Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 (40029 Views)

Naked Men Undergo Torturous Pain From A Native Doctor To Get Rich (pictures) / Hushpuppi To Be Sentenced On September 21 / More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by Elxandre(m): 8:16pm On Mar 24, 2023
N3TRAL:
Pretty Sonia needed a Kidney transplant.

A 21 year old man was brought in from Lagos as the donor after matching kidneys were confirmed through a middle-man (a doctor who has been convicted with the Ekweremadus).

He was promised £7,000 pounds to sell his kidney.

At the hospital, the doctor in charge of the surgical operation interviewed the donor/victim.

One of the requirements for the surgery was that the donor can afford life-long medical care that comes with living with one kidney.

The donor/victim couldn't give assurances that he could afford life-long medical care and he wasn't briefed about the pros and cons of the process before he accepted to come to the UK.

The donor/victim walked into a police station and made a report.

Ekweremadu, his wife and the middle man doctor were arrested.

Under UK laws, organ donors are not to be paid for donating their organs. They are to do so voluntarily without charge.

The Modern Slavery Act enacted by parliament in 2015 was violated.

Ekweremadu, his wife and middle man doctor have been convicted.

They await sentencing which could be as severe has life imprisonment.

The donor/victim has been granted asylum because his safety in Nigeria cannot be guaranteed.

Pretty Sonia the sick girl has been discharged and acquitted by the court. She still hopes for a kidney donor.

The case is the first of its kind in the UK and the conviction is a landmark achievement since the enactment of the Modern Slavery Act in 2015.

Sonia is so pretty, kind-hearted and harmless 💕💕💕💕. I'm depressed. I feel for her. She'll live with the guilt of destroying her own parents 😢😭😭😭
I was sorry till I learnt they wanted to pay only £8k or so, of which the doctor was still going to remove his own charges, leaving the poor kid with how much. Wicked people.

6 Likes

Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by BeeNG3: 8:21pm On Mar 24, 2023
You will triumph, by God's grace,amin
Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by Jman06(m): 8:24pm On Mar 24, 2023
I feel nothing for the Ekweremmadus!

All I can say right now is:

God bless the whiteman!

He's the one still keeping this world sane!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 8:24pm On Mar 24, 2023
Plenty corrupt Nigerian politicians now will be distancing themselves from UK and US

3 Likes

Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by Acidosis(m): 8:27pm On Mar 24, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Paternal and maternal instincts at play.

Excuses.. Many parents have lost their children. Some watched their kids die because they couldn't afford hospital bills. Why can't paternal instincts tell them to rob a bank or kidnap a rich man to raise money??

Paternal instinct cannot lead a sane person to commit crime. If your paternal instincts have not led you to kill someone for money ritual, then stop giving excuses.

The UK leaders know better. These ones just found themselves in a position to oppress a poor man. They believe with money, they can get away with anything.

If na by paternal instincts, no parent suppose dey poor.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by Xpol: 8:28pm On Mar 24, 2023
Thomasankara:
[/color]God don't raise help for a scammer[color=#770077]
I thought I was the only one who's has been noticing the scammer.

Whenever he begs with one account he uses one of the other accounts to quote it and pray God should raise someone to help.

People like this make it difficult for those genuinely in needs to get helpers.
Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by Nolevel666: 8:45pm On Mar 24, 2023
Very good.

They should see that the nonsense they do here in Nigeria CANNOT be tried in the nations they run to.

Fools
Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by Felixv: 8:46pm On Mar 24, 2023
This might sound insensitive but if they had built great hospitals in Nigeria --maybe they would have got away with this.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by Benwallt(m): 8:58pm On Mar 24, 2023
See them. Very vile and reprehensible animals. They are not different anywhere they go. Always cutting corners. They never merited anything but through scam and deceit.

6 Likes

Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by Incrediblekutty(m): 8:58pm On Mar 24, 2023
One down! Many more to go. Our God won't let you guys eat your cake and have it

4 Likes

Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by blaise26abj(m): 9:02pm On Mar 24, 2023
Sleekfingers:

I am not talking about donor. I am talking about her dialysis treatment. Pending the time she finds a donor in the UK or another country
Oga , I have a friend on a waiting list in the UK, since three years ago. But found a donor in Cuba, last month . He is now in Cuba , for the transplant.

May the Lord grant the surgeons grace to conduct a successful transplant . His body will not reject it .

3 Likes

Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by GeneralPula: 9:05pm On Mar 24, 2023
fasho01:
There is a very strong case against them I don't see them getting away with it
Except, maybe they can promote LGBT..

These white folks have no limit when it comes to LGBT..

2 Likes

Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by GeneralPula: 9:07pm On Mar 24, 2023
Kobonaire4:

It is a crime.

