Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) (70228 Views)

How I Converted A Space In My Compound Into A Dry Season Ugu Farm / How I Converted An Abandoned Land In My Area Into A Sesame Farm. / Turn Animal Dungs To Money With Manure Drying Machine. Call 08132380951 Now!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Ephiezy4real(m): 11:09am On Apr 02, 2023
Kensab:
So does it mean coconut farming is more profitable than palm?

Yes
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Ephiezy4real(m): 11:11am On Apr 02, 2023
Dshocker:

I was actually talking with someone on this forum on coconut plantation.

I plan to use 100 hectares of land for the project.

Constrain right now is the finance, which i hope would be available before the end of the year.

Where is your land located? You can drop your contact
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ibinaboonline: 12:00pm On Apr 02, 2023
You export coconut to Turkey?
ytdivine:
Coconut has a lot of health benefits. The demand is so much that the market can never be Saturated. This makes this fruit to be very expensive. I do sell one in the range of #400 to #600 depending on the size.
Coconut oil is one of the expensive cosmetic oil which can be exported. I have export market in Turkey already. I will post some pictures of coconut fruits tomorrow after cutting
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ibinaboonline: 12:01pm On Apr 02, 2023
Nawa o. So you've never drank coconut water before?
ytdivine:
There is a lot of untapped potential in coconut business. I saw on YouTube where raw coconut juices are being sold in some countries. Never come across it here in Nigeria. At first, I was not interested but decided to give it a trial. It was very fantastic. I had never in my life taken such delicious fruit juice before. Please give it a trial, you will concur with me.

Get one not yet ripe coconut fruit fresh from the tree. Open and drink the water, come here and testify. This coconut water cures a lot of disease.
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 12:04pm On Apr 02, 2023
Ephiezy4real:

Well done OP, those are actually older varieties. We now have new improved varieties (malaysian dwarf) that fruits in 3 years, dwarf, more prolific and fruits for up to seven decades

Contact me on 08168457917 for proper check on your variety
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Exmilitant(m): 12:04pm On Apr 02, 2023
Ephiezy4real:

But I hope you know 30 x 3k per month is just a little above 1m per annum which the OP earns from his 20 cocnut trees. Tell us the cost of building the bacha too
They build on my land at their own cost and, live in it for one year before they begin paying me 3k every month. A fair bargain if you compare to op's coconut farm which will take a minimum of 7-9 years beforing maturing for harvest and market purpose( don't mind the fat lie that coconuts mature within five years)

And don't belief the ops claim that 20 coconut stands gets you millions. It don't, it won't. It cant. Hell, 20 stand even if all coconut trees yields 200 coconut fruit it wont get you millions!

1 Like

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2023
Ephiezy4real:

Can you tell us the yield per tree sir? And the revenue per tree just as coconut gave you about 50k per tree. Which one would you say is more profitable?

Very nice question.
Well nourished orange tree can give you about 8bags of oranges per annum. Each bag costs about #7,500.
8bags x 7,500 = #60k
The orange here is not all these grafted (Agric) orange trees. Am talking about the conventional orange tree.
If you're investing in orange plantation, just forget the Agric type that fruits within 3 years, it will not give you good result. It's good for your domestic consumption. For commercial purpose, go for the normal Orange trees with thurns all over it, it takes about 5 years to fruit, by then, it has attained it maturity. One of this may be equivalent to about 3 of the Agric type in terms of output.
I hope I made some point here.

2 Likes

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by FirmTR(m): 12:29pm On Apr 02, 2023
Ephiezy4real:

Although some people have reported harvesting up to 600 nuts per tree of Malaysian dwarf hybrid. Anything between 100 and 400 is achievable.

Please note that production will be lower in the first few production years and increase till it gets to the peak. About 400 per annum

Wow! That's plentiful.
I'll definitely invest in this (agriculture) for the sake of my children and their offspring.
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 12:39pm On Apr 02, 2023
Ephiezy4real:

I will advise 100 trees per 4,000 Square meters (1 acre) at 6m x 6m spacing. 1,000 trees will need 10 acres
6m spacing is too much if you want to optimize your land
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 12:42pm On Apr 02, 2023
ibinaboonline:
You export coconut to Turkey?

