Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,293 members, 7,853,369 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:22 PM

Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race (20186 Views)

Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Reportedly Assumes Control Of APC’s Campaign / 10 Aspirants That May Likely Feature In Edo 2024 Governorship Race (Video) / Dele Momodu Reacts As Jide Sanwoolu Joins Governorship Race In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by DonNeon: 12:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
famology:

We're talking about popularity you're talking about structure. This year election has shown that if you're popular you'll win election in Nigeria. Again don't deceive yourself, we'll be voting for candidates in Edo next year not party. If LP brings out somebody we don't like he'll be roundly defeated. If APC gives us a sound and popular candidate he'll win overwhelmingly. PDP is in power today but they're the most hated in Edo because of obaseki just like APC is hated because of buhari. The just concluded election clearly tells you how hated the PDP is in Edo eventhough they're in power.

Popularity and structure goes hand in hand..... As popular as Ken imasuagbon or Pastor ize iyamu are, they won't win any state election with a party like apga in Edo state...

If Peter Obi had contested under pdp he wouldn't have had just 51k votes from the north west.....
Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by IgweOfIHIALA(m): 12:33pm On Mar 28, 2023
Ogaonos:
if edo pple summon u to their oba for ur lies u say u were jux playing .cpntinue one day na one day ur lie lie comment go put u for trouble.

https://twitter.com/AmodaOgunlere/status/1639922106321326084?t=wtpp13u-RT7uAekh7Z26kA&s=19

Now go through that link and stop being dumb.
Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by MountHoreb: 12:36pm On Mar 28, 2023
Beer parlour jargon. How can Dennis (Denco) from the same Senatorial district with the current governor succeed him? People who don't know about Edo state politics will just wake up one morning and be writing unnecessary epistles. It's the turn of Esan Land (Edo Central) to produce the next governor for equity and fairness.

2 Likes

Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by Ogaonos: 12:36pm On Mar 28, 2023
makavalley:

Where you people get this fallacies? where did Igbos insult the oba's? with confidence you come public space to type trash 🗑️
yprubas nd bat are so shameless for their tribal bigot.i was expecting apolgises.tp igbos nd tell d nation dt ibo are freely lively in osun,ekiti ,ondo oyo,ogun dt even gov.adeleke of osun is half yoruba half ibo .nd condemn mc olumo nd call for his arrest.nd signal a better positivity.instesd their going round d bush speaking big big english .jux watch if peter obi get his mandate they start begging by dt time is too late .nd no bdy will take yorubas serious nd look them as tribal bigot that dividing d unity of d south

1 Like

Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by MountHoreb: 12:39pm On Mar 28, 2023
southsouthking:
Hey O.P, y'all should stop this rubbish, I'm Bini by tribe, but to be fair and sincere, it's the Turn of Esan.
Let's live in this Edo State in fairness, equity and justice.
Let's live in this Edo State on peace.

If y'all are ready to shut down this Edo State with inequity, unfairness and injustice, we're all ready to shut it down together.

It's time for the Esan people.
We all rally round for Peter Obi because of his manifesto of fairness, justice and equity, y'all shouldn't change the mantra of the struggle for a true and better Nigeria.

That's the point. Leave the OP to be typing his jargon. It's the turn of the Esan Land.

2 Likes

Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by Ogaonos: 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2023
IgweOfIHIALA:

https://twitter.com/AmodaOgunlere/status/1639922106321326084?t=wtpp13u-RT7uAekh7Z26kA&s=19

Now go through that link and stop being dumb.
lol who is calling dumb is clearly show u nt staying in edo .u calling me dt lively in d state dumb smh.for ur info.edo esp oredo nd egor lGA(edo south) .is diehard obidient.ibos are trading freely in mission rd freeely .they fit collect bullet for peter obi.is dt serious over here.u no notice somebdy are asking u were u for hear such.is strange to hear such .
Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by garfield1: 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
DonNeon:

The division in pdp gave out Edo central to APC.... there's no way APC will reclaim Edo state.....their only stronghold (Edo north) won't be the deciding factor....

Pdp is still divided up till now.apc is stronger than pdp in edo
Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by famology(m): 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2023
DonNeon:

Popularity and structure goes hand in hand..... As popular as Ken imasuagbon or Pastor ize iyamu are, they won't win any state election with a party like apga in Edo state...

If Peter Obi had contested under pdp he wouldn't have had just 51k votes from the north west.....

