Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,166 members, 7,849,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:19 AM

Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders (24446 Views)

Port Harcourt Refinery: Marketers Eye ₦‎500/litre Petrol, Set To Load / Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol / NEC Recommends ₦302 Per Litre Petrol Price By February (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by stevups(m): 9:42am On Mar 27, 2023
Ventura1:
I could safely assume these are the people benefiting from subsidy, reasons they are making incitive statement to sow fear in the minds of Nigerians to resist the removal.

Yes yes yes. They are criminals! They want Nigerians to be scared. OLE OLORIBURUKU NIWON

1 Like

Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by stevups(m): 9:43am On Mar 27, 2023
Gondonu:
Naso! The subsidy criminals have really wrecked this nation.

I am telling you. All the subsidy they are the one benefiting from it.

1 Like

Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by kuse2(m): 9:44am On Mar 27, 2023
Last last, Na okada go full road..

May the Lord Help us
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by Majesty33(m): 9:45am On Mar 27, 2023
If they remove fuel subsidy, fuel wont cost 750, its just that those cabals dont want subsidy removed so that they can keep embezzelling funds they get from subsidy. Hmmmmm, we are done for in this country.
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by spiralwedge(m): 9:51am On Mar 27, 2023
Subsidy should be removed. I expect a litre to be about N300 and that’s fine.

It will reduce with time as more refineries are built and functional
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by 27Pushing30: 9:59am On Mar 27, 2023
Sammy07:

Dangote refinery should be fully ready before government remove subsidy.

Imagine, the crude oil we have here, we take it outside the country to refine, then they sell it back to us. angry sad

Once dangote refinery is ready, govt should try to use the subsidy money or by all means make all available refinery to be active and functional.

Dangote wey still dey talk story... this is march and no official news that FIRST CRUDE OIL DELIVERY HAS BEEN MADE TO THE REFINERY as feedstock?

Wikipedia page stated the refinery would be inaugurated Q1 2023, Well in 3 days Q1 ends and no news.

neither Obi nor Tinubu nor Atiku can remove fuel subsidy in the next 2 years ...it's not possible to implement without causing civil upheaval.

However targeted subsidies make better sense.
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by 27Pushing30: 10:00am On Mar 27, 2023
Majesty33:
If they remove fuel subsidy, fuel wont cost 750, its just that those cabals dont want subsidy removed so that they can keep embezzelling funds they get from subsidy. Hmmmmm, we are done for in this country.

Please explain the components of fuel landing cost to me in layman's terms... seems you're an Oil industry player.

Thank you.
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by Charly68: 10:01am On Mar 27, 2023
Thank God i dont have more than two cars to maintain..one for me and one for my wife..those having multiple cars may end up selling some of them ..enough of ostentatious life in the country. we must be ready to embrace a change to reset the country. If however our leaders refused to perform after our sacrifices may they become accursed in the land
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by year2013: 10:02am On Mar 27, 2023
Jessyjeff:
The federal government is yet to tell Nigerians where and how it invested or used monies saved from removal of subsidy on diesel and kerosene.

Very intelligent observation
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:04am On Mar 27, 2023
highchief1:
yea we buy it for more than that price abroad but atleast it’s just for cars.and we don’t have hopeless traffics so our fuel last.
But the salary and wages you guys earn there is not the same and cannot be compared with ours here. It is almost ×10.

1,000,000 naira minimum wage (UK) Vs 30,000 naira minimum wage of Nigeria.

This is a crime against humanity. Wickedness

1 Like

Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by History555: 10:05am On Mar 27, 2023
750 to 800 should be the appropriate price. After all
Kero is 800, gas is 800 pet kg, diesel is 800, aviation fuel is 850.
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by highchief1: 10:07am On Mar 27, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

But the salary and wages you guys earn there is not the same and cannot be compared with ours here. It is almost ×10.

1,000,000 naira minimum wage (UK) Vs 30,000 naira minimum wage of Nigeria.

This is a crime against humanity. Wickedness

if they don’t increase minimum wage to atleast 100k they will only be fooling themselves with that nonsense decision.Like I said nobody can survive that in Nigeria.Nobody

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by year2013: 10:14am On Mar 27, 2023
Lipscomb:
Just shut up which peter obi are you shouting? The same peter has largest supermarket in the whole of Abuja UK landlord at age of 30s. Yet his sources of incoming is unknown before becoming governor.

Peter obi a philosophy graduate turn to overnight accountant without a specific place he worked?

Mumu.
Some of my engineering graduate friends are bankers today.
Your hatred for Obi is what's making you not to move forward. Leave Obi and know peace.
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by ehissi(m): 10:14am On Mar 27, 2023
Sammy07:

Imagine, the crude oil we have here, we take it outside the country to refine, then they sell it back to us. angry sad

Once dangote refinery is ready, govt should try to use the subsidy money or by all means make all available refinery to be active and functional.

Dangote refinery cannot cover the demands for products in this country, if anything the presence of Dangote refinery will cause the price to spike because Dangote will lobby for his business to remain profitable.......

He is in the pil industry for profit and political advantage, let your wait not go and be in vain
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by ObiDatti85(m): 10:20am On Mar 27, 2023
Brace to increase Minimum wage to N200,000 when subsidy is removed.

