Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,994 members, 7,814,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim (16819 Views)

Speakership: LP Chides Rep-elect, Aguocha Who Is Backing APC Zoning Arrangement / 2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim / Agbazuere: 'Enemies Behind My Suspension, No Cause For Alarm' - Ex Abia CoS Brag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 5:10am On Mar 25, 2023

A former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, has berated the National Working Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party for his suspension from the party. He also said he had no regret for supporting the All Progressives Congress to win the governorship election in his home state of Ebonyi.

Anyim, who contested the party’s presidential ticket in 2022, said the leadership should rather hide their faces in shame for leading the party to defeat in the presidential and other elections. He also said the failure of the party to give the suspended members fair hearing before taking such an action had made it a nullity.

The former President of the Senate was suspended by the NWC of the PDP on Thursday over alleged anti-party activities. But in a statement, on Friday, he noted that the NWC should busy itself with how to move the party forward, rather than further dividing it.

The statement partly read, “The action of the NWC is, to say the least, disappointing. I thought the concern of the NWC now would be how to undertake a thorough self-examination on why they performed so poorly in the general elections rather than seek to further divide the party by shifting blame.

“It smacks of arrogance for the NWC to put up a bold face instead of showing remorse and being sober for leading the party to such a colossal loss in the 2023 general elections, thereby dashing the hopes and expectations of party members and indeed Nigerians.”

The party chieftain also accused some members of the NWC of working against the party in the election.

He stated, “It is clear that arising from the leadership style of the NWC, many members intentionally and proudly worked against the party, including members of the NWC. Therefore, it is a display of innate cowardice for the NWC to choose soft targets to suspend and fear those who daily demonise the party.

“It is difficult to explain why the NWC is in a hurry to suspend leaders of the party without recourse to fair hearing, without which their action is null and void.”

Speaking on the Ebonyi governorship race, he stated, “In the case of Ebonyi State, the NWC imposed a candidate from the sitting governor’s zone, contrary to the zoning formula of the state. Every effort to let the NWC see reasons fell on deaf ears.

“On the day the party’s presidential rally was held in Ebonyi State, I told Dr. (Iyorchia) Ayu I was boycotting the rally because I cannot support the candidate they imposed on Ebonyi State. Dr. Ayu did nothing. He did not care even as I did not attend the Ebonyi rally. The NWC may wish to know that I am proud to have supported the APC governorship candidate to win the election because that conforms with the equitable formula in Ebonyi State. It is therefore my expectation that the NWC should reverse itself in the interest of the party.”

https://punchng.com/suspension-no-regret-backing-apc-in-ebonyi-says-anyim/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1679707268

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by Xscape1993(m): 5:11am On Mar 25, 2023
No normal human being should be backing the evil party for anything. APC has turned our democracy into autocracy, agberocracy and toutrocracy...

19 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 5:14am On Mar 25, 2023
This Ibo man is looking for an appointment
They always want to reap where they didn't sow

58 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by Boomkalakuta: 5:16am On Mar 25, 2023
Will still b here watching you when you carry your diarrhea infested yansh and run with Agbada to another party

11 Likes

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by Ahmed0336(m): 5:22am On Mar 25, 2023
A divided house cannot stand.
I think PDP should do everything possible to have a United house and a clear path towards 2027 elections.

How people keep saying Atiku is a unifier keeps baffling me. A unifier with a divided house before and after elections doesn't look like a unifier to me.

58 Likes

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by LeoDeKing: 5:22am On Mar 25, 2023
Xscape1993:
APC and fraudulent activities are inseparable.....
Speaketh bad not of the political party that ruleth thou. For I say onto thee, verily verily, APC is the party that ruleth and Bola Ahmed Tinubu is thy president elect.

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by highchief1: 5:24am On Mar 25, 2023
Ndimkpurummiri:
ur conclusion is very unfair.u probably didn’t read the story.why is Ayu ignoring calls from his party members.There’s a zoning formula in Ebonyi like every other state.why will they impose a candidate from the same zone that is finishing 8yrs.power should rotate.Anyim quietly supported power shift in his state regardless of the party.I think Ayu has a mission to destroy the party.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by Ireportlive: 5:28am On Mar 25, 2023
cool

Smart guys in PDP knew Jagaban is the winning Man and they camped with him

Ortom, Ikpeazu and Ugwuanyi must be filled with regret

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by SpatialKing(m): 5:36am On Mar 25, 2023
David tried in Ebonyi
He performed better than Abia state government
So it was right for Ebonyi people to vote APC
Same with Enugu the former government did well
So it was right to vote PDP in Enugu state..

