing the economy. We need leaders with more actions and less talk. Somebody like PAT UTOMI is a better alternative to SANUSI.
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by Rhino5dm: 2:33pm On Sep 18, 2011
Hmmmmmm! "Yaro kashe GIWA ka chi babban nama". . ."why no kill an elephant if you desire eating very big meat?". Yeah! Am a legend.

Odunnu:

Hey Rhin. You'v got a very sexy mate. Kudos
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by efisher(m): 3:40pm On Sep 18, 2011
I used to think Sanusi was the right guy. Right now, I'm having second thoughts. For now, I will place El-Rufai ahead of him.
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by funkybaby(f): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2011
@post

this is some sort of sick joke, ba? undecided

ekt_bear:

F*** Sanusi

WORD !!
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by aljharem3: 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2011
ekt_bear:

F*** Sanusi

i knew this is where i would see you

u hater
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by SouthEast1: 4:04pm On Sep 18, 2011
Yes, fccuck Sanusi
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by Relax101(m): 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2011
Just to add to the list. Fck Sanusi!!!!
He should go be an Emir or an Imam, his Islamic studies would be useful but not in Aso Rock.
Again, F0rk SANUSI.
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by aljharem3: 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2011
Relax101:

He should go be an Emir or an Imam, his Islamic studies would be useful but not in Aso Rock.
Again, F0rk SANUSI.

dude

i believe Sanusi is far more educated than you

so what is all this Islamic studies etc

or is it not a form of education as well.

Must he study politics etc to be call educated to rule the country

Fact he is smarter than majority of u haters here and certainly more than GEJ
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by Relax101(m): 4:41pm On Sep 18, 2011
alj_harem:

dude

i believe Sanusi is far more educated than you

so what is all this Islamic studies etc

or is it not a form of education as well.

Must he study politics etc to be call educated to rule the country

Fact he is smarter than majority of u haters here and certainly more than GEJ

Relax101:

Again, F0rk SANUSI.

Whoever that supports Sanusi shouldnt lead anywhere.

Relax101:

Again, F0rk SANUSI.
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by JamesDoe: 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2011
I'd rather vote Atiku than SLS. And Hell will freeze over before I vote Atiku.

Let's get real and find some proper candidates (North, East, Sout or West!)
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by sirjec(m): 6:43pm On Sep 18, 2011
Sawetin?

You people should check the history of people you want to rule this nation. SLS has insulted virtually all other tribes in Nigeria except Hausa Fulani. He can rule Hausa Fulani but never Nigeria. Check his records on his comments against Ibos, Yorubas and Ijaws,
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by hercules07: 6:47pm On Sep 18, 2011
He has also "insulted" the elites of his own tribe, stop trying to disinform people here, any one of you who is against Sanusi should not come here complaining about Goodluck, in another 3 and a half years, you guys will have another opportunity to elected GEJ, I am sure you guys will not disappoint.
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by AfroBlue(m): 6:48pm On Sep 18, 2011
Re: Sanusi For President In 2015? by EvilBrain1(m): 6:48pm On Sep 18, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Being more intelligent than GEJ is hardly an achievement so I don't know why you think that should factor in. Personally, I kind of liked Sanusi until he declared war on Nigeria's secularity with that his Islamic Banking nonsense. He could have easily achieved the same thing in a totally uncontroversial manner but instead decided to urinate all over the constitution and put terms like "sharia compliant" in the CBN guidelines.

Right now I'd vote for IBB before I vote for Sanusi, and I can't stand IBB.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Robbers Monitored Police With Stolen Walkie-talkies –source / Anambra Lawmakers Demand Jeeps To Support Obiano's Re-Election / Bode George: 'Oshiomhole's Utterances Capable Of Setting Nigeria On Fire'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.