Have market for coconut oil (cold processed)
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 12:54pm On Apr 02, 2023
One challenge you may get with orange is marketing. A lot of middle men. Coconut is easier to market than orange. Coconut is scarce, the demand is far higher than the supply.
You will make more money in orange if you sell directly to the Aboki. Avoid the middle men as much as you can. If you take care of your Orange trees by providing irrigation, manure, pesticide etc, the orange that will be produced will be big sizes, sweat, and fresh. By this way, buyers will rush for it
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 1:06pm On Apr 02, 2023
Whichever you're planting, one thing is very important.
GETTING IT RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING.
The foundation of everything matters a lot. Same applicable here.
1. Right species
2. Good soil type
3. Nutrients
4. Protection against disease and other treat
5. Water water water !!!!
6. Supervision

1 Like

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 1:23pm On Apr 02, 2023
1. Species
Species type can make or mar your investment. For example, I have an orange specie that produce two types of oranges.
Type A orange is very big and attractive but big for nothing. No water inside and not sweet. This consists about 60%
Type B orange has one funny shape but very sweet and much water inside.
If out of ignorance as I did, invest on this specie, believe me, no returns of investment.
In another note, I have another orange specie, the original orange, took about 5 years to attain maturity and fruit. This specie is my joy, fruits all over it, the yield is excellent. It has water and very sweet. I had wished all my orange trees are like this.
Please pay attention to the species you're buying

3 Likes

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by viyon02: 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2023
Ephiezy4real:

That is for older varieties. New improved varieties fruits in 3 years
yes I know but they don't last long in production of fruits, like our local breeds, I do advise anyone who want to go into plantation to go for our local breeds. because hybrid don't last long
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 1:47pm On Apr 02, 2023
2. Soil type
Irrespective of your plant, the soil type is one of the factors that determine the output both quantity and quality. Same way bone provides support to humans, soil provides platform for plant growth. Avoid clay and waterlogged soil. Seek for well drained sandy or loamy soil.
Another issue here is soil chemical. The soil PH. Soil PH tells you whether the soil is acidic or alkaline. Different plants perform at different scale of PH. Acidic soil of about 5 to 6 is good for both orange and coconut.

Whatever soil type you have, don't be deterred, there are ways to improve the soil and make it better. Israel was initially desert but today, they can feed the whole world.

1 Like

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 2:10pm On Apr 02, 2023
3. Nutrients
Nobody can survive without food. Same here, nutrients are food for the plants. Though you may not know, that fruit whether orange or coconut or pawpaw is sweet is a function of the available nutrients to the plants.
If you have any orange that's not sweet, just provide some nutrients to it, the taste changes immediately.
How does nutrients gets to the soil?
Bacteria and Fungal play the role here. Have you ever wondered why people turn sour fruits to sweet fruits by digging round the tree and pouring sugar round it?
Here is the science behind it. Bacteria like sugar. Bacteria feeds on the sugar and releases Nitrogen nutrients to the plants.
Manure and Compost are major nutrients source acted upon by both bacteria and fungal
Make sure you have nutrients source and always replenish as when due
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Glocal1: 4:01pm On Apr 02, 2023
Deeprooted:
What particularly is this used for?
It is a dryer, to absorb moisture and keep products dry during storage.
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Theophinio(m): 5:47pm On Apr 02, 2023
Sunnic4sure:
This is unique tread, I think we have to start thinking outside the box, it's not only cooperate wear jobs fetches money. I'm already prepared going into Palm fruit plantation and plantian plantation with already purchased 75 acres of land.
I'm working on the clearing and planting capital.
We need to start sourcing way to be what we dream about.
We can aswell have group of farmers of all crops.
If anyone can make the group available let him or her indicate, there and then we will be sharing much knowledge to better our lives.

Wise one here

1 Like

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Evidenx(m): 12:43am On Apr 03, 2023
ytdivine:

You can plant up to 100 using 3metre spacing
okay sir thanks. I intend planting coconut and paw-paw.
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Ephiezy4real(m): 4:43am On Apr 03, 2023
viyon02:
yes I know but they don't last long in production of fruits, like our local breeds, I do advise anyone who want to go into plantation to go for our local breeds. because hybrid don't last long

Where did you get that I formation from? Hybrids can produce up to 7 decades. 70 good years

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by viyon02: 12:06pm On Apr 03, 2023
Ephiezy4real:

Where did you get that I formation from? Hybrids can produce up to 7 decades. 70 good years
sorry bro, not true I am an experienced coconut farmer.

1 Like

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 6:53am On Apr 04, 2023
Evidenx:
okay sir thanks. I intend planting coconut and paw-paw.