Una Fada!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by Skyehigher1: 10:31am On Mar 27, 2023
Stop inciting price for us subsidy must if the petrol subsidy go now . Petrol pump price will not up to 500 naira which we already adapt to . Even subsidy go every thing we put in place
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by ChybuzzDD(m): 10:36am On Mar 27, 2023
madridguy:
The protest go mad.... When we don't have steady power supply and you want to take fuel to 750 naira so when NEPA start their madness person go dey carry 6,000 naira for 8 litres of fuel to power gen... E no go easy at all.

You and who will protest??

After supporting the wrong candidate, who's obviously corrupt and won't bring in a significant change, you want people to join you and protest?

Do you plant an orange tree and expect to pluck a mango fruit from it?

Most of you obviously don't think with your brains.

1 Like

Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 10:40am On Mar 27, 2023
Dreamhighnow:
government is not helping private sectors in anyway. Infact they are killing the private sector more and more

If only electricity is stable m. The money use for plants and generator by some companies can boost salary etc
then private sectors should know how to protest as well. How can I be entering motor of like #700 instead of #100, and still expecting me to be collecting like 100k per month. Is unfair.
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by NothingDoMe: 10:45am On Mar 27, 2023
NIGERIAJAGAJAGA:
Last last, everybody will be alright. Increasing the price is not my problem because I know some people with low IQ will come online and be shouting that developed countries buys fuel like 1k and blablabla. My issue is, what will be the benefits of the citizens, will salary, both private and government increase with like 200% to sustain families? What will be the advantage citizens will benefit from government? Won't they still embezzle the money and go free? Nigeria need a lot to answer. I dedicate this my FTC to all obidients, batfied and atikulate fans. One Nigeria. God bless us all. But I want to make one thing clear , each and everyone conscience will judge him/her. If truly u want better country for ur next generation, and not for selfish interest, ur conscience will judge u.
And those of us who truly want a better country will reap the greatest blessings. Amen! Amin! Ameeeeeeeeen!
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by integrity16(m): 10:49am On Mar 27, 2023
Remove this already
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by afbstrategies: 10:50am On Mar 27, 2023
Sammy07:

I take an exception to this.

One thing I know about asiwaju is.
1. Revenue will increase

2. Productivity and capable hands will take over.

One thing I know about Obi is.

1. Lots of expenditures and expenses will reduce

2. Revenue won't be that high but will significantly increase because of reduction of cost
You’re in denial. We said the same thing about Buhari and found ourselves in deeper mess because the cabal took over the old man. The same thing will happen with Tinubu because he doesn’t have the mental capacity to lead Nigeria like he did when he was governor. He told you he will remove the subsidies and the fragile state of our economy will push him to do that.
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 10:56am On Mar 27, 2023
NothingDoMe:
And those of us who truly want a better country will reap the greatest blessings. Amen! Amin! Ameeeeeeeeen!
amen amen and a louder AMEN.
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by EastAlchemist: 10:57am On Mar 27, 2023
Some people here believe it will favour the masses cry
Well let’s hope and pray
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by ModCaller: 11:31am On Mar 27, 2023
Sammy07:

Continue dreaming. You think Dangote is an idiot.

Look at cement price and see the future of fuel price
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by erospecial: 11:49am On Mar 27, 2023
This is the pain Nigerians would've overcome since 2012 but they chosed to postponed their pain in a magnified fold!!!
History will never be fair with Nigerians especially of the Yoruba and Northern extractions!

1 Like

Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by Hangulsaram: 12:04pm On Mar 27, 2023
puremaker7:
Salary will be increased
If they will at what percentage increment, I don’t see them doing that o, you know say those people in power no dey think at all and they don’t care.
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by Thinkingfast: 12:09pm On Mar 27, 2023
Petrol is an inelastic product which should have never been subsidied anyway, like some developed countries food ( elastic product) should be subsidied instead.

Subsidy removal would automatically increase cost push inflation facilitating lower standard of living in an already tough tarrain.

In the long run what the government would use the increase revenue for would determine if it worths it or not! Time would tell!

1 Like

Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by MadarasBlade(m): 12:24pm On Mar 27, 2023
madridguy:
The protest go mad.... When we don't have steady power supply and you want to take fuel to 750 naira so when NEPA start their madness person go dey carry 6,000 naira for 8 litres of fuel to power gen... E no go easy at all.

You're a big idiot. After supporting sai baba for 8yrs, you're still rooting for Tinubu. Na only you and your family go protest. Mugu
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by tunize(m): 1:53pm On Mar 27, 2023
Then there should also be increase in salary in both public and private “ but I actually doubt private because they will always look for way to cut cost thereby retrenching some persons suffer too full Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by Majesty33(m): 2:15pm On Mar 27, 2023
27Pushing30:

Please explain the components of fuel landing cost to me in layman's terms... seems you're an Oil industry player. Well, to be candid, i dont know. I Jjust feel due to corruption, they will inflate the price, hence we stick to old subsidy issue.

Thank you.
Re: Deregulation: Brace For N750/litre Petrol When Subsidy Is Removed, Stakeholders by chaloskyx: 3:09pm On Mar 27, 2023
Nice one from APC but i feel only Igbos would bear the brunt of this subsidy removal since the SW and North have representatives in the presidency they wont be affected i envy them so much sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: Crack In Buhari, Tinubu Camps Widens / Guardian Newspapers "Regrets" Article About Buhari. / Adamu Mohammed Removes Imohimi As Lagos CP, Zubairu To Take Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.