Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) (70234 Views)

How I Converted A Space In My Compound Into A Dry Season Ugu Farm / How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. / Turn Animal Dungs To Money With Manure Drying Machine. Call 08132380951 Now!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Dshocker(m): 8:19pm On Apr 01, 2023
ytdivine:
1. Coconut Tree
I planted many coconut trees some years ago. Today, I have it in large quantity. There is no university of experience. You have to acquire it. Am writing base on experience. If you have 20 trees of coconut, over a million naira annual revenue is guaranteed. My coconut tree gives over 120 big fruits each per season which translates to over #50k. This is the minimum you can get if you take care of the tree.
Please stop the procrastination, the second best time to plant coconut is now

Who do you sell to?
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Kensab: 8:20pm On Apr 01, 2023
So does it mean coconut farming is more profitable than palm?
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Dshocker(m): 8:51pm On Apr 01, 2023
ytdivine:
I admire so much people with this asset called land. A lot of people in this forum has hectares of land which is no doubt a very huge investment. One of my early mistake was not buying much piece of land even when I had the resources to do so.
I can tell you clearly that the little I get have been carefully converted into multiple source of income. Without exaggeration, during this recent financial crisis of scarcity of money, I was very comfortable because I earned income daily from this invaluable asset called LAND.
This thread is to highlight how one can turn land to money. Am going to be posting pictures to support my claim.
Please stay tuned

What type of coconut did you plant hybrid or native?
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Countersam(m): 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2023
ytdivine:
There is a lot of untapped potential in coconut business. I saw on YouTube where raw coconut juices are being sold in some countries. Never come across it here in Nigeria. At first, I was not interested but decided to give it a trial. It was very fantastic. I had never in my life taken such delicious fruit juice before. Please give it a trial, you will concur with me.

Get one not yet ripe coconut fruit fresh from the tree. Open and drink the water, come here and testify. This coconut water cures a lot of disease.

In Cotonou and entire Benin Republic, coconut juice is regarded as an oral drip... It has alot of benefits. People in hospitals send for it from their sick bed.

1 Like

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 9:03pm On Apr 01, 2023
9free:

And I have 5,000 square meters land some where in Kuje wasting away.....

Please wake up
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 9:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
Dshocker:

Who do you sell to?
Many including fruit sellers
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 9:05pm On Apr 01, 2023
Dshocker:

What type of coconut did you plant hybrid or native?
Both
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 9:07pm On Apr 01, 2023
Kensab:
So does it mean coconut farming is more profitable than palm?
Both are good. Each has it's merit

1 Like

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Dshocker(m): 9:11pm On Apr 01, 2023
ytdivine:

Both

I was actually talking with someone on this forum on coconut plantation.

I plan to use 100 hectares of land for the project.

Constrain right now is the finance, which i hope would be available before the end of the year.

1 Like

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by baba4thegehs: 9:26pm On Apr 01, 2023
Definitely not the type of land they sell in Lagos.

Lol grin
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 9:45pm On Apr 01, 2023
Dshocker:

I was actually talking with someone on this forum on coconut plantation.

I plan to use 100 hectares of land for the project.

Constrain right now is the finance, which i hope would be available before the end of the year.

God will provide
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by PraizHim: 9:59pm On Apr 01, 2023
ytdivine:
I admire so much people with this asset called land. A lot of people in this forum has hectares of land which is no doubt a very huge investment. One of my early mistake was not buying much piece of land even when I had the resources to do so.
I can tell you clearly that the little I get have been carefully converted into multiple source of income. Without exaggeration, during this recent financial crisis of scarcity of money, I was very comfortable because I earned income daily from this invaluable asset called LAND.
This thread is to highlight how one can turn land to money. Am going to be posting pictures to support my claim.
Please stay tuned

Obyno I hail oh. Your class/ course mate
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by DearGorgeous(f): 10:36pm On Apr 01, 2023
doggedfighter:

You mean coconut water or coconut ?

I wish I can see a picture of how they do it using the boots of their car. May want to try it here.

They sell coconut juice. You know those type of tender coconuts that are not strong yet. When you buy, they don't peel off that first layer, they just open the head or bottom of the coconut and serve you takeaway spoon, you know.

1 Like

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by doggedfighter(f): 10:41pm On Apr 01, 2023
DearGorgeous:

They sell coconut juice. You know those type of tender coconuts that are not strong yet. When you buy, they don't peel off that first layer, they just open the head or bottom of the coconut and serve you takeaway spoon, you know.

Sounds really good.