We are not bigots like Yoruba people that would tag LP an Igbo party..
We don't care the party as long as you are performing.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by Koralords: 5:39am On Mar 25, 2023
Ndimkpurummiri:
Most everything be Turned into a tribal war ,anyim is one of few south east politicians I admire and he fought for a good course

12 Likes

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by inoki247: 5:43am On Mar 25, 2023
SpatialKing:
David tried in Ebonyi

Who started the tag when You guy's start tagging APC Amala Ewedu Gbegiri.Party you didn't know one day will come they will also pay you back with it....

No b una first start to shout the party as become a regional party dey are now paying you back in ur own you're now crying when you dey du ur own you're not a bigot but Patriot...

Not like you're from Ebonyi you will ever vote APC so stop trying to disguise....

So stop crying if you need bucket 🪣🪣 holla me I supply 🪣🪣🪣 for tears....

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by KingKO22: 5:46am On Mar 25, 2023
Xscape1993:

Don't make your education useless

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by Kam2021: 5:47am On Mar 25, 2023
But why will Ayu give ticket to someone from the same zone as umahi?He is just suspending every body. Ayu should go.He is destroying the party. Nah Wike fit am

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by adekolaelect(m): 5:50am On Mar 25, 2023
Xscape1993:
This one no get sense any more than to think of APC and what he can say against it.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by oz4real83(m): 5:50am On Mar 25, 2023
These people always do their political calculations to know who will win whether legally or illegally, siding with such individuals will ensure that their source of daily bread is retained. 99% of politicians in Nigeria will be irrelevant without involvement in politics.

1 Like

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by SpatialKing(m): 6:08am On Mar 25, 2023
inoki247:

Who started the tag when You guy's start tagging APC Amala Ewedu Gbegiri.Party you didn't know one day will come they will also pay you back with it....

No b una first start to shout the party as become a regional party dey are now paying you back in ur own you're now crying when you dey du ur own you're not a bigot but Patriot...

Not like you're from Ebonyi you will ever vote APC so stop trying to disguise....

So stop crying if you need bucket 🪣🪣 holla me I supply 🪣🪣🪣 for tears....

Stop projecting your shame please
This election has proven that Igbos are actually more educated, liberal and sophisticated than Yorubas when it comes to voting....

4 Likes

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by inoki247: 6:11am On Mar 25, 2023
SpatialKing:

Stop projecting your shame please
This election has proven that Igbos are actually more educated, liberal and sophisticated than Yorubas when it comes to voting....

Lol you're educated indeed after you du your own and you guy's were been paid back you're now crying up nd down...

14 Likes

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by edogu(m): 6:11am On Mar 25, 2023
For those who may not understand. In Ebonyi State, there's a gentle man agreement to rotate power among the three Senatorial zones. This agreement has been working perfectly well for the state.

For instance, Dr. Sam Egwu, the first executive governor of the state, was from Ebonyi North. While Hon. Martin Elechi was from Ebonyi Central. Engr. Dave Umahi, on the other hand, was from Ebonyi South.

Going by this formula, the proper thing would have been for power to return to Ebonyi North. While APC adhered to this agreement, even though the candidate was imposed by the current governor, the two major political parties - PDP, APGA refused to adhere to this principle. LP had no candidate.

Ordinarily, PDP would've won the governorship election in Ebonyi State if they had adhered to this principle. Alot of Ebonyians were dissatisfied with Engr. Dave Umahi's style of leadership. To add insult to the whole thing, they saw the present APC candidate as an extension of Engr. Dave Umahi's government.

Unfortunately, greed didn't allow PDP to capitalise on this opportunity. Stakeholders like former executive governor, Dr. Sam Egwu, senator Obinna Ogba coupled with the facts that the candidates from Ebonyi north failed to work together to ensure that someone from Ebonyi north emerged as candidate.

This resulted in the emergence of Dr. Ifeanyi Odii (PDP), who is from the same senatorial zone with the current governor, Engr. Dave Umahi and the former Senate President, Pius Anyim.

So, there's no way candidates from other Senatorial zones would've emerged as governor of the state going by this formula.

6 Likes

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by SpatialKing(m): 6:13am On Mar 25, 2023
inoki247:

Lol you're educated indeed after you did your own and you guy's were been paid back you're now crying up nd down...

