Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Where Igbos Truly Part Of Buhari's 5 Percent ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Igbos Truly Part Of Buhari's 5 Percent ? (424 Views)

Senator Shehu Sani Summarises Buhari's 5 Years In Office With A Proverb / Senate Gives Buhari 5 Days To Submit Names Of Ministerial Nominees / BREAKING: Buhari, 5 Presidents Meet In Chad Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Igbos Truly Part Of Buhari's 5 Percent ? by TheDevilIsALai: 7:10am On Mar 28, 2023
Answer is a resounding No!

Let's start with the election proper that formed the basis of Buhari's infamous response to a foreign presswoman .

Buhari got some significant votes in the SE compared to the SS .

Imo state gave Buhari more than the required 25% as Buhari polled over a 100k votes there.

Voter apathy in the SE was also a reason why Buhari won GEJ as the region never truly came out to vote GEJ despite all the appointments and projects GEF favoured the region. The second Niger bridge was conceived and started under GEj and Enugu airport was upgraded to a full category 3 international airport but this was not enough for the entitled Igbo populace to come out and vote GEJ.

The real 5% were the SS people who never voted for Buhari other than in Edo.

Buhari did not get up to 5% vote tallied in 5 of the SS states.

And when you go back and review the context of that speech on 5% you will see it was in response to a question posed by a foreign press woman who asked how Buhari will treat the restive SS region and if he will continue the amnesty program. Buhari went on a tangent and made his infamous 5% quote.

At no time were the Igbo 5% and at no time did the Igbo reject Buhari as they are now claiming.

Even when considered in terms of projects, the SE benefited immensely from Buhari and it is no secret that their entire political and business class supported Buhari irrespective of party affiliation. Arthur Eze gave Buhari #50bn for his 2019 re-election .

How can Igbo be 5% when their hopes of the presidency or VP position being zoned to them was more loudest in the APC under Buhari?

It's important this grave misconception and outright lie is put to rest as the Igbo are now claiming they rejected the disaster Buhari and so their "wise counsel" on Tinubu being rejected must be taken seriously.
Re: Where Igbos Truly Part Of Buhari's 5 Percent ? by EmeeNaka: 7:13am On Mar 28, 2023
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Where Igbos Truly Part Of Buhari's 5 Percent ? by BentizilL: 7:16am On Mar 28, 2023
I think the 5 percent was because of landmass(SE) not votes...
Until Igbo stop their nzogbu nzogbu politics, they're getting no where near Aso rock..
Igbo will be wise by fire by force.
Re: Where Igbos Truly Part Of Buhari's 5 Percent ? by SWATMan: 7:17am On Mar 28, 2023
EmeeNaka:
Nonsense

Babanla nonsense.
Re: Where Igbos Truly Part Of Buhari's 5 Percent ? by TheDevilIsALai: 7:17am On Mar 28, 2023
EmeeNaka:
Nonsense

Behave !

You liars have started lying on the true origins of the 5 percent

Can you explain why almost all of GEJ's Igbo appointees , high ranking SE PDP leaders defected to the APC almost immediately when GEJ conceded ?

You are liars and I will shout it here that no other region had so many Buhari ass lickers than the SE.
Re: Where Igbos Truly Part Of Buhari's 5 Percent ? by TheDevilIsALai: 7:19am On Mar 28, 2023
SWATMan:

Babanla nonsense.

Andy Ubah
Stella Odua
Ken Nnamani

Why did these pigs defect almost immediately after GEJ conceded ?

You are not going to claim opposition when you ass licked Buhari more than any other region.
Re: Where Igbos Truly Part Of Buhari's 5 Percent ? by frankyychiji(f): 7:21am On Mar 28, 2023
TheDevilIsALai:
Answer is a resounding No!

Let's start with the election proper that formed the basis of Buhari's infamous response to a foreign presswoman .

Buhari got some significant votes in the SE compared to the SS .

Imo state gave Buhari more than the required 25% as Buhari polled over a 100k votes there.

Voter apathy in the SE was also a reason why Buhari won GEJ as the region never truly came out to vote GEJ despite all the appointments and projects GEF favoured the region. The second Niger bridge was conceived and started under GEj and Enugu airport was upgraded to a full category 3 international airport but this was not enough for the entitled Igbo populace to come out and vote GEJ.

The real 5% were the SS people who never voted for Buhari other than in Edo.

Buhari did not get up to 5% vote tallied in 5 of the SS states.