1 Like

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Drsnives(m): 12:46am On Apr 02, 2023
ytdivine:

One virtue I will advice everyone to get is PATIENCE. Five years is not far at all. Just plant many, about 3 metres spacing, before you know it, money will start coming
Master, I have 2plots of land and am thinking of planting palm but there, with this your coconut matter am confused, please which of them pays more?
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Useku(m): 3:59am On Apr 02, 2023
Coconut
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 4:16am On Apr 02, 2023
PraizHim:

Obyno I hail oh. Your class/ course mate

I salute you
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 4:18am On Apr 02, 2023
Drsnives:

Master, I have 2plots of land and am thinking of planting palm but there, with this your coconut matter am confused, please which of them pays more?
Don't be confused. You can try both
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Evidenx(m): 4:38am On Apr 02, 2023
How many coconut tree can I plant in a 100x100 land?
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Drsnives(m): 8:54am On Apr 02, 2023
ytdivine:

Don't be confused. You can try both
No enough land just 200 by 100
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 9:52am On Apr 02, 2023
Drsnives:

No enough land just 200 by 100
Then, go for coconut
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 9:53am On Apr 02, 2023
Evidenx:
How many coconut tree can I plant in a 100x100 land?

You can plant up to 100 using 3metre spacing
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Ephiezy4real(m): 10:26am On Apr 02, 2023
ytdivine:

It takes about 5year to fruit and the seedlings are always available especially during this dry season. The only issue is getting the right species

Meanwhile checkout this video, subscribe to learn more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKeNBQstBqI

Well done OP, those are actually older varieties. We now have new improved varieties (malaysian dwarf) that fruits in 3 years, dwarf, more prolific and fruits for up to seven decades

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Ephiezy4real(m): 10:33am On Apr 02, 2023
Sunnic4sure:
This is unique tread, I think we have to start thinking outside the box, it's not only cooperate wear jobs fetches money. I'm already prepared going into Palm fruit plantation and plantian plantation with already purchased 75 acres of land.
I'm working on the clearing and planting capital.
We need to start sourcing way to be what we dream about.
We can aswell have group of farmers of all crops.
If anyone can make the group available let him or her indicate, there and then we will be sharing much knowledge to better our lives.

Where us your land located? We just acquired 75 acres for the same purpose too. Coconut, Oil Palm and little vegetable farming (tomato and cucumber)
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Ephiezy4real(m): 10:36am On Apr 02, 2023
FirmTR:

How many times per year do coconut tree produce(s) fruits?

Although some people have reported harvesting up to 600 nuts per tree of Malaysian dwarf hybrid. Anything between 100 and 400 is achievable.

Please note that production will be lower in the first few production years and increase till it gets to the peak. About 400 per annum

2 Likes

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Ephiezy4real(m): 10:42am On Apr 02, 2023
ytdivine:
2. Orange
About 15years ago, there was this my friend that I looked up to in terms of investment. We use to have both short and long term in our investment plan. This guy started building houses for rent and since I didn't have the resources to do same, I decided to look in the direction of agriculture.
I planted some orange trees. I bought some sweet oranges from market and planted the seeds after licking the fruit.
What I spent was just the cost of the oranges which was around #200.
After the nursery, I transplanted them and was wetting them every day.
Today, am reaping the fruits of my labour
The picture below is just single harvest right inside my compound

Can you tell us the yield per tree sir? And the revenue per tree just as coconut gave you about 50k per tree. Which one would you say is more profitable?
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Ephiezy4real(m): 10:44am On Apr 02, 2023
Exmilitant:
If you build a 30 room bacha on your piece of land, you can get 3k monthly for each room.

Do the maths!

What's bacha please?
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Ephiezy4real(m): 10:47am On Apr 02, 2023
Exmilitant:
If you build a 30 room bacha on your piece of land, you can get 3k monthly for each room.

Do the maths!

But I hope you know 30 x 3k per month is just a little above 1m per annum which the OP earns from his 20 cocnut trees. Tell us the cost of building the bacha too
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Ephiezy4real(m): 10:53am On Apr 02, 2023
viyon02:
you have to wait for minimum of five years if the lnad is very good, maximum of 7 years

That is for older varieties. New improved varieties fruits in 3 years
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Ephiezy4real(m): 10:55am On Apr 02, 2023
ytdivine:

If you have any link on better coconut species, let know

I do and I have the seedlings for sale. WhatsApp 08136903541
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Ephiezy4real(m): 11:01am On Apr 02, 2023
kenny714433:
Coconut ke.... Instead of wasting your time and space planting coconut, plant oil palm tree instead.

Except you just want to plant coconut for personal consumption. Or you want to plant coconut in really large scale. Even at that, oil palm tree still beat coconut.

Coconut is more profitable than oil palm. How much do you make per acre of palm oil?
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Ephiezy4real(m): 11:07am On Apr 02, 2023
don3e:

Estimate of the land masse( plots of land) needed for 1000 coconut as you stated, pls tell us?
For the record, nice one

I will advise 100 trees per 4,000 Square meters (1 acre) at 6m x 6m spacing. 1,000 trees will need 10 acres

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Checkout All-Black Chicken That Sells For $6000 (Pics, Video) / This Is The Biggest Cat Fish I've Ever Seen / Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.