Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,683 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others (738 Views)

Na Bad Economy Make True Love No True Again!! / Can A Woman Truly Find Happiness Without A Man? No Relationship, No Marriage? / Validation From Anyone For Anything (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by EBUBS(m): 5:15pm On Mar 27, 2023
I can't help but imagine the level at which humans crave for validation from others. Both directly and Indirectly. Some people also pretend not to crave for validation just to get validated at the end.

From the food we eat, to the house we leave in , the car we drive, the people we marry. All these things boils down to our desires to be validated by others.

Technology and the developed countries as a whole know this truth and they use it against us every day. Check out the iphones, Facebook or social media as a whole, Lamborghini, big nyash, big breast, just to mention a few.

I stand to be corrected but I honestly believe that our happiness is greatly driven by validation. Directly and Indirectly

Please what's your take on this.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by Powerbando(f): 5:38pm On Mar 27, 2023
EBUBS:
I can't help but imagine the level at which humans crave for validation from others. Both directly and Indirectly. Some people also pretend not to crave for validation just to get validated at the end.

From the food we eat, to the house we leave in , the car we drive, the people we marry. All these things boils down to our desires to be validated by others.

Technology and the developed countries as a whole know this truth and they use it against us every day. Check out the iphones, Facebook or social media as a whole, Lamborghini, big nyash, big breast, just to mention a few.

I stand to be corrected but I honestly believe that our happiness is greatly driven by validation. Directly and Indirectly

You are very right
I tried all my best to not to impress people, but still undirectly impress people
I don't dress or eat expensively, but my inner man still crave for it.
And that is what is putting people under pressure to keep up
I just hope one day I become totally broken🙏🙏

3 Likes

Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by EBUBS(m): 5:48pm On Mar 27, 2023
Powerbando:

You are very right
I tried all my best to not to impress people, but still undirectly impress people
I don't dress or eat expensively, but my inner man still crave for it.
And that is what is putting people under pressure to keep up
I just hope one day I become totally broken🙏🙏

Thank you... We end up wanting to impress people even without knowing...
Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by Blupen969(m): 5:55pm On Mar 27, 2023
Op people don't know what they want just give them anything and deh will take it with a smile even mad man deh make person laugh or smile and he doesn't even know what he is doing

3 Likes

Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by superCleanworks(m): 5:56pm On Mar 27, 2023
EBUBS:

speak for yourself. quit the GENERALIZATION.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by EBUBS(m): 5:59pm On Mar 27, 2023
superCleanworks:

speak for yourself. quit the GENERALIZATION.

Please Give me a reason why you think I shouldn't generalize
Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by helinues: 8:33pm On Mar 27, 2023
If it's only validation, one can still squeeze that, how about chronic self entitlement mentality?
Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by EBUBS(m): 10:32pm On Mar 27, 2023
Honestly it gets worse
Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by Patriotsleague: 11:33pm On Mar 27, 2023
It's weak people that seek this, people operating on very low frequency.

2 Likes

Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by Patriotsleague: 11:34pm On Mar 27, 2023
EBUBS:

Please Give me a reason why you think I shouldn't generalize
Because it's dumb and your myopic lifestyle don't define everyone. Very ignorant to think everyone is like you.
Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by Kobojunkie: 12:13am On Mar 28, 2023
EBUBS:

Happiness driven by validation from others rather than self sounds a bit like a dependency problem to me. undecided
Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by efficiencie(m): 12:26am On Mar 28, 2023
EBUBS:

No be me oh. Validation bawo. So if you are surrounded by people who do not approve of your lifestyle you will change it so that they can accept you? If yes, then you are a feather in the storm. You will forever be at the mercy of narcissists, demagogues, abusers etc. No human's validation means anything to me because in the end I will face the consequences of my decisions without the help of anyone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by EBUBS(m): 7:37am On Mar 28, 2023
efficiencie:

No be me oh. Validation bawo. So if you are surrounded by people who do not approve of your lifestyle you will change it so that they can accept you? If yes, then you are a feather in the storm. You will forever be at the mercy of narcissists, demagogues, abusers etc. No human's validation means anything to me because in the end I will face the consequences of my decisions without the help of anyone.

Lol.... It does you just won't accept it... Imagine yourself in a case where it's just you in this world you'll understand this thing better. You'll not be pressurized to do more you'd be just contented wherever you are. A cat's basic Toyota car can take you to anywhere you want. As long as it's new... Give me just one reason you need a higher one that extremely expensive..

3 Likes

Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by EBUBS(m): 7:43am On Mar 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Happiness driven by validation from others rather than self sounds a bit like a dependency problem to me. undecided

That's the point. Our life is generally depend on other humans. The existence of other people is what gives us a sense of belonging.... Money us totally useless if it's just you in life.

People depend on people to live happy. It's not a problem. That's just how it is, we just don't want to accept it.

1 Like

Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 28, 2023
EBUBS:

We are social animals so it normally feels good to be noticed or appreciated...but where it becomes a problem is when people crave attention round the clock...for some people attention is like a drug to them so you must be moderate that's all

6 Likes

Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by EBUBS(m): 7:56am On Mar 28, 2023
Rayban25:

We are social animals so it normally feels good to be noticed or appreciated...but where it becomes a problem is when people crave attention round the clock...for some people attention is like a drug to them so you must be moderate that's all

Thank you sir/ma. Everything in that's not done In moderation is problem already. I just have issues with people that don't want to understand this is how things are naturally..

1 Like

Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by Bintabisiriyu2: 11:23am On Mar 28, 2023
op just dey play, keep seeking validation u hear
Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by Kobojunkie: 1:12pm On Mar 28, 2023
EBUBS:
■ That's the point. Our life is generally depend on other humans. The existence of other people is what gives us a sense of belonging.... Money us totally useless if it's just you in life.
■ People depend on people to live happy. It's not a problem. That's just how it is, we just don't want to accept it.
1. Not necessarily true at all. Your material existence may be dependent on others, but your emotional does not in anyway need to conform to that of others around you. undecided

2. Again, that depends to a great deal on how you choose to define your happiness. undecided
Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
Validation seeking is imprinted in our subconscious. If you like, deny it from now to next year.

2 Likes

Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by efficiencie(m): 1:31pm On Mar 28, 2023
EBUBS:

Lol.... It does you just won't accept it... Imagine yourself in a case where it's just you in this world you'll understand this thing better. You'll not be pressurized to do more you'd be just contented wherever you are. A cat's basic Toyota car can take you to anywhere you want. As long as it's new... Give me just one reason you need a higher one that extremely expensive..

I am contented already. I don't live above my means. I cherish the small things as much as the big things. I am easily satisified and I am only motivated to bear the cost of reaching beyond my bounds by the desire to be a blessing to others.
Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by EBUBS(m): 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2023
Eazzii:
Validation seeking is imprinted in our subconscious. If you like, deny it from now to next year.

Leave them na
Re: There's No True Happiness Without Validation From Others by Crucialgem(m): 3:11pm On Mar 28, 2023
Op you are on this one like you said just imagine a world where there is no one to impress or seek validation from i can easily wear bathroom slippers to work without a fling, but without that hmmm i need to leave my house and the other person sees me and take a second glance at me and i smile inside of me thats when i really know i have dressed

(1) (Reply)

.h / How To Find Out If Your Spouse Is Cheating Or Not | 2023 Hack! / Who Do We Blame The Girl Or The Guy, Another Surprise Proposal Gone Wrong!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.