And when you go back and review the context of that speech on 5% you will see it was in response to a question posed by a foreign press woman who asked how Buhari will treat the restive SS region and if he will continue the amnesty program. Buhari went on a tangent and made his infamous 5% quote.

At no time were the Igbo 5% and at no time did the Igbo reject Buhari as they are now claiming.

Even when considered in terms of projects, the SE benefited immensely from Buhari and it is no secret that their entire political and business class supported Buhari irrespective of party affiliation. Arthur Eze gave Buhari #50bn for his 2019 re-election .

How can Igbo be 5% when their hopes of the presidency or VP position being zoned to them was more loudest in the APC under Buhari?

It's important this grave misconception and outright lie is put to rest as the Igbo are now claiming they rejected the disaster Buhari and so their "wise counsel" on Tinubu being rejected must be taken seriously.

You are now his spokesman?

Re: Where Igbos Truly Part Of Buhari's 5 Percent ? by frankyychiji(f): 7:22am On Mar 28, 2023
BentizilL:
Until Igbo stop their nzogbu nzogbu politics, they're getting no where near Aso rock..
NL has really provided a free platform for all manner of rubbish.
Re: Where Igbos Truly Part Of Buhari's 5 Percent ? by TheDevilIsALai: 7:24am On Mar 28, 2023
BentizilL:

It had nothing to do with landmass or Igbos

The video clip of that interview is readily available and that five percent statement was directly in response to a question on how Buhari will treat the SS oil rich region that did not vote for him

At no time was it inclusive of the heebo judases.
Re: Where Igbos Truly Part Of Buhari's 5 Percent ? by TheDevilIsALai: 7:24am On Mar 28, 2023
frankyychiji:
You are now his spokesman?

Pig ,how does this topic relate to Tinubu ?

Swine
Re: Where Igbos Truly Part Of Buhari's 5 Percent ? by Newdawn30: 7:35am On Mar 28, 2023
Fistly I am not igbo, this is nairaland and it's has become important to state that,

I think you are wrong with your submission, how long do you think Nigeria can keep the igbos and The north central( whatever part of the north that hasn'tested power, since 1999)

Because I national unity they will be given the chance to rule, it's just a matter of time

BentizilL:
Re: Where Igbos Truly Part Of Buhari's 5 Percent ? by Ireportlive: 7:36am On Mar 28, 2023
Which kin ogboge lie be this

Chai people Sabi lie lie

5% reference was made at the first and only live Presidential media chat by NtA and other media houses

The Question was specifically asked by a journalist of Igbo decent and he asked why Igbos were marginalized in new appointment into the cabinet, too which Buhari replied;

Buhari said he has been far too Generous to Igbos as Ngige making Labour Min was Igbo, Ameachi was Igbo Transport, Godfrey Onyeama was IGBO... He further stated that people who voted 97% of their votes for opposition and 5% for ruling party shouldn't expect same preference.. and he rounded up by saying Katsina only got Transport ministry 2 aviation and more appointment were on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghAgdlYdeTU

Re: Where Igbos Truly Part Of Buhari's 5 Percent ? by phorget(m): 7:36am On Mar 28, 2023
Igbos rejected Buhari and it was very glaring, even in my own circle I was just like a dot. I supported Buhari thinking that he was going to work on all the manifestos presented but alas I was wrong.
Re: Where Igbos Truly Part Of Buhari's 5 Percent ? by Okoroawusa: 7:51am On Mar 28, 2023
Who be this?
Re: Where Igbos Truly Part Of Buhari's 5 Percent ? by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 28, 2023
The 5% na ur mate

Lol
Re: Where Igbos Truly Part Of Buhari's 5 Percent ? by Godwin4444: 7:59am On Mar 28, 2023
Newdawn30:
Fistly I am not igbo, this is nairaland and it's has become important to state that,

I think you are wrong with your submission, how long do you think Nigeria can keep the igbos and The north central( whatever part of the north that hasn'tested power, since 1999)

Because I national unity they will be given the chance to rule, it's just a matter of time

so it’s no longer south east n south south attachment?
U igbos have started gumming body with north central

U can see south south no dey follow u play politics of bitterness again

(1) (Reply)

This New Nairaland Background Is Affecting My Sight / How INEC Scammed Nigerians. / Business Mogul Receives Kogi APC Guber Candidate, Ododo, In Abuja, Charges Him T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.