Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,324 members, 7,853,487 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:37 PM

Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? (8291 Views)

Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? / Did Peter Obi Betray Atiku? / Did Peter Obi Actually Break The Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by MrBiGGEST(m): 3:50pm On Mar 24, 2023
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by famology(m): 3:50pm On Mar 24, 2023
helinues:

Sebi you have read it, oya tell us how Obi won the election with figures and how you people arrived at the figure

Abi oooo 🤣🤣

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:51pm On Mar 24, 2023
Do you even have a constitution in his country?
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by famology(m): 3:52pm On Mar 24, 2023
omonnakoda:

Does that apply to courts anywhere in the world?

It's for courts within Nigeria. If you look at the opening sentence it's clear on that.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by LandMann: 3:52pm On Mar 24, 2023
Validated:

Simple fact is that Tinubu was NEVER qualified to govern Lagos based what you pointed out above. So, he violated a bigger constitutional provision which permanently disqualifies him from holding public office in Nigeria. You people no sabi law and consequences of violating laws.

Did Tinubu fill in any INEC form that he's qualified to contest for presidential election because he governed Lagos twice?

Please stick to what your brain can comprehend.

2 Likes

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by omonnakoda: 3:53pm On Mar 24, 2023
famology:

It's for courts within Nigeria. If you look at the opening sentence it's clear on that.
It is arguable trust lawyers
They will argue anything
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by famology(m): 3:53pm On Mar 24, 2023
Validated:

Simple fact is that Tinubu was NEVER qualified to govern Lagos based what you pointed out above. So, he violated a bigger constitutional provision which permanently disqualifies him from holding public office in Nigeria. You people no sabi law and consequences of violating laws.

That matter was settled by supreme court before you were born. Ask Gani fawehimin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by Amumaigwe: 3:54pm On Mar 24, 2023
LandMann:
This is an excerpt from Nigeria's constitution:

137. (1) A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of President if -

(a) subject to the provisions of section 28 of this Constitution, he has voluntarily acquired the citizenship of a country other than Nigeria or, except in such cases as may be prescribed by the National Assembly, he has made a declaration of allegiance to such other country; or

(b) he has been elected to such office at any two previous elections; or

(c) under the law in any part of Nigeria, he is adjudged to be a lunatic or otherwise declared to be of unsound mind;

or

(d) he is under a sentence of death imposed by any competent court of law or tribunal in Nigeria or a sentence of imprisonment or fine for any offence involving dishonesty or fraud (by whatever name called) or for any other offence, imposed on him by any court or tribunal or substituted by a competent authority for any other sentence imposed on him by such a court or tribunal; or

(e) within a period of less than ten years before the date of the election to the office of President he has been convicted and sentenced for an offence involving dishonesty or he has been found guilty of the contravention of the Code of Conduct;

Source [url] http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm[/url]

Based on bolded above I believe supreme court or tribunal will discard one of Peter Obi's and Labour Party's prayers relating to this issue of Tinubu being indicted or convicted in the past because it happened over 20 years ago whereas the constitution sets a 10 years limit

Is Tinubu a convict?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by KanwuliaExtra: 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2023
famology:

That's the law until it's repealed

Goooooooooooooooood!
Then we will get him for swearing a false affidavit. grin

Anywhere e go. . .we go catch am!

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by LandMann: 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2023
Amumaigwe:

Is Tinubu a convict?

Tinubu is not a convict but he's been found guilty of an offence that can be classified as fraudulent. That is why money in his accounts was confiscated. However, the offence happened over 20 years ago, far above the 10 years limit set by the constitution. Hence, Tinubu cannot be disqualified based on this issue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by OfficialAPCNig: 4:00pm On Mar 24, 2023
helinues:

Sebi you have read it, oya tell us how Obi won the election with figures and how you people arrived at the figure
That is what they are going to court to prove. It's not my job.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by omonnakoda: 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2023
LandMann:

Tinubu is not a convict but he's been found guilty of an offence that can be classified as fraudulent. That is why money in his accounts was confiscated. However, the offence happened over 20 years ago, far above the 10 years limit set by the constitution. Hence, Tinubu cannot be disqualified based on this issue
If he was found guilty he is a convict. There is no two ways about it
You do not have to be convicted in the US before forfeiture happens

https://www.justice.gov/afms/types-federal-forfeiture
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by ThugCheetah(m): 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2023
LandMann:
This is an excerpt from Nigeria's constitution:

137. (1) A person shall not be qualified for election to the office of President if -

(a) subject to the provisions of section 28 of this Constitution, he has voluntarily acquired the citizenship of a country other than Nigeria or, except in such cases as may be prescribed by the National Assembly, he has made a declaration of allegiance to such other country; or

(b) he has been elected to such office at any two previous elections; or

(c) under the law in any part of Nigeria, he is adjudged to be a lunatic or otherwise declared to be of unsound mind;

or

(d) he is under a sentence of death imposed by any competent court of law or tribunal in Nigeria or a sentence of imprisonment or fine for any offence involving dishonesty or fraud (by whatever name called) or for any other offence, imposed on him by any court or tribunal or substituted by a competent authority for any other sentence imposed on him by such a court or tribunal; or