Ken imasuangbon and ize iyamu are not popular candidates. Ize iyamu was defeated in his local government orhionmwon by obaseki both as APC and PDP candidates in 2016 and 2020. The definition of a popular candidate in Edo is oshiomhole in 2007. He won with a little known Action Congress in Edo at a point when Edo was practically one party system of the PDP. Oshiomhole in 2007 would have won that election under any party. Do you know that ize iyamu lost his polling unit in the just concluded house of assembly election in his ugboko ward? Mtcheeeew 70 to 77 votes.

Ken is just a rice distributor,he can't win election by popular contest. What obi showed in this election is that popularity is more important than structure in politics. Obi's popularity gave life to LP and many unknown faces rode to power under that popularity on a structureless labour party.
Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by NaMe4: 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2023
southsouthking:
Hey O.P, y'all should stop this rubbish, I'm Bini by tribe, but to be fair and sincere, it's the Turn of Esan.

If y'all are ready to shut down this Edo State with inequity, unfairness and injustice, we're all ready to shut it down together.

We all rally round for Peter Obi because of his manifesto of fairness, justice and equity, y'all shouldn't change the mantra of the struggle for a true and better Nigeria.

Allow the clown.
He got some knocks on the earlier thread, then sneaked today to reopen the same rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by DonNeon: 1:40pm On Mar 28, 2023
famology:

Ken imasuangbon and ize iyamu are not popular candidates. Ize iyamu was defeated in his local government orhionmwon by obaseki both as APC and PDP candidates in 2016 and 2020. The definition of a popular candidate in Edo is oshiomhole in 2007. He won with a little known Action Congress in Edo at a point when Edo was practically one party system of the PDP. Oshiomhole in 2007 would have won that election under any party. Do you know that ize iyamu lost his polling unit in the just concluded house of assembly election in his ugboko ward? Mtcheeeew 70 to 77 votes.

Ken is just a rice distributor,he can't win election by popular contest. What obi showed in this election is that popularity is more important than structure in politics. Obi's popularity gave life to LP and many unknown faces rode to power under that popularity on a structureless labour party.

If Peter Obi had the structures of the ruling party or that of PDP he would have been president today.....

As popular as Buhari was in 2003, 2007, and 2011....he needed a solid structure to become president.....

If Ken imasuagbon and ize iyamu aren't popular.... please kindly name 3 popular potential governorship candidates from Edo state.... atleast one from each senatorial zone....
Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by DonNeon: 1:48pm On Mar 28, 2023
garfield1:

Pdp is still divided up till now.apc is stronger than pdp in edo

This is the issue here....if pdp remains divided like this, then it will be to apc's advantage( hoping they don't zone it to Edo north).............

Edo state during elections is very dynamic...
Zoning, the mood of the state, the popularity of the candidate and the party structures will all play important roles as to who will become the next governor...
Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by cedricksly: 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
oikirodah:
Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race By Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah

Please leave your thoughts in the comments section.

Osigwe Omo-Ikirdah is the Chairman and CEO of Bush Radio Academy.
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/is-dennis-idahosa-a-potent-force-in-edo-2024-governorship-race-by-osigwe-omo-ikirodah/

Source iReporteronline.
I often Wonder how you people come up with these things, always Suprised but seeing this about my own state of origin has made me aware that you guys can post anything politically for any state u have no idea of how politics works there, for any reason best known to u. Now save this reply, LABOUR PARTY OR NOT, THIS GUY DOES NOT FIT TOP 100 ELIGIBLE GOVERNORSHIP CANDIDATE. He Won't win any primaries of any serious political party that is serious to win
1) it is the turn of the Edo Central(Esan people to produce the next governor) this man u wrote an epistle for is a Bini man just like the current governor(edo South) . And the one before obaseki Oshiomhole was Estako.(edo North) Any political party that do not field an edo central candidate is unwise really want to waste money... Me talking to you right now is from edo South and in edo state politics zoning is a thing. If he ever wins any primaries he won't get up to 1000 votes

3 Likes

Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by garfield1: 1:54pm On Mar 28, 2023
DonNeon:

This is the issue here....if pdp remains divided like this, then it will be to apc's advantage( hoping they don't zone it to Edo north).............

Edo state during elections is very dynamic...
Zoning, the mood of the state, the popularity of the candidate and the party structures will all play important roles as to who will become the next governor...