Let us not let desperation lead us into criminal acts.

There is nothing to understand there

1 Like

Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by Sleekfingers: 9:15pm On Mar 24, 2023
blaise26abj:

May the Lord grant the surgeons grace to conduct a successful transplant . His body will not reject it .

Amen. Thanks
Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by gbishman: 9:19pm On Mar 24, 2023
You love your daughter and family so much, so you risked the life of a young and upcoming young Man abi?
I am glad countries the UK exist where laws are sacrosanct and bidding upon every citizen both foreign and domestic.
I wish you well DSP

3 Likes

Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by bitingcool: 9:21pm On Mar 24, 2023
LeoDeKing:
I really feel for the Ekweremadus.

Paternal and maternal instincts at play.

Any sane parents can fall into this divine trap because most can't stand their children dying before their very eyes except if there is absolutely nothing they can do about it.

Besides, even if they are truly guilty as charged, they weren't planning to commit murder at least. It was just a case of understanding between them and the young lad. Though I ain't supporting such extremity, it's just a classical case of how parents can go crazy because of their children.

How many years has Ekweremadu being a senator.. he could have built a hospital. Heck!! he could have rented a hospital and paid them 365 days ans brought in a doctor to do the transplant but NO.. THESE ROUGES BELIEVE IN RAPING NIGERIA AND INVESTING ABROAD.

IF YOU SAVE NIGERIA, NIGERIA WILL SAVE YOU ONE DAY.

OUR POLITICIANS DONT GET THAT MEMO UNTIL ITS TOO LATE.

He was not desperate enough. If he was desperate the motherland would have helped Sonia.
I wish the daughter luck. All the monies stolen cannot transform into a kidney now. If only, he had built a world class kidney hospital here.

4 Likes

Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by BRATISLAVA: 9:22pm On Mar 24, 2023
And people, confused lost people here who are better off in tribal wars from the world of apes, were fighting for the mans rights on this forum, talking about how the guy they trafficked was a double-crosser and outing his identity, thinking he should suffer for having his kidney harvested.

The end was obvious.
Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 24, 2023
thorpido:
Parental instinct no doubt but they should have known better.
Read some of the things the prosecutor said,
He said Ekweremadu, who owns several properties and had a staff of 80, “agreed to reward someone for a kidney for his daughter – somebody in circumstances of poverty and from whom he distanced himself and made no inquiries, and with whom, for his own political protection, he wanted no direct contact”.

He said: “At no point in time was there ever any intention for a family member close, medium or distant to do what could be paid for from a pool of donors.”

He deserves 50 years in jail
Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by BRATISLAVA: 9:25pm On Mar 24, 2023
GeneralPula:

If you’re acting like this, then you’re also acting bias, just like every other politician. You may not like them, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t judge whatever happens to them based on your own natural self..

They didn’t commit a crime regarding that boy. Their crime was not following the proper channel upon getting to UK..

In Uk, you can't just take a kidney donor to hospital for a kidney transplant. There's a particular agency in charge of that..

When you take the donor to the the agency, the agency would do necessary process. Sometimes it takes 3-4 months before they'll or not certify a kidney donor to donate his/her kidney..

Also, it's illegal for an immigrant to donate kidney in UK. The boy isn't a UK residence. They put him in the plane from Nigeria and take him straight to hospital..

Their problem began the moment the UK doctor didn't see them bring in the donor via the proper UK process..

That was their mistake. The didn't smuggle the boy to UK. They just didn’t follow due process when they get to UK..

They didn't commit a crime, according to you, but they had that boy sign an affidavit that he was the cousin to their daughter. They even had her take pictures with someone she normally wouldn't sit next to in order to help that lying under oath to fly.

The judge knows better if it's a crime or not. This is not a sentimental case. Everything about the case was criminal. They knew better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by gbishman: 9:26pm On Mar 24, 2023
You love your daughter and family so much, so you risked the life of a young and upcoming young Man abi?
I am glad countries the UK exist where laws are sacrosanct and bidding upon every citizen both foreign and domestic.
I wish your daughter speedy recovery and I pray the young Man gets justice
Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by GeneralPula: 9:28pm On Mar 24, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

They didn't commit a crime, according to you, but they had that boy sign an affidavit that he was the cousin to their daughter. They even had her take pictures with someone she normally wouldn't sit next to in order to help that lying under oath to fly.

The judge knows better if it's a crime or not. This is not a sentimental case. Everything about the case was criminal. They knew better.
I didn’t know affidavit pretence was involved
Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 24, 2023
Tee2027:

Honestly I really felt bad to the plight of this man his family because I'm a father I can understand their feelings. In a very honest statement their intention wasn't evil or to destroy the lad life only deal gone wrong and they fell prey its quiet a pity.