(e) within a period of less than ten years before the date of the election to the office of President he has been convicted and sentenced for an offence involving dishonesty or he has been found guilty of the contravention of the Code of Conduct;

Source [url] http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm[/url]

Based on bolded above I believe supreme court or tribunal will discard one of Peter Obi's and Labour Party's prayers relating to this issue of Tinubu being indicted or convicted in the past because it happened over 20 years ago whereas the constitution sets a 10 years limit

Oga please post the direct link
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by buharitill2023: 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2023
LandMann:

A simple Google search would save you the embarrassment
you still don't get the point,
Chicago court already free tinubu in 1993,
And Nadeco was form in 1994,
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by ThugCheetah(m): 4:07pm On Mar 24, 2023
LandMann:

post the direct link let me read the Constitution
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by LandMann: 4:10pm On Mar 24, 2023
ThugCheetah:
post the direct link let me read the Constitution

The link is before the last paragraph of the post... Check carefully
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by Difrent: 4:13pm On Mar 24, 2023
positivelord:

Peter Obi`s legal team are very much aware. But the reason for including Tinubu US drug case is to cause maximum international embarrassment to the mandate-thief.

The joker is Tinubu submitting his VP`s name first to the INEC before sherrif withdraw from the senatorial race. The later should have come first and Obi have attached evidence from INEC to his appeal. It is a clear case constitutional breach. No technicalities required here.

By the way Peter Obi only accept citizenship from a state in the US and not from US.

But Doyin Okupes name was first submitted to INEC as VP placeholder to PO also now?....the law allows it....as far as the proceedure qas followed.

My own is why are some of us hypocrites?
One awamaridi said the same thing about GRV not being the authentic candidate because he forged awamaridis withdrawal letter...all obidients called awamridi names and call his sponsored while the man had a good case but labour party supporters shouted him down.
Now here we are, PO saying the same thing and see how obidients are jumping up and down.
Labour party never seems to amaze me, you claim an election is rigged and should be cancelled and in the same election yiu went ahead to collect certificate of return for your legislators....talking from both sides of the mouth and forming sharp guy thinking we are not seeing them. Like Adewole said....some people think tribunal is continuation of campaign.... una eye go soon clear

4 Likes

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by buharitill2023: 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2023
LandMann:

been found guilty of an offence that can be classified as fraudulent. That is why money in his accounts was confiscated.

If found guilty, why did the court not confiscate all the money involved,
Why taken little for a capital offense,

Tinubu was never guilty or commit any crime
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by ThugCheetah(m): 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2023
LandMann:

The link is before the last paragraph of the post... Check carefully
it only leads to the front page.. I don't know where to lookup this particular section... So if you can help me get the specific link or screenshot the law, it would be much appreciated
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by snapshot: 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2023
The good thing about this case is that Nigerians will know if EYENECK president elect was an ex convict or not,if he was involved in drugs or not,wether it happened 100years ago is not important

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by Sunnycliff(m): 4:21pm On Mar 24, 2023
helinues:
The same case Obi is filing petition on was challenged before the election which the case was dismissed.

I thought Obi claimed his manhood sorry his mandate was stolen, why would Obi omit the petition about how he won the election and how he arrived at the figures.

Those going to court have already been beaten at the poll, they would be disgraced finally at the court

Let the court decide. No fear. Tinubu is just holding a piece of paper from Yakubu.

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by ThugCheetah(m): 4:24pm On Mar 24, 2023
@Landmann you are a liar and that e part is fake. The Constitution says nothing about 10 years. Read the laws there, (a) is a condition under which a candidate might be disqualified. B is another, c and d are also conditions but e is not a condition..it seems like a continuation of d which is not how the law is written. Its fake..added by APC idiots
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by LandMann: 4:30pm On Mar 24, 2023
buharitill2023:
been found guilty of an offence that can be classified as fraudulent. That is why money in his accounts was confiscated.

If found guilty, why did the court not confiscate all the money involved,
Why taken little for a capital offense,

Tinubu was never guilty or commit any crime

Let me use the term indictment... Tinubu was indicted... He was never sentenced nor convicted... His indictment led to him forfeiting $460,000 out of $1.4 million.... I interpret the indictment as being found guilty...

It's just like a fraudster or yahoo boy paying N460,000 into your account meanwhile you already have N940,000 from salary and other sources in the account before this payment of 460k... Bringing the total to N1,400,000.

Then EFCC obtain court order to freeze your account. You then sue EFCC and after a while, you and EFCC reach agreement that you'll forfeit the 460k while they leave the rest... That's Tinubu's case in summary...