The truth is that pdp died with obaseki.as he's leaving,the party is gone with him.no one from Bini is rallying pdp,esan is gradually abandoning pdp.apc can still win by zoning to edo north
Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by DonNeon: 2:08pm On Mar 28, 2023
garfield1:

The truth is that pdp died with obaseki.as he's leaving,the party is gone with him.no one from Bini is rallying pdp,esan is gradually abandoning pdp.apc can still win by zoning to edo north

Just dy play..... It's obvious you're sympathetic to APC.....A candidate from Edo north will not be sellable irrespective of the party
Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by Father4all: 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2023
Let truth be told. It's time of the Esan people. Oshiomole, Auchi, Obaseki Benin, now it's Ishan/Esan turn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by garfield1: 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2023
DonNeon:

Just dy play..... It's obvious you're sympathetic to APC.....A candidate from Edo north will not be sellable irrespective of the party

True,I am apc.obaseki killed the chances of pdp.edo will rather be with apc or lp
Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by DonNeon: 2:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
garfield1:

True,I am apc.obaseki killed the chances of pdp.edo will rather be with apc or lp
Let's watch and see...as much as I want a governor from Edo central for inclusiveness..........
I'll prefer a competent man from Edo north/south than an incompetent governor from Edo central
Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by DonNeon: 2:27pm On Mar 28, 2023
cedricksly:
I often Wonder how you people come up with these things, always Suprised but seeing this about my own state of origin has made me aware that you guys can post anything politically for any state u have no idea of how politics works there, for any reason best known to u. Now save this reply, LABOUR PARTY OR NOT, THIS GUY DOES NOT FIT TOP 100 ELIGIBLE GOVERNORSHIP CANDIDATE. He Won't win any primaries of any serious political party that is serious to win
1) it is the turn of the Edo Central(Esan people to produce the next governor) this man u wrote an epistle for is a Bini man just like the current governor(edo South) . And the one before obaseki Oshiomhole was Estako.(edo North) Any political party that do not field an edo central candidate is unwise really want to waste money... Me talking to you right now is from edo South and in edo state politics zoning is a thing. If he ever wins any primaries he won't get up to 1000 votes

This is what many of them don't understand....
Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by Legitisreal: 2:42pm On Mar 28, 2023
Omenlon:
is he from Edo central?
leave that one to be talking rubbish

We don taya to dey see ogie dull face

He has eaten enough, him and shaibu that have almost all filling station in benin
Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by Legitisreal: 2:45pm On Mar 28, 2023
famology:

people like rice man for Benin especially

It's just that party politics always scheme him out and again he is from the Edo Central that haven't been given turn since

If Ken get better party fly the people already have affinity for him

I want him to even go to LP sef

1 Like

Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by garfield1: 2:46pm On Mar 28, 2023
DonNeon:

Let's watch and see...as much as I want a governor from Edo central for inclusiveness..........
I'll prefer a competent man from Edo north/south than an incompetent governor from Edo central

Edo south has been producing incompetent govs.oshiomhole and ambrose alli were competent so anything but edo south

1 Like

Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by DonNeon: 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
garfield1:

Edo south has been producing incompetent govs.oshiomhole and ambrose alli were competent so anything but edo south

Oshiomole was not competent please.... especially during his 2nd tenure
Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by persius555(m): 3:16pm On Mar 28, 2023
It's the turn of Edo Central torule Edo. Anything outside this is invalid

2 Likes

Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by Iykenuwa(m): 4:07pm On Mar 28, 2023
southsouthking:

Ughama my brother

2 Likes

Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by egopersonified(f): 4:43pm On Mar 28, 2023
When will Edo state LP start selling forms, so I can start gathering my N15m. When I told my people I will be called your excellency someday, they thought I was talking about being first lady. Why be 1st lady, when I can be Governor,?
Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by Zabilon007(m): 6:16pm On Mar 28, 2023
*IT IS THE TURN OF EDO CENTRAL*!.
ENGR. GIDEON IKHINE IS THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB*
Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by brunxy(m): 6:26pm On Mar 28, 2023
He is a good man and he will definitely do well as a governor, but I think the time is not ripe for him yet. Obaseki from Edo south is about to complete his 8yrs ( 2 term) as governor, so it will be injustice to other geopolitical zone for someone from Edo south to takeover from him.

I know denco personally and I worked ( campaigned for him) for his election into the house of rep in 2019 with other great ovia youth leaders I won't mention their names here.

So let's pray for long life and good health, I will gladly campaign for him when the time is right again for Edo south.

IT'S THE TURN OF EDO CENTRAL

1 Like

Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by Coronavirus1: 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2023
Esan Edo Central should produce the govnership candidate for equity fair and justice see how delta rotation of their govnership very fair

1 Like

Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by ogbe88(m): 10:54pm On Mar 28, 2023
What a foolish kid.
Re: Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race by GoodCane: 10:17am On Mar 29, 2023
southsouthking:

I completely agree with you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Regret Not Winning Lagos For PDP In 2003 -atiku / NASS, DSS, Police Set To Take Over Edo Assembly, Issue Directive To Obaseki / Insecurity: Northern Elders Hail Sultan For Speaking Truth To Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.