Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,478 members, 7,830,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate (13499 Views)

Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt / My Job Hunt Experience / I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by veyo01: 9:11am On Mar 28, 2023
It was a bright and sunny day in Lagos, and I had just graduated from the university with a degree in accounting. With my shiny new degree in hand, I was on the hunt for my first job as an accountant. I had applied to several companies without much success, but I was determined not to give up.

One day, I received a call from a microfinance bank in Lagos that had received my application. They asked me to come in for an interview the next day, and I was thrilled at the opportunity. I quickly prepared myself, wearing my best suit and polishing my shoes. I was determined to make a good impression.

As I walked into the bank, I was greeted by a friendly receptionist who directed me to the interview room. As I sat down nervously, I noticed that the interviewer was looking at me with a curious expression on his face.

He asked me the usual questions about my experience and qualifications, and I answered them as best as I could. But then he asked me a question that caught me off guard: "If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be?" and I'm like you dey whine ni?

I paused for a moment, wondering if this was some kind of trick question. Then I replied, "I would have the power to turn back time so that I could correct any mistakes I made today."

To my surprise, the interviewer burst out laughing. Apparently, he had been asking that question to all the candidates, and I was the first one to come up with a creative answer (I guess). It turned out that my sense of humor was just what the bank was looking for in an accountant, because we were all qualified for this job.

After the interview, I was thrilled to receive a call offering me the job. I had finally landed my first job as an accountant, and I knew that my sense of humor had played a big role in helping me get there.

There are plenty of opportunities out there, and with a bit of creativity, you too can land your dream job.

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by Bintabisiriyu2: 9:47am On Mar 28, 2023
"If you were a superhero, what
would your superpower be?"

My answer:
... na the superpower of invisibility to secretly sneak into bank vaults and cart away plenty money without being noticed.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by bigdammyj: 1:46pm On Mar 28, 2023
Okay.
Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by Voiceofthestree: 1:47pm On Mar 28, 2023
Make DEM connect you nah Job go deh look for you no be you suppose deh look for job follow who know road you nah go deh swoe

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by YoungLionken(m): 1:47pm On Mar 28, 2023
Nice piece of art..

Jobs in Nigeria are like raw gold, very hard to find. All thanks to the Nigerian government..

No wonder HR departments are feeling like demi-gods when you're seeking jobs from them, despite their peanut pay...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by ecolime(m): 1:47pm On Mar 28, 2023
Nice advert

My advise to young graduates is to always look for job offers that offer great or better career prospects. Don't be too enticed by the starting salaries offered. Some jobs are career dead-end if you are not careful.

I know of someone who moved from 80k job to 400k. Then 400k to 1.8M monthly all within 5 years.

*Capacity over salary*

29 Likes

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by boltwings: 1:47pm On Mar 28, 2023
create job for yourself....think

2 Likes

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by Johnn44: 1:47pm On Mar 28, 2023
Amazing

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by WarrenP: 1:48pm On Mar 28, 2023
We don hear

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by Youngkhaleepha3(m): 1:48pm On Mar 28, 2023
You will find what you’re looking for insha Allah’s

3 Likes

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by Ayomide002: 1:48pm On Mar 28, 2023
This is awesome.

Op turned to Dr. Strange
Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by Schoolguy9(m): 1:49pm On Mar 28, 2023
This is getting interesting now.

Visit www.pwanultimate.com to work with us.

Best regards!
Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by xristos(m): 1:49pm On Mar 28, 2023
Hmm
Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by Ed12(m): 1:49pm On Mar 28, 2023
Grace..

Pray for grace in all you do

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by thatsleepboy1: 1:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
Even me as an undergraduate, na dispatch I dey use hold body anytime I enter lagos. Office job? Omo God no create me for that one walai.

3 Likes

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 28, 2023
For so many graduates, the inability to express themselves has continually kept them below par... There are so many graduates with good grades how you choose to stand out makes the difference. Your unique point could be your humourous attitude or your attention to detail or your ability to light up a room.
What's the selling point that makes you different from another candidate?

Congratulations OP

7 Likes

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by Mase2020g(m): 1:51pm On Mar 28, 2023
Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by chinavs9ja(m): 1:51pm On Mar 28, 2023
You can start with vtu business and build your website using https://firstdevlab.com for free
Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by Adeniranloye(m): 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
This month of march have thought me so many lesson about job hunting.

This start after I left my current job for a new one in February and after receiving the first salary the employer decided to shutdown operation of some warehouse which mine was part of it and terminate all employee appointment .

Within the little moment I said home and searching for a new job so many lesson was learnt before God came through from my previous employer .

All glory to God and pray God provide means of livelihood to everyone hunting for a job to put food on the table.

6 Likes

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by tosyne2much(m): 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
Another fiction?

2 Likes

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
Congratulations. I celebrate with you

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by obinna58(m): 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
Which mod pushed this to front page
As a Nigerian does this sound any real at all? Cooked lies for advert scam sake

There’s nothing creative in your answer infact if I’m your employer I’ll be disgusted

3 Likes

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
Congratulations!!! May this job be the beginning of many more profitable and fruitful opportunities for you. Those still searching will receive joyous news very soon by God willing, amin.

You're quite lucky

2 Likes

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by LandMann: 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
Now that tribal and ethnic slurs have been totally banned on nairaland you're going to see fewer comments on threads... However, those few comments are going to be meaningful.

4 Likes

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by Investorozay: 1:53pm On Mar 28, 2023
there are no jobs, fror everyone 100 grads in naija, maybe 1 to 5 will find a decent job.

After graduating. dont be in a hurry to move to a big town if you don't have accommodation. stay where u are and develop yourself first.
1 - learn a skill - digital or blue collar
2- use this skill to stay alive till u get the so-called dream job or you take this skill to a business level and make it big

in my case - before i graduated i was neck deep in crypto trading and fx - turned it into a business and invested big in real estate from proceeds
i had joined platforms like binance, and some other exchanges. mastered how to trade safe spread arbitrage etc. used that to grow. also made some hits on some coins in 2020. Wont trade the industry for any job RN no matter the salary

my friend was deep into UI and DIgital graphics - he is doing very well today without a job.
use resources like binance academy, udemy, and youtube to build knowledge

6 Likes

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 28, 2023
Bintabisiriyu2:
"If you were a superhero, what
would your superpower be?"

My answer:
... na the superpower of invisibility to secretly sneak into bank vaults and cart away plenty money without being noticed.

My giggy!

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by FireUpNow(m): 1:55pm On Mar 28, 2023
I I was a superhero with my superhero power I will go and catch Me Godwin Emiefele then lock him up for 8 months without food and water for him to taste suffering that Nigerians are goin through due to his not well thought decision of introducing cashless policy

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by Johnjanrt: 1:56pm On Mar 28, 2023
lipsrsealed
If only this were real.
Super powers for me would be ability to see ahead of time and plan accordingly.

3 Likes

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by Karlifate: 1:56pm On Mar 28, 2023
cheesy grin

"Oh, not again" 👇

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by Isabi4lov: 1:57pm On Mar 28, 2023
Congrats 👏

1 Like

Re: My Job Hunt Story As A Fresh Graduate by Factfinder1(m): 1:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
One day story go change

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Inec Adhoc Staff Recruitment For 2019 Elections / Job Opportunity At Nestle Nigeria Plc / Hobark International Latest Job Recruitment (8 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.