Please stop tagging me

1 Like

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by PortHarcourtcit(m): 6:33am On Mar 25, 2023
Over confidence killed atiku and PDP...

5 Likes

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by Putindbutt: 6:43am On Mar 25, 2023
SpatialKing:
David tried in Ebonyi

No surprises that lying is in your DNA. The same Enugu Obi asked you to vote LP and which Okonkwo was crying that their mandate was stolen. We could see how Chude that was arrested by Interpol was constantly putting out fake news about Soludo. You guys descended so low to the extent of demonizing APGA, in which there was division between Catholics APGA and Catholics LP. You're indeed shameless lots.

8 Likes

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by SpatialKing(m): 6:49am On Mar 25, 2023
Putindbutt:

No surprises that lying is in your DNA. The same Enugu Obi asked you to vote LP and which Okonkwo was crying that their mandate was stolen. We could see how Chude that was arrested by Interpol was constantly putting out fake news about Soludo. You guys descended so low to the extent of demonizing APGA, in which there was division between Catholics APGA and Catholics LP. You're indeed shameless lots.

So what's happening in Osun?
Now you already displaying your bigotry
Everything still confirms what I said earlier...

The people didn't vote Obi candidates for governorship because they voted based on candidates...

You are funny, Same Soludo that was threatened people that if they don't vote APGA no form development will come to their area...is that politics?

1 Like

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by Putindbutt: 6:59am On Mar 25, 2023
SpatialKing:

So what's happening in Osun?
Now you already displaying your bigotry
Everything still confirms what I said earlier...

The people didn't vote Obi candidates for governorship because they voted based on candidates...

You are funny, Same Soludo that was threatened people that if they don't vote APGA no form development will come to their area...is that politics?

How will people vote Obi candidates for Governorship, because he is who?. A failure as a Governor, you think people do not know their history?. With all the noise of LP from top to bottom, you were only able to produce just one Governor across the country, even at that, he said he won the election without Obi. Politics is local, the religious and ethnic politics Obi played during the Presidential failed at state's level.

8 Likes

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by SpatialKing(m): 7:03am On Mar 25, 2023
Putindbutt:

How will people vote Obi candidates for Governorship, because he is who?. A failure as a Governor, you think people do not know their history?. With all the noise of LP from top to bottom, you were only able to produce just one Governor across the country, even at that, he said he won the election without Obi. Politics is local, the religious and ethnic politics Obi played during the Presidential failed at state's level.
Tinubu didn't play religious politics yet selected a Muslim candidate.
He knows core Northerners won't vote for his because they don't regard him as a true Muslim which is true... A ture Muslim won't do drugs

LP and Obi Performed well
Even with all the Rigging.

So please rest.

1 Like

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by alizma: 7:07am On Mar 25, 2023
When are they going to suspend Wike?

2 Likes

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by Invictuse: 7:12am On Mar 25, 2023
This is a typical example of a lunatic n an Igbo constituting nuisance on NL

Xscape1993:

7 Likes

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by Invictuse: 7:15am On Mar 25, 2023
They know he is no unifier they gave him that name to water down is atrocious n dubious segregating character. You fall for it.

Ahmed0336:
A divided house cannot stand.
I think PDP should do everything possible to have a United house and a clear path towards 2027 elections.

How people keep saying Atiku is a unifier keeps baffling me. A unifier with a divided house before and after elections doesn't look like a unifier to me.

2 Likes

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by Invictuse: 7:18am On Mar 25, 2023
So Ugwuanyi trued in Enugu ?
Did Lagos not vote Peter Obi ?

The 8 years of Ugwuanyi Ikpeazu can you compare that with just 4 years of Sanwolu in achievement yet Lagos voted the bastard Pandora criminal.

SpatialKing:
David tried in Ebonyi

4 Likes

Re: Suspension: No Regret Backing APC In Ebonyi, Says Anyim Pius Anyim by SpatialKing(m): 7:32am On Mar 25, 2023
Invictuse:
So Ugwuanyi trued in Enugu ?
Did Lagos not vote Peter Obi ?

The 8 years of Ugwuanyi Ikpeazu can you compare that with just 4 years of Sanwolu in achievement yet Lagos voted the bastard Pandora criminal.

You are confusing yourself
So why didn't Lagos vote GRV?

Did Obi contest to be Lagos state governor?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Countries Encouraging Ekpa To Destabilise Nigeria, Says CDS / Lagos Bus Drivers Use Cocaine - Fashola / Top 5 Nigerian Philanthropists Inspiring Youth Entrepreneurship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.