Start immediately. Take a forward step

1 Like

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 7:25am On Apr 05, 2023
4. When you plant coconut or any fruit in general, you need to give it protection against diseases and some animal intruders. Make sure you ward off cattle and goat, weed around them to prevent hibernation of rodents and other animals that pose as threat.
Provide adequate nutrients and water to enable the plant develop strong immunity against diseases.
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by jazzyking(m): 2:42pm On Apr 05, 2023
Deeprooted:
What particularly is this used for?

Used to absorb moisture and keep things dry.
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by keystone123(m): 4:08pm On Apr 05, 2023
EnoAkpanOctober:
Land For Sale.

Location: Ajase (Kwara state). Suitable for factory, school, estate, farming.

1hr 15mins from the Ilorin Airport. The area has 17 hrs of power daily.

Secured Location. Very close to Ilorin-Kogi road, 5 mins from local market.

Price 550K per acre 08024061376

Verify this land before buying. Learn how to verify every land before buying, dont rush because is cheap or in good location. My advise

1 Like

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by keystone123(m): 4:12pm On Apr 05, 2023
Exmilitant:
They build on my land at their own cost and, live in it for one year before they begin paying me 3k every month. A fair bargain if you compare to op's coconut farm which will take a minimum of 7-9 years beforing maturing for harvest and market purpose( don't mind the fat lie that coconuts mature within five years)

And don't belief the ops claim that 20 coconut stands gets you millions. It don't, it won't. It cant. Hell, 20 stand even if all coconut trees yields 200 coconut fruit it wont get you millions!

Is good but the number of years are so long. If you plant cassava on that big land for just 2years you will become millionaire. Agriculture is not all about lucrativeness alone, you do calculation and compare with other crops or fruit that yield return faster. This method will enable you to do more by multiplying it by retaining the first profit for maximization

1 Like

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Exmilitant(m): 6:14pm On Apr 05, 2023
keystone123:

Is good but the number of years are so long. If you plant cassava on that big land for just 2years you will become millionaire. Agriculture is not all about lucrativeness along, you do calculation and compare
i prefer the 6 month specie.
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Apitch(m): 4:33pm On Apr 06, 2023
Exmilitant:

Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by keystone123(m): 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2023
Exmilitant:
i prefer the 6 month specie.

There is one called TME 419 or there about, it will be ready for harvest within 4month. Agriculture is the next gold mine. Taking this cassava tubbers to the main market, na you go tire as buyers are there waiting to pay for it immediately. Nigeria population is growing exponentially, how you think food harvesting with be enough to feed the massive population. funny enough, the little grains or tubbers we produce, we still export them to neighbouring country like chad, niger, mali, benin republic etc.

Dont forget there are still cattle rearer and farmers problem much very active in various state of the federation. This is the major challenge to massive food production and govt should look for a way of solving this issue or governor of each state affect should creat a lasting solution.
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by Exmilitant(m): 10:41pm On Apr 06, 2023
keystone123:

There is one called TME 419 or there about, it will be ready for harvest within 4month. Agriculture is the next gold mine. Taking this cassava tubbers to the main market, na you go tire as buyers are there waiting to pay for it immediately. Nigeria population is growing exponentially, how you think food harvesting with be enough to feed the massive population. funny enough, the little grains or tubbers we produce, we still export them to neighbouring country like chad, niger, mali, benin republic etc.

Dont forget there are still cattle rearer and farmers problem much very active in various state of the federation. This is the major challenge to massive food production and govt should look for a way of solving this issue or governor of each state affect should creat a lasting solution.
so on point. But here in PH we prefer oil money!
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by NaijaPropagato: 7:34am On Apr 07, 2023
In Lagos, in Surulere near the Sports Complex, they sell coconut with the water on Sundays. In Rivers State (Bonny), years ago, they had and still have coconut estates that they used to farm, dry the meat (Mockerel) and export to England before the focus shifted to Petroleum. These were villagers that farmed the coconut estates and traded with Europeans but after the petroleum boom, most of them left it and it is now government property.
Re: How I Converted My Piece Of Land To Money (pictures) by ytdivine(m): 2:28pm On Apr 07, 2023
NaijaPropagato:
In Lagos, in Surulere near the Sports Complex, they sell coconut with the water on Sundays. In Rivers State (Bonny), years ago, they had and still have coconut estates that they used to farm, dry the meat (Mockerel) and export to England before the focus shifted to Petroleum. These were villagers that farmed the coconut estates and traded with Europeans but after the petroleum boom, most of them left it and it is now government property.

We need to go back to Agriculture

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Checkout All-Black Chicken That Sells For $6000 (Pics, Video) / This Is The Biggest Cat Fish I've Ever Seen / Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.