Was he indicted? Yes.
Was he found guilty? Yes, based on perception or interpretation.
Was he convicted? No.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by LandMann: 4:33pm On Mar 24, 2023
ThugCheetah:
@Landmann you are a liar and that e part is fake. The Constitution says nothing about 10 years. Read the laws there, (a) is a condition under which a candidate might be disqualified. B is another, c and d are also conditions but e is not a condition..it seems like a continuation of d which is not how the law is written. Its fake..added by APC idiots

Seun and Mynd44 please investigate if the claim of this user is true. Read the constitution yourselves. If the claim of this user is true, ban my account for 10 years. If the above quoted claims of the user is false, then ban the user for 10 years. ThugCheetah do you accept this?
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by idealogical: 4:36pm On Mar 24, 2023

And not only that, Asiwaju was never charged with anything, he was not on trial, he was not convicted and was never indicted, but, hey, let them continue with their fabricated drama, I'm enjoying it. grin
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by ThugCheetah(m): 4:38pm On Mar 24, 2023
idealogical:

And not only that, Asiwaju was never charged with anything, he was not on trial, he was not convicted and was never indicted, but, hey, let them continue with their fabricated drama, I'm enjoying it. grin

Oga that (e) you quoted is fake. It is not in the Constitution and as you can see in this case..it's not a condition for disqualified like (a) (b) (c) and (d). The law says nothing about 10years.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by RenaissanceGuy: 4:39pm On Mar 24, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

I NOR GO TAYA O.
That is what they want ke.
I go drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrag dem till them quench.
Good news, I only see them on social media. grin
You were a vocal Atiku fan, but you've now switched to OBI just after the election. I guess that's where the Nairaland likes/share are. Just type "Obi is my president" and emotional people will give you 'worthless' 250 likes gringrin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by idealogical: 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2023
LandMann:

Let me use the term indictment... Tinubu was indicted... He was never sentenced nor convicted... His indictment led to him forfeiting $460,000 out of $1.4 million.... I interpret the indictment as being found guilty...

It's just like a fraudster or yahoo boy paying N460,000 into your account meanwhile you already have N940,000 from salary and other sources in the account before this payment of 460k... Bringing the total to N1,400,000.

Then EFCC obtain court order to freeze your account. You then sue EFCC and after a while, you and EFCC reach agreement that you'll forfeit the 460k while they leave the rest... That's Tinubu's case in summary...

Was he indicted? Yes.
Was he found guilty? Yes, based on perception or interpretation.
Was he convicted? No.

How do you get indicted without being charged?

How do you get indicted and convicted without charges or any criminal trial?

So, he was indicted and found guilty, but was not convicted? Does this even make sense?

No be our intelligence you people are insulting, na ya own poor baby intelligence, sometimes read over your own post for the smallest sense.

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by ThugCheetah(m): 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2023
You think you can be indicted for drug dealing and then after 10years you will suddenly be eligible for presidency? You must be mental cheesy

I saw this section of the law posted initially and I never saw the (e) part neither did they say anything about 10yrs because I thought there might be a time range, but there wasn't. Suddenly, it came out of nowhere and it wasn't even well placed cheesy

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by KanwuliaExtra: 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
You were a vocal Atiku fan, but you've now switched to OBI just after the election. I guess that's where the Nairaland likes/share are. Just type "Obi is my president" and emotional people will give you 'worthless' 250 likes gringrin

Yes!
Because I HAD NO CHOICE!
Now, I have a choice. . . THANKS TO PETER OBI AND THE OBIDIENTS.
OBI left from PDP too remember? wink

APC will NEVER be and option. I would have supported THE WORST IN PDP than support THE BEST in APC . Yes, I DETEST APC that much. kiss

My 'likes' dey pain you? cheesy
Please, join me for some refreshments and rejuvenate your dying brain cells.

1 Like

Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:44pm On Mar 24, 2023
LandMann:

Subsection d is talking about someone who is currently UNDER OR SERVING A SENTENCE.

It says if that person is UNDER a sentence then the person can't contest...

Subsection e talks about the past... Offences committed in the past can lead to disqualification if that offence lead to a conviction and it is within 10 years ago from the date of election.

The case Peter Obi referenced happened in the past. Tinubu is not currently UNDER any sentence.

Comprehension is simple but many people choose to just turn a blind eye... that's why many people fail English language exams and that is why some developed European countries require Nigerians to write English language exams and pass it with good score before coming to their country so that they don't start constituting nuisance due to lack of comprehension of simple English

Only the first line in subsection d talks about the present. The UNDER applies only to the first line in that entire paragraph.

You're the one who has an obvious comprehension issue and problem with the English language here.
Re: Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? by Validated: 4:44pm On Mar 24, 2023
LandMann:

Did Tinubu fill in any INEC form that he's qualified to contest for presidential election because he governed Lagos twice?

Please stick to what your brain can comprehend.

See this one. For ever fraudulently holding a public office as a druglord, he became a FELON. Go and check the meaning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu: Red Line Rail Project Is Set For Commissioning / Monopoly Gone Wrong - The Ibru Group! / Mend Plans To Attack Lagos And Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.