As you said I'm not supporting organ harvesting but their is no way that boy wil tell me h is not aware what he is coming to UK for, did he want to tell me if he was taken to India or Cambodia for the operation will he accused this family? I guess No.

God will help them at this point.

I am a father and will give one of my kidney to my child if it comes to that. Not take advantage of others and commit crime.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by BRATISLAVA: 9:33pm On Mar 24, 2023
GeneralPula:

I didn’t know affidavit pretence was involved

How else would they convince anyone that they were cousins except with forged documents?

To call any part of what they did "not a crime" is to smile in the face of such impunity. How can a man who knows about organ trade, who claims to be against it, do exactly that? It's in the article.

It's the reason why they were nailed: wealthy man acquires kidney for daughter.

It's sad for the girl, but with the lax prison sentences they will be out in no time at all if she truly misses them. She will be in the care of her other family members, since from his court testimony, her father had other important things to do then familiarize himself with his daughters case.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by LagosG: 9:35pm On Mar 24, 2023
N3TRAL:

A 21 year old man was brought in from Lagos as the donor after matching kidneys were confirmed through a middle-man (a doctor who has been convicted with the Ekweremadus).

At the hospital, the doctor in charge of the surgical operation interviewed the donor/victim.

One of the requirements for the surgery was that the donor can afford life-long medical care that comes with living with one kidney.

The donor/victim couldn't give assurances that he could afford life-long medical care and he wasn't briefed about the pros and cons of the process before he accepted to come to the UK.

Under UK laws, organ donors are not to be paid for donating their organs. They are to do so voluntarily without charge.

The donor/victim has been granted asylum because his safety in Nigeria cannot be guaranteed.

Pretty Sonia the sick girl has been discharged and acquitted by the court. She still hopes for a kidney donor.

The case is the first of its kind in the UK and the conviction is a landmark achievement since the enactment of the Modern Slavery Act in 2015.

Sonia is so pretty, kind-hearted and harmless 💕💕💕💕. I'm depressed. I feel for her. She'll live with the guilt of destroying her own parents 😢😭😭😭
Spits.

You people changing the narrative is why Nigeria will never get better.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by LagosG: 9:37pm On Mar 24, 2023
fidelmarshal199:
Nobody should come here with a pity mindset, This man is an organ trafficker and deserves to be punished for it. This is austerity paying him back for all his atrocities to mankind.
Trust his people to do just that
Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by Funflipper: 9:39pm On Mar 24, 2023
Pythagoras001:
if one of them or siblings or closed relatives had donated their organs this would not have happened to them. they could get up to life imprisonment

Six years max.
Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by Goalnaldo(m): 9:40pm On Mar 24, 2023
seguno2:

Just find an Ekweremadu to donate your organs to for the N500, since you are not keen to oblige your LGA councillor to employ you for street sweeping, gutter cleaning and other work that will earn you N360,000 minimum wage.

What other options do you have
hehehe
Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by Allisgud: 9:45pm On Mar 24, 2023
All the politians causing nigerians hard life will face such,na this same London they always run to,they will be arrested

1 Like

Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by ola31701: 9:47pm On Mar 24, 2023
It is still a crime. Let's not excuse crime please.Plus, why couldn't any one of her siblings donate a kidney?It is still a crime. Let's not excuse crime please.Plus, why couldn't any one of her siblings donate a kidney?...
Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by Asine: 9:48pm On Mar 24, 2023
seguno2:

In your Stockholm Syndrome understanding, the young lad is an orphan, or the parents don’t have any parental instincts because extreme poverty created by Ekweremadu and other politicians have killed off their parental instincts?

I wonder how we blacks are so much afflicted by Stockholm syndrome.

They keep supporting nonsense, forgetting that the boy is also someone's child. Because he is from a poor background, they see him as a nobody.
Thank God for the British Judicial System where no one is above the law.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by brightleave(m): 9:48pm On Mar 24, 2023
N3TRAL:

mehn! You just summarized everything. Thanks
Re: Senator Ekweremadu, Wife And Their Doctor To Be Sentenced On May 5 by Chetas81(m): 9:59pm On Mar 24, 2023
Massiveglory:
The end of an era. The man don humble.

Our politicians and people in power, make una learn .
Nyesome wike, tinubu, uzodimma , elrufai and others, make una learn.
One day one day, this power wey de intoxicate una go fail una.
thank you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Vikings And KKK Clash In Cross River, Photos Of Victims Killed / Robbers Attack Another Bank In Ekiti / Female MFM Pastor Remanded In Prison Over Visa